Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! (9511 Views)

Why Are There Different Ages Of Consent Across The World? / “if You’re Looking To Marry, Stay Away From Ladies Below The Age Of 25” / My Fiancee Got A Job With The Help Of Her Ex Without My Consent, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

If the girl is physically mature enough and has already started having sex prior to meeting the man...

He is afraid to say a number. So by your definition a mad woman is mature enough and has already been having sex
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

He is afraid to say a number. So by your definition a mad woman is mature enough and has already been having sex

That's another case entirely! A mad woman cannot give consent.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

That's another case entirely! A mad woman cannot give consent.

Why can’t she give consent?? Answer that question and you’ll see why a child can’t also give consent
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Why can’t she give consent?? Answer that question and you’ll see why a child can’t also give consent

Let's not digress. The law says a mad woman can't give consent. Chikena!

The same law says some children, 11 and above, can give consent. Chikena!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Bros we are debating something important here and one of the guys, Virginfinder, is being slaughtered. Why don’t u help him out.

BTW I hear this your thing is a scam

Whatever makes you feel excited...
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

So why are you going against the professionals

I'm not going against anybody. I am simply stating what I can see for myself is clearly written. A meteorologist can tell me many things but he can't tell me the sky is yellow because I can look and see for myself
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

Let's not digress. The law says a mad woman can't give consent. Chikena!

The same law says some children, 11 and above, can give consent. Chikena!

U have been severally asked to point to where the law says that. You can’t. Instead u keep running from this lawyer to that judge
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

I'm not going against anybody. I am simply stating what I can see for myself is clearly written. A meteorologist can tell me many things but he can't tell me the sky is yellow because I can look and see for myself

Now I am telling you that what was written has more legal implications than you can comprehend.

You should listen to those trained to interpret laws.

Your ideas/opinions are useless here!

You only need a meteorologist to give you a forecast not what you see...
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U have been severally asked to point to where the law says that. You can’t. Instead u keep running from this lawyer to that judge

How many times will I point you to section 7(2)

(2) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

Lawyers and judges interpret the law. Their views over yours anytime anyday.

By the way, are you up to 30
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

Now I am telling you that what was written has more legal implications than you can comprehend.

You should listen to those trained to interpret laws.

Your ideas/opinions are useless here!

You only need a meteorologist to give you a forecast not what you see...

You don't need anybody to interpret simple English for you. There is no legalese. Same language appears in other laws. Has anybody ever told you it means gay sex is legal in Nigeria

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

You don't need anybody to interpret simple English for you. There is no legalese. Same language appears in other laws. Has anybody ever told you it means gay sex is legal in Nigeria

Nope.

What looks like simple English to you is more complicated in the eyes of the law.

That's why we have lawyers and judges to interpret the law.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

How many times will I point you to section 7(2)

(2) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

Lawyers and judges interpret the law. Their views over yours anytime anyday.

By the way, are you up to 30

Nobody can possibly be this slow! How can u partly quote a law when one part of a law can easily negate the other!
Ok, I’ll point u to this. It means defilement only applies between 12 and 15!

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Nobody can possibly be this slow! How can u partly quote a law when one part of a law can easily negate the other!
Ok, I’ll point u to this. It means defilement only applies between 12 and 15!

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

It's a defilement only when there is no consent like it was in Yinusa's case.

Go and argue with our lawyers and judges.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

Nope.

What looks like simple English to you is more complicated in the eyes of the law.

That's why we have lawyers and judges to interpret the law.

In that case we should all be going around with lawyers because we are surrounded by laws and new ones being made everyday. If it is announced that there is curfew between 8 and 6 we will have to ask our lawyer before knowing what that means
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

In that case we should all be going around with lawyers because we are surrounded by laws and new ones being made everyday. If it is announced that there is curfew between 8 and 6 we will have to ask our lawyer before knowing what that means

If you can.

We all need to have our lawyers at hand.

That's why when laws are made, lawyers are interviewed by the press for correct interpretation of the law.

And the judges do justice whenever they deliver judgments.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

It's a defilement only when there is no consent like it was in Yinusa's case.

Go and argue with our lawyers and judges.

You have the SIMPLE ENGLISH language of the law right in front of you. There is no big grammar. You are told to simply say what it says. Instead of being honest, u r running from this lawyer to that Judge and back!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

You have the SIMPLE ENGLISH language of the law right in front of you. There is no big grammar. You are told to simply say what it says. Instead of being honest, u r running from this lawyer to that Judge and back!

What you call simple English is not that simple in the eyes of the law. That is why we need lawyers and judges.

You truly are a kid...
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

What you call simple English is not that simple in the eyes of the law. That is why we need lawyers and judges.

You truly are a kid...

Bros, u don’t need any lawyer to know EXACTLY what 90% of laws say. “No left turn” is a law! Stop being obtuse!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

If you can.

We all need to have our lawyers at hand.

That's why when laws are made, lawyers are interviewed by the press for correct interpretation of the law.

And the judges do justice whenever they deliver judgments.

You keep saying thus nonsense. I will Google and show Nigerian laws that judges do not enforce
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

You keep saying thus nonsense. I will Google and show Nigerian laws that judges do not enforce

You are getting agitated. Go ahead. Hardluck!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 11:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Bros, u don’t need any lawyer to know EXACTLY what 90% of laws say. “No left turn” is a law! Stop being obtuse!

