Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61447 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=VirginFinder post=90810977][/quote] The White man told us that our ancestors are evil while you worship theirs.(Mary)

They said Jesus is God, but Jesus himself said he is the son of God.

They said our land is cursed and theirs holy Land (Israel).

Yet they stole our artifact and natural resources.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!
I'm sorry for insulting you.
Not that I won't in the future angry
They banned me because of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Roman7(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
A white man is living his heaven on earth and tells blackman to wait to die before going to heaven. We are brainwashed.

how many white men are living their "heaven" on earth?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kelamma:
No bro. You are the confused one here. We aspire to be pure but we ain't pure because we are HUMANS and we have our flaws and hubris that work against our purity. My problem with you is saying that a Christian does not sin. You are parading yourself as all holy like the Pharisees and sadducees. Pipe down bro. You can't be more christian than Peter who later denied christ during his tribulations.

You been Deceived bro!

That's why the Doctrine of once Saved forever Saved is false!

Until you consciously surrender to JESUS. You are not saved.

If in the Course of your walk with GOD, you fall, you need to ask for Forgiveness..

Don't live with that thought that you can't stop sin! It's a devilish principle from the pit of Hell!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kennydoc:

I pray you have an opportunity to live in a western world someday, so that you'll understand the fallacy in this statement of yours.
i have been to lots of western nations bro, and live in SA, SA is very western brethen,the boers are not religion slaves,that why blacked in SA are liberated from religion, theres evenhave a governmental department that deals with traditional worshippers (sangomas) tell me what i dont know from where you are brethen.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Xisnin(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

To the bold. Yes.
He defends and monitors Trump's tweets 24/7 and knows them by heart.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zoie22:

I'm sorry for insulting you.
Not that I won't in the future angry
They banned me because of you.

My Sister I Hold nothing against you..

I Love you with all my Heart!

But JESUS Loves you More..

I Believe you will come to Him soonest
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by able20(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Just believe Jesus saves and follow him, not religion. Even our Lord Jesus condemned religious people, so what the posters posted is not something new to us.
Jesus critised religious doctrine in the Bible, " Matthew 23"
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by KingsArome(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

grin
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by LadySarah: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
charleff512:

Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.

This is where iam right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by plaetton: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Outside JESUS Christ! I am empty and dead!

I have no life outside my MASTER

BINGO!!
So Jesus is your slave master. Isn't that what this discussion is all about , emancipation from mental slavery ?
If you're empty without Jesus, then you are to be pitied.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kyukastan:

My brother, the problem is that people have misunderstood what was offered at the entry point (when they accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord) was not a religion but a LIFE.

Time is the test of all religions. As this world ends, religion ends also, but the LIFE will not cease.

The Lord continue to strengthen us in him.

GOD BLESS YOU MY Brother!

Am Happy to see people who have this light!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by TheSourcerer: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
doggedfighter:

Lol
you get me♥️♥️
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
plaetton:

BINGO!!
So Jesus is your slave master. Isn't that what this discussion is all about , emancipation from mental slavery ?
If you're empty without Jesus, then you are to be pitied.

My Brother! I am a JESUS BOY all the way!!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Sadteen: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Masking:
smiley not true
God doesn't feel disturbed by prayers.
He infact want us to have a relationship with him which involves communication.

Its just like saying parents feel disturbed by their kids presence in their lives. Very unpossible

D die by fire no follow tho

If God wants a relationship with him, it should not be a relationship where only one party does all the talking. Relationships thrive when there's a good healthy interesting conversation in it. You don't claim to want a relationship with someone yet you act as though very oblivious to the likes and preferences and feelings of the person. Most humans want a relationship but an engaging one where both parties are very much invested in seeing the relationship grow. In the case of God and his children, it seems to me as an abusive relationship where the children are forced to love God because they don't want to go to hell. In this same relationship, his children are also known to swallow a lot of bullshit and accept mediocrity as fantastic because again they are scared of what God will do to them should they speak up or challenge him

For example: a child of God will sing praises and love songs to God even when he or she hasn't eaten in days and is starving, when he manages to find food let's say the food of very poor diet, he will leap for joy and start singing and praising God for being very good to him. At the end of the year, he goes to his local church for Thanksgiving for the goodness of his God when his God was very capable of providing him with better. This same person would call out or insult his biological father if his (father) is capable of taking care of him but isn't and is providing him with poor diet when he could easily bless his son with a rich diet to nourish his body

This is not how to be in a relationship with anybody how much more a whole heavenly father. I don't know how people manage such relationships and still fake happiness when deep down in their hearts they are unhappy, their hearts yearns for better, for freedom, for love with action and more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

how many white men are living their "heaven" on earth?
all of the pink fellas because they are not even white,they are not afraid to kill or misbehave because they don't have that mentality of going to hell after all, when someone kill your relative in Africa,they will say leave the fight for God, we dont fight back,we leave the fight for God,thats why they will come back to harm you again because they know you will be waiting for God to fight for you

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Good for you.

Africans never really understood religion while it was very useful.

Build a man, build a community.

Countries with working systems weren't built by people that thought it was nice to build a working system. They were built by indoctrinated people.

How do you convince a man to build a better world for others to enjoy without any reward bigger than life?

How do you convince a man that one wife is enough, in some cases four wives?

