Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? (23332 Views)

My Marlians Cult Daughter Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out / Boy Who Dressed Like Female Student To Canvass For Votes Wins SUG Election / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by MedicH: 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
First have money, not much, just little

Second, sabi book well well

Third, have your way with women.

These three were my selling points for 8 years as an undergraduate.

I helped a babe solve her maths homework one night then along the line I just kinda lamented, I go like eat rice in the morning before I leave oo but the food vendor won't be out then.

The next day this babe knocked on my door at 7 am and in her hands were a plate of white rice, banga and two meats. I ushered her in
I was already dressed up in Marks and Spencer tailored black suit. I have a presentation on tuberculosis.

She was tying just a wrapper. I looked at my watch, a low budget Rolex but time couldn't afford me the luxury to eat two meals. I just ate the rice, thanked her and moved.

4 Likes

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by toprealman: 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Not important at all, look for cheap bukka and do your thing. Back in the days, who get time for cooking?
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by colyx1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
If u stay off campus..... it's better ooo. Fine one better girl for ur hostel make she dey cook for u. That's what I did back den in Delsu abraka, one yoruba girl was always cooking for me. Sometimes she cook her own food and serve mine to my room, ah bosede try for me dat year sha. Final year na so I change hostel another beautiful sapele girl come resume the same process for me. I waste money for dat skul sha grin

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by baresi(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hey, you got three options:
1. Go to youtube and learn how cook fast meals ( Beans, oatmeal,pap, etct) , even make soup like Egusi soup.

2. Spend alot of money going the canteen in your school

3. pay someone to cook for you and you store food in a small fridge..

well, i guess option one saves you more money and you will be proud of yourself in the near future.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by OBku4(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Op, U know say dis na poverty question ba?
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Isokoboy(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
My mum always bring food to the university for me...my work is to warm the food...my aunt's also provide me wid too...food was neva my problem....after graduation.....was wen i understood life
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Iceberg3: 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
thank you bros

I sorry for you... grin
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by abdullkabar(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lolz, all this "don't know how to cook" questions undecided undecided
Google isn't far away (nobody was born a chef)

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Reference(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
What sort of question is this. Employ a chef. Folks are just too dull. Gather your folks together, contribute a token each and you have enough to employ one. The problem Nigerians have is this terrible problem of lack of cooperation and solidarity that affects every aspect of life here. There is too much suspicion and division caused by selfishness, greed and corruption.

Go to rich nations and poorer ones in the far east. They live well by cooperation, crowd sourcing, crowd funding. A Nigerian will buy retail by the penny when he can buy wholesale with his peers, even his competition. When my mum was in college in Wales all those years ago that is what they did and lived well. Food, laundry, transport, house keeping, basically all the non academic expenditure was crowd funded so that they could focus on the primary purpose, their studies.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Kingkun69(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
How can u be a person male or female and not know how to cook that means u useless die even google How to boil water it dey dere
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Carparts888(m): 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
[quote author=Heartlessbanker post=90924725]Your suggestions/advice are welcome[/qMAMA PUTuote]
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by MetaPhysical: 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
Your suggestions/advice are welcome

Thats no problem...make money, get one of the girls to be your cook, you reward her with pay. Some girls will prefer dick to money sha.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by idu1(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
If this pandemic lockdown no teach you lessons and survival skills. You no go ever learn again.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by crazysam001: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Multiple gehfrens that can cook. Thats how some of us did it 20 years ago
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Sterope(f): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
As in smiley
pocohantas:

...So much that he can’t make them or outsource till a wife comes along. cheesy
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Queenserah26(f): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
Best response
chatinent:
Let him cook what he knows, and eat what he cooks.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
During my school days, I don't know.how to cook so. what I did was to.work.out model on how I will turn my raw foodstuffs to cash and sell it. I will then add the.money to my pocket.money....then from. the total money I will know how much I should be spending on eating in the cafeteria on a daily basis.
And it was fun for me then, the burden of.going to the market to buy things to cook wasn't on me. More importantly, I have more time to face my study instead of the time spent on cooking and washing of plate.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by StreetPreacher: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
learn to cook. this break is long enough
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Judolisco(m): 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Food is very essential bro learn how to cook... Or u will jst be wasting money to buy food... Ask ur mum for help... Cooking isn't that difficult
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by ojraph(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
Bruh get your ass on YouTube and browse for meals to cook , it's how I learnt how to cook jellof rice lmao
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by madjune(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
As much as it sounds innocuous not knowing how to cook etc
It can equally be dangerous. Infact, it is.