But in some cases you do. This is one of them.

No matter how much you think you know the law, you can NEVER represent yourself in court. You need a lawyer!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
Virginfinder here are some Nigerian laws:

STRANGE NIGERIAN LAWS
Posted at 15:00h in General by Admin 0 Comments
4Likes

Under Nigerian Law, a wife of a Christian marriage is not criminally responsible for an act which she is actually compelled by her husband to do in his presence, except if it’s an offence punishable with death, or one in which grievous harm to the person of another, or an intention to cause such harm, is an element – Criminal Code Act

in Nigeria, advertising a reward for the return of stolen or lost property and stating that no question will be asked, or that the person producing such property will not be seized or molested is illegal – Criminal Code Act

The position of the law in Nigeria is that an individual can go to court to seek an order preventing someone from going about claiming that he/she and that individual are married…it’s called ‘jactitation of marriage’ – Matrimonial Causes Act

Under Nigerian Law, whenever a male person who in the opinion of the court has not attained 17 years of age has been found guilty of any offence the court may, in its discretion, order him to be caned in addition to or in substitution for any other punishments to which he is liable. – Criminal Code Act

Another interesting and strange situation under Nigerian Law, is the fact that an individual can sue his/her former partner for breach of promise to marry – Ezeanah v. Atta (2004) 7 NWLR (Pt. 873)

Any person who by his statements or actions represents himself to be a witch or to have the power of witchcraft; is guilty of misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for two years – Criminal Code Act

A person is not deemed to have killed another, if the death of that other person does not take place within a year and a day of the cause of death. – Criminal Code Act
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Virginfinder here are some Nigerian laws:

STRANGE NIGERIAN LAWS
Posted at 15:00h in General by Admin 0 Comments
4Likes

Under Nigerian Law, a wife of a Christian marriage is not criminally responsible for an act which she is actually compelled by her husband to do in his presence, except if it’s an offence punishable with death, or one in which grievous harm to the person of another, or an intention to cause such harm, is an element – Criminal Code Act

in Nigeria, advertising a reward for the return of stolen or lost property and stating that no question will be asked, or that the person producing such property will not be seized or molested is illegal – Criminal Code Act

The position of the law in Nigeria is that an individual can go to court to seek an order preventing someone from going about claiming that he/she and that individual are married…it’s called ‘jactitation of marriage’ – Matrimonial Causes Act

Under Nigerian Law, whenever a male person who in the opinion of the court has not attained 17 years of age has been found guilty of any offence the court may, in its discretion, order him to be caned in addition to or in substitution for any other punishments to which he is liable. – Criminal Code Act

Another interesting and strange situation under Nigerian Law, is the fact that an individual can sue his/her former partner for breach of promise to marry – Ezeanah v. Atta (2004) 7 NWLR (Pt. 873)

Any person who by his statements or actions represents himself to be a witch or to have the power of witchcraft; is guilty of misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for two years – Criminal Code Act

A person is not deemed to have killed another, if the death of that other person does not take place within a year and a day of the cause of death. – Criminal Code Act

How can you prove that these laws are not outdated/obsolete or are no longer being enforced
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

But in some cases you do. This is one of them.

No matter how much you think you know the law, you can NEVER represent yourself in court. You need a lawyer!

But that’s what u do not understand: WE ARE NOT IN COURT HERE! A case can go anyhow.

Our debate here is about what is WRITTEN ON THE BOOKS!!! Not about Lawyers or judges or intricacies. Fortunately for us what is written on the books is crystal clear!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

How can you prove that these laws are not outdated/obsolete or are no longer being enforced

Because it was published June 8 this year as examples of existing Nigerian laws no longer enforced
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by MuchAdo: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
My friend VirginFinder has been banned by antispam bot.

So unfair!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
VirginFinder:

You are getting agitated. Go ahead. Hardluck!

I am actually cool as a cucumber and enjoying this. I am only Saddened witnessing the total destruction of a certain virginfinder.
You are stuck on "liable". You still have not told us how gay marriage is not legal in Nigeria because it has the same "liable"
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 12:20am On Jul 12, 2020
MuchAdo:
My friend VirginFinder has been banned by antispam bot.

So unfair!

They probably did it as a way for him to save face. He should have quit long ago - once the letter of the law was revealed. Because it left no room for further interpretation
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
Bros VirginFinder stop being DISHONEST. You are a Christian. Stop pretending you can't read. That's why you were banned.
Did you even read the link provided? It says in bold letters that you are wrong.
It says clearly that the people you quoted were mistaken and shows why they were mistaken. And they have indeed since gone quiet because they now realise their mistake. GO AND READ THE LINK!
Here is what it says:
"A lot of people have read just one subsection, which is that subsection‎ that says ‘A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life’ and interpreted it to mean that 11 years is now the new age of consent, but that is not true. The same penalty is imposed on defilement of any child below the age of 18.‎”
And this:

This bill actually recommends imprisonment for life as punishment for defilement of‎ any child below the age of 18,” said Ms. Nwigwe, whose organization is dedicated to highlighting the issue of sexual violence against women and providing victims with the necessary support.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Naturally Last 7+ Hours In Bed [PICTURE] / Nobody Can Abuse My Yansh Again Because This One Is Bigger – Moyo Lawal (pics) / Tell Me Your Date Of Birth And I Will Reveal Your Personality To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.