Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. (43508 Views)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Apologises To JAMB / Mmesoma's Father, Romanus Ejikeme Apologises To Nigerians, JAMB / Chidera Dilibe Emerges COOU Best Graduating Student Of Pharmacy With 4.62 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by BiafraforTrump: 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
numberonecytyzen:
cry harder bitcch

Tell that to your mother..

You must be Afonja.

By the time Biafra comes you can decide to remain in Nigeria who gives a hoot?

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Gamesmart: 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
koning:
First black/African man at Oxford = Emeka Ojukwu

First balck man in Eton College = Dilibe Onyeama.

Conclusion = IGBO AMAKA. Putting Nigeria and africa on the map since 1845.

Mod, do the needed. The world need to know.

If you are going to be foolish, no take your foolishness to that depth, you go turn to vegetable.

No matter how stupid you want to be, try and have some little sense.

Here is the First Black African to graduate from Oxford, and he was not Nigerian. He was in Oxford before they gave birth to Ojukwu's father's father.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40429917

Here is the First Black African woman to graduate from Oxford, she is Nigerian. She was in Oxford before they gave birth to Ojukwu. Now try and use a cell in your brain to think how many Naija men would have graduated from Oxford before her who was already in Oxford before Ojukwu was born.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofoworola_Ademola

Here is the First Black African to graduate from Cambridge, and he was not Nigerian. He was in Cambridge before they gave birth to Ojukwu's father.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hutton-Mills_Sr.

Here is the First Black African woman to graduate from Cambridge, and she was not Nigerian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efua_Sutherland

Here are Nigerians getting degrees at Oxford and Cambridge before Ojukwu. Some where getting these degrees before Ojukwu's father gained the ability to produce spermatozoa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_Molade_Akiwumi
https://litcaf.com/victor-adedapo-kayode/ (The first Nigerian to graduate from Cambridge)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olumuyiwa_Jibowu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adetokunbo_Ademola (The second Nigerian to graduate from Cambridge)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Mbanefo (The third Nigerian to graduate from Cambridge)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adeyemo_Alakija
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adetoun_Ogunsheye (The first Nigerian woman to graduate from Cambridge)

Here is the first Black boy at Eton:
https://www.legit.ng/1260792-retro-tokunbo-akintola-late-son-western-region-premier-ladoke-akintola-1st-black-boy-eton-college.html

He had to drop out when his father was killed in 1966.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Tell that to your mother..

You must be Afonja.

Lol who's Afonja?
I'm a proud AkwaIbomite from Ikono LGA. And tribalist motherfvckers like you piss me off. Have you stopped crying already?grin

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Which time?cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by BiafraforTrump: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

Lol who's Afonja?
I'm a proud AkwaIbomite from Ikono LGA. And tribalist motherfvckers like you piss me off. Have you stopped crying already?grin

Useless man, whatever! �
Las Las Biafra will come and if that will make you cry then prepare to do it forever..
If AkwaIbom don't want to join Biafra they are free to remain in Nigeria no stress.
Peace!
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by BiafraforTrump: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

Which time?cheesycheesycheesy

Why are you asking me time, you don't want anything to do with Biafra so how does the date concern you?.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Useless man, whatever! �
Las Las Biafra will come and if that will make you cry then prepare to do it forever..
If AkwaIbom don't want to join Biafra they are free to remain in Nigeria no stress
Peace!
Very important cool

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by SmartyPants(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Nope. To the contrary the implication is that some Igbos originated from Ibibio!

Whether Peter came from Paul or Paul came from Peter, the conclusion is that there was a coning from some common ground.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by BiafraforTrump: 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

Very important cool

Monkey feeling funky grin
I'm very confident in my Biafra so you can fucck off.. grin

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Iceberg3: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Amaka grin

As @that time,the progenitors of structures de la coneheads were engrossed in potential mining activities. grin

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by nanauju(f): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

My post which you all quoted was in response to the false claims the OP Koning made in his later post as seen bolded above. It was not a response to his original post which is factual that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st black to graduate at Eton.

What is a blatant lie is that Dilibe Onyeama was the first Black in Eton. That glory goes to Tokunbo Akintola who passed the exam that Dilibe failed, allowing Akintola to take the glory that should have been jointly shared by both if Dilibe had passed and enrolled at the same time Tokunbo Akintola did.

As for Tokunbo Akintola not finishing there, we all know his father was killed in the January 1966 coup which ensured the 2 boys never became friends since the killers of SLA Akintola were from the same tribe as Dilibe Onyeama.

