Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (56195 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by tigger56: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2020
Nigerians we need to be honest with ourselves. Africa is leaving us behind. Have you seen what Luanda is building or Nairobi or Addis Ababa of today. Our cities are a joke, noisy, disorganized, dirty, rotten and decaying from Lagos to Abuja to Carlsbad to Enugu to Kano Ibadan and ilorin. Nigeria is a shithole!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2020
SpicyMimi:

My major problem with Nigeria is that pulling of generator rope everyday! Like why is it so difficult for Nigeria to have constant electricity...or is it impossible in Africa? Someone pls explain to me as this almost got me crying thinking about it.

Just fix electricity, Road and water, Nigeria go bloom. Companies are businesses will spring up at almost every state, I know like three companies who had to shut down business due to lack of electricity. As things don high and had to run gen 24 hours everyday except Sundays.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by DModeCntStopMe: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

[s]You're as your moniker suggests...junk!

We know people like you... Ipob [/s]

People cannot innocently air their opinions without being tagged IPOB?

Are you suffering from some sort of complex problem or you are just acting insane?

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by MPESA(m): 9:26am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Shut up!
Have you been there before?
The same Johannesburg slum I watch on aljezeera or what?

Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.

That guy is Right, forget about Your Aljezeera programs you watched sincerely you can NEVER compare JOHANNESBURG with LAGOS.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2020
MPESA:

That guy is Right, forget about Your Aljezeera programs you watched sincerely you can NEVER compare JOHANNESBURG with LAGOS.
Liar
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 9:31am On Jun 22, 2020
To be sincere Lagos needs to be replanned and reorganized these are the two things lacking. The governments trying but they can make this happen.

The truth of the matter is we can not compare JBurg to Lagos it should be compared to Abuja everything seems to work to some large extent at the capital

Is it possible to replan Lagos and instill sanity just like Fashola did.

But what I won't accept is mockery from SA e dey pain me they scored a very cheap point.

Reorganization and replanning of Lagos should start from main Land they should stop neglecting mainland it is the gateway to Lagos. Sanwo Olu start something abeg

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by MPESA(m): 9:32am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Liar

Alright but one question for you before we know who is lying now..... HAVE YOU BEEN THERE?.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Audaite: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2020
This is one of the fools that would start shouting fowl when this Mr. Bones People start doing them strong thing...Better start preping your bags to come back as shits is about to become real for you guys over there!!!!! my friend shatttaaaap there. I am in johannesburg as i type this and i say your so called lekki, VI or ikoyi cannot even compare to soweto or some rundown areas in joburg. I am nigerian and south africa is 1million times better than nigeria.[/quote]
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Omoslim26: 9:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:
@TMKsouth

I know you're South African and I have bashed you on a thread before, but on this, I won't even deny that Lagos is a very dirty city. Yes, we need to start fighting for our society to be better... Just remember that regardless of this, if your people still try to kill Nigerians in the name of Xenophobia, it wouldn't end well for you guys. Nigerians in SA will defend themselves, legal or illegal migrants.

Peace.

oga every place get him own even Johannesburg has more slums than Lagos
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ernieboy(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Shut up!
Have you been there before?
The same Johannesburg slum I watch on aljezeera or what?

Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.
South Africa is not better than Nigeria in any way, u mean that or you are deluding yourself

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Babaken(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

And na the bastard politicians dey make life terrible for youths wey wan stay Naija. Is it easy to be pulling generator rope everyday just to have electricity for a few hours in this modern age?

The truth we are hiding from will be told by foreigners. An ordinary Ghanaian man had the guts to demolish our High Commission's building, it shows they don't respect even our government, talk less the citizens.
let the truth to told PDP might not be saints but during their time Nigeria �� and Nigerians has more respect than this APC party their never care about the image of Nigeria �� or Nigerians in diaspora.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Realtouchnot: 9:37am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Who cares about what you like or not?
I'm not disputing that Lagos is not unorganised. All I'm saying is, south Africa is no better than Nigeria in any way.
When you want to compare Nigeria with an African country next time, try Egypt or Morocco or Tunisia... And not a savage country like south Africa.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro, almost every African country is better than Nigeria. I don't know why we're so delusional. Compare all the indicators of development between Nigeria and other African countries. Indicis you can base your comparison are
1. Average power supply
2. Road network and transportation
3. Maternal mortality
4. Infant mortality
5. Inflation and stability of currency
6. Unemployment rate and underemployment
7. GDP and GNP
8. Health Insurance
9. Global peace index and insecurity
10. Healthy life expectancy
11. Percentage population below poverty line
12. School enrollment and Literacy level
13. Gender inequality
14. Corruption index.

