Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? (32556 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
creamylicious:
I am still nursing my own loss.. like what do I tell my colleagues who saw me glowing in love and are expectantly waiting for the wedding?

You will find love soon with a compatible partner
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
HembaqMbk:

Will this Rhogam be administered after each delivery?

Yes, sir.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Mariangeles(f): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Rexology:
AA is good oooh...but pray never to find AA in devil as a partner,you may not remember his or her genotype again.
grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
semid4lyfe:

Yes, sir.

Thank you sir
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by oluangelkay(f): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yeah and I never stopped regretting it. We both are AS, we agreed to get married after my graduation. I came back from NYSC while he insist on coming for my introduction not withstanding my health situation at that time. It was then I realized that we both are AS, I refused to marry him. This guy practically worshipped the ground I stepped on. He refused to understand, I already have such a case, one of my aunt married AS, her kids are all sicklers. I can't punish my kids like that. Long story cut short, he is married now with 2kids, I am still here waiting and looking up to God. Though we are still friends, but I lost a good man and I doubt if I will ever fine a man that will love me like him.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Op80: 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
I am a serial loser of men of choice because of genotype.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Lovelyn451(f): 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Im AS but Ive Never come across an AS guy b4, every guy ive met is AA, infact we are 4 girls and a boy, we girls are all AS while our only brother is AA. I used to believe all guys are AA sef
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
oluangelkay:
Yeah and I never stopped regretting it. We both are AS, we agreed to get married after my graduation. I came back from NYSC while he insist on coming for my introduction not withstanding my health situation at that time. It was then I realized that we both are AS, I refused to marry him. This guy practically worshipped the ground I stepped on. He refused to understand, I already have such a case, one of my aunt married AS, her kids are all sicklers. I can't punish my kids like that. Long story cut short, he is married now with 2kids, I am still here waiting and looking up to God. Though we are still friends, but I lost a good man and I doubt if I will ever fine a man that will love me like him.

You will definitely find

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Op80:

It stops this month.... In Jesus Name

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
sugah:
Truth is, there's a way out for both AS partners to marry without having SS babies but it's both emotionally and financially draining.
I know a couple who's gone through it but I don't think they'd wish same for their enemies.
hmmm, Very risky something.. unless the couples av agreed not to give birth, rather adopt..

A renowned medical doctor went ahead to marry his AS wife, And today they have two SS with some carriers... Just their only daughter was AA... Out of 6.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Mylovelife: 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
I know someone who lied just because he didn't want to get married to the girl. He lied he is AS because he already knows the girl is AS.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by jaxxy(m): 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Twoclans:
I am AA but I had to run away from a relationship because his pressure to get married was too much and I felt it was because I was the first AA serious relationship he has ever had.

I did not want to be with someone just because I have the right genotype he wanted.

And is that a crime? Bt ure not the only AA Did he not treat u right? And did u not love him?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sugah: 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Munzy14:

hmmm, Very risky something.. unless the couples av agreed not to give birth, rather adopt..

A renowned medical doctor went ahead to marry his AS wife, And today they have two SS with some carriers... Just their only daughter was AA... Out of 6.

IVF with Genetic testing if there's plenty money...
Invitro testing and aborting SS foetus although emotionally draining
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mariangeles:
To be honest, there's this thrill about being in a relationship that's not possible.... cheesy grin

AAs will never relate grin
This comment is deep, biko rephrase.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sugah: 11:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
Op80:
Pele. Find and marry oyinbo man if you can. The sickle cell trait is only amongst Africans/people of African origin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by 2lola: 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ayolachris: 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
The most painful thing dat happened to my life.. She is AS I am As. We never knew becos d 3 results she given a different clinics at different times all read AA.
Just few weeks b4 d marriage introduction, we went to one of the FMCs and dia it was found she's AS.

I am not recovered from d shock....even thought she felt worse Dan me

It just ended.. My chapter with her.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
NevetsIbot:
Lost the love of my life to it... I'm AC and she's AS... Worst year of my life... She was just perfect for me.

Had to cut things despite she not wanting to come to terms with me... She kept begging and fighting to change my mind but now we both know it was for the best.

Two years now and we obviously have not gotten over each other
The scars are usually deep, and very deep on the ladies especially.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mylovelife:
I know someone who lied just because he didn't want to get married to the girl. He lied he is AS because he already knows the girl is AS.
cheesy
normal format for unserious guys.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by hybridblood07(m): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wow! What a touching story. You took the right decision as a real man would do. I'm sure it was hard to let go of her. I think you should sue the hospital for wrong result
rxmusa:

I did genotype about 9yrs ago, I was given AA result. Based on that, I got engaged to my intending partner who's AS. It was even mere coincidence that made me did it again and discover I was AS. I did it again 5 times in 5 different places but still AS, meaning the first result was wrong. We had to call off the wedding despite the insistence of my in-laws and my fiancé on going ahead. We told them we believe in destiny and fate but we can't go ahead with the marriage. They were angry but later reasoned with us

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
sugah:

IVF with Genetic testing if there's plenty money...
Invitro testing and aborting SS foetus although emotionally draining
Money and emotional draining two words, that can change everything for someone.

The best is prevention o.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sugah: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Munzy14:

Well, it's an option for people that feel breaking up isn't an option because the love is very strong.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
sugah:

Well, it's an option for people that feel breaking up isn't an option because the love is very strong.
Another angle.

A lot of relationships are on this tight corner... thinking for way out.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by saasala(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

No, because I'm AA. I only care about your Rhesus factor and your 'past'.

Please can you throw a light on this Rhesus factor?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Deicide: 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
sugah:

Rhesus factor shouldn't be a deal breaker cos the Rhogam injection will forestall any problems
So you mean I don't have to pray to Jesus or anything and this scientific drug would do it's job?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Eddyroyalng: 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Have you lost a very good relationship because of incompatible Genotype?

What was your experience and how did you move on?

I lost the best relationship aside my wife I ever had to genotype. It was the toughest emotional moment of my entire life. We loved ourselves with our soul. 3 times we separated, 3 times we came back. The love bond was so much. I declared anybody that told me the truth enemy. My priest advised me to put the wellbeing of our unborn children first before our love. We can't bring out Innocent children who had nothing to do with our love to suffer for what they know nothing about. He also asked me to itemise all I can to do to manage the situation when the love fades away cos it must fade away. I had to man up n invited my present wife n moved on. It took d gal nearly 2years to get over it but she's happily now while am also married with 2 kids. All thanks to God
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by folake4u(f): 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
cry It was so painfullllll when I discovered we're both AS. Sheeesh!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Janosky: 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Munzy14:

Agreed.
Sometimes love is not enough to keep 2 persons of the opposite gender who are in sync together... That's life for you.
You must make your life sweet and happy....
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by dunsin125: 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
NevetsIbot:
Lost the love of my life to it... I'm AC and she's AS... Worst year of my life... She was just perfect for me.

Had to cut things despite she not wanting to come to terms with me... She kept begging and fighting to change my mind but now we both know it was for the best.

Two years now and we obviously have not gotten over each other
Mmmm, o ga.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Sniper101(m): 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nope.

Cos I've never gotten to the point in a relationship where the discussion about "genotype" would come up
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by dj4tolex: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
sugah:
IVF with Genetic testing if there's plenty money... Invitro testing and aborting SS foetus although emotionally draining
Shed more light on this for people to learn
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ken4040(m): 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
What about EARLY DEMAND.. I fear am pass geno.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / Twins Adorably Recreate Childhood Photo From 20 Years Ago / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.