Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67326 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
saasala:

You are foolish person.

With this your comment, you know deep down you don't need the kingship.

Fvck off.
......Ok.Thank you.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Bridget95(f): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
boyjo:

This is all they are after.
His soul and his future.
Them don go consult demons, see say e marry better wife wey go bring am better children and good fortune, them come sit-down for round table hatch their plan and beat their chest say, "who can refuse the temptation of being a king".

They are offering him the world for his soul.
And e come be like say e dey consider am.
Yeah, kpele JONNYSPUTE
you are correct, brother.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Inhousepst(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
They said ' deity' said. If Satan choose you to be a king then my advise to you is to flee to Jesus. Have you not heard or seen this same scenario played out in various communities. Listen, you cannot fight the devil and win by your strength alone. You need Jesus or they may destroy you and your family. This is a battle and if the Lord Jesus will fight for you then repent today. You cannot afford to follow them and serve Satan in the name of being a king. Remember there is hell. May the Lord give you wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
Tales by moonlight.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ideabuilder: 12:42am On Jul 02, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
......Ok.Thank you.

I read your post but just pass. Now I felt the need to comment.

1. No diety chose but the community elders in their wisdom decided that you fit to be the next king
2. You family is next in line and your father who is the oldest member is old. The calculation is that you still have many years ahead. The village elders don't want to risk the kingship going to the second village soon.
3. You can counter their offer by insisting they stand down on the new wife offer. That would be your first command.

My advice for you is to be the king

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ninocia18(m): 10:02am On Jul 02, 2020
boyjo:

Please would you mind expansiating on why he would be glad?

Because the church is God's rod of deliverance. Because Jesus has built his church and the gates of hell can't prevail against it. Because Jesus the head of the church has given us authority over the devil and every power of darkness. Because Jesus has given us authority over every demonic force and power of darkness. Because it is not the will of God that anyone remains in the snare and captivity of the devil. If so then Jesus's death would have been in vain. God's wish for everyone is that they are made free by his word and power and that we live our lives not just living in that freedom but also introducing others to Jesus so that they too will believe and be saved. You are also included my friend. Jesus loves you and can give you freedom and peace nothing in this whole universe can give. Like he did for me years ago. If you can just ask him to forgive you and rid you of your sins, come into your life and be your Saviour and Lord and to give you a new heart and spirit, you will experience a change that only him can give. And you will discover who you really are. Jesus loves you irrespective of who you are or what think of him. Never forget that my friend.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by boyjo: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
ninocia18:

Because the church is God's rod of deliverance. Because Jesus has built his church and the gates of hell can't prevail against it. Because Jesus the head of the church has given us authority over the devil and every power of darkness. Because Jesus has given us authority over every demonic force and power of darkness. Because it is not the will of God that anyone remains in the snare and captivity of the devil. If so then Jesus's death would have been in vain. God's wish for everyone is that they are made free by his word and power and that we live our lives not just living in that freedom but also introducing others to Jesus so that they too will believe and be saved. You are also included my friend. Jesus loves you and can give you freedom and peace nothing in this whole universe can give. Like he did for me years ago. If you can just ask him to forgive you and rid you of your sins, come into your life and be your Saviour and Lord and to give you a new heart and spirit, you will experience a change that only him can give. And you will discover who you really are. Jesus loves you irrespective of who you are or what think of him. Never forget that my friend.
Yes, you are right.
This right is given to every Child of God who is born again.
You specifically mentioned Dominion City and that is what I am asking about.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by boyjo: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Yes I know he can,but I want them to hear it from me.I'm not scared anymore and I have the conviction that they are all lieing.

Okay great.
One with God is majority.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by surgical: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
Stubborn82:
From your post, it's like your current wife is not from your place, if that is the case you need to take another wife!.

Kingship position is an invitation to leadership with benefits, if you reject this opportunity of leading your tribe's people, one of these things will happen to you.

One: except your village deity and the herbalist in that village were born again Christian, you will become useless to your generation that your wife you are afraid of, will leave and remarry and gossip about you to her new husband while they are having sex.

Two: except your village people doesn't give a Bleep about kingship and they are not interested if they king go to another village, if not your entire family going to have big problems staying in ther village, because your village people will always drag them to insult, they will say that the benefits that should be given to their village has be diverted to another village because of your stupidity.

