Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories (2001 Views)

Imagine What A Lady I Introduced To My Friend Did On There First Chat On FB / When you come across any Lady With the Entitlement Mentality, tell her this. / Please Nairalanders What Can You Say About This A Friend Did To Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
In the spirit of not sharing stories based on sex, sex, sex, let's try to celebrate friends who have sacrificed and probably laid down their lives for us (no one has died for me).

True friends are worth their weight in gold.

I have more acquaintances than close friends. All my life, I've always kept only two close friends. There was one time I got a third one out of greed and I paid dearly for it.

Okay, straight to the point. What has a friend done for me that is forever etched in my memory? I've got a story, school-related.

We had this very strict lecturer back in university. This man would not hesitate to serve you exam malpractice form if you as much as turn your head during exams. He does not smile or joke around like other lecturers.

He grouped the class into two and gave each batch projects to submit at different dates. I and one of my friends got into the first batch while the other was in the second. We were to submit ours first, the next lecture we had with him.

So on that day, we submitted the assignment and left the class to get pictures we took at another faculty.

One of my friends stayed behind as she was still writing notes. The plan was to get back to the hall before the lecture started. But for some reason, we got delayed.

After some minutes, my friend's phone started ringing, the lecturer had entered the class, and was calling the names of students who submitted their assignments to ensure they were present in class. OMG.

We left everything we were doing and rushed back to the hall. They kept calling her, different people.

At a point, I started asking myself why no one was calling me. I even made a mental note to put more effort into making friends.

When we finally got there, he was through with calling names and had started lecturing.

We sneaked into the class and found empty seats beside one of our course mates. She asked my friend, "Where were you? Everyone was calling you. The lecturer said he won't mark your assignment."

I had to ask, what of me, didn't he call my name? She answered, "Stella (not her real name), stood up for you."

I was still processing what she said. I was like how? She said everyone was surprised when she stood up because they were like, this is not me.

Wow! I felt both relief and one very sweet feeling in my heart. I couldn't wait for the lecture to end so I could rush and give my friend a big hug, and I did, after the class though. "Thank you," I said, hugging her and pecking her continuously on the cheek.

Here I was thinking no one cared about me since I didn't get any call, not knowing someone made a big sacrifice considering how dangerous the lecturer can be. Not even minding that she is yet to submit her assignment and the man might remember her face.

True friends are really worth their weight in gold.

Do you have a story to share? Let's read them!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by ghettokid1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
Came to read comments
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by SafetyFirst(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
OK
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by ashewoboy(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
she helped me ease konjicheesy. sweet girl.
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by paulolee(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
back den wen i was dead broke..an old friend credited my aza with huge sum and invited me over d next week to give me a nice payin street job dt i enjoyed while it lasted...Festus, na GOD go de bless u de go, i no kno watin u de do for real bt them no go catch u..

12 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by callmeRichie(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
lemme stay here a bit
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by decatalyst(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
ashewoboy:
she helped me ease konjicheesy. sweet girl.

That's FWB!

1 Like

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by obembet(f): 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
M
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by sirzee1660(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
some friends can not be forgotten, a friend who lend me some money so that I can payoff my sch fees even though he hasn't pay his ...Emma God will always bless you

6 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good friends are everything.
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Ikegift4real(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
my course mate that year, blessing overhead me and my best friend discussing how we have not eaten since night, she came close to me and squeezed #500 into my hands, although I was expecting money the next day.
I felt so happy and I have sworn to bless her real good someday.

6 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
paulolee:
back den wen i was dead broke..an old friend credited my aza with huge sum and invited me over d next week to give me a nice payin street job dt i enjoyed while it lasted...Festus, na GOD go de bless u de go, i no kno watin u de do for real bt them no go catch u..

Lol, this is funny
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by paulolee(m): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Nooil:

Lol, this is funny
yeah....d guy hand no pure...he returned from ghana den n bombed street badly with 3 bad machines and now he is currently in dubai still balling..

1 Like

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
paulolee:

yeah....d guy hand no pure...he returned from ghana den n bombed street badly with 3 bad machines and now he is currently in dubai still balling..