How do you convince a man to love his neighbour as he loves himself?

How does one convince a slave to keep on being humble and hard-working without the hope of eternal life for humble and honest people?

What about the golden rule?

Making laws is easy, enforcing these laws is usually where the problem lies. Without the fear of God, no one would have obeyed any law at their own detriment in the past.

Before men killed God, people were brainwashed to believe that if you hurt an innocent man, God will hurt you in the same measure. If you do ”good”, God will bless you. You need religion to achieve such reasoning. And since bad things happen to everyone, it's better to be religious and have the hope of divine help, than to live purposelessly like a turkey.

However, times have changed, the world has been built to a reasonable level. You no longer need the fear of God to know what is good for you and the society at large. You simply have to borrow a working template elsewhere and apply it. If there's no template, you can perform your own experiment without causing too much harm to yourself and others.

In saner climes, there's usually a potent government that thinks about continuous collective growth and development of its people. Trying hard to leave the world better than they met it. Even if it means promoting religious values. They do it for others, not for themselves. They do it for the progress of the Nation.

But you see Blackman? Smh, they are still deceiving themselves that they are doing whatever they are doing(mostly rubbish) for God. It is God over everything.

Fight for the future of your unborn children - No, only God will help us.

Ostracize a corrupt politician from the society - No, only God can judge them.

Work diligently and provide honest services - No, we are only here for a short while, let's pray to God for our daily bread or steal it and pray for forgiveness.

Black man, wake up! The world has left you behind.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:

All those vices you're stating aren't part of the principles of religion. No where in d bible or Quran was it supported. D bible speaks against all the bad attitudes u stated there. What you see today are actions of individuals in which d bible frowns at . Have you ever read d bible atal, to see what's written there. Don't be in illusion. Leave religion out of your problems in life
You are a liar!

The bible is filled with all forms of atrocities you can ever imagine. Especially the old testament... YOU NEED PROOF?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Bamiz: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pickieox:

E no go better for jesus christ, e no go better for the Romans and the west especially great britain for introducing christinsanity to you...there is nothing like hell or heaven, it's just ur figment of your imagination...
Now, you are insulting Jesus. Don't try that next time. You still no wan hear. The demons in you are really fighting back so you won't see the Light. I know it's not that easy because the demons in you control a very large percentage of your thoughts and actions. Just know in your mind that you are on the wrong path even if it does come sometimes that you are on the right path. That right path thought of "Jesus does not exist" is from a demon. Try hard and fight that thought, repent and also get delivered of the demons inside you.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CodeTemplar: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
charleff512:

Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.
God bless you. The OP is transferring all the blame for the ills of the society to religion forgetting most people who developed the world are die hard religionists (Christians)
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by TheSourcerer: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro ! I have a Message for you! Ordinarily I would have kept quiet but it's in my Heart!

Bro you should not have insulted the HOLY SPIRIT in your write up the other day!

I saw it and I was sad for your sake!

My Brother you should not have done that! There are certain things u don't do in life..
I have a message for Yaweh , one word
Amergedon!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
A white man is living his heaven on earth and tells blackman to wait to die before going to heaven. We are brainwashed.
lmao

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by sheyitokz(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
na werey twitter dem take baff u when young nii leave religion kwa olodo
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Sister I Hold nothing against you..

I Love you with all my Heart!

But JESUS Loves you More..

I Believe you will come to Him soonest
Fvck off, I am not your sister. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by kelmicheal: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
All over the world they identify Nigeria as the most religious People that is fine BUT their is a Problem " Been too Religious but have ungodly behaviours.
Let your ways be pure with God, love your neighbors as your self, do good to the less privileged is better than giving money directly to pastors to enriched themselves.
I tell you if you do all these You will make hwaven.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
whitebeard:
see ur signature and u dey call person fool...no guy reason am...reason ur signature
Reason your confused brain first.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by sonmvayina(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bamiz:
When you die without repenting, you go no wetin sup for hellfire. Better repent now and serve Jesus Christ.

This is tantamount to idolatry... Read the 2nd commandment God gave to Moses...
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by lilmax(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
These nairaland atheists are the funniest

How can you be an atheist and you're in every religion thread?

It defeats your purpose

The real ones no get time

The ones we have here on nairaland are just angry, looking for who to vent on grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by masterP042(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
bigname23:
d funny thing about this thread b say both christains and atheists dey agree with d guy...

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
No matter what d illusionist atheists say about religion, we Christ adherents aren't buoyed or intimidated. We remain with Christ. Even d advanced whites, that re more liberals and intelligent believe in religion. Rome was built on the tenents of religion, more than half of US population re practicing christians, what's d headache of these nairaland atheists attacking religious people. You all need salvation, and I pray it never be too late for you before u see d Light, which is Jesus.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by luluosas(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
You are very correct. Religion is the creation of man, and man have successfully used it to oppress and suppress their fellow human beings by caging them up in delusional prison, and finally released to become fanatical nuisance in the society.

Meanwhile, you don't need any RELIGION. All you need is an intimate RELATIONSHIP with God your creator, through Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the mankind. Strive to know Him today and you will enjoy unquantifiable joy that leads to eternity in heaven.
God bless your day.

Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zoie22:

Fvck off, I am not your sister. undecided

Hahahaha... you are my Sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.