Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (37051 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Pray Together? by tete(f): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2007
Sometime when bad things happen as humans we wonder why God allows them to happen to us, but if we remember that God ways are not ours nor is God's mind like ours and that God is always in control of every situation then we can have some semblance of understanding.

Obanikoro my brother, it is well, God is in control and on top of the situation. You and the family of your 2nd mum are in my prayers.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2007
olowotee
22 year old Chinelo Nwafor had an accident last week at Suleja, Abuja, that affected her spinal cord and she is now unable to move. She was on her way to report for her NYSC. Her parents are workers in the vineyard. The doctors at National Hospital say nothing can be done and she must be flown to Isreal or Germany . Please pray for a miracle of healing and don't let the chain end with you. forward to as many as would join faith with us"

tasiana
my prayer request is for Gods Guardiance and protection upon my life and his wisdom to deal with the politics and a lot of bad blood presently going on in my office.I ve Faith because nothing is too big for Our God to do

obanikoro
I lost someone very close to me last week and I have been so down ever since. I however thank God and will never ask Him why it happened this way. I believe He knows and also blivs the lady is now resting in peace.

I would want u guys to pray for the lady's family, the AKPOKONAS - her husband, children and relatives. Her 1st child is about 19-20yrs and now has the responsibility of being the mother and wife of the house

tete
A friend of mine just lost her husband. He was to undergo surgery. Anesthesia was administered to him and he never woke up. He was young and they have a child (about 2yrs old).

mijd
Please let us also pray for the peace of this country and more particularly the more restive areas, that God will intervene in bringing lasting peace to these places. similarly, lets pray that God should grant the govt. the wisdom to pilot the affairs of this nation that would lead to progress, development, economic growth and stability etc

Olowotee
I'll like you to say a word of prayer for me, that God will perfect all that concerns me. I'm looking forward to receiving an award in November, 2007 of which i have been nominated, please do pray that the name of the Lord will be glorified and all things will work out perfectly.

Olowotee
Kindly pray for all Nairalanders that are participating in the forth-coming Graduate Fair July 26th-27th, that the divine favour of the Lord will locate them. May they be divinely uplifted and have GOOD TESTIMONIES

Obanikoro
i heard about the death of my half brother. He was just 25yrs old and preparing to go for NYSC this Sept. Please pray for my family, that God will see us through all the hurdles that are on, and will come, our way.

Also pray for a guy that was tested HIV +. He is hoping for a miracle and believes God can heal him. Do u believe that? Then bring his case before the God than can do it.

Uchetobi
two catholic corpers died on their way to a catholic retreat at Osun state. please lets pray for their families that God will give them the fortitude to bear the loss, and God heals all the injured victims that are still in the hospital

wifeypenth
Please i have an interview on the 22nd of august concerning my career, the devil has been having his way other times,but this time God has promised me that i'll find favour. I want you to please support me with your prayers

Obanikoro
lets pray for those that will be attempting the 1st bank test all over nigeria. Lets also pray for safe trip for those traveling for it.

Olowotee
I've got a friend who is writing her professional exams this week. Please do pray that God's favour would reach her and grant unto her Good success

Olowotee
Please, let's do pray that the coming of the Lord will not take us unaware

Obanikoro
My best friend in my office died on saturday 1st sept. please pray for me as this is just too overwhelming for me to handle. She left beyind young kids with the youngest about 7-8yrs old. Pray for the family too. please pray for God's peace and consolation for them and for her friends. She lived a good life on earth

Hamabra
please let pray for this country for focus and direction, we need Him more than ever before
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2007
@Everyone

above are most of the prayer points that have been posted on this thread. I'm sure we have forgotten some of them that's why I copied and brought them into a single post, so we can continue to P.U.S.H (Pray Until Sometin Happens).

I also thank as many that prayed for me concerning the death of my friend. God will bless all of u. I'm trying to adjust to her absence but its not just clicking. I know they say time heals, I pray it happens dat way.

I also want to share sometin with us: this lady was my best friend in my office and the 2nd Best friend I have ever had; but I didnt tell her. I know she must have known I take her as a friend; but she neva knew she was the BEST.

Why am I saying this? If u love som1, tell that person now because u may neva have the chance to do so later. I am not saying this to scare any1, it just reality. I neva really told her how much she meant to me. Even though it showed in my actions, she wouldnt have known to wat extent it was. This not restricted to relationships and marriage alone. Tell ur friends, family members u love them and u will see how hapi u will be. Even wen they eventually leave.