Crazy
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Affable0709(m): 11:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
I had some money while in school, and I gradually squandered it, but I was feeling sick. I went to the school medical center and they tested me for malaria but it came out negative (They were wrong).
By this time, I'd already finished the money I had and the illness became worse as I couldn't go to school.
Then my friend surprised me by buying malaria drugs for me and I became well.

Shame catch me die. I had 20k and couldn't treat up because of wrong Medical report.

Sammy, you have my respect, any time, any day.

I returned the favor too in a different way though.

4 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Eryyy92: 12:33am On Jun 24, 2020
we wey no get better friends nko
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Fidelismaria: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2020

friends?

friends?

Haqhaqhaq

The only wonderful thing my friend did for me was borrow my money and not return it

fvck friends

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
Fidelismaria:

friends?

friends?

Haqhaqhaq

The only wonderful thing my friend did for me was borrow my money and not return it

fvck friends

Just say you don't keep friends na. Na fight? undecided
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Lamanii22(f): 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
Me I don't even have friends... My siblings are the only friends I have got... They've done so much for me eehn... Maybe cause I'm the lastborn idk but they are very nice to me... They are currently helping with my tuition fee.... It doesn't even seem as if I had lost my job sef .. I really appreciate them...

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Liposure: 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lamanii22:
Me I don't even have friends... My siblings are the only friends I have got... They've done so much for me eehn... Maybe cause I'm the lastborn idk but they are very nice to me... They are currently helping with my tuition fee.... It doesn't even seem as if I had lost my job sef .. I really appreciate them...
u dont look like a friendless person. am surprised

1 Like

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lamanii22:

Family over everything. I get you.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
Liposure:
u dont look like a friendless person. am surprised

When are you going to audit your Twitter account? You have lots of crazy tweets there.
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
He gave me 100k for my wedding and the suit he paid for that he ought to use as my best man, he permitted me to give it to someone else since he would not be able to make it to the wedding...

Next, another friend hooked me up on a deal that gave me 800k and didn't even want %. NB: he ain't rich or something.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Liposure: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nooil:

When are you going to audit your Twitter account? You have lots of crazy tweets there.
?
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
She was a nurse
I was critically and exceptionally broke and I fell sick along the way. I trekked from Akute to Yakoyo in a hot sun with my head banging like it was gonna explode.
When she saw me she was shocked cos I didn't look like someone she knew before. She kept asking why it took me so long to reach out to her. Me that didn't even have phone then (stolen) embarassed

She took me in sharparly, treated me free of charge and credited my account with a speed of light. Can never forget some people in this life

4 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
ejibaba:
He gave me 100k for my wedding and the suit he paid for that he ought to use as my best man, he permitted me to give it to someone else since he would not be able to make it to the wedding...

Next, another friend hooked me up on a deal that gave me 800k and didn't even want %. NB: he ain't rich or something.

You've got good friends.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Dicktion:
She was a nurse
I was critically and exceptionally broke and I fell sick along the way. I trekked from Akute to Yakoyo in a hot sun with my head banging like it was gonna explode.
When she saw me she was shocked cos I didn't look like someone she knew before. She kept asking why it took me so long to reach out to her. Me that didn't even have phone then (stolen) embarassed

She took me in sharparly, treated me free of charge and credited my account with a speed of light. Can never forget some people even in death

Eeyah
Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by shestrong(f): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
I love my family for always having my back.

7 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
shestrong:
I was sick to a point that i almost died,i couldn't do anything for myself..
My younger sister left school to come take care of me, bath me, feed me,clear my poop, wash my buttocks,slept on the floor in the hospital..i cannot say it all.She never left me until i got well. She always comes through for me. She is my best friend!
I have another wonderful friend Sandra who does things for me with d whole of her heart and is intentional about everything she does for me just because of one little favour i did for her in d past. I appreciate you both so much and i love my family for always having my back.

Younger sisters are angels. They shouldn't even be grouped as friends.

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Wonderful Thing A Friend Did For You? Come And Share Your Stories by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lamanii22:

All hail the mighty last borns grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Startup a P.O.S Business that will make you Money every single day! / Ladies Beware Of These Men. / I Hate My Lover Currently Don't Know Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.