Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61536 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by KennedicalEnergy(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Leave religion and do not leave Jesus Christ. He is the only way, the truth and life.
Bible remains the only perfect book. I invite you to join me in my daily Bible reading, you won't regret if you do.

There is life after death. Those that rejected the salvation of Our Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell. Believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by sonmvayina(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
rosy1992:
Being religious and fanatic is contrast to being a devoted believer. I'm not religious but I strongly believe in Jesus Christ.
Why? Because he is a white Jewish man.. If the Jesus story came from Ghana, would you believe in him.. Suppose he was called Kofi Awonor... Would you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Bamiz: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

Confused soul!
Do you think you know what you're doing?

A mam that was convicted of the crime of blasphemy and sedition WHO COULD NOT SAVE HIMSELF FROM CRUCIFIXION ... He felt forsaken by God (father father, why have thou forsake me...)

Can someone who could not save himself save you?

Use your brain!

Stop fooling yourself!

You stink!!!!!!!
You, hmm. I just pity you sha. Just know that what you typed there ain't coming from your mind. It's from a demon inside you. Demons have blinded your eyes from seeing the light and it will be very bad if you do not repent before you die. If only you know the present condition of those that did as you are doing now doing is, you would run very fast to accept Jesus. Be wise!!!

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Pickieox(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bamiz:
When you die without repenting, you go no wetin sup for hellfire. Better repent now and serve Jesus Christ.

E no go better for jesus christ, e no go better for the Romans and the west especially great britain for introducing christinsanity to you...there is nothing like hell or heaven, it's just ur figment of your imagination...

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

May the almighty God heal your degenerating brain before you lose it completely.

Hallelujah! He is gradually being healed! Praise GOD!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Almunjid:

The same white men that brainwashed Africans to believe in religion also brainwashed u to become an atheist. Atheists lack sense.
If u had left Abrahamic religion for African traditional religion that would have justify ur claim. Atheism originated from the same white men dick heads. U knew about atheism after reading their books.

Don't bother to quote me, because I don't believe in ur existence. I don't reply blank quotes from unreasonable unexisting animals.

moreover whatsoever tag or label you put on me wont change who i am, but try to be polite especially when we all come from a country that doesn't practice communism. I have promised myself not to respond to insult with insult again because at the end of the day,it will divide africa than unite it.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by joepepsy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
One is free millions to go.
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Not everyone subscribes to fear and threats

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Masking: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
pocohantas:

How do you know?

Even the bible asked, “shall we continue in sin, so that grace may abound?”

So when you keep doing same thing, fornicating, lying, stealing, basically being a slave to sin- all to start praying for forgiveness and imaginary enemies...

Ain’t you being a nuisance? grin grin

You quoted Romans 6:1. If you continue to vs 2, d answer is, certainly not!

If you really want to appreciate d relationship between God and his servants, compare it with that of a loving father and his children.

Christianity is not about deliberately sinning and asking for forgiveness. On the contrary, it is intentional. It requires making conscious effort to do only those things that please God, just like a grateful child would a loving parent.

Many people dont know, but having a relationship with God is the best thing that can happen to anybody, the best defence

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

LORD JESUS! Forgive My Brother!

He is a Material for you. Save His Soul in JESUS Name..
Almighty God
Please help save this lost soul before he perishes completely
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Faithful4real(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

LORD JESUS! Forgive My Brother!

He is a Material for you. Save His Soul in JESUS Name..

Guy you dey try oooh.
See the way you dey quote all of them.
Bro you have made your point just pray that God will touch their stony heart.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by solreb: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

I think you are missing the point. I know Christianity teaches all the sound principles upon which any nation or someone will thrive and be successful in all its ramifications. Anyone that practices Christianity the way the Bible teaches will achieve all that you outline above. It is the manipulation by people practicing it that is evident. For example, the Bible says Righteousness exalts a nation and sin is a reproach to any nation. The countries that thrive today upholds a semblance of "righteousness" in that there is a system in place to checkmate indiscipline, corruption, etc. In the light of this, I am of the view that if you are well grounded as a Christian then abandoning it is a loss to you. I can only pray that you see the light.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by grailife(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

Atheist Gives $22.5-Million for Catholic Education
Robert W. Wilson, a retired hedge-fund manager, has given $22.5-million for need-based scholarships to New York Catholic schools, even though he’s an atheist, reports Bloomberg News.

“Let’s face it, without the Roman Catholic Church, there would be no Western civilization,” Mr. Wilson says. “Shunning religious organizations would be abhorrent. Keep in mind, I’m helping to pay tuition. The money isn’t going directly to the schools.”

His gift will be used to pay some or all of needy children’s tuition to attend one of New York’s Catholic schools.

