Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61449 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
u know wetin dey pain me pass all d atheists wen dey say muslems and christains na b Nigeria problem ...wetin dem atheists don do to develop dis country ...d only notable atheists wey I know for dis country na seun d rest na to dey cum make niose for nairaland

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

how many white men are living their "heaven" on earth?
after the Balfour declaration, do you know how many offensive Israel laid on the surrounding neighbors,they went into war with all they neighbors, not spiritual war oo,not war with armor of God, they went with riffles and bombs,they are still doing it today to Palestinians, are they thinking of heaven, is mr Netanyahu thinking of Going to hell for the killings,i dont think so,they are making the Israel now their own paradise. The only Jerusalem i know is in Israel no Jerusalem is in heaven, open your eyes brethren.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Hahahaha... you are my Sister
If I tear you slap, don't quote me again.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by adewale6588(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=Kenplay post=90800035].

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

best lines u have got here

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Mftivi: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
I left religion, I followed christ there is a difference. Religion is bondage in christ I have freedom, I dont follow him cos I am afraid of him or hell, I follow him cos I discovered him. I tried him and proved that he is God and know that he loves me and even death nor my shortcomings can separate me from his love.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by dederocs(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Spirituality is key, religion is man made.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

how many white men are living their "heaven" on earth?
mr trump that is claiming Christian is business building mass destructive weapon days and night,why is he not depending on the armor of God or Jesus Armor.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
all of the pink fellas because they are not even white,they are not afraid to kill or misbehave because they don't have that mentality of going to hell after all, when someone kill your relative in Africa,they will say leave the fight for God, we dont fight back,we leave the fight for God,thats why they will come back to harm you again because they know you will be waiting for God to fight for you

does that define living a life of "heaven" on earth.?..........baby atheist better know what u believe and don't allow someone's hatred for God make u hate....ya heard?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by luluosas(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
You missed the point my dear, because WE CHRISTIANS DON'T DON'T PRACTICE RELIGION. Christianity is LIFE, and NEVER A RELIGION. You should be able to separate emotions from reality. Thank you.

OriOko88:
No matter what d illusionist atheists say about religion, we Christ adherents aren't buoyed or intimidated. We remain with Christ. Even d advanced whites, that re more liberals and intelligent believe in religion. Rome was built on the tenents of religion, more than half of US population re practicing christians, what's d headache of these nairaland atheists attacking religious people. You all need salvation, and I pray it never be too late for you before u see d Light, which is Jesus.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by donslime: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
says who

That part is wrong.[/quote]
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CodeTemplar: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I left religion in 2018. I don't believe in all these religious dogmas and beliefs anymore.

But I know there is a supernatural being behind this world and I believe in him.
Please try and research the roles of religious folks in modernisation globally and realize the world would probably still be drinking camel urine and offering goat and yam sacrifices to god without Christianity. Isaac Newton wasn't named Isa. Michael Faraday wasn't named Mukail or Malik for a reason. The top black inventors in contemporary history are largely die hard Christians too.

We should learn to separate the substance from the chaff before bashing religion.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Franking: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

Taa! Which useless Jesus be that? Keep deceiving urself.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
mr trump that is claiming Christian is business building mass destructive weapon days and night,why is he not depending on the armor of God or Jesus Armor.

cuz God wouldn't fight ur physical battles for u.....are u satisfied?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CelestineNelson: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
It is very clear that you've not encountered God...
Though Christianity is not a religion, but am given you a reply because I know folks like you when you mentioned religion, you actually mean both a true existing God and false religious God. Now you have given your reasons why you want live your own life, and also believe that there is no God...Non of those reasons you typed up there is stermed from genuine point of knowledge of God, they are incubated from your frustrations. You talked about NIGERIA not offering sustainable development to other nations, I laugh, aren't you a well meaning NIGERIA that can come up with a great idea that will employ people like you? Is it the duty of the church to provide jobs or the duty of the Government, the church successfully move to south Africa and other part of the world to preach the Gospel- the only assignment they have, what has the Government of your nation tried to carry to other nations? You are still confused, channel your frustrations to the appropriate quarters not the Church.
Let me tell you why you want to be an athiest 1. The freedom to believe and live the way you want is so important to you than the fact that they is someone in charge of the whole thing and having a standard that will hold you accountable to, is just way too much to submit yourself to him- because that means he might put a wet blanket in some of the things you want to do

