Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,041 members, 7,953,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. (4377 Views)

Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Why People Are Atheists? / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daejoyoung:

I know that deists are not atheists, my point is that they don't believe in any religious god like you but that doesn't mean they should be called atheists just simply because they don't subscribe to any religious God ( like atheists). The reason deists are not atheists is that they answer YES to the concept of God ( not necessarily the religious idea of God) while atheists answer NO to both the religious idea and the philosophical concepts.

So I see no reason why you'll have to define Deism for me. My post didn't warrant that, this is why I said you are funny.
Lol...
This is your post bro...

"Are deists also atheists? if so, then everyone is an atheist, and then the term atheism becomes meaningless."

You asked if deists are Atheists. Your next sentence shows that it is in the affirmative. This is why i showed you the meaning of Deism.

Deists and Atheists are not the same. Someone cannot be an atheist and be bothered with trying to prove the existence of God or god's!

For you to be an atheist, that means bye-bye to any God related believe system!
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xavfra:

Okay......

See photo attached below......

I doubt it's possible to be the both at the same time .....
grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Open-minded do not reject opinions... they respect them since it is clear in many cases that you cannot disprove all beliefs as far as the mind is concerned.
Not true! Open-mindedness does not attempt to destroy any such because the open-minded understands the need for some of these delusions, even in the face of reason. grin
1) Opinions get rejected, facts do not! Respecting an opinion doesn't equate to acceptance!

2) Someone already posted the meaning of open-mindedness. I won't stress on it.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Daejoyoung: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:

Lol...
This is your post bro...

"Are deists also atheists? if so, then everyone is an atheist, and then the term atheism becomes meaningless."

You asked if deists are Atheists. Your next sentence shows that it is in the affirmative. This is why i showed you the meaning of Deism.

Deists and Atheists are not the same. Someone cannot be an atheist and be bothered with trying to prove the existence of God or god's!

For you to be an atheist, that means bye-bye to any God related believe system!
Lol, my next sentence wasn't showing the affirmative to that question. The "if so" in that sentence was conditional. That post was not saying deists are atheists, but on the contrary, trying to show the weakness of affirming so, to make you realize the futility of using the term "atheist" generically.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daejoyoung:

The bolded is not true. Again are deists religious? no they are not.

If a creator exist, then it answers a major philosophical question concerning the concept of God. You can say we should not worship the creator or call the creator God, but you would be in line with many theists who believe in a creator, as the answer to why we are here.
The question is, why do you believe there is a creator?
2) Who told you this person is a creator?
3) Why do you think this creator is one of the religious god's?

When are you guys going to learn that the Uncaused First Cause theory is a Logical Fallacy propagated by religion?
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Daejoyoung: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:

The question is, why do you believe there is a creator?
2) Who told you this person is a creator?
3) Why do you think this creator is one of the religious god's?

When are you guys going to learn that the Uncaused First Cause theory is a Logical Fallacy propagated by religion?

1) Because it is more likely than unguarded evolution of everything.
2) Because it likely created everything or at least directed evolution.
3) Maybe, Maybe not.

It was propagated by the Christian philosopher Thomas Aquinas as well as Muslim philosophers, all in answer to philosophical questions.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daejoyoung:

If you define atheism like this, then it is a useless term and loses its meaning because apart from universalists, everyone disbelieves in one God or the other, simply saying we are all atheists to some thing, makes no difference.

The term atheism is now specifically used to distinguish people who do not entertain the question of God ( any God ) as necessary.
Nah...@bolded.
"...The term Atheism is specifically used to distinguish people who do not entertain the question of other people's God (or any God) as necessary!"
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Lol, my next sentence wasn't showing the affirmative to that question. The "if so" in that sentence was conditional. That post was not saying deists are atheists, but on the contrary, trying to show the weakness of affirming so, to make you realize the futility of using the term "atheist" generically.
But I'm not using the term generically na.

I'm just trying to let you know that Atheism is a state of the mind to something. In this case, Disbelief of God or gods.

You guys are the ones limiting its scope to people who don't believe in any God at all. That's not what the definition says, but that is what you guys are insisting on!
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If that be the case, why do you spend so much time here? undecided

I enjoy reading cheesy grin
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:
1) Opinions get rejected, facts do not! Respecting an opinion doesn't equate to acceptance!
But you need to stick to the definitions here...

