Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61453 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by surgical: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!
so 150 people like this comment, what is the difference now
No hope for this country with this kind lazy thinking

10 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
easzypeaszy:
Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain ... LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, YOU HAVE LOST THE GUIDE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT MAKE YOU DO EVIL YOU DONT LONGER SEE AS EVIL BUT YOU WILL HAVE SEEN IF YOU ARE STILL IN CHRIST.
SHUT UP!

See lost souls saying another man is lost grin
What other proof do you have to know that you're on the right path apart from your reference story book (THE BIBLE)?

You think other religions don't have their story books too?

What makes you think that your own storybook is more authentic?

Get a life and stop fooling yourselves.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Almunjid(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
A white man is living his heaven on earth and tells blackman to wait to die before going to heaven. We are brainwashed.

The same white men that brainwashed Africans to believe in religion also brainwashed u to become an atheist. Atheists lack sense.
If u had left Abrahamic religion for African traditional religion that would have justified ur claim. Atheism originated from the same white men dick heads. U knew about atheism after reading their books.

Don't bother to quote me, because I don't believe in ur existence. I don't reply blank quotes from unreasonable unexisting animals.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Because 'nobody' created us. This wonderful earth with its perfect design was created by 'nobody'.. or like they say, the biggg bang.
It's all the quest for freewill. FREEDOM to do whatever we want.They say na evolution, meanwhile we've long been shifting towards destruction. We're on the precipice already.But the Righteous will be saved. Only those who WAIT on the Lord shall be saved.That freewill una dey find, una go enjoy am tire. The word of God is foolishness to the unwise. The only wisdom they understand is their own wisdom. Itchy ears everywhere who like to hear the only thing pleasing to them.

If you say there is no Afterlife, salvation or damnation, then no problem. Only time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Onliie(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Trash sounding like wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Almunjid(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Hogwash!

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

Ignorance is your major major problem.
Most of the popular religion today were built on
FALSEWOOD
LIES
MURDER
VIOLENCE
ETC

HOW DID AFRICA GOT TO KNOW OF CHRISTAINITY?

SLAVERS CAME IN IN SHIPS TO
RAPE
STEAL
KIDNAP
KILL ETC

WHILE THEY HAD THE (BIBLE) IN ONE HAND, THEY HAD SWORD AND GUN IN THE OTHER HANDS TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE LIKE YOU...

You know nothing kid. Christianity brought education and civilization to the world. This is wht you should thank religion for.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
surgical:
so 150 people like this comment, what is the difference now
No hope for this country with this kind lazy thinking
u wen get hardworking thinking how ur life take beta pass deir own? muchi
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Kendyrich: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

Until you receive Jesus Christ, you won't understand what he said. Religion and and Jesus Christ are not the same thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nasir123(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
One thing I know for sure is that, 'Mumu people can never make Heaven' '.
Christians or Muslims, once you loose your senses, forget it.
But thank God you finally find yours. I'm so happy for you.

We were never created to become Religion's slaves. If not, God would've created Angeles or Stones to be doing a perfect job.

Our Maker demand of us to be using our God giving brains for human development and protection . Not to be fooling ourselves in the name of Religion.

Those who indulge in Religion stupidity are the greatest enemy of the World . And they shall face the consequences when they return.

I believe in God. But I don't believe in the way men have turned Religion.
Religion is now a scary ship than the devil they've always talked about.

Thank God you finally find sense once again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

Ignorance is your major major problem.
Most of the popular religion today were built on
FALSEWOOD
LIES
MURDER
VIOLENCE
ETC

HOW DID AFRICA GOT TO KNOW OF CHRISTAINITY?

SLAVERS CAME IN IN SHIPS TO
RAPE
STEAL
KIDNAP
KILL ETC

WHILE THEY HAD THE (BIBLE) IN ONE HAND, THEY HAD SWORD AND GUN IN THE OTHER HANDS TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE LIKE YOU...
You know nothing. Christianity brought education and modern civilization to the world. Yiu should be thankful
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
You certainly have the right to exercise your free will.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Blyzz:
Okay Sir. So I can serve God almighty in my closet without going to church, right? As long as I do what is right and help the poor in my best way. Will that make sense or is it possible?

Doing good and all that is wonderful ! Infact you are naturally blessed on that !

But to Make Eternal Life, you Have to Accept JESUS CHRIST.

You need to acknowledge you are a Sinner and confess your sins to JESUS Christ

Then you Ask JESUS to Come into your life..

If you mean it and you make that prayer, Automatically you are a Child of GOD.your Name is Written in the Book of life.

You need to ensure that you don't get involved with worldliness, Wickedness, sin of any kind!

You have the Holy Bible (kings James Version) to guide you.

Also do not fail to ask GOD for forgiveness if you fall into sin.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by edoairways: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

That is not true. Religion has shaped many persons, either positively or negatively. You are given choice to choose which to follow. You compare South Africa to Nigeria in terms of industrial development without figuring it out that those aforementioned companies are owned by the whites. The whites controls SA so what do you expect. Nigerian's problem is greed not necessary religion.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Emperor4tune(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
u have a perfect insight but please dont forget we are in africa where the spiritual maters more due to our cultural system & God must be involve if u truely hope for a good success in life
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

LORD JESUS, Have Mercy on this bro! He does not know what he is doing!
Confused soul!
Do you think you know what you're doing?

A mam that was convicted of the crime of blasphemy and sedition WHO COULD NOT SAVE HIMSELF FROM CRUCIFIXION ... He felt forsaken by God (father father, why have thou forsake me...)