I love all of u and really cherish this bond! Thanks for being a part of my world.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by jayvin01: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2007
obanikoro2:

@Everyone

above are most of the prayer points that have been posted on this thread. I'm sure we have forgotten some of them that's why I copied and brought them into a single post, so we can continue to P.US.H (Pray Until Sometin Happens).

I also thank as many that prayed for me concerning the death of my friend. God will bless all of u. I'm trying to adjust to her absence but its not just clicking. I know they say time heals, I pray it happens that way.

I also want to share sometin with us: this lady was my best friend in my office and the 2nd Best friend I have ever had; but I didnt tell her. I know she must have known I take her as a friend; but she never knew she was the BEST.

Why am I saying this? If u love som1, tell that person now because u may never have the chance to do so later. I am not saying this to scare anyone, it just reality. I never really told her how much she meant to me. Even though it showed in my actions, she wouldnt have known to what extent it was. This not restricted to relationships and marriage alone. Tell your friends, family members u love them and u will see how hapi u will be. Even when they eventually leave.

I love all of u and really cherish this bond! Thanks for being a part of my world.

U from Global Harvest?

Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2007
@jayvin01

I dont understand wat u mean by "u from Global Harvest?"

I assume u are talking about the church, GLOBAL HARVEST. But no, I havent been there.

Why did u ask anyway?

U from Global Harvest? grin
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2007
Thank God i stumble on this post, something happened to me yesterday and till now am not out of it.

During my family morning devotion yesterday, my home phone rang, we had to answer the call in between the devotion, when we return to devotion i had an intrusion that we ve erred, we asked for forgiveness and continued our devotion.

Few minutes afterwards, the phone rang again, my wife picked it again,because it was an international call.i wasn't comfortable with it but,went ahead to round off the meeting with GOD.

On my way to the office, i had to stop over at the airport, over there, i needed to make a call, i deep my hand in my trouser pocket, to my greatest surprise, my mobile phone was missing.You can imagine what happened afterward!

When i asked myself but why?, God told me that recently i ve been unattached from my phones, that i had the effontery to hang Him on to answer a mere creation of HIM.

When we pray, give Him your total attention. No distractions!!! pls, learn from me.

i paid (more than 600 contacts) dearly for that!

Even now, am weeping inside of me not for the phone or contact but, for what GOD said about it!!!

pls, could you join me to ask for forgiveness from HIM who is merciful in abundance!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2007
undecided
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2007
@femib26

I'm sure He has forgiven you (if your prayer was from a sincere and broken heart). Do u know I had a ministration like that this morning? As I was going to the office, these tots came to me:

You fear your boss more than you fear Me (God) even though I have the power to crush him (boss)

You respect the richest man more than u respect Me, even though I was the one that gave him the wealth.

You love your spouse/partner more than u love Me even when I gave u My precious and unconditional love (Jesus)

You prefer spending all your time reading (and studying wordly) books to studying My Word (Bible) even when the former will not take u beyond this earth but the latter leads u to eternal life with Me.

You create extra time (infact all night!) for clubbing/parties but grumble when u have spent just 2hours wit Me on a sunday service. I wonder how u ll be able to cope, spending the whole eternity with Me.

These thoughts and more clouded my mind and I came to a realisation that I focus more on things that don't matter than on those that really matter.

Lets reflect on our walk with God.

Lets stand before the mirror and be honest to ourselves.

And fix ourselves.

Do have a lovely night everyone.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:40am On Sep 07, 2007
Hello everyone. Pls thank God for me because today is my BIRTHDAY. God has been good to me all the days of my life and all I owe Him now is thanks, thanks and more thanks. He has been good. Join me in thanksgiving.

As for the party, postponed till next year grin
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2007
@Femi26

Thanks for sharing that with us, It reminds me of one of God's attributes- A Jealous God. Each time we wilfully disobey Him, we pay dearly for it. The closer we are with Him the more disciplined and Obedient He expects of Us.
Oh God, I pray You give us the needed grace to be obedient to you and to serve you with all of our heart in Jesus name. Amen!

@Obanikoro
Congratulations and Happy Birthday to you, May the Good Lord be with you and perfect His will concerning you! Amen! Do have a wonderful day and glorious years ahead! [sub][i]How old are you now? How old are you now Koro, How old are you now!![/[/i]sub]  grin  grin

Happy Plus One!

@All
At any moment you have a message or words of admonition, encouragement to pass across, Please, do feel free to write it out loud. Thank you and do have a nice weekend cheesy
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2007
@everyone

hope all of u had a great weekend. Mine was ok with enough rest.