In 2006, Mr. Wilson told the Associated Press that he plans to give away most of his fortune before he dies. That year, he gave $147.2-million to charities, and ranked 12th on The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s annual list of the most-generous donors.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by wizod(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
mumumugu:

are you rejecting God too or just religion
exactly what i intended to ask before coming across ur comment
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Ishilove: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!
Hehehehe. You are annoying the devil. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by ozoemenaca: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jesus the way, the truth and the life, leave religion and embrace him and it shall be well with your soul.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bamiz:
You, hmm. I just pity you sha. Just know that what you typed there ain't coming from your mind. It's from a demon inside you. Demons have blinded your eyes from seeing the light and it will be very bad if you do not repent before you die. If only you know the present condition of those that did as you are doing now doing is, you would run very fast to accept Jesus. Be wise!!!
You should pity your degenerating brain more.

Even Jesus will be ashamed of you people

The level of stupidity is astonishing

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by manlawal(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

welcome to our group called non affiliated believers.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by annyz: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

That's the result of the Wolves in sheep clothes (Acclaimed Men of God).
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Missyajoke(f): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
AmiciLord:
Rubbish

How is it rubbish ohh
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

And also brought brainwash, racism, and hate.
THEY TELL YOU THAT EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS VANITY... YET, THAT SAME VANITY MADE THEM TO CROSS MANY SEAS JUST TO STEAL THE VANITY FROM YOUR LAND.
How can a ship bring in slavers and missionaries at the same time?
Do you have brains at all?
All those vices you're stating aren't part of the principles of religion. No where in d bible or Quran was it supported. D bible speaks against all the bad attitudes u stated there. What you see today are actions of individuals in which d bible frowns at . Have you ever read d bible atal, to see what's written there. Don't be in illusion. Leave religion out of your problems in life
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Missyajoke(f): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
reubenobi:
can you check your mail, please!

Okay
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Empiree: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal

It is as clear as daylight that christianity played huge role in calamities that befall Nigeria. It is glaring everyday.

It's all started in the 70s when Christians refused interest free loan from OIC - Organization of Islamic Conference and opted for IMF interest based loan which is still being paid till date. All because of hatred and jealousy for Islam, they got Nigeria in this mad mess.

They did this all because they wanted to make Nigeria a Christian country. I am so glad reading this piece. They have nothing to offer but to export rubbish. To make matter worse, Obasanjo built Abuja national church at the expense of Nigeria GDP that cost billions of naira. But Abuja Central mosque was built by donated money.

Your father paid IMF debt. You are paying it and your children and grandchildren will continue to pay it directly or indirectly. This is why Nigeria will never be great again

Welcome to neoslavery.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by AFONAMARO: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

Religion is our biggest problem in Nigeria. Here (Nigeria), we confuse Christianity for Religion.

In a bid to prove how religious we are, we end up chasing dogma and carrying it on our head like gala.

Eliminate religion in Nigeria, our problem becomes non-existent

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Judybash93(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Finally, another brother has seen the light... Welcome to the hood bro

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ishilove:

Hehehehe. You are annoying the devil. cheesy
My Sister It's the Truth that sets Free.. Nothing More..

All Glory to GOD ALMIGHTY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Kelamma(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Righteousness89 post=90840680]
You confuse yourself more and more!

What Makes you a Christian ?

You think being born by a pastor makes u a Christian?

Or being born by born-again parents makes u a Christian?

That's false!

You are not a Christian until you confess your sins and Accept JESUS. That is what makes you a Christian.

Stop Confusing yourself
No bro. You are the confused one here. We aspire to be pure but we ain't pure because we are HUMANS and we have our flaws and hubris that work against our purity. My problem with you is saying that a Christian does not sin. You are parading yourself as all holy like the Pharisees and sadducees. Pipe down bro. You can't be more christian than Peter who later denied christ during his tribulations.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by pocohantas(f): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Masking:

You quoted Romans 6:1. If you continue to vs 2, d answer is, certainly not!

If you really want to appreciate d relationship between God and his servants, compare it with that of a loving father and his children.

Christianity is not about deliberately sinning and asking for forgiveness. On the contrary, it is intentional. It requires making conscious effort to do only those things that please God, just like a grateful child would a loving parent.

Many people dont know, but having a relationship with God is the best thing that can happen to anybody, the best defence

You didn’t answer my question. I am not interested in your sermon or whatever relationship you people have.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by rosy1992(f): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

Why? Because he is a white Jewish man.. If the Jesus story came from Ghana, would you believe in him.. Suppose he was called Kofi Awonor... Would you?

Yes.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by drLammy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Welcome Bro

You are finally out of the illusion... Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Kyukastan: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

My brother, the problem is that people have misunderstood what was offered at the entry point (when they accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord) was not a religion but a LIFE.

Time is the test of all religions. As this world ends, religion ends also, but the LIFE will not cease.

The Lord continue to strengthen us in him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Originalsly: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense.

Let's be clear.... religion is about following rules set out by it's leaders/founders... like those of a government... spirituality is out of the picture. Being part of a religion is like being in a cult.

Do you really want Nigeria to be the industrial hub? Did you consider the environmental impact?... the pollution?... and how it will affect the health of the population?.... and the sufferings and deaths because of industrial pollution? Didn't these register on your new and improved moral compass?

Religion or no religion..... nothing can be achieved without common sense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.