Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67189 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by pafo(m): 6:06am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.

“A good man draws a circle around himself and cares for those within – his woman, his children. Other men draw a larger circle and bring within their brothers and sisters. But some men have a great destiny. They must draw around themselves a circle that includes many, many more. You must decide for yourself whether you are as well.”
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ostarlink: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2020
This choice of the gods is questionable and there are damnable consequences if you go for it which the gods have not told you. Your father and elder brothers bowing down to you? Mind you that most gods these days look into your pocket instead. If the gods did not see the men of gods will see on his behalf. If you are comfortable in your family stay clear of this impending doom. There is nothing like peace of mind in life. I have seen kings die few weeks on the throne.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Collinsemegreat(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2020
Oga pray for wisdom
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2020
dokie:

I didnt have the time to go through the comments on the thread, so i don't know if you have made up your mind yet on what to do. But i would like to ask if you are a Christian in the first instance because that is a major factor in determining your course of action.

I would appreciate a response.
...Yes I'm a Christian.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MrFly(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2020
the elders are after ur life. Run as far as u can. No be only king na Kingibe

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2020
hahn:
cry

What are the benefits of being a long in your village?

Financially most especially
....Just the respect they accord you.No financial gain. You might even be spending your own money but the government of the state will recognise you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2020
SweetCunt97:
When it comes to oracle and deity matter, I no dey chook mouth. Those things can make life difficult for you if you refuse them.

I hope they don’t eliminate your wife spiritually if u tell them its because of her u dont want to marry another. Be wise.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 01, 2020
hahn:
cry

What are the benefits of being a long in your village?

Financially most especially

Connection to the people in power. Contracts from govt... etc
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by FBIspeaks: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2020
This is a trap to limit you and scatter your family. You father is alive and you've got elder brothers. What deity will ask you to take a new wife just to be crowned king? I hope you know the spiritual implications of being a king? My candid advice is, leave them to sort themselves out. Let their deity choose any of their sons. Keep your cool and serve your God.

NB:: If you're a traditionalist or you delight and take part in traditional stuff, then, you've got no choice but to dance to their tune. But if you serve the God that created heaven and earth, call on Him now than ever before and incline not your ears to their calls.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Manageme: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2020
Just be very careful in your decision, I don't know where you are from but in Igbo land if you disagree those elders can easily term you and your generation unborn an outcast. So be very careful so you and your generation won't be affected.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Sunnyja: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..
How one earth can he agree to accept the throne, after it's customs, tradition, practices and beliefs might have been fully explained to him and then turn around to practice it a "Christan" way. This is recipe for disaster. Same with "pastors" going into government shouting we will reform governance only to get be reformed by governance.
If you are accepting the throne, then be ready to comply with it's beliefs and customs. There is no Christian or Muslims way in African traditional thrones.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Salako01(m): 7:43am On Jul 01, 2020
Lol... chai grin
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Gmajor(m): 7:45am On Jul 01, 2020
This sounds like bullsh*t.
I seriously doubt that kingship in any part of Igbo land is is imposed on an unwilling person not to mention that you're being asked to take a second wife.

Total bulllshit.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by basadenet: 7:48am On Jul 01, 2020
This look like a super story. And If truly you were chosen, you will not be here to tell the world .
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Salako01(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.
If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..

How can you just assumed because he is Igbo then that means he is a Christian. I don't understand this at all madam/oga. grin
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by sylve11: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2020
SweetCunt97:
When it comes to oracle and deity matter, I no dey chook mouth. Those things can make life difficult for you if you refuse them.

Tell them... cool
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by sylve11: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

I like this part... cool
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by cmrendowed(f): 7:58am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

I doubt if there is a conspiracy in making you a king while your father is alive the current Ooni of Ife’s Father is still very much alive and well and the son is the King aside from your wife... which you can explain things to and make her understand you need to serve your people the ball is in your court Good luck.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Snoopfundz: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2020
In as much as it is your life, weigh both choices wisely. If one person cooks for a village they will empty the pot, but when a village cooks for one person........... Or better change village.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by sylve11: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
If you are a Christian, then Satan is tempting you. You mentioned the Oracle chooosed you, so bowing/responding to what that Oracle says, simply means you have bowed to another god. It is totally wrong to leave monogamy and practice polygamy because of tradition, polygamy is sin.

Polygamy is never a sin. We are all worried about the problemS it'd create when you pass away. Anyway, men with only one wife all their lives? they still get issues within the children when you pass away... cool
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:10am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

First of all, you shouldn't tell elders that a deity is mistaking.

The reason is that a deity can never be wrong (I am only being politically correct, though).

Even our own deity (Jehovah) picked David even while David's father was still alive and David was the youngest child. Since the elders chose you without demanding bribe, then there must be some fine leadership and personal qualities they (or the deity) must have seen in you.