Also, the claim that Emeka Ojukwu who graduated from Oxford in 1955 was the first Black man and Nigerian in Oxford, is belied by verifiable fact that Christian Cole from Sierra Leone was the first Black/African man at Oxford in 1873, while Kofoworola Ademola (nee Moore) was the first Black/African woman and the first ever Nigerian at Oxford university, and she graduated in 1935 when Emeka Ojukwu was yet to be 2yrs old.

So next time, implore the OP Koning to not embellish the facts of a matter by adding lies to the truth.

The truth is never nasty or blind, and does not need to fear God.

Give it to onyeama for being the first to graduate, not a dropout like whoevery you're trying to put the glory on. I didn't read up ur epistle.. Don't bore me with boring arguments

2 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
Iceberg3:
Amaka grin

As @that time,the progenitors of structures de la coneheads were engrossed in potential mining activities. grin

You mean at the time a Yoruba boy had already passed the exam that Dilibe Onyeama failed and had to resume 1 year behind his Yoruba agemate?

You should be ashamed.

But when the time came, Onyeama failed the entrance exams. Another Nigerian boy, Tokunbo Akintola, thus became the first black student in Eton, attracting global media attention.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53062502

3 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
nanauju:

Give it to onyeama for being the first to graduate, not a dropout like whoevery you're trying to put the glory on. I didn't read up ur epistle.. Don't bore me with boring arguments

I don't expect an ignoramus who is finding it hard to grasp and comprehend facts, to bother with a tasking activity such as reading.

Where do you see me disputing that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st Black/African to graduate?

I specifically challenge 2 lies that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st Black/African at Eton, and that Ojukwu was the first Black/African at Oxford.

Why are you so traumatized that I challenged a lie with historical facts?

You mention dropout as though the young Akintola failed an exam and had to withdraw?

The same Tokunbo Akintola who passed the entrance exam that Dilibe Onyeama failed such that Dilibe had to try his luck the next year and resume 1 year behind his agemate?

But when the time came, Onyeama failed the entrance exams. Another Nigerian boy, Tokunbo Akintola, thus became the first black student in Eton, attracting global media attention.

For your information, the father of Tokunbo Akintola, SLA Akintola who was the Premier of Western Nigeria, was killed by Igbo soldiers in Jan 1966 coup, within 2 years of Tokunbo's scholarship at Eton.

5 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

I don't expect an ignoramus who is finding it hard to grasp and comprehend facts, to bother with a tasking activity such as reading.

You mention dropout as though the young Akintola failed an exam and had to withdraw?

The same Tokunbo Akintola who passed the entrance exam that Dilibe Onyeama failed such that Dilibe had to try his luck the next year and resume 1 year behind his agemate?

For your information, the father of Tokunbo Akintola, SLA Akintola who was the Premier of Western Nigeria, was killed by Igbo soldiers in Jan 1966 coup, within 2 years of Tokunbo's scholarship at Eton.

I believe Ademoyega was among the Soldiers too he is Yoruba and not Igbo
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
obynzo:

I believe Ademoyega was among the Soldiers too he is Yoruba and not Igbo

Was Ademoyega responsible for any of the deaths? Was Ademoyega responsible for the Killing of Non-Igbo politicians while the Igbo Premier of the Eastern Region had the luxury of hosting the murderous Ifeajuna and left the meeting alive when Ifeajuna did not leave any of his targets alive in Lagos?

Is Nwobosi that killed SLA Akintola not Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Elliot2(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
safarigirl:

South south is a Geo-Political entity, not a Geographical entity.

The South South, is geographically located in the East.

We should learn the difference between geographical and geo-political, a lot of Nigerians are ignorant of the terms and bandy south-south about, as if it can be located on any compass.

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by 989900: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
proeast:
Abeg no vex but I wan ask this question wey dey bother me since, na only Igbos Waka come?

On a thread meant to address racism, even the bigot in you could not resist. And you wonder why people call you stoopid.

2 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by mystery22: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kaylet:

You're slave to human race. I'm sure you've nothing to offer in your lineage. If you do, you'll not come up with tribalism.

I stand for unity, here in my home land and Africa as whole.

We all need to unite, nevertheless, that doesn't stop us from disintegrating the country.
we want disintegration,we can never be united..the hatred for some tribe is deep
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by inspayard(f): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
This thread is messed up.It is quite appalling to see learned people dragging themselves in the mud.This country has a long way to go.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by proeast(m): 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
989900:

[s]
On a thread meant to address racism, even the bigot in you could not resist. And you wonder why people call you stoopid.[/s]

You really must be 'domb' and sick to be seeing everything from a narrow-minded point of view.

