Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. (43503 Views)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Apologises To JAMB / Mmesoma's Father, Romanus Ejikeme Apologises To Nigerians, JAMB / Chidera Dilibe Emerges COOU Best Graduating Student Of Pharmacy With 4.62 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
nanauju:

U cannot know more than the head teacher of the school. Cased close. Go and argue with your keypad

Exactly!

The head teacher referred to the 1st black to graduate, so why stretch the truth to claim the first black to attend when the whole world celebrated that feat when it happened in April 1964, when Tokunbo Akintola passed the entrance exam and Dilibe Onyeama failed an exam he had been preparing for since his birth?

Or are the videos, pictures, and archived news from NewYork Times and BBC of that novel event, the work of Lagos Ibadan media?

Did the head teacher also mention Ojukwu of Oxford, such that you are angry at me for correcting that Ojukwu lie by the OP?

I have not disputed Dilibe Onyeama's novel graduation as the 1st black. I have factually exposed the lie by the OP that he was the 1st Black at Eton.

Ojukwu's lie by the OP is even very laughable and should not be repeated in the midst of the intelligent.

4 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You must be quite unintelligent.

Don't you know that by eastern men, I mean men from the eastern region?

Did I write IGBO MEN, or did I write SE Men?

SHARAP who told you an AkwaIbom man is from the Eastern region or anything close
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Useless man, whatever! �
Las Las Biafra will come and if that will make you cry then prepare to do it forever..
If AkwaIbom don't want to join Biafra they are free to remain in Nigeria no stress.
Peace!

U useless pig if you dare mention AkwaIbom in ur useless Biafra.....motor will jam you 200times
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by nanauju(f): 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

[s]Exactly!

The head teacher referred to the 1st black to graduate, so why stretch the truth to claim the first black to attend when the whole world celebrated that feat when it happened in April 1964, when Tokunbo Akintola passed the entrance exam and Dilibe Onyeama failed an exam he had been preparing for since his birth?

Or are the videos, pictures, and archived news from NewYork Times and BBC of that novel event, the work of Lagos Ibadan media?

Did the head teacher also mention Ojukwu of Oxford, such that you are angry at me for correcting that Ojukwu lie by the OP?

I have not disputed Dilibe Onyeama's novel graduation as the 1st black. I have factually exposed the lie by the OP that he was the 1st Black at Eton.

Ojukwu's lie by the OP is even very laughable and should not be repeated in the midst of the intelligent.[/s]

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
[quote author=nanauju post=91001643][/quote]

Truth dey pain shaa, and flattens arrogance.

4 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Listen to what people are telling you don't be foolish. Ibibio is from Igbo. They are Ibibio he's but the are Igboid. Udo is also an Igbo name, Udoma is also an Igbo name as well.

Under which crab hole did this useless thing crawled out from

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by thatigboman: 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
sageb:
No, he is not igbo. Sir Udo Udoma is an Ibibio man from Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom. He is the father of the former minister of Budget and planning in Buhari first term, sen. Udo Udoma.
ibibios are igbos. Are ibibios in Arochukwu not igbos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
sageb:
sir udo udoma is an Ibibio man from Akwa Ibom. Is that too difficult for you to understand? Blackking98 , Ilaumoh , Hotice085 , ifiokjohn come and see.

People with no history want to tell us history...idad

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by nanauju(f): 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

Truth dey pain shaa, and flattens arrogance.

The only truth here is what the head teacher said.. Anything and everything u wrote (which I didn't bother myself to read coz I'm not looking for a sleeping drug yet) have been pure gibberish.

Dont wallow in ur ignorance
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by thatigboman: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
oyatz:
Very wrong sir.

Arochukwu, Bende and most parts of Ngwaland were formerly Ibiobio.