Now, to the other problem: the issue of taking a second wife who hails from the community. Tell the elders to help you look for a way to avoid taking a second wife. And that if they couldn't, it may be hard for you to become their king. If your marriage is registered in the registry, then that would help solve this problem. The marriage law will punish you for taking another wife while still married to your first wife. Just be assertive rather than passive and allowing them to decide your destiny all by themselves.

This matter is a matter that demands great wisdom to handle. You don't want to hurt your wife and you don't want to offend your community. So, you have to thread with caution.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Sh1g1d1: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2020
If you are financially buoyant, I think your community is just interested in your money in the guise of making you a king.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Gr8amechi: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

First if they want you to be king, traditions are meant to be changed so if truly the gods choose you in their wisdom then you have to sit them down and tell them how you would want to run the town as the new sheriff.
1. A king doesn't need to marry from the community to be crowned, if they don't accept this then they should go.
2. You can create a position that's for your father and make him not how to you..

Lastly if none of these work, my brother you need to start serious church and start effective prayers because these village old men you can't trust them, those things that happen in Nollywood are real ooo
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by oxygen94(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2020
dear brother, it is very simple.

It is obvious just as your father said there is a conspiracy. the kingship truly is your families turn but it's a lie that the oracle chose you. they chose you because they know you stand a greater percentage not to accept it and their plan is to shift it to their favorite family using your non acceptance as an excuse. if you should go against all odds and accept it, there will be problem in your rule cos you're not their favorite.

moroever, your kingship tradition according to you maintains that father does not bow to the son and or the eldest should be made king. think about it.

they never wanted you king in the first place. just looking for an excuse from your non compliance to shift it to their favorite family. stand your ground, and embrace your wife and outrightly reject the offer. don't be deceived by "deity approval" for its all human concocted plans.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Millenniumlady(f): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...Don't even know how to go about this.

So many sleepless nights and worries.Im becoming a shadow of myself. Can't even think straight at all.
Aren't you the one that's always abusing ladies here huh undecided see your life now you're running in the mist of nowhere mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew nah me and you for this forum
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Aren't you the one that's always abusing ladies here huh undecided see your life now you're running in the mist of nowhere mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew nah me and you for this forum
....Are you sure you re not mistaken me for someone else?
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by dokie: 8:32am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...Yes I'm a Christian.

Thanks for the reply.

Now, I would admonish you not to go into further negotiations with them i.e., them permitting you to ascend the throne with your current wife etc. A kindred that still consults oracles to select kings is still neck deep in paganism. Ascending that throne will get you neck deep in paganism aswell, that your Christianity will be long gone. It is most likely to rob off on your children as well.

My brother, the christian faith is a lifestyle, and if you want to remain a christian, you must take a stand for Christ for your personal salvation and maybe even that of your children. This life is passing, and you, the kingship, and the people mounting pressure on you will pass away also. So any action that will bring a barricade between you and your salvation should not be contemplated.

As a reminder, Christ forbids any action based on directions of any deity or the appearance of such. Our allegiance is to Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. Secondly, the Christian faith denounces polygamy. Consequently, its not just about your wife not seeing with you, its also about the fact that you cant marry a second wife as a Christian. I'm sure you already know this.

Having said this, its important that you also know that the forces you are up against are not going to let you be easily. They will trouble you with everything they can trouble you with, physically, through mockery and possibly isolation, and spiritually as well. As a result, you need to become most serious with your faith. You will need to share this with leaders in your Church ( i dont know if you are Catholic or protestant) but either way, sufficient help can come from the church both in the village and where you reside. So you must engage them in this.

You are faced with a battle of a lifetime, a very tough one at that, but it is worth fighting, because it is for your peace of mind, and your eternal well being.

Your coming to this forum is already an indication that you are not at peace. I can assure you that going ahead with their desire will take your peace away for the rest of the days that you live, and you will wish you fought for what you believed in.

Please remember this: with the assistance of the Lord Jesus Christ, every man made opposition can be defeated.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by akanbiaa(m): 8:32am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.
You only said your wife is aware of this what advice did she give you? The lady you are to marry who will select her for you? Who will be the queen when you are crowned? If you refuse to be crowned will your family house loose out in being crowned future kings? If you refuse will they force you or go for consultations to choose another? Any spiritual implication to your life if you accept or refuse?
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Millenniumlady(f): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Are you sure you re not mistaken me for someone else?
You're the one you once called me a slut here.....You're a married man with kids and you where once angry when a lady in your compound you went out with together with your wife follow your friend home and they end up in police station I've known you here for quite long always abusing esteem ladies even though you love them.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Hillybankz(m): 8:40am On Jul 01, 2020
This is a tempting one but u cn discuss with ur wife...as for ur father becoming one of your subjects,you can make him your onowu
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by pawsofdikeje(m): 9:02am On Jul 01, 2020
With greater power comes greater responsibility. Go forward and claim your destiny.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BluntNigerian: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Thanks.

So, which community is your wife from?
And what exactly is wrong with her being your wife as a king??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage / How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.