Compare Nigeria to any other African country using the above index (Google can do a good job) and see if Nigeria is not the worst place on earth.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by ernieboy(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Of course. If SA was ugly my people wouldn't be going there for tourism and education...

But we're not doing bad economically. At least our population helps in that regard. Abuja is also a very beautiful place. Places like Accra and Jo'Burg and co could never compete with our ABJ! cool
what is the purpose of the economy if it does not reflect on the environment, infrastructure and life of the people.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Parablesonmarble: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

In terms of organisation, Lagos is not a model city. Talk about transportation, environment and general infrastructure. I haven't been to Jo Burg, but my mom has... I've been to bigger cities in Europe as I studied in Germany. I have also been to a few African countries as well. While we are not competing, you need to understand that organisation is what makes a city called a city. I lived all my life in Lagos, and I can tell you Lagos is very dirty, if not for trade and commerce, it would be a very bad idea to live here.

PS: Next time be polite... I don't want to insult anyone as I love to debate intelligently. Please let's respect each other.

You cannot respond to every dog that barks on the street. You do not have to explain where you've been or not to anyone online just cos they don't agree with you. If your opinion is that Jo'burg is better than Lag, you're entitled to it. By that impolite response, you should know you do not need to bandy words with such person or honour him with a response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Mariangeles(f): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

What?
Yeah.
Overpopulated slum!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by leisuretym: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:
Johannesburg is not Lagos' mate. Even as a Naija guy, I know this. Let's not lie abeg. We can't allow the idiots in politics ruin our country and we start fighting online. If they post places in Gauteng/Jo'burg, Lagos can't compare o...
Even Lekki is nonsense to some people abroad ooo.
. go to Lekki and see flood everywhere, common proper drainage government can not do, go to jakande makert and see women selling inside flood potopoto as I speak. tueh!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Siberia01(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2020
lol its funny
how people compare gauteng to lagos

the same lagos with smoky over crowded 60's buses

what has tall building got to do with the development of a city

we all know nigeria lacks tech in infrastructures

almost all drainages are open , no big underground drainages,, even if there is
Nigerians will still find a way to dump refuse there!!!

no electricity
no security cameras

lagos is sweet on pictures
not in reality;!!

lastly all Nigerian cities are shithole

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:
That looks like KUMASI in Ghana.

Don't believe everything you see online.

Posted by CHUKWUEBUKA.... Ipob...
We know the motives.

Don't mind them. Thank God he used his name. Some of them used Yoruba names to obtain International Passport, I have seen some of them using Passport with Yoruba names to apply for UK visa in Abuja.

On social media also, they use Yoruba names.Lagos has this type of problem because of them. Any legislation against waste disposal, they will complain. The population in Lagos caused this problem.Look at Aba with small population and see how dirty some areas have become.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Angelfrost(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

There's absolutely no need for us to do that because Nigerians are already killing each other.

Well, this is not a lie... I could argue, but what has been happening in the North alone will simply paint me a liar and hypocrite!!!

Honestly, Nigerians should lay off trolling any country for the foreseeable future... We and our leaders have finally succeeded in dancing n@ked in public!!!... Pity!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by DAVE5(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
wiseone28:
Nigeria is not ready to develop.

Which city in the world you will keep seeing overhead water tank in every building?

Common public water our government can't provide.

States governors keep building inferior roads.

If person like Akpabio can be a governor of a state for like 20yrs, i bet that state will be competing with South African cities.

Though he stole money but he loves good thing.

The roads he built in Akwa ibom will take like 20yrs before needing any patchwork.