Open-mindedness is receptiveness to new ideas. Open-mindedness relates to the way in which people approach the views and knowledge of others, and It means to be respected as a mindless person.

IamMichael:
2) Someone already posted the meaning of open-mindedness. I won't stress on it.
I did that.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xavfra:
I enjoy reading cheesy grin
You enjoy reading what exactly? About an idea of which you assign no relevance? undecided
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You enjoy reading what exactly? About an idea of which you assign no relevance? undecided

Yes.....

Someone might make a good point grin
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xavfra:
Yes..... Someone might make a good point grin.
Meaning then you are not indeed an apatheist since you hold out onto hope there that you are wrong grin
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Meaning then you are not indeed an apatheist since you hold out onto hope there that you are wrong grin

You're making a good point doesn't stop me from being an apatheist.......

That's the essence of being an apatheist because even God comes down to earth, I don't care.....it doesn't stop me from reading what his people have to say
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xavfra:
You're making a good point doesn't stop me from being an apatheist.......
That's the essence of being an apatheist because even God comes down to earth, I don't care.....it doesn't stop me from reading what his people have to say
Are you sure you are an apatheist then? undecided
An apatheist

is someone who is not interested in accepting or rejecting any claims that gods exist or do not exist. The existence of God(s) is not rejected but may be designated irrelevant.
Well, you sound more like an agnostic than an apatheist because there is interest still in you.

ag·nos·tic
/aɡˈnästik/

a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daejoyoung:

1) Because it is more likely than unguarded evolution of everything.
2) Because it likely created everything or at least directed evolution.
3) Maybe, Maybe not.

It was propagated by the Christian philosopher Thomas Aquinas as well as Muslim philosophers, all in answer to philosophical questions.

You have still repeated my point that it is something propagated by religion.

All of the things you have stated above have failed simple logic.

People who dwell in the realm of logic are using it for useful things rather than propose unfounded philosophies they cannot prove.

That we are communicating now through a wireless network is because people thought outside of the box and logically came up with practical ways of enhancing long distance communication.

If such people were clinging to superstitious beliefs that only god's and messengers disburse messages to far distance lands, we won't be using smartphones.

So long as you can logically conceptualise a thing, doing it becomes easy. Religionists have a restricted world view of things. One thing you realise the moment you leave religious holds, you become more logical and more curious. You will never accept anything at face value again because you will realise that things are mostly not what you think them to be.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But you need to stick to the definitions here...

I did that.
What you have been saying is your opinion... You have not stated a fact.

You can only rebuff a fact with a better fact!
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:

What you have been saying is your opinion... You have not stated a fact.

You can only rebuff a fact with a better fact!
While you provided your opinion on the issue, I stuck with the facts. grin
It was not an opinion. That definition came from
Open-mindedness is receptiveness to new ideas. Open-mindedness relates to the way in which people approach the views and knowledge of others, and It means to be respected as a mindless person. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-mindedness
This one is from the dictionary! grin
o·pen-mind·ed
/ˈˌōpən ˈˌmīndid/

willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Daejoyoung: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:

You have still repeated my point that it is something propagated by religion.

All of the things you have stated above have failed simple logic.

People who dwell in the realm of logic are using it for useful things rather than propose unfounded philosophies they cannot prove.

That we are communicating now through a wireless network is because people thought outside of the box and logically came up with practical ways of enhancing long distance communication.

If such people were clinging to superstitious beliefs that only god's and messengers disburse messages to far distance lands, we won't be using smartphones.

So long as you can logically conceptualise a thing, doing it becomes easy. Religionists have a restricted world view of things. One thing you realise the moment you leave religious holds, you become more logical and more curious. You will never accept anything at face value again because you will realise that things are mostly not what you think them to be.
lol, in a nutshell you are saying religious people are not as logical as you are, that's simply ridiculous.

Religious people have invented more things in this world than atheists have ever done(and atheists have always been around from the time of Epicurus at least), so don't connect atheism and intellect by default.

Even the big bang theory was first propagated by a catholic priest in the 20th century ( a century full of atheists).

Not all Religous people accept anything at face value.

The philosophy is not unfounded, and we are still thinking deeply about these questions today.
Don't you think there is a probability that atheists generally are the ones not thinking deeply enough.