2 maybe just because you can not prove his existence, you now concluded there is no God.
Before you come up with a reply to this go and think again...
Please Let me show you JESUS...I know God allow me to show you God...
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Sadteen: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
KennedicalEnergy:
Leave religion and do not leave Jesus Christ. He is the only way, the truth and life.
Bible remains the only perfect book. I invite you to join me in my daily Bible reading, you won't regret if you do.

There is life after death. Those that rejected the salvation of Our Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell. Believe it or not.
Muslims: Koran's the only perfect book
Christians: Bibles the only perfect book
Jews and other religions: our religious book is the only perfect book
So which one do we believe?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by WaterWalker5(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

You just hit the nail where it matters most. Religion is just a cloak used to hide a disease.
Embrace Jesus and maintain a relationship with Him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Please try and research the roles of religious folks in modernisation globally and realize the world would probably still be drinking camel urine and offering goat and yam sacrifices to god without Christianity. Isaac Newton wasn't named Isa. Michael Faraday wasn't named Mukail or Malik for a reason. The top black inventors in contemporary history are largely die hard Christians too.

We should learn to separate the substance from the chaff before bashing religion.

u de mind dem, most of them probably don't have a mind of their own....na wetin people talk dem dey believe, ask dem wetin make dem no believe in the existence of God dem go dey speechless.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by AeroplaneApple: 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Maybe God works in miraculous ways
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

does that define living a life of "heaven" on earth.?..........baby atheist better know what u believe and don't allow someone's hatred for God make u hate....ya heard?
lol i am seeking the truth and im getting it gradually, you know how many fasting i did when i was looking for visa? Those pastors are lying to you, you pray for Visa to go experience racism lol,if you are outside you know what im talking about. The pastors know better but will not tell you,thats why the seek elsewhere for power to deceive you.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

You are a liar!

The bible is filled with all forms of atrocities you can ever imagine. Especially the old testament... YOU NEED PROOF?
Yes, there are instances of wars in d old testament, they're attacks on d children of God by other nations in which they had to defend themselves. Is there a sin in that?? And besides d new testament through Jesus has redeemed d old testament through his resurrection
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
I see some die hard atheist and agnostic folks already masturbating on this thread smh,........see cum everywhere sad sad shocked

All of you trying to argue with them una just dey waste your time .
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Franking:

Taa! Which useless Jesus be that? Keep deceiving urself.
Bros if u nor believe nor mean say u go dey insult other beliefs...try insult Mohamed for sum Islamic countries first or go north maybe na dere u go learn how to respect oda people beliefs..get sense
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by IJOBA2: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Missyajoke:
Your relationship with Christ matters forget about religion and focus on Christ. The Bible says'' Look unto God the author and the Finisher of our Faith.
SO CHRIST IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF YOUR FAITH embarassed
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by scott04: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:
Bull crap baldadash. You know nothing kid. Instead of you to be fighting for an egalitarian society in which rule of law and good governance prevails, you're ranting about religion. Is religion the cause of poverty in Africa? Is religion responsible for the poor governance we have in Nigeria or Africa? Infact religion opposes the oppression of the masses as well stated in the holy books

Let me tell you, most of the highly developed countries we have today, their foundation are based on the tenents of bible principles. UK, US, France, Italy, Germany are where they're today be cause of their believe in religion. US was established by respectable men of God like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and other men of God. Today america motto is God bless america.
Even the greatest scientists the world ever had, many of them are from Christian backgrounds. Michael Faraday was a church organist, Isaac newton was a church chaplain, Robert Hook was a pastor, he helped built the Westminster abbey. Most of world inventions today are from Christian adherents. So be guided op. Religion has helped to bring morals,and discipline and not otherwise.
Fight for good leadership and governance and leave religion out of your misery.
please before you believe those crap this fool wrote up there make you own research. wikipedia is there for you

