Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Preaching Etiquette - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching Etiquette (26705 Views)

Preaching Etiquette As A Guest Speaker / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preaching Etiquette by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

ohh, really? na Enugu you dey, no wonder.
I was thinking u dey Lagos here with me ni ooh.

@bolded, since na Enugu you dey, the option for now na to "Stay Safe"

I might still call you up when a good religious topic come up here. wink I can see u are a good religious sister.
LOL. Call me up when anything comes up. I'm not only religious.LOL I'm.many things. I don't even think I'm religious at all. I'm just me believing in a supreme being. Hoping the world could be as perfect as nature had made it to be.

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
LOL. Call me up when anything comes up. I'm not only religious.LOL I'm.many things. I don't even think I'm religious at all. I'm just me believing in a supreme being. Hoping the world could be as perfect as nature had made it to be.

nice one.

I gat you, babe.

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by seyi360(m): 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

nice one.

I gat you, babe.

Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
seyi360:

There should be a limit to what a preacher says about his past life especially while preaching.
When a preacher says
"back in the days, I slept around with my mother's mates"
"I used to be a serial fornicator and rapist"
"I was a murderer and a burglar " etc

Really? And you're proud of such acts? I think that clearly is the height of ecclesiastical insensitivity.

Such unguarded statements has the tendency of poking unhealed wounds in the hearts of some of your listeners , opening you up to temptations and easily making you a victim of extended hatred.

You're called to be a healer, not a killer.

Lolz!
I concur. I feel sometimes it's said out of nostalgia. A bit of pride too.

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
seyi360:

Hehehe

what's up, my brother?
Re: Preaching Etiquette by seyi360(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

what's up, my brother?

Just checking up on you and your runs

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
seyi360:

Just checking up on you and your runs

all happening under your thread, abi? grin grin

I hail u, gee.

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by seyi360(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

all happening under your thread, abi? grin grin

I hail u, gee.

There is nothing Choir master will not hear from inside vestry

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
seyi360:
There is nothing Choir master will not hear from inside vestry

abi naah grin
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2020
EwuGambia:
Go and tell pastor Adeboye, shebi he said he used to be a playboy...with many galfriends undecided
But then i think there is a need to make the sinners know that you once used to be like them, and you were saved (if you were really saved undecided)
You really believe adeboye was a player? undecided
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jun 29, 2020
DennisEche:
Seyi360 big ups to you for bring on this topic. Any time I hear a preacher boasting about his women excesses in the past , it sounds so awkward and not necessary.

Those who boast are probably not being led by the Spirit of God there. But when followers of Jesus Christ( born agains) allow the Spirit of God to lead them, He in fact uses there story to reach those in the audience who need to be reached.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Jun 29, 2020
Joedoyle:
I think most Pastors need to read/study Guidance and Counselling in the University before taking up the microphone.I think most Pastors need to read/study Guidance and Counselling in the University before taking up the microphone.I think most Pastors need to read/study Guidance and Counselling in the University before taking up the microphone.
Guidance and counseling for what? undecided
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Dangrace01:
What I know is whenever pastors preach about past life what comes to my mind is so you have finished enjoying your life and have memorable experience and you don't want me to do my own and have my experience then repent.

Allow me to enjoy myself have experience then I can now repent.

Lol... just as Jesus Christ's own teaching during His time on earth did not reach many, we should expect preachers not to be able to reach everyone with the message that the Spirit of God living inside those of them who are born again has to share.

Remember, preaching of Jesus Christ's message is not in order to reach everyone but to reach those who are ready to be reached. That is why the Spirit may choose to use the past history of the one preaching in the way He chooses.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Jun 29, 2020
SavageMaster:

If, however, the preacher just wants to prove he's been a bad boy too, then it's not good; it adds no spiritual value to the listeners
A born again preacher would not do such anyways.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Jun 29, 2020
Ellegacy:

Exactly my own thoughts too.. I use to think, if you can do this things I can too and eventually repent. Have an experience like that too and have a great tale to tell in the future.
Telling you their story is not saying you cannot choose to continue in sin. They are simply telling their story. You still have a decision of your own to make. Their revelation can never take that away from you. undecided
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 3:28am On Jun 29, 2020
lefulefu:
thats what some of the readers who reacted to the interview where saying..though some few were defending the pastor and saying the ususall jargon of touch not my anointed
I have heard stories of God causing people to turn themselves in for crimes committed in the past after they turned their lives to Jesus Christ.
A preacher who however goes on to boast of his crimes, I doubt is of God.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Jun 29, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
the Koko be say, keep your past evil deeds between you and God and preach to people without scaring them. you were a murderer and you want to use that to preach?
oga, that would make people fear you more, thinking that you are still the same evil man who's just using pastorism to cover up while still go back and commit the evil when it is dark.
preach your preach and don't scare people with you evil deeds (past) thinking you are doing the Lord's work.
stay blessed, bro.
If you have evil deeds from your past you are unwilling to accept as part of the story that is you, you should not even bother becoming a follower of Jesus Christ until you are willing to SUBMIT that past in its entirety to God for Him to use as He pleases. Do you think you have control over what you can say or not say when God is driving? Think again!
Remember, He said you have to die to your ego (die to self, surrendering all control over your life in the process) if you want to be His follower. Expect Him to use your story for His glory. He did it to His own apostles, He will do it to you too. undecided
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Joedoyle(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Guidance and counseling for what? undecided
That will teach them how to communicate to a falling member
Re: Preaching Etiquette by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If you have evil deeds from your past you are unwilling to accept as part of the story that is you, you should not even bother becoming a follower of Jesus Christ until you are willing to SUBMIT that past in its entirety to God for Him to use as He pleases. Do you think you have control over what you can say or not say when God is driving? Think again!
Remember, He said you have to die to your ego (die to self, surrendering all control over your life in the process) if you want to be His follower. Expect Him to use your story for His glory. He did it to His own apostles, He will do it to you too. undecided

since you no wan hear word, that all you have been doing na twisting of points, no wahala.

