Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (68976 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by mustbewell: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Show us your pix
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Ahmback(m): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
may we never be chosen by the deities to be King of our community...

May we never be put into serious thinking by people who doesn't know the value of life..

people like...

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Champneys: 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

There is no such thing as a deity.

Its all a fraud.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by itsme01: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sacrificing your love life for your people, well the gods have spoken you have no choice
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by pquaver(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

You are now the Eze nmmuo of your village..
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Bridget95(f): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
The so called diety is interested in your soul.Embrace Jesus Christ and follow his will alone.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by morris477(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hummmm, Yoruba with tradition tufiakwa
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ashatoda: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
my simple advice is that you should stamp your feet that you are not interested in marrying another wife and if they insist you will abandon the idea of becoming a king in it's entirety. you need to make them aware that as a Christian you can't marry two wives so it's either they are willing to accept that or forgo it. there are Christian obas in yoruba land who doesn't follow the dictates of the deity so you can also do it but you must make sure you have a sound relationship with Christ

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

One of the price to pay in life

The choice is yours...

People or personal life
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Salmahta: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
This is super story

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Antibettings: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.

I'm a citizen of Iwo land . And even from royal family, nothing is impossible oo.. tell em you can't marry another wife period. (Everything na sakamaje) manipulation of highest order

4 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Golan007: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
Arise King Arthur.

The gods have chosen you.

Go about the and choose thee a virgin amongst the lasses of thy kingdom.

Your loins shalt bear you an heir and he shalt not be a dwarf.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by sholay2011(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lol...nonsense.

@OP...Are you a Christian? If yes, go and read 2 Corinthians 6 and digest it like cabin biscuit. You are not considering the position, yet, you opened a thread on NL. If you were a part-time Christian before now, go full-time because you're dealing with full-time devil (in that deity or whatever).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by vioment: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
Allow those backwards people to sort themselves out.

Dem dun see say your grace dey grow, so now dem wan put you for center to see the branch of your success wey dem go cut.

Just so you know, no more cars and gifts like before; no more allowances like before. The LG chairman and his assistants are your bosses, can fire you at will. Na so the trend dey go. Give yourself brain.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by LordIsaac(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
Qualification to lead... Another wife! Oh, Black Man!

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by selfemployed(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..

Supported

This is the best advice you have here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by akigbemaru: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by pquaver(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.

My own opinion to this Ezenmmuo is:: Reject taking another wife if you know that your wife will do the same for you in that position.. Shikena I am tired of giving women what they cannot give me.. Manhood is giving so much to Womanhood without receiving nothing.. ordinary respect for our sacrificing action we won't get.. If your wife you are damn sure is loyal to hell with it but if not go head if only the King is worth it ooo like Oba of benin, alaafin of oyo and all those types

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by omenka(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Think I saw this sort of story on RantHQ months ago. Something tells me the op is lying. Just got a story from there and brought it here. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Agugbadin: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.

Reject it, I never heard of a king who's father is alive.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by chlowi(f): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

My thoughts exactly.... But i think i have seen this as a nollywood Movie before
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by veave(f): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
The first thing I will ask you is, are you a traditionalist?
What I mean is, do you patronise juju?
If yes, you will be equal to the task.
If no, then run for your life. I mean, when you're running your legs should be touching your neck. You think you're the only one they have told the diety picked? It seems they perceive you as someone who has small change. In fact if you ask me i will say whether you are a babalawo customer or not just run away. The day you agree to take up the position is the day you will see serious fight from oppositions you're not aware of. You will loose your resources, peace, safety and you may also loose your life. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Goddyj(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.
This settles everything. The moment you or your father has a feeling there's a conspiracy against u, then reject the kingship with everything in you.
And don't forget to be prayerful

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Jabioro: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
Your community has done their own finding,it is now left for you or your father to do his own finding.Infact you can do your own spiritual finding..the second wife is a small or very little on upon this kingship matter...Mind you though nothing beyond God but not these common Yahoo pastors or prophet.. you have to meet some trusted elders who will take you to some "ogbonge" traditional finding....from their you can talk to your wife.And if you're a good dreamer..tell me your dream and I will tell you, your days to come..You can't sit down and be confuse..the deity can also help you out..Alale yi agbe wa ooo!!!
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by buJu234: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
If your village has an oil well, then u can go ahead and become the king.. if not plz ignore the so called deity.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Blacknote: 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Macphenson:
Honestly speaking, in as much as enlightened, educated and exposed we are, we still have our traditions as Africans.

It is indeed a difficult situation you find yourself , and a tough decision to make.

But the truth is you have to face reality.
In such a situation where it is you and the community, I will advise you take the kingship, it is an honour for you to be chosen,and trust me your generations yet unborn will be proud of you.

It.is also a rare and great priviledge for you to render service to your people , and for you to also write your name in gold.

As for your wife, this is where you have a challenge. No woman wants to share her man.
Please appeal to her that ordinarily you want to be with only her, but circumstances have changed everything, also reach out to her family first, and present your case to them. That's a sign of respect and regards for them. As long as it is the dictates of the tradition, overtime they will understand but not without certain reservations and concerns.

Let them.understand that your taking another wife is absolutely circumstancial and not intentional.

Please take up this rare priviledge of serving you people.

My own personal request is this

Please place the interest of your subjects at heart while on the throne. Be a father to them. Don't be like our present day political "Ezes".

May the gods bless you and grant you more wisdom. Spoken like an elder.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Itz yuh calling ..

Go and serve it!
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BABANGBALI: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
e don happen be that
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by techstack: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

They told my dad too.

He did say yes or no

When the wife come, my dad didn't touch for over for a year she left herself.

We were very young then

My mom narrated the story

Said she is proud of my dad.

Just they look them
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
And you are not happy.
Someone should please tell him Joseph story
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by dazzlingd(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
You cant be a king when ur father is still alive, it does not happen anywhere in the world....or else, the person u think is your father is not really your father lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Hmm. Are you indirectly telling me to take another wife and be crowned?

Bro the way I see it

What I think is that you want to be the king but you are looking for who to tell you to damn the consequences and marry another wife

I think in this case you have to be extremely honest with yourself. If you know you want to be the king then be the king.

After all your father and wife can understand

Hope this helps wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) / Lecturer’s Wife Delivers Baby For Bricklayer Lover (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.