Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! (9493 Views)

Why Are There Different Ages Of Consent Across The World? / “if You’re Looking To Marry, Stay Away From Ladies Below The Age Of 25” / My Fiancee Got A Job With The Help Of Her Ex Without My Consent, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VULCAN(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
I have gotten to page 2 and I'm none the wiser on the age of consent.

Does it mean there are no criminal lawyers on Nairaland.

What a shame.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
VULCAN:
I have gotten to page 2 and I'm none the wiser on the age of consent.

Does it mean there are no criminal lawyers on Nairaland.

What a shame.

(See screenshot below)
My brother the law is VERY CLEAR that AoC is 18.
There is nothing there AT ALL for a lawyer to interprete. It is either the Virginfinder guy is dumb as a door nail or he is just being mischievous.
I DARE ANY LAWYER TO INTERPRET IT TO MEAN AoC IS 11.
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
VirginFinder:

Where did you get the get the bolded from for chrissake

Why are you tormenting yourself

The liability upon conviction clause in sections 7(3) and 7(4) gave rooms of escape to accused persons. One of the rooms is consent. There are many others.

Only section 7(2) was categorical. All that needs to happen is the act and the accused will be sentenced to life imprisonment except the judge decides to temper justice with mercy.

Can anything be simpler than this

R u sure u r ok? U no longer remember what u wrote not long ago? See screenshot below.

U really are not very smart.
The same way the judge can temper justice with mercy in that case (which means NOT following the clearly stated law), he can also temper justice with mercy when there is consent and NOT BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT THE LAW SAYS!!!

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 12:12am On Jul 15, 2020
VirginFinder:

Judges, lawyers, activists, Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka, ageofconsent.net/world have all interpreted it to mean the age of consent is 11.

Do you know better than they Are you a morronn

U r lying. Present where, AFTER 2015, where any of those people said age of consent is 11. U can’t. They were talking b4 anybody knew what was actually in the bill. Once they knew, they ABRUPTLY stopped talking. But ignorant people like u and racists like ageofconsent clung to what they said in 2015 before they knew better
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 12:20am On Jul 15, 2020
VirginFinder:
When the "cat" is not around, the "rats" have filled day... grin

Goodnight all.

Goodnight to u too bro.
My advice: Instead of speculating on what u don’t know find any person into law, show them that section, and ask them if there is any way it can be twisted to mean AoC is 11.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VULCAN(m): 12:46am On Jul 15, 2020
Hello again CanadaOrBust.

We meet again.

The back and forth between you guys has left our heads spinning. grin

Anyway let me leave the matter. I'm not a paedophile so the age of consent is not of primary importance to me. I just love knowledge.

CanadaOrBust:

(See screenshot below)
My brother the law is VERY CLEAR that AoC is 18.
There is nothing there AT ALL for a lawyer to interprete. It is either the Virginfinder guy is dumb as a door nail or he is just being mischievous.
I DARE ANY LAWYER TO INTERPRET IT TO MEAN AoC IS 11.
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 1:09am On Jul 15, 2020
VirginFinder:

What the lawyers and judges say over your useless inconsequential opinions anytime anyday... cool

But how can you be so DISHONEST?! How can you read something like that 7 and say that it says 11 is AOC. A clear LIE. If you wish to know why judges rule certain ways, ASK and you will be told. Don't dishonestly start giving funny interpretation to something anybody can read and know you are lying!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 2:05am On Jul 15, 2020
VULCAN:
Hello again CanadaOrBust.

We meet again.

The back and forth between you guys has left our heads spinning. grin

Anyway let me leave the matter. I'm not a paedophile so the age of consent is not of primary importance to me. I just love knowledge.

I now remember! Your moniker sounded vaguely familiar.
Don’t mind that Virginfinder, inastead of arguing from another angle or asking judges and lawyers why, he is trying to twist a statement that cannot be twisted, that is so clear it leaves no room for further interpretation.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
VirginFinder:
[s][/s]

Yinusa Yellow is currently in jail for abduction and rape. Ese Oruru never gave consent. The court determined in count 5 of the charges that she was old enough to give consent.

Mr. VirginFinder bros you are indeed shameless. I already asked you how you can you be so DISHONEST?! How can you read something like that 7 and say that it says 11 is AOC. A clear LIE. If you wish to know why judges rule certain ways, ASK and you will be told. Don't dishonestly start giving funny interpretation to something anybody can read and know you are lying!

Lawyers go to school for years, you never studied law for one day. All cases have intricacies you don't know about that judges have to consider. Also mistakes are made intentionally and unintentionally. That's why you can't point to any one case.

BUT YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!!
ONLY a shameless dishonest person will read that sec 7 and conclude it says 11 is AOC.

The Supreme Court statement you keep quoting was made before the 2015 bill was passed and you know it. SHAMELESS!!

The Oruