Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,168 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92057 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by NittyR(f): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
The sense of entitlement is nauseating. Imagine his father in-law imposing it on the poor man, as what? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by caniva(m): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kuku kill your husband now angry
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Rubbish! Nonsense. Is your husband your family's ATM? Some families and their children no get shame. Imagine how your parents sold you out like a slave to your husband. Poverty na curse walahi. If i be your husband, any time I fok you and you no give me better ringtones make everybody for our street dey hear or you ?. come before I come, na die be your name that day. You people are the main reason Nigerian men die young. Vickyrotex abi kini mo wi?

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ramos16(m): 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Xchangemadeeasy:
I hope this is true because that guy deserves an award for standing his ground and its something I personally would do.

When people want to get married, they should be responsible for their cost and expenses. If any family member or friends wants to help or support, it's simply out of their own volition and not compulsion whatsoever.

Some people would just have this entitlement spirit that is really annoying. Your husband earns 70k, maybe his net would fall back to 45k after removing transport and other expenses.

The poor guy is probably thinking of how to keep his family in shape planning with the little he has and someone somewhere believes he should donate his nothing less than three months savings to an adult who is not capable of carrying his own responsibility all in the name of in-laws and marriage.

Iberibe set of people...

It is a Nollywood script jare, all this fake stories on twitter and Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 12:00am On Jun 16, 2020
caniva:
Kuku kill your husband now angry
no mind the winch

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 16, 2020
Your father is suffering from something known as toxic masculinity. If he was a responsible father, he won't take bride price in the first place, and bless your union. The 500k he smartly embezzled in the form of "tradition" would have gone a long way to build your home, or maybe start a business for you.

You have a good and a responsible husband. Apologise to him for calling him irresponsible and get a job, then build your home together.

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 16, 2020
How I wish I see this lady and Give her a Resounding Slap..

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by WHITELIGHTER: 12:01am On Jun 16, 2020
I sent this same story to my gf....do you know what?she called the man a stingy man that can't send ordinary 120k to help his bro-inlaw. She went further to ask me if I'm such man....I just ended the relationship there and then. I can't marry a woman with such selfish and self-centered mentality.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:02am On Jun 16, 2020
Your family has no right whatsoever to bill your husband 120k naira as his contribution to your brother's marriage. When your husband wanted to marry you, did any of your family contribute any money for him? I beg lean on me nor be kill me. Free your husband and you have to talk to your family to stop the rubbish. A man who is managing with 70k montly salary, you want to kill him with bill. Do you know if he took a loan to meet up the demand your family demanded from him when he wanted to marry you? Make you park well ooo. Marriage nor be business na because you sounded as if your husband must always pay your family for everything

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 12:02am On Jun 16, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
You're a stupid woman and a stupid wife

No man deserve a stupid woman like you for a wife
see mumu talk. Kill yourself because of inlaws.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Zabiboy: 12:02am On Jun 16, 2020
tiswell:
Here you go, take it!

Thanks grin cool
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by jmichael259(m): 12:03am On Jun 16, 2020
Maybe just another online story to draw traffic
But if true, UNA DEY MAD
What kind of idiot person shares family problem and ask inlaw to bring 120k for son's wedding? What crazy family rubber stamps price of bride list? That list is just figurative, negotiable and can be done half with the remaining half left till further notice. The entire list of 400k can be settled with 150k, 80k or less?

Before you misunderstand Igbo wedding list or get ripped off by greedy kinsmen, ask yourself how much did the palmwine tappers, traders, motorcyclists, artisans in that community spend on their own wives?
I repeat THE LIST IS FIGURATIVE AND CAN EVEN BE COMPLETELY WRITTEN OFF IF THE BRIDE FAMILY IS SENSIBLE ENOUGH!

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 12:03am On Jun 16, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
Your family has no right whatsoever to bill your husband 120k naira as his contribution to your brother's marriage. When your husband wanted to marry you, did any of your family contribute any money for him? I beg lean on me nor be kill me. Free your husband and you have to talk to your family to stop the rubbish. A man who is managing with 70k montly salary, you want to kill him with bill. Do you know if he took a loan to meet up the demand your family demanded from him when he wanted to marry you? Make you park well ooo.
don't mind her and her family. Na so them dey kill young men all in the name of marriage
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Gospelchinonso(m): 12:04am On Jun 16, 2020
Honestly speaking, your husband owes your parents nothing. Sending money to them monthly is out of point. Your parents requesting money for your brother's wedding is totally off point. He and his family paid their own price, your family should as well.
I will end with this, your parents didn't do well, if am the man, I will still do the same. Fix your problem with your husband
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 12:05am On Jun 16, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I feel so so sorry for you

Sha don't come on nairaland to seek for marital advice when you marry such over demanding wife
no mind that small boy. Na their type in-laws dey control and they always die young before their time
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Liposure: 12:05am On Jun 16, 2020
Bothering your hubby 2 contribute 2 your brother bride price is insane; its preposterous; its ridiculous
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by searchMaster(m): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2020
Your husband does not want to contribute and I think he should not contribute because if he does, your father will also bill him monthly to assist that your brother.

Come to think of it, your husband (a brother-in-law) is billed nearly 30% of the marriage expenses, not even a voluntary contribution. WTF? You should be the one telling your father it's too much.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Moganajoe: 12:07am On Jun 16, 2020
DominusPrime:
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una foot una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...

Gbam! You don tok well.
The woman is not reasonable enough. your husband earns just 70k that can't even take care of both of you and you are now bringing your own family into it.

I can tell you categorically, if things continue this way the marriage cant survive.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by dasparrow: 12:07am On Jun 16, 2020
580K to get married to a woman?!! shocked

You see, I am now beginning to see why many Nigerian men treat their wives like crap after marriage. I can now see why some Nigerian men have sworn never to marry a Nigerian woman. What sort of greed is this?

There is life after the wedding or marriage ceremony. After spending all that money to fulfill the long list of the bride's greedy family, what is the newly wed couple supposed to live on?

Anyways, I blame Nigerian men. If a family is asking for more money than you can comfortably afford, please dump their daughter and look for someone else to marry. This is broad daylight extortion all in the name of "culture" and wanting to get married. What the hell?!!

And after the man had pleaded with the woman's family to reduce the items on the list and they refused, they now have the audacity to ask for 120K for their son's marriage. Lateron when babies come by the bride's brother, this greedy family will ask her husband for children's school fees as well. I mean, where do you draw the line?

Honestly, if you want to live long, do not marry from a Nigerian or even African family. Their obnoxious sense of entitlement is on another level. No wonder Nigerian men don't live long and are dead before they get a chance to see any of their grandchildren. angry

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 16, 2020
Parablesonmarble:

Result.....sir, you have successfully convinced and not confused us that love is never enough. There are other very important factors to consider before jumping into marriage, including but not limited to your financial capability, emotional maturity of all parties involved and level of understanding of key people involved.
On behalf of the panel of judges, I announce that you have won. Debate over and case closed. Gbam.
I'm humbled by your submission sir...
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 16, 2020
This woman deserve hot slap. Is like the marriage don tire and she feel like go home go join her parents for village.
List worth #580k was a tradition.
Your brother #400k was also a tradition
As far as I am concerned the family don eat their share already. You the woman you cannot come and control the man as if he is still paying for the list. Your thought and plan now is for the man alone.
E be like say village people don dey call her

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by tete7000(m): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2020
elektra:
You and Your family are a bunch of entitled clowns.

Why should your husband be paying your parents salary? Are they his employees? What are they doing for him? Your mouth did not even heavy you to ask, seeing as you are a not bringing in any income. Your head is not correct at all.

Your father sef! When he was insisting on >500K he did not think of the future. Now the same fate has befallen his son. Shame did not catch him to demand money from his in-law? Your father is a shameless man.

Na fight? grin grin grin

Take am easy with the lady I beg...Na ignorance dey worry am. Biko
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by CaptainRose: 12:08am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19
madam ur husband married u is nt mean dat is belong to ur family matter so now if u are pregnant ur family brodas will contribute or not.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2020
BABANGBALI:
don't mind her and her family. Na so them dey kill young men all in the name of marriage
. The family nor get shame at all. Even the brother that wants to marry is not ready. Make he dey wait for community effort before he marry
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 12:09am On Jun 16, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
This story is very dumb.. undecided undecided undecidedand it shows the lady's family HV a low self esteem, in which they see their female children as investment and survival undecided undecided.
If you no marry, won't Ur brother pay his own marriage list.. this is a foolish thinking..
And what has the husband, with her brother.. what is the relationship btw weyrey and Asinwin undecided undecided.
If Ur family needs a means of survival, then the father shud go out and work undecided undecided undecided. Don't drain another man's son dry.
As I start reading, I know na Igbo tribe..
U kule kuku kill him.
Fools everywhere, undecided undecided.. u think it is easy lipsrsealed undecided undecided
that's why I like Yoruba wedding. We no dey sell our daughters no matter how poor we are.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 16, 2020
These are the kind of things you read, that makes you become angry instantly angry
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 12:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
. The family nor get shame at all. Even the brother that wants to marry is not ready. Make he dey wait for community effort before he marry
very shameless family. As for the girl herself, if na me be her husband, any time I fok her and she no moan, scream, shout, give me better ringtones make all our neighbours know sey we dey do or she come before I come, na die be her name that day. I hate nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Moganajoe: 12:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

I smell conspiracy from the woman and family to kill the man.

What a shameless slay queen the young man got married to

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Nwa ooo... una don carry this gist reach here... hmmmm...
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by OriOko88(m): 12:13am On Jun 16, 2020
Nonsense. Its only in ibo land you see people pay very exorbitant money to inlaws all in d name of wedding. That's why many of them go into robbery and other crimes just to make the money for wedding ceremony. Its this kind of pressure that's making most igbos men into fraudulent activities. 500k for inlwas alone How much would he now spend for the whole wedding. I can see why he's frustrated, and his lack of interest in helping his wife family cos he knew what he passed through before he could come up with d money. What a culture. I had d first hand experience of a serious scuffle among the male relative of a bride to be, and his husband relatives, over the number of crates of beer they husband should have brought, and insisted that without those stuff adding up, no wedding. It was a show of Shame in community then in ihiala. Eyes saw many things during nysc sha lipsrsealed
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Liposure: 12:14am On Jun 16, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:
I sent this same story to my gf....do you know what?she called the man a stingy man that can't send ordinary 120k to help his bro-inlaw. She went further to ask me if I'm such man....I just ended the relationship there and then. I can't marry a woman with such selfish and self-centered mentality.
thats how u wood hav bought goods on credit

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Maykanu: 12:15am On Jun 16, 2020
My dear, u should be ashame posting this.

Your husband earn 70k yet your family out of greed gave him bill of 540k. Yes d have sold u completely. That's not enough u are complaining he's not sending money to your parents? Have d finished d 540k?

Now your brother wants to marry and his bill is 400k, while not same 540k? Yet without shame your family is asking him to contribute 120k. How many of your family assisted him.

I can see your family plan to turn him to an ATM machine.

Last last na u go suffer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.