First, you will gradually get to depend on the school's cafeteria for meals, which would mostly ease your hunger but in the long run, have their toll on your health.

Most school cafe food are not well cooked.
Their cholesterol content could impact a man's sexual health.

2. You could have lots of girls, whom you could go to for food or have them cook for you but then, there could be fallouts which you may not be prepared for.
When a girl starts to cook for you, most would start having expectations.
Unless you equally share same, then it's all good.

You run the risk of eating her magic love potion too.

Are you ready for all these?
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by foolbuster: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

I am in a good position to give an answer since i did not know how to cook during my university days.

What i can tell you is this; just be ready to spend loads of money or starve constantly, period. But it all depends on your personality, what i mean is if for instance you are a very social, outgoing extrovert that easily make friends and have lots of them, it'll reduce the burden a bit since you'll most times be getting free food. But unless your friends know you are not poor just that you can't cook you might lose some self respect.

But whether you have money or not, its a stressful experience sometimes because its not everytime you'll feel like leaving your house to go find food. Sundays are the worst because you'll hardly see any restaurant open on time.

I was lucky sha aa because during my time, i was hardly ever broke and my circle of friends weren't either. So here are a few tips from someone with experience.

1) Try to be friends with 2 restaurant sales person. Be loyal and always try to eat at those places anytime you can, try not to owe. You'll be able to eat on credit from time to time or even free.

2) you no sabi cook no mean say you no fit cook indomie. Or boil yam(it goes well with palm oil. Ahhh sweet memory those days grin.)
Learning how to make stew is very easy. Also always stock up on provisions.

3) Try and have pots and a cooker just in case a friend decides to cook for you.

4) make good friends, they must not be necessarily females but females will feed you fat.

Thats all i can remember off the top of my head.
Finally get off your ass and go learn how to cook, it is a survival skill. I learnt that the hard way when i was posted to the middle of nowhere for my NYSC, hunger almost killed me not because of money but there was simply no restaurants around, and even if there were i could never eat their meals.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by jamerflepz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
It wasn't easy for me but I was lucky. I lived with 5 other neighbours (all girls). When they cook a new delicacy, I was always on their mind. Those girls help my life sha.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Gofwane(m): 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jackossky:
Hmmm. My brother...

You would have to get comfortable with eating spaghetti, indomie, bread, tea, garri(doesn't even need cooking)

However, if you are rich enough, you can negotiate with a particular restaurant and get to eat your three square meal there. I have a friend who does that.
That’s my format grin I pay Iya Aisha 18k monthly.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Yankee101: 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
You better learn

Or be rich and be ready to eat nonsense, cold food, stones, food poisoning etc
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Grateful02(m): 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mehn this is real me.each time I will talk to my roommate about wanting to cook on phone and he'll tell me to cook the quantity I can eat. I won't say if I can cook or not but I just rest my case here.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by MetaPhysical: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Judolisco:
Food is very essential bro learn how to cook... Or u will jst be wasting money to buy food... Ask ur mum for help... Cooking isn't that difficult

Ask mum ke? In university? Awon girls o si university ni? Na male only university? Na Saudi Arabia hin dey?

Ahh, kidnap one of the girls to become your cook. cheesy
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Originalsly: 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

Going to university or not..... while you're out ...now is the time to learn to cook. Put pride and tradition aside and ask those who cook whatever dish best to teach you how to prepare them. To get them to do so willingly.... offer to buy all that is needed.... it will be a win win for both of you. When taught one dish... practice preparing the same the next three days until you are ok with it. By the time you get admitted.... preparing your own meals wouldn't be a problem... but your cooking skills can be a great source of income. After university... your cooking skills alone can shove you up the ladder to husband material levels! Learn to cook..... it will never ever be time wasted.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Torie8(f): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
somtoto:
Just have numerous girlfriends and you will b fine
He won't be fine angry grin

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Mindlesskid: 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

You learn na... Start with noodles, beans, rice and progress to soup.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by kezy58: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
BABANGBALI:
Na food you go study there?

So because he didn't go to study how to cook he should na die of hunger n not learn how to cook abi?
you're just as confused as your name..
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Judolisco(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ask mum ke? In university? Awon girls o si university ni? Na male only university? Na Saudi Arabia hin dey?

Ahh, kidnap one of the girls to become your cook. cheesy
my mum gave me tips back then... Asking girls to cook for you is jst another distraction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC / AKSU Student Suspended Indefinitely For Calling Her V.C “foolish” / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.