Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,152 members, 7,957,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? (23691 Views)

My Marlians Cult Daughter Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out / Boy Who Dressed Like Female Student To Canvass For Votes Wins SUG Election / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by slaypapa: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
People that know how to cook no get two head.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
pocohantas:

How have you been preparing your stew?

After boiling the tomatoes, I add d oil, water and ingredients simultaneously.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Na wetin pass cook e go church, actually I didnt. Know how to boil water self but I survived, girls many na, dem go help u cook for the hostel just ask any of dem nicely
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by pocohantas(f): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
CsRockefeller:

After boiling the tomatoes, I add d oil, water and ingredients simultaneously.

Wow!!!! grin

ibkayee:

Oh Lawd grin

The effrontery, sis. grin

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by mikemiyaki: 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
grin
chatinent:
Let him cook what he knows, and eat what he cooks.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
pocohantas:

Wow!!!! grin

Lol. I've suffered grin
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by kenesh(f): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
Internet has made life easier. You can cook anything by following step by step instructions . Any mistake made should be corrected in the next cooking practical . I Made a lot of snacks and pastries in this lockdown. My children adviced I opened a bakery. They said they never knew I could bake so much and so good. The boredom made me practice so much I didn't have time to before. The internet has info on everything, I assure you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Google, YouTube , friends...
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by pocohantas(f): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol. I've suffered grin

Because you want to suffer na... cheesy
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Pweetyccee(f): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nor worry last last you go learn
After you don tire to dey buy buy
And i waka well don begin fail you
Having many female friends to do it for you go still fail you

Even me as a real niggarrr learn how to cook as a student for Uniben that year
But at first it was not funny unto say for house i nor dey do any domestic chores not to talk of Cooking. Na my female siblings dey run am as the only real niggarrr with five female siblings
Na when i enter school my eye clear..... some times i go beg them make them come help me cook ogbono. At other times i go just run go house go carry already made food come begin dey warm for school...still all those method fail me. I was left with no choice than to learn
Eya
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
I'm a guy, I cook any type of food, OGA feggie can give testimony on that

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Mutaultope(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
Be a friend to a lady ( student) that knows how to cook , give her the money and food stuffs

You will eat well

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by TheManOfTheYear: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Ha!!!
If you don't know how to cook and you're broke on top grin
Na only God go save you.
That's how one of my coursemate was calling me on the phone to ask me how to cook jollof spaghetti.

Pls if you don't know how to cook and you're going to uni and you're not rich,pls don't accept your admission.
Defer it till the next year when you've learnt how to cook.
What do you mean? I didn't know how to cook Jack when I entered school, and I was just financially average, yet I learnt how to cook everything except soup within the next three to four weeks...

I simply observed my roommates cooking, and applied some common sense too..

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
pocohantas:

Because you want to suffer na... cheesy

What option do I have? I really dislike cooking, better to run from Lagos to Benin than to stay inside a kitchen.

Just have to wait for d calvary to come rescue me, wherever she is.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by DardyGentle(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
When hunger wipe you in school, you will know how to cook indomie or rice and boiled tomato. If the hunger is so bad you will know that spaghetti and curry is very sweet. But ensure you have good access to toilet.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Tonalphs(f): 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
my younger bro gained admission same time with his best friend. my dad n the other boy's dad rented one apartment for both of them. the boy is a good cook. my younger bro is like the op. but I heard he's learning from the boy now.
in summary, just pray you get lucky to have a roomie that can cook. or make some good friends. cooking is easy
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
Are there no resrunts around the school? Use them.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by colestephan86: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
Your suggestions/advice are welcome
Beans! Beans! And more Beans!
When I was in school, I will just go and dump all the food I carry come for my girl friend house, na there I dey chop

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by frank417: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Oluf3mi(m): 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
donbachi:
That is why they all have cafeteria
Fastest way to finish what ever pocket money you have...eating rebbish.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by younghartz(m): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
I made a friend then
And she taught me literally everything.
Nina Wherever you're GOD BLESS YOU!

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by kolade560: 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

But at first it was not funny unto say for house i nor dey do any domestic chores not to talk of Cooking. Na my female siblings dey run am as the only real niggarrr with five female siblings
Na when i enter school my eye clear..... some times i go beg them make them come help me cook ogbono. At other times i go just run go house go carry already made food come begin dey warm for school...still all those method fail me. I was left with no choice than to learn
grin
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Oluf3mi(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
somtoto:
Just have numerous girlfriends and you will b fine
Why numerous biko? Why not keep one and come to understanding with her.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by scarycuteface(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
He buys food of course. Or pay people to cook him food if he's rich. He better be using GTB too. So he'll be able to pay on time using *737#

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by kolade560: 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
kolade560:
grin
make I be ur inlaw
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Ten06(m): 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
He should work very hard so that he can continue to eat in the Cafe, plus small long throat he will be able to eat from friends too
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by flokii: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
@Op for your own good, it's better you learn. It will save you money especially on weekends and shakara from ladies.

You'll graduate and become a bachelor first before getting married so it's a win win situation if you learn.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Lightway: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
You can buy booklets that teach you how to cook, inviting a girl to cook for you is wrong, its full of risks...
all these recipe books are not up to #300 you can buy them and master the tips.
As for me, am a pro.

Why is inviting a girl to cook for you wrong? Which risks?
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Sterope(f): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
But he loves good food grin
pocohantas:

Wow!!!! grin

The effrontery, sis. grin
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by kolade560: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
techmo:
cool

Cooking is a skill you learn

Couldn't cook beans when I got admission very young as a last born, it wasn't the internet days as we managed starcomms and multilinks data card on laptop

But guess what I can cook so well before graduation that my friends came to eat at my place always partly cos the dish was sweet and because the marijuana marinated well and cook right at perfect temperature

Follow simple instructions about cooking, like for rice , cooking it you need 1/3 rice 3/1 water, to get your salting right try salting ordinary water, for meat always marinate them with spice and seasonings and keep it too enter the meat for a while or mix it with your hands before boiling

bado
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by Oluf3mi(m): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
Eh...you can learn...I did...throughout my one year in NYSC. Prior to that time I didnt know shii but now...even my ugwu soup get super swag...although during Uni, I had a roomie who cooked our meals. Later in 200, i got me a gf and she took care of things till we graduted...thats how it was.
Re: How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? by pocohantas(f): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sterope:
But he loves good food grin

...So much that he can’t make them or outsource till a wife comes along. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kings College Student Visit Water-falls And Cave In Anambra State- PIX / Jeffrey Lebari-Lube Nwidobie Wins 5 Awards At Tarleton State University / Joy Adesina: Video Of Abiodun Giving OAU Best Medical Student N5M & A Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.