The service of songs and burial of my friend that died is on the 13th & 14th of sept, pls pray for the success of the whole thing and God's grace and comfort for the family and friends b4, during and after the events.

Pls I want the house to also pray for my forth coming exams in December and my preparation. Pray against any hindrance to effective study and for God's knowledge, wisdom and understanding to come upon me.

love u guys kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2007
obanikoro2:

@everyone

hope all of u had a great weekend. Mine was ok with enough rest.

The service of songs and burial of my friend that died is on the 13th & 14th of sept, please pray for the success of the whole thing and God's grace and comfort for the family and friends before, during and after the events.

Please I want the house to also pray for my forth coming exams in December and my preparation. Pray against any hindrance to effective study and for God's knowledge, wisdom and understanding to come upon me.

love u guys kiss kiss kiss

i had a nice weekend, thou i lost my grandmum, at the young age of 105yrs.And we have to bury her immediately,(my maternal family is muslim).

Koro, the LORD strenghten you, empower you, and refresh you for success in your exams. we will celebrate 2gether when your result comes out.It is well!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2007
femib26:

i had a nice weekend, thou i lost my grandmum, at the young age of 105[/b]yrs.And we have to bury her immediately!

Real Young age. Thank God for the long life.

femib26:

[b]Koro, the LORD strenghten you, empower you, and refresh you for success in your exams

And everybody says, Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2007
femib26:

i had a nice weekend, thou i lost my grandmum, at the young age of 105yrs.

couldnt help but laugh my heart out wen I saw that! grin She was just too young! All the same take heart. I have come to find out some people are still so attached to their grannies and are sad wen they die. It well.

Thanks for the prayer
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2007
I got this prayer points from a friend and decided to share I'm sure you'd enjoy it as much as i did. All the best.

In this new month of September,
"Awamaridi says ur enemies wont know the source of your Joy, "Oyigiyigi " says that ur enemies wont be able to spoil ur life. "Asoromatase" says that He will do as He has spoken concerning you. "Alagbara giga " says He'll empower u 2 succeed. "Arugbo Ojo" says u will live 2 a good old age. "Onyekeluwa" says u will never be hungry all d days of ur life. "Oludande mi" says He has made u a god over pharaoh. "Odimegwu Judah" will empower you to rule over your foes, "Alagbawi Eda" says He has taken over your case. "Olutunu' says He is your comfort on all side. , then what else

Have a wonderful month in His presence
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:18am On Sep 11, 2007
thanks olowotee
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2007
@Obanikoro2,
happy birthday God will continually put laugther in ur mouth in this ur new year, remember to also thank him for the last 365 day am sure He has be faithful

@Olwotee

Am sure u will miss granny,what a long life, God give him eternal rest

have a nice day
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2007
hamabra:

@Olwotee
Am sure u will miss granny,what a long life, God give him eternal rest

have a nice day

twas Femib26 that just lost his granny, not me! Mine's been dead for ages!  lipsrsealed. grin

All the best and do have a nice day too cheesy
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2007
A prayer for the Nation:

Kindly visit this link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-9286.0.html
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2007
@hamabra

thanks alot for the prayer & ofcourse, I have been so grateful to God for His faithfulness.

@olowotee

How are u doing? are u in the office?
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2007
Calvary greetings!

Pls, I'd like you to kindly pray for me.
For some days now, I've been so depressed and a little bit discouraged cos some things are not actually working out the way I feel they should. Maybe, I'm just impatient!! sadI need more of God's enablement and blessings, I need His strenght from day to day and the grace to keep walking a I believe in your prayers and i'm confident of this very fact that God'd hear.

"Just a closer walk with You! Grant it Jesus this my plea! Daily draw me close to Thee, As I walk, close to Thee".

Don't hesitate to pray as His Spirit leads you.

Thank You. kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Olowotee,
God will strengthen ur weakness, he will perfect that which concerns at His own time, i am very sure of 1 thing He is a faithful God.
remain lifted
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tuafolabi: 6:58am On Sep 13, 2007
hello people, i just logged on to this section.its been a long tyme that u have all posted prayers or encouragement to one anoda.its well.i hope there are testimonies now.i am praying too even thou its been like 3 mths since the req were posted.take charge-He is able.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2007
hamabra:

@Olowotee,
God will strengthen your weakness, he will perfect that which concerns at His own time, i am very sure of 1 thing He is a faithful God.
remain lifted

Tanx. I greatly appreciate ur prayers.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2007
"Please do pray for a friend of mine- Mary by Name, She is beginning to lose faith and going much astray from the Christian faith. Please do pray for her restoration. Thanks"
Re: Can We Pray Together? by dasilver22: 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2007
hi bros/sis. decided to com to this section for spiritual growth &saw this thread. kind of new to nairaland but have spent

most times on sections that are not beneficial. please i nid your help. i was bisexual and kind of still have the feelings of meeting gays but i want to stop these feelings and really be changed. have tried so many times with prayas/fasting but

it still does not go. please i nid you guys to pray for me. this is not my real name but i no god will understand if u mention it. please help.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Bosdem(f): 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2007
Waiting, lets get started
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2007
@dasilver22

It's nice having you around, You're welcome!!!.