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Logba: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Truly God in his majesty created heaven and Earth and what we have therein. He truly exist and fully in charge of the whole thing called existence.
Black man has however misunderstand how God operates.
God has given everyone sense to guide one through life. Blackman will rather than use their common sense to solve his immediate issue but rely on what a man of God will say. Scammerss(Pastors Sheiks etc) who disguise as men of God have seen the weakness in African belief system and using it to there advantages. The so called pastors have learnt how to speak in a way that looks like they are in good relationship with God whereas they commit the greatest sins and exploit unsuspecting members of their congregation.
Every street in China is occupied by people who engage in one production innovation or the other. Chinese are to a great extent believers too but they did not let there belief system affect their industry and productivity. In Nigeria however, every corner you find a church and mosques and the pastors are so smart that they engage their members in a way that immediately you enter you cannot leave. Church activities line up from Sunday to Sunday. You now see able bodies men and women in church on Monday morning to go and pray. While we are praying 24 hours par day our Chinese counterpart are producing and earning income. We pray all the time waiting for miracle to happen. Many waste the whole of their life time in this manner. Our pastors and imams have so much work on our intelligence to the extent that we don't use our sense in deciding what we want. Until we wake up from this slumber Africa will remain backward . Government too needs to come into this and heavily regulate the religious pattern in this country. People are in serious eternal illusion.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by egalitarianism: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Damn. This is thread for the atheist niggas. I'm theist. Outta here
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

And you are pharisee-ometre or what?

How can one lump all the ills in the society and try to pin it on religion alone. Religion isnt a magical fix but must be diligently applied. Anyone blaming religion for not solving mans problem is being stupĂ­d in full. Religion is a channel to God but many see it as tradition because they were born into it and that explains why religious strongholds and clusters exist from place to place around the world.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Doing good and all that is wonderful ! Infact you are naturally blessed on that !

But to Make Eternal Life, you Have to Accept JESUS CHRIST.

You need to acknowledge you are a Sinner and confess your sins to JESUS Christ

Then you Ask JESUS to Come into your life..

If you mean it and you make that prayer, Automatically you are a Child of GOD.your Name is Written in the Book of life.

You need to ensure that you don't get involved with worldliness, Wickedness, sin of any kind!

You have the Holy Bible (kings James Version) to guide you.

Also do not fail to ask GOD for forgiveness if you fall into sin.
Yes, I believe in Christ Jesus. I believe there's God because I've experience a lesson learnt from God himself. But without going to church or taking church serious, why I study my Bible at home and avoid wrong doing. Will that be okay? Remember it base on the topic Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
lol i am seeking the truth and im getting it gradually, you know how many fasting i did when i was looking for visa? Those pastors are lying to you, you pray for Visa to go experience racism lol,if you are outside you know what im talking about. The pastors know better but will not tell you,thats why the seek elsewhere for power to deceive you.

na who send u go der, u wanted the visa they prayed for u, don't channel ur and to God channel it to those pastors......

P.S no pastor is deceiving me, I try to seek for God on my own and then look for a believing church to attend............if na visa make u dey hate God u never get reason to hate am be that......u probably just confused......sit down think well u go know say God dey....
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Tayor23(m): 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

he doesn't need your imaginary Jesus christ he needs common sense to rule his word and to impact his community.....To be morally upright is just by common sense...Anyway religion will become extinct soon.The white men fooled our forefathers with religion, Our forefather lacked common sense and it is affecting us till today.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CelestineNelson: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
tesseract:
I do agree with you on this. Religion is our bane.
It is very clear that you've not encountered God...
Let me tell you why you want to be an athiest

1. The freedom to believe and live the way you want is so important to you than the fact that they is someone in charge of the whole thing and having a standard that will hold you accountable to, is just way too much to submit yourself to him- because that means he might put a wet blanket in some of the things you want to do

2 maybe just because you can not prove his existence, you now concluded there is no God.
Before you come up with a reply to this go and think again...
Please Let me show you JESUS...I know God allow me to show you God...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.