When you think deeply, you leave religion. That however is only the first step, when you think deeply enough, you know better than to pride in either atheism or religion .
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daejoyoung:

lol, in a nutshell you are saying religious people are not as logical as you are, that's simply ridiculous.

Religious people have invented more things in this world than atheists have ever done(and atheists have always been around from the time of Epicurus at least), so don't connect atheism and intellect by default.

Even the big bang theory was first propagated by a catholic priest in the 20th century ( a century full of atheists).

Not all Religous people accept anything at face value.

The philosophy is not unfounded, and we are still thinking deeply about these questions today.
Don't you think there is a probability that atheists generally are the ones not thinking deeply enough.

When you think deeply, you leave religion. That however is only the first step, when you think deeply enough, you know better than to pride in either atheism or religion .
You guys ehh.

Don't all religious persons believe in God?

Is there any Proof provided by any Religion as to the existence of any God?

In law, he who asserts must prove. You are the one saying there is God, not the Atheist.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
While you provided your opinion on the issue, I stuck with the facts. grin
It was not an opinion. That definition came from

This one is from the dictionary! grin

I think you are confusing me with someone else. Check very well!
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:

I think you are confusing me with someone else. Check very well!
That is not even a thing! lipsrsealed
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are you sure you are an apatheist then? undecided

Well, you sound more like an agnostic than an apatheist because there is interest still in you.

I understand your point......

An agnostic wants to change, wants evidence......

An apatheist doesn't care

I still read the Bible .....it doesn't in any way rekindle Christianity in me

Thanks for this great conversation.....I appreciate..... good night.......

cool shocked
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xavfra:

I understand your point......
An agnostic wants to change, wants evidence......
An apatheist doesn't care.....
I still read the Bible .....it doesn't in any way rekindle Christianity in me.....
Thanks for this great conversation.....I appreciate..... good night.......
cool shocked
grin

1 Like

Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
That is not even a thing! lipsrsealed
If that is the case, what exactly are you saying against or for the OP?
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:
If that is the case, what exactly are you saying against or for the OP?
Dude, you need to work on your logic skills! grin
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by shadeyinka(m): 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
IamMichael:
Christians and Muslims are Atheists to other religious god's, they just went one god further!

Atheism simply means disbelief in religious god's. So, next time you decide to denigrate another unbeliever, remember you are also denigrating yourself!!!
Why are you exhibiting so much ignorance. Christians and Muslims do not disbelief in the existence of other gods. Such gods are treated as imposter-gods who are not in the creator God

According to the definition of Atheism, a belief in at least one god/God make one NOT an atheist.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Bacteriologist(m): 12:26am On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The same can be said about your atheistic beliefs though. If you really thought about it, you would understand how futile all these attempts by your person really are.
After all, by coming here regularly and creating these threads, you do believe you are right, and all religions are wrong, don't you? undecided
So fall in line, cause you are IT too! grin

As an atheist, I don't necessarily say "you are wrong. "

I say "I am not convinced you are right."

Two very different statements.

1 Like

Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Bacteriologist(m): 12:28am On Jul 02, 2020
shadeyinka:

Why are you exhibiting so much ignorance. Christians and Muslims do not disbelief in the existence of other gods. Such gods are treated as imposter-gods who are not in the creator God

According to the definition of Atheism, a belief in at least one god/God make one NOT an atheist.

"All other gods, they are the works of men..."

"I will never worship man made god; man made god" are popular Christian songs.

"No god except Allah" is a popular phrase in the religion of Islam.

Nice try but you failed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Jul 02, 2020
Bacteriologist:
As an atheist, I don't necessarily say "you are wrong. "
I say "I am not convinced you are right."
Two very different statements.
I have read a lot more of the "You are wrong" responses from the so-called atheists on here than I have of the "I am not convinced you are right." responses though. undecided undecided
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by IamMichael(m): 5:52am On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Dude, you need to work on your logic skills! grin
A christian is telling a Freethinker to work on his logic skills.
Joke of the century!

You need your own advice better than me.
Re: All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. by LordReed(m): 7:29am On Jul 02, 2020
This is a bit of tongue in cheek humour taken too far. This is not a strenuous argument for how religious people are also atheist, it is just a bit of word play to show that religious people don't apply the same standard of scrutiny they apply to the religion of others to their own.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? / Meet The Handsome Sons Of 5 Popular Nigerian Pastors(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.