Ezi ohia!
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by 989900: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
proeast:

You really must be 'domb' and sick to be seeing everything from a narrow-minded point of view.

Ezi ohia!

What an irony . . . the above coming from a ret@rd.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by rapid101(m): 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

He's Igbo extension.. Read and understand(Igboid)
There are Yoruboid people in Togo and Benin Republic. Don't lose yourself.
how did ibibo or idomites related to Igbo re u high cow urine cus I no understand u

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by proeast(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
989900:

What an irony . . . the above coming from a ret@rd.

Anytime you guys hear Igbo, you become insecure. However, you can jump into the river and end your misery because we Igbos don't give a fvrk.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by zeusdgrt(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
SmartyPants:

He never said that. The reporter did ppp
And he didn't refute it.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by CoolAmbience(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
koning:
First black/African man at Oxford = Emeka Ojukwu

First balck man in Eton College = Dilibe Onyeama.

Conclusion = IGBO AMAKA. Putting Nigeria and africa on the map since 1845.

Mod, do the needed. The world need to know.

Oga, Ojukwu was not the first black / African to attend or graduate from Oxford.

Perhaps, you should do a research on Christian Frederick Cole. He was not just the first black to graduate from Oxford, but also the first black barrister to practice in the English courts.

Mr. Cole left Oxford in 1880. Had Ojukwu being born then, let alone attend kindergarten?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by nanauju(f): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

Where do you see me disputing that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st Black/African to graduate?

I specifically challenge 2 lies that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st Black/African at Eton, and that Ojukwu was the first Black/African at Oxford.

Why are you so traumatized that I challenged a lie with historical facts?

Mtcheew

Hatred will kill you before your actual death estimate. You had all your Lagos-ibadan media news but u didn't create a thread, u waited until the head teacher of Eton came to praise an igbo ma, before u now started spilling gibberish from the stinking gutter u call mouth.

Pls take a back seat, once again spare me all ur long epistles. I have better, more educating things to read undecided
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Liposure: 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
safarigirl:

South south is a Geo-Political entity, not a Geographical entity.

The South South, is geographically located in the East.

We should learn the difference between geographical and geo-political, a lot of Nigerians are ignorant of the terms and bandy south-south about, as if it can be located on any compass.
u just saved my azz. B4, I use 2 confuse geopolitical zone 4 geographical zone
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
nanauju:

Mtcheew

Hatred will kill you before your actual death estimate. You had all your Lagos-ibadan media news but u didn't create a thread, u waited until the head teacher of Eton came to praise an igbo ma, before u now started spilling gibberish from the stinking gutter u call mouth.

Pls take a back seat, once again spare me all ur long epistles. I have better, more educating things to read undecided

I repeat that I corrected a lie of "1st Black to attend" by the OP which was never discussed in the news, and not the factual history of "1st Black to graduate", which was clearly stated in the news.

My surprise is that you are angry that I corrected a lie, including the Ojukwu lie about 1st Black at Oxford?

Why are you hurt about facts, but not hurt about the lie from the OP that I corrected?

Could it be that my factual history diminished your joy? You wanted to be joyful over a lie?

Should I see blatant lies on a forum that I can make my own submission and let it pass so that "miseducated" youth like yourself can rejoice over embellished facts and outright falsehood?

How can you be educated if the truth angers you?

3 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by nanauju(f): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

I repeat that I corrected a lie of "1st Black to attend" by the OP which was never discussed in the news, and not the factual history of "1st Black to graduate", which was clearly stated in the news.

My surprise is that you are angry that I corrected a lie, including the Ojukwu lie about 1st Black at Oxford.

Why are you hurt about facts, but not hurt about the lie from the OP that I corrected?

Could it be that my factual history diminished your joy? You wanted to be joyful over a lie?

Should I see blatant lies on a forum that I can make my own submission and let it pass so that "miseducated" youth like yourself can rejoice over embellished facts and outright falsehood?

U cannot know more than the head teacher of the school. Cased close. Go and argue with your keypad
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Origin(f): 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Na today. As if right now in Theis enlightened you still do not have status segregation and racism in the UK schools.

There are numerous news items on beatings and even some cases deaths of victims of discrimination (sometimes suicide from bullying of black students or Muslim students )
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Heavensent01(m): 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
proeast:
Abeg no vex but I wan ask this question wey dey bother me since, na only Igbos Waka come?

waka cum in what aspect, Asia prison related to drugs or buying Lagos with hawking profit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Many Of You Remember Writing This On Your Notebooks? / Kogi State University Watching Basketball Match- See Photo / Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.