Can someone who could not save himself save you?

Use your brain!

Stop fooling yourself!

You stink!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Pickieox(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

I don't get u bro!

We need to a have a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Christianity is not a Religion as people say!
Being a Christian is having a Relationship with JESUS. In a lay man's word it is Having JESUS in you.

A Sinner man /woman does not have JESUS irrespective of Whatever you claim you are.

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is Not a Christian..

Having a Relationship with JESUS is the key!

You do that By Acknowledging you are a Sinner
You Confess your sins to JESUS
You Ask JESUS to come into you. See the Prayer of Salvation on our Signature.

If you do that and you mean it, you are automatically saved! You are born again!

You need to begin a solid Foundation with JESUS.

You have The Holy Bible to guide you
You could also get a Bible Believing Church were you will be taught to know more about JESUS.

Don't fail to repent whenever you go astray!

Fvck it, & svck it. christinsanity is a religion...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Goldenfinger: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
atheistandproud:

Welcome to the family bro.
.b decieving urself which family,knowing GOD personally and religion are 2 different tinz.op not going 2 church does not stop from praying 2 our heavenly father.....read your bible and you will see the importance of church,bt many churches has become something else;all bcus of money,fame n power.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kelamma:
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. None is righteous before God. So no christian is without sin biko. It is simple. We are mere mortals and we sin even without knowing it. God's ways are not our ways.
You confuse yourself more and more!

What Makes you a Christian ?

You think being born by a pastor makes u a Christian?

Or being born by born-again parents makes u a Christian?

That's false!

You are not a Christian until you confess your sins and Accept JESUS. That is what makes you a Christian.

Stop Confusing yourself
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
d funny thing about this thread b say both christains and atheists dey agree with d guy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by RubiesBanking: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Op is actually correctly, as postulated by Karl Marx, Religion is the opium of the masses, a sign that all is not well with society.
Religion arises due to suffering,injustice and inequality in the society, If we can deal with this problem as a nation religion will loose its grip.
Religion is just used to maintain human suffering, it makes us blind to the fact that God can solve all our problems.
Human beings need to rise up for themselves and solve this problem without necessarily depending on God to solve all our personal and societal problems.
This what actually the middle age or mideval suffered due to religion and it's still not helping as a whole in this country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Still celibate?
You these Nairaland guys will not kill me with laugh cheesy. Now you monitoring me. Yes I'm still celibate and will be till I marry.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by ruffyjolly(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
on point bro. your personal relationship with God matters
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Almunjid:

The same white men that brainwashed Africans to believe in religion also brainwashed u to become an atheist. Atheists lack sense.
If u had left Abrahamic religion for African traditional religion that would have justify ur claim. Atheism originated from the same white men dick heads. U knew about atheism after reading their books.

Don't bother to quote me, because I don't believe in ur existence. I don't reply blank quotes from unreasonable unexisting animals.

you are very quick to judge,who said im an atheist, if i am will i talk about my ancestors, and if you quote me,i guess its fair enough to quote you back. However i am not asking you to dump what you are doing just take few minutes to think about how religion as help Nigeria with the other countries that are not religion extremist and be your own judge.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Faithful4real(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
bigname23:
d funny thing about this thread b say both christains and atheists dey agree with d guy...

Even you notice am. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HappyPagan: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kendyrich:

Until you receive Jesus Christ, you won't understand what he said. Religion and and Jesus Christ are not the same thing.
Like Jesus is something special grin

I have better things I have received and will receive... What is Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:

You know nothing. Christianity brought education and modern civilization to the world. Yiu should be thankful

And also brought brainwash, racism, and hate.
THEY TELL YOU THAT EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS VANITY... YET, THAT SAME VANITY MADE THEM TO CROSS MANY SEAS JUST TO STEAL THE VANITY FROM YOUR LAND.
How can a ship bring in slavers and missionaries at the same time?
Do you have brains at all?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HappyPagan: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Joycekkh:
Shut up my friend
I love you.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by blessedchild234(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
I dont think religion is the problem, I think the whole problem of Africa is more mental than spiritual- greed.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

Confused soul!
Do you think you know what you're doing?

A mam that was convicted of the crime of blasphemy and sedition WHO COULD NOT SAVE HIMSELF FROM CRUCIFIXION ... He felt forsaken by God (father father, why have thou forsake me...)

Can someone who could not save himself save you?

Use your brain!

Stop fooling yourself!

You stink!!!!!!!

LORD JESUS! Forgive My Brother!

He is a Material for you. Save His Soul in JESUS Name..
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by grailife(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Atheist Gives $22.5-Million for Catholic Education
Robert W. Wilson, a retired hedge-fund manager, has given $22.5-million for need-based scholarships to New York Catholic schools, even though he’s an atheist, reports Bloomberg News.

“Let’s face it, without the Roman Catholic Church, there would be no Western civilization,” Mr. Wilson says. “Shunning religious organizations would be abhorrent. Keep in mind, I’m helping to pay tuition. The money isn’t going directly to the schools.”

His gift will be used to pay some or all of needy children’s tuition to attend one of New York’s Catholic schools.

In 2006, Mr. Wilson told the Associated Press that he plans to give away most of his fortune before he dies. That year, he gave $147.2-million to charities, and ranked 12th on The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s annual list of the most-generous donors.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

LORD JESUS, Have Mercy on this bro! He does not know what he is doing!
May the almighty God heal your degenerating brain before you lose it completely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.