I used to think it's we the commuters that spoil out roads until I saw a pothole on a road that was built barely 6 months ago

The road used to be messed up, all of a sudden it was good overnight, my mind told me they've done their mago mago repair, just yesterday, the pothole is big enough to fit a full sized dog

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

What?
if this is Soweto Lekki in Lagos is not Soweto's mate at all even cross river and Jos that are even slower than Lagos in development beats Soweta hands down. Don't compare.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Omoslim26: 9:44am On Jun 22, 2020
jneutron4000:
If at all any region in Nigeria ought to be more developed and well planned, it meant to be the Ibo region most part of that region was destroyed in a civil war not more than 50 yrs ago, so the oldest structure or building in Ibo land should be abt 40-50 yrs old but you see Ibadan, Abeokuta etc are ancient cities which were built even when South Africans were still second class citizens in their space so keep quiet and respect ancient Yoruba civilazation. When we are ready to rebuild those cities, we would still preserve some ancient buildings.

I wish I could give you a hundred likes

the kind of people forming Nigerians that Seun has on his forum are bunch of useless people that idoit you quoted wanted to turn the thread to yoruba vs igbo

gone are the days wen nairaland had intelligent people all this noise making neighbor would think twice before throwing jabs at us

but correct this impression

there are many many ancient buildings in igbo land
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by jneutron4000: 9:44am On Jun 22, 2020
Grgton:
what about other cities in Nigeria, are they better than SA cities? Forget all this you're saying, we have failed to build our cities.. From infrastructure, to Tourism, urban planning, Electricity.

Even the 20m Lagos population was a mere estimation. The system has failed period!!

System failure, why wont it fail when we are practicing unitary system in a multi ethnic society. There is little to what Lagos state government can do when the major taxes generated in the state is going to Abuja. I made mention about regional government in my previous comments, that was when we had a working system whereby people control their space, resources and their destiny.
How can we be practicing Unitary system in a multi National country like Nigeria and we are expecting proper organisation and development? Nigeria Federal government what to be in charge of everything in every regions. System failure then why cant we fix it by going back to Regional system of goverment or break the country, Even SA is not practising the nonsense system we are practicing in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Coldie(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:
That looks like KUMASI in Ghana.

Don't believe everything you see online.

Posted by CHUKWUEBUKA.... Ipob...
We know the motives.
Mumu its real South Africans actually hate Nigerians. Just because u are a village boy try and get sense

There's no day Nigerians and south Africans ain't clashing on twitter over things like this

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Eko1999(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2020
Hi fams and colleagues,
I hope all is well!
As many of you know, things are not on the right tract at this moment I have recently decided to look for a job and am reaching out to you to ask for your help with any leads or contacts.
I am looking for a job in Kwara state (ilorin)
If you know of any job opportunities or leads that you might be able to share with me, please send them my way.
Thanks in advance for your help! I hope you all are doing well
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2020
Coldie:

Mumu its real South Africans actually hate Nigerians. Just because u are a village boy try and get sense

There's no day Nigerians and south Africans ain't clashing on twitter over things like this
Orí e ti daru
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by DModeCntStopMe: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2020
proeast:

Look at this one. Do you want to expose yourself or what?

I was looking at that Soweto pictures, i.e. a ghetto by SA standards and I was appalled on realizing that it's more beautiful than Ibadan, Abeokuta and other relics in the SW grin grin

Please respect yourself and don't allow them to know about your "heritage" cry cry

Trash but truth grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Coldie(m): 9:47am On Jun 22, 2020
Grgton:
what about other cities in Nigeria, are they better than SA cities? Forget all this you're saying, we have failed to build our cities.. From infrastructure, to Tourism, urban planning, Electricity.

Even the 20m Lagos population was a mere estimation. The system has failed period!!

I will say it anywhere Lagos state population is not up to 20million. Not even up to 10million.

The next census will surprise us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Coldie(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Orí e ti daru
Ori e ti daru ur ugly face

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by aristocrazzy: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Cool man, I'm not fighting either. But your last statement is a bit naive, not that I support violence.
telling Nigerians to leave SA without telling SA to leave Naija. Dstv, Mtn, infact the entire multichoice, shop rite and other SA companies in naija should leave too. these companies are gaining more from naija.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by itoba4real(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2020
pls lets stop comparing lagos to jo' borg. jo'borg was built by the white for the whites.if you remove the white man from sa then you wil u not need to compare.the black man mentality is what is killing us in africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Young Lovers Die In A Motor Accident (Graphic Pictures) / South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India / Prince Charles Drives Classic 49 Year Old Aston Martin That Runs On White Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.