I want to confidently assure you that fellow believers are praying for you!

For this one thing do I know and that is: nothing is hard for God to do, For by Him all things are Possible. We'll pray to Him and we believe that He'd come into your affairs. Remember, you've got to give your life, your totality, your ALL unto Jesus Christ in sincerity of Heart, Pray the prayer of forgiveness so that He can have His way into your life. For healing, health, deliverance are the Children's bread!

"But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you " Matthew 6:33

If you wouldn't mind, Could you send your e-mail addy to this addy: prayerteam_nl@yahoo.com for further contacts.

Thank You.

@ALL
Let's spend time and united pray for Dasilva
God bless!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2007
dasilver22:

hi bros/sis. decided to com to this section for spiritual growth &saw this thread. kind of new to nairaland but have spent

most times on sections that are not beneficial. please i nid your help. i was bisexual and kind of still have the feelings of meeting gays but i want to stop these feelings and really be changed. have tried so many times with prayas/fasting but

it still does not go. please i nid you guys to pray for me. this is not my real name but i no god will understand if u mention it. please help.

Everlasting Father, u said ", as many that come unto you U will no likewise cast them away", ur son, dasilver(U know his really name, LORD), is crying, begging & wailling with a broken heart, with an understanding that YOU alone can help him can deliever him from this claw of the devil he has found himself, Holy father, the power that You used to deliver the woman with the issue of blood, mary Magdalene, the man with legion of demons is still functional till this day. By that same power, deliver dasilver from this bondage in the name of your son,JESUS. I agree with my fellow Xian brethren on this site for dasilver deliverance in JESUS name. Dasilver, it is well with you.Hence forth, you will be useful for God's kingdom.His word says, "if the son shall therefore set you free, you shall be free indeed!

Now, you will need to read your bible more often than before, you will need to go to a bible believing church,you will have to have new friends too. Separate yourself from all the friends that makes you go back to your past life,no matter how influential they are to you. More of the deliverance is left to you.

pls, get us posted about how u are doing. We are continuously praying for you.It is well with u.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2007
MY PALS PLS I NEED UR PRAYERS HAVE DONE WRONGLY IN GOD SERVICES JUST HELP PRAY FOR HIS MRECIES AND RESTORATION.
THANKS
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2007
hamabra:

MY PALS PLS I NEED UR PRAYERS HAVE DONE WRONGLY IN GOD SERVICES JUST HELP PRAY FOR HIS MRECIES AND RESTORATION.
THANKS

Who is the one that can forgive than He who sent His son to die for us even why we were yet sinners.

Hamabra, He knew we will likely faulter at one time or the other; so HE made provisions for forgiveness. It is bad to fall to sin, its more terrible to pesistently fall for it. Since, you ve realised ur fault; you are forgiven. I join the faith of other brethen to pray that you find mercies from a loving Father called GOD in Jesus name.

Beloved, go, sin no more. It's well!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2007
A song to share:

You can listen to the song here: http://www.rayboltz.com/project_pages/NoGreaterSacrifice/no_greater_sacrifice.php

At The Foot Of The Cross

They were watching from a distance
And they could not
Take their eyes from You
You were bleeding
They were weeping
Faithful sisters, they had followed you
They did not understand
They could not see
They were mourning their loss
As the sky turned black
And the Earth turned red
At the foot of the cross

He was standing near your mother
They were so close
They could hear you sighing
All around them angry voices
Pierced the darkness
And you were dying
But they would not leave
They lingered there
No matter the cost
They were staying
And they were praying
At the foot of the cross

CHORUS:
Keep me near the cross, Near the cross
May I never stray so far, That I cannot see
What flowed down for me, At the foot of the cross

Now I'm standing in your presence
And I cannot take my eyes from you
You have risen I'm forgiven
Precious Saviour, oh I worship you
No I'm not looking back
Ive heard your voice
And I'm staying here
Ive made my choice
For now its real, now I kneel
At the foot of the cross!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.