go ahead and tell people how you used to kill people in the past before you became a pastor.

the Lord be with you.

stay blessed, bro.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by cevek11: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2020
What if it was armed robbery, would you still have this position?
Re: Preaching Etiquette by EwuGambia: 8:25am On Jun 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You really believe adeboye was a player? undecided
Hahaha....you feel he was telling lies?..
Dont allow his congregation drag you, the way oyakhilomes people wan use curse kill me yesterday grin

Re: Preaching Etiquette by Ellegacy(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2020
Dangrace01:

What is life without experiences bro. You are the sum total of your experiences. Enjoy life with us, it's a beautiful trip

Cheers to that bro
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

since you no wan hear word, that all you have been doing na twisting of points, no wahala.

go ahead and tell people how you used to kill people in the past before you became a pastor.
the Lord be with you.
stay blessed, bro.
What points have been twisted? Why not specify so i can maybe clarify?
If you used to kill people and you have not served time for that crime, you ought to be in jail for it.

That apart, preachers preach from that which the Spirit requires of them.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
EwuGambia:

Hahaha....you feel he was telling lies?..
Dont allow his congregation drag you, the way oyakhilomes people wan use curse kill me yesterday grin

Na wa... it's just that some of the stories no dey add up sometimes

1 Like

Re: Preaching Etiquette by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What points have been twisted? Why not specify so i can maybe clarify?
If you used to kill people and you have not served time for that crime, you ought to be in jail for it.

That apart, preachers preach from that which the Spirit requires of them.

alrighty.

stay blessed, bro.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
Joedoyle:
That will teach them how to communicate to a falling member
Is a degree better at teaching Communication skills than tge Spirit of the Living God? undecided
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Joedoyle(m): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Is a degree better at teaching Communication skills than tge Spirit of the Living God? undecided
I said "Most Pastors...", not all. Think of what happen to Paul and why God choose him to preach/teach the Gentiles directly. Why didn't God use Christ eleven disciples for the work? Not that the were not good enough but he had reasons. Think of Moses, why didn't God use someone else to deliver the children of Israel at that time? Well, am sure you should know how wise Moses was and that he was at that time the most educated amongst all Israelites. Most pastors need to pass through a highly diversified training in order to communicate safely with her members. The Holy Spirit helps in application. Remember, a humble, obedient and sincere man will not restrict a success workforce to development.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Joedoyle:
I said "Most Pastors...", not all. Think of what happen to Paul and why God choose him to preach/teach the Gentiles directly. Why didn't God use Christ eleven disciples for the work? Not that the were not good enough but he had reasons.
See, but Paul was not the only one sent to the gentiles.

Remember Peter, He was the first one sent tp gentiles. Eventually, others followed, like Phillips, and so on.

Yes , paul had his background as a Pharisee/Sadducee, but that didn't necessarily make him any better than the others.
Joedoyle:

Think of Moses, why didn't God use someone else to deliver the children of Israel at that time? Well, am sure you should know how wise Moses was and that he was at that time the most educated amongst all Israelites.
With, Moses, i doubt it was his oratory that won God over.
Joedoyle:

Most pastors need to pass through a highly diversified training in order to communicate safely with her members. The Holy Spirit helps in application. Remember, a humble, obedient and sincere man will not restrict a success workforce to development.
You forget the major example here. Jesus Christ, remember, was an uneducated son of a carpenter. Yet, by the Spirit of God, He was not only able to gather people to Himself, but also to cause the religious establishment of His day to decide His death was the best course for them.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Na wa... it's just that some of the stories no dey add up sometimes

Kobojunkie, I tot you were American Until I heard you use words like "gbam!" Now it's "na wa" so you're a typical Nigerian man. Good to know though.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Jun 30, 2020
Eulalia:

Kobojunkie, I tot you were American Until I heard you use words like "gbam!" Now it's "na wa" so you're a typical Nigerian man. Good to know though.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preaching Etiquette by Joedoyle(m): 6:56am On Jun 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

See, but Paul was not the only one sent to the gentiles.

Remember Peter, He was the first one sent tp gentiles. Eventually, others followed, like Phillips, and so on.

Yes , paul had his background as a Pharisee/Sadducee, but that didn't necessarily make him any better than the others.
With, Moses, i doubt it was his oratory that won God over.

You forget the major example here. Jesus Christ, remember, was an uneducated son of a carpenter. Yet, by the Spirit of God, He was not only able to gather people to Himself, but also to cause the religious establishment of His day to decide His death was the best course for them.
More problems can be solved if humans humble themselves for all necessary training. Do you really think the past scholars, teachers, preacher or prophets will condemn the locked-down order? I doubt that because if we as Christians want the Bible prophesy to come to pass then, we'll appreciate fastening our commitment to God and let his word come to pass. A trained scholar will advice that and not to mislead.
Re: Preaching Etiquette by Thunderdon: 8:42am On Jun 30, 2020
cooltola:

You are missing the point and i get your point of view. It is okay for a preacher to say i used to steal, kill or whatever sin they used to do. But it is very wrong for them to go into details , it is like they are bragging about their past life and most do not sound remorseful. Imagine an ex governor going into details how he loot people's salaries for his personal gain and how lavished the money even though he has repented and he is born again , someone may want to kill him because it is offensive The same apply to the church, it is offensive to some members.
I Get Ur Point Sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? / What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.