Thirdly: your wife and children will always not welcome in that village, and when you die your corpse will be rejected to be buried in that village.

Fourthly: except your wife is a pastor, if not she will be attack and suffer great afflictions, if she refuse to let you she might loose her life.

Why did I say this?
When I was in school, a friend of my that his father was in ogboni fraternity died and my has to replace his father's position, my friend as a brilliant tech guy see that as distraction to his dream and rejected and run to another state to another country, from where he ran to, his body started rotten until he loose his life.

Also, my brother as brilliant Road Safety officer was attacked by some senior officers making him to become drunkard, my brother has lost his job, his wife packed out with his children and when to remarry to another man, we the entire family has bn spending our money, time to help my brother get well, what am saying is that if you refuse to accept the kingship and the worst thing come, your wife that you are afraid off will leave you for another man.

Take my advice take another wife if that is a requirement for the king position and enjoy your long life, Solo has 300 wives and 700 concubines and he was rich and leave a full good life.
I have a friend who was in a similar situation fifteen years ago ,he was getting the type of advice most people here giving this ,guy as a Christian blabla, the traditional stool is this and that he should not take with his msc economics sky is his limit, I was one of the few that told him to boldly go for it and reject the nay sayers,today he is balling,rolling with the high and mighty and so far nothing do him,
I will advise the brother to step forward and fulfil his destiny for it has been written
Lest I forget,my guys father was still alive when he ascended the throne
Nothing new
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Obakovicho: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
surgical:
I have a friend who was in a similar situation fifteen years ago ,he was getting the type of advice most people here giving this ,guy as a Christian blabla, the traditional stool is this and that he should not take with his msc economics sky is his limit, I was one of the few that told him to boldly go for it and reject the nay sayers,today he is balling,rolling with the high and mighty and so far nothing do him,
I will advise the brother to step forward and fulfil his destiny for it has been written
Lest I forget,my guys father was still alive when he ascended the throne
Nothing new
Same thing with OÓNI FATHER
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Hmm. Are you indirectly telling me to take another wife and be crowned?

You claim you are a loving and caring husband yet you came to Nairaland to ask faceless people if you should take a second wife, you dont love your wife, you dont deserve her, a man that loves his wife will never think twice about such and will tell his kinsmen that he will never take another wife but here you are, ndi alpha male, ready to take another wife, just looking for flemsy excuse to, oya take another wife, we know you already what to, all you need is just a lil push. I told you that you are making her life miserable, you thought I was trolling you, you and I know that its true, what if I know you in reality? cheesy
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ikdaddy01(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2020
If it were in my village, nobody will send you seif. 10 more people would have presented themselves to be crowned king
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
kayClt:
you hv found answers to your confusion.
So u too have bad mouth ehn grin
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 20, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.

Your answer to these questions should provide you a clearer guide.. you can only be advised on nairaland but the decision is yours.

By taking that title you want your father to bow to you( abomination), you want to destroy the love you have shared with your wife ( ur lives will never be the same, no secinf wife will lay low, then u have endless battles of wives and children), then you have satisfied your ego and have all the titles and lose the love n trust two most important people who have been there for u (dad n wife even kids).

Your father knows better than you,listen to him and follow his advise like the bible advised,
This your village people want to destroy something great thy have foreseen in you...be very careful and flee
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Indigbo: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Obakovicho: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.
How far
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by saintruky(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2021
Bros @op abeg u don finally accept d kingship? N them don crown u?

Long live d king

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by efficiencie(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Ma guy run ohh. Don't mortgage your future because of Kingship position oh. No matter how much of a king you are Buhari still has total and absolute power over you and soldiers can wipe you slap on that throne oh. Asides that sef do you want to destroy your home by adding another wife? Are you ready for the politics associated with the position? Are you ready to do the hideous things that African kings do? Remember that no matter the benefits associated with the position, "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown"! If I were you I will reject the position and let them settle themselves.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MissionaryArchi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sir are you finally the king now or true love won the battle

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Gbadugbakun(m): 12:52pm On Feb 11
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.
So did you later accept the kingship offer?

If no are you regretting it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine / How Wife Caught Her Husband Cheating (PHOTO) / Please We Are Sorry. Now We Understand (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.