Ibiobio didn't originate from Igbo rather many Igbos today originated from Ibiobio.

ibibio is a conquered tribe. Conquered by Aros. Ibibios are now fully igbos. U remember effiong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
thatigboman:

You should ask yourself if Aros are IBO's?
Do you think Abribas and Aros are ordinary IBO's?
Don't u dare call an Ibibios, Ibos
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by thatigboman: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hotice085:

You should ask yourself if Aros are IBO's?
Do you think Abribas and Aros are ordinary IBO's?
Don't u dare call an Ibibios, Ibos
what da hell. U mean me an Aro man am not igbo?
Igbos rule ibibio in Arochukwu. Aba women's riot spead to ibibio land because ibibio are igbos

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
thatigboman:
ibibio is a conquered tribe. Conquered by Aros. Ibibios are now fully igbos. U remember effiong?

People that sold your people to slavery...
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
nanauju:

The only truth here is what the head teacher said.. Anything and everything u wrote (which I didn't bother myself to read coz I'm not looking for a sleeping drug yet) have been pure gibberish.

Dont wallow in ur ignorance

Bury your head in the sand like the Ostrich that you are.

No one has disputed the Head Teacher's apology to Dilibe Onyeama, the 1st black student to graduate from Eton.

Historical facts have disputed the OP's false claim that Dilibe Onyeama who is known historically to be the 2nd Black student to enroll at Eton, was the 1st Black to enroll, when the whole world celebrated Tokunbo Akintola, the 1st Black student enrollment at Eton in April 1964, 2 terms before Dilibe Onyema passed the entrance exam he failed the previous year.

I know your tribal pride has been hurt knowing an Igbo boy failed the entrance exam he had been preparing for since birth. More still, you are hurt that a Yoruba boy passed that very exam and was celebrated when he enrolled as the 1st black Student at Eton.

What has been seen cannot be unseen. What has become knowledge cannot be erased from the brain. You are already scarred by a humbling truth.

Your tribal agony, your trauma, your cross. Bear it alone with humility.

4 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by nanauju(f): 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Throwback:

Bury your head in the sand like the Ostrich that you are.

[s]No one has disputed the Head Teacher's apology to Dilibe Onyeama, the 1st black student to graduate from Eton.

Historical facts have disputed the OP's false claim that Dilibe Onyeama who is known historically to be the 2nd Black student to enroll at Eton, was the 1st Black to enroll, when the whole world celebrated Tokunbo Akintola, the 1st Black student enrollment at Eton in April 1964, 2 terms before Dilibe Onyema passed the entrance exam he failed the previous year.

I know your tribal pride has been hurt knowing an Igbo boy failed the entrance exam he had been preparing for since birth. More still you are hurt that a Yoruba boy passed that very exam and was celebrated when he enrolled as the 1st black Student at Eton.

Your tribal agony, your trauma, your cross. Bear it alone with humility.[/s]

Bleh Bleh Bleh

Here, off it goes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
thatigboman:
what da hell. U mean me an Aro man am not igbo?
Igbos rule ibibio in Arochukwu. Aba women's riot spead to ibibio land because ibibio are igbos

Who told you it is Aba women riot?
You steal and lie over history just like you lots did over Nsibidi.
Aba women riot happened in far Opobo land( Ikot Abasi) years ahead of any useless Aba whatever riots
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by icankel: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
koning:

The headmaster of Eton College has told the BBC he is "appalled" by the racism experienced by the first black person to complete his studies at the prestigious British public school.

Go and argue with the Headmaster of Eton College. He is the person in the best position to tell us who was "The first".
we really need History back in our schools
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by thatigboman: 12:00am On Jun 24, 2020
Hotice085:

Who told you it is Aba women riot?
You steal and lie over history just like you lots did over Nsibidi.
Aba women riot happened in far Opobo land( Ikot Abasi) years ahead of any useless Aba whatever riots
opobo is not igboland again? Jaja of opobo is from imo state. Which ikot abasi?

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by thatigboman: 12:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Hotice085:

People that sold your people to slavery...
comedy. Dem born any akwaibom man well to enter igbo hinterland to look for slave? My aro ancestors were the slave traders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by SmartyPants(m): 12:03am On Jun 24, 2020
zeusdgrt:

And he didn't refute it.

lol. You people make me laugh...The reporter wrote it in his report not that he put it to him face to face...

Nigerians.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 12:03am On Jun 24, 2020
thatigboman:
opobo is not igboland again? Jaja of opobo is from imo state. Which ikot abasi?

You be real MUMU! You never heard of province and divisions?
Under what division was Ikot Abasi ?
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by thatigboman: 12:05am On Jun 24, 2020
Hotice085:

You be real MUMU! You never heard of province and divisions?
Under what division was Ikot Abasi ?
ur papa real mumu

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by ttintted: 12:05am On Jun 24, 2020
saggis:
It is very nice of the Headmaster to apologise after all those years. The BLM movement is having some effect.
Yes the efforts of the movement is not in vain jare my brother
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 12:06am On Jun 24, 2020
thatigboman:
comedy. Dem born any akwaibom man well to enter igbo hinterland to look for slave? My aro ancestors were the slave traders.

Dem born any Aros man to see any ocean, even the ones that played Ekpe never venture into the slave depot in Itu
Who Aros de sell as Slaves?
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 12:08am On Jun 24, 2020
thatigboman:
ur papa real mumu

You be real FOOL inside out
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 12:09am On Jun 24, 2020
nanauju:

Bleh Bleh Bleh

Here, off it goes

Did you enjoy the video of Tokunbo Akintola packing his personal items and preparing for his historic resumption at Eton in April 1964?

Did you also enjoy the video when he eventually arrived at Eton and took pictures with his family?

Did you read the archived NewYork Times report from 1964, on that historic accomplishment in collaboration with your beloved Lagos-Ibadan media?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPm0iDhTUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRNOhS1UNPE

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/04/30/archives/first-negro-to-attend-eton-arrives-from-west-nigeria.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53062502

3 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Tribalism123(m): 12:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Throwback:

Not so fast clansman.

The 2 statements of yours in bold above are lies. Don't embellish and confuse the facts of 1st black to graduate/complete at Eton as carefully reported in the news with your own revision of 1st black in/at Eton.

Also, Ojukwu came very late to the African party at Oxford. His attendance there is not historic in any way when many other Africans/Nigerians had clinched the glory when even Ojukwu's father was yet to be born.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53062502

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/04/30/archives/first-negro-to-attend-eton-arrives-from-west-nigeria.html

The first Black student at Eton college was Tokunbo Akintola in April 1964, son of SLA Akintola the then Premier of Western Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPm0iDhTUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRNOhS1UNPE
(28 Apr 1964) 13-year-old Tokunbo Akintola will be the first Black African boy to attend Eton College. Tokunbo is the son of the Prime Minister of Western Nigeria.

The First Black student at Oxford University was a Creole from Sierra Leone, Christian Cole in 1873.

The first Nigerian to attend Oxford was the first Black woman to attend the School and graduate in 1935, Kofoworola Ademola (nee Moore), the daughter of Eric Olawolu Moore and later wife of Sir Adetokunbo Ademola, the first Nigerian Chief Justice of the Supreme court.

https://womenafrica.com/profiling-the-first-african-woman-to-earn-a-degree-from-oxford-university-in-the-1930s/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

https://www.oxfordstudent.com/2019/03/27/from-lady-ademola-to-carla-peterman-a-history-of-bame-women-at-oxford/

So how does an Ojukwu that graduated from Oxford in 1955, become the first Black/African at Oxford?

When Kofoworola Ademola graduated from Oxford in 1935, the barely 2yr old Ojukwu was still learning how to walk.

This must be IPOB Bureau of Statistics as usual.

Eton College said FIRST BLACK TO COMPLETE HIS STUDIES and not FIRST BLACK to dropout from ETON.

YORUBAS ARE DROPOUTS.

But wait o. YORUBA is talking and sourcing for materials to counter IGBO AMAKA, but where are the ABOKIS?

Which kind people that are not in Nigerian competition is even ruling us?
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by sageb: 12:37am On Jun 24, 2020
thatigboman:
for you to say that ibibios are igbos, it shows that you don't know the ibibios. If you want to argue with me about ethnic groups in Akwa Ibom, Rivers state, et al in Niger delta open a thread let's discuss. In your Igbos delusion everyone should be igbo to satisfy your aim, governor Udom emmanuel is igbo, Obong victor Attah is igbo,ufot Ekaette is igbo, umana umana is igbo, etc. Stop this nonsense attachment, Awo uneghe edoho eti owo so face your abia state that is filled with dirts and deathtrap roads and leave Akwa Abasi Ibom.

3 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Throwback: 12:38am On Jun 24, 2020
Tribalism123:

Eton College said FIRST BLACK TO COMPLETE HIS STUDIES and not FIRST BLACK to dropout from ETON.

YORUBAS ARE DROPOUTS.

But wait o. YORUBA is talking and sourcing for materials to counter IGBO AMAKA, but where are the ABOKIS?

Which kind people that are not in Nigerian competition is even ruling us?

Yes! Dilibe was the 1st Black to complete his studies at Eton, but not the 1st Black to attend Eton.

That is why I had to correct the OP who stretched the truth by claiming in his post that I quoted, that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st black student at Eton. Also lying about Ojukwu being the 1st Black student at Oxford.

But we know Tokunbo Akintola passed his entrance exam at 13yrs while Dilebe Onyeama failed that same year and had to take the exam when he was 14yrs, putting him 1 class behind his Yoruba agemate.

So in April 1964, Tokunbo Akintola became the 1st Black/African student to enroll at Eton, and it was widely reported by foreign media even in the USA.

Tokunbo Akintola's father was killed by Igbo soldiers led by Nwobosi in Jan 1966.

That incident probably led to the young brilliant lad exiting from the school to return to Nigeria or seek cheaper education in Britain.

And when did it become a crime or failure to change schools for reasons beyond academic? Does it mean Ojukwu "dropout" of Kings College in Lagos for the better College he attended in the UK?

What we know for certain is that he accomplished a feat at his 1st attempt where his fellow Nigerian failed while preparing since birth and had to try again 2 terms later, coming up 1 class behind Tokunbo Akintola.

3 Likes

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Tribalism123(m): 12:43am On Jun 24, 2020
Throwback:

Yes!

That is why I had to correct the OP who stretched the truth by claiming in his post that I quoted, that Dilibe Onyeama was the 1st black student at Eton. Also lying about Ojukwu being the 1st Black student at Oxford.

But we know Tokunbo Akintola passed his entrance exam at 13yrs while Dilebe Onyeama failed that same year and had to take the exam when he was 14yrs, putting him 1 class behind his Yoruba agemate.

So in April 1964, Tokunbo Akintola became the 1st Black/African student to enroll at Eton, and it was widely reported by foreign media even in the USA.

Tokunbo Akintola's father was killed by Igbo soldiers led by Nwobosi in Jan 1966.

That incident probably led to the young brilliant lad exiting from the school to return to Nigeria or seek cheaper education in Britain.

What we know for certain is that he accomplished a feat at his 1st attempt where his fellow Nigerian had to try again 2 terms later.

One sha complete
One sha drop out

One sha was killed
One sha later died.

Igbo AMAKA
YORUBA na Agbambo
Hausa/Fulani bu Aturu. Onwegi ihe ha passitara
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Blackking98(m): 12:48am On Jun 24, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Eastern men doing us proud. Kudos to Udo Udoma.
Aren't you tired of attaching?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Many Of You Remember Writing This On Your Notebooks? / Kogi State University Watching Basketball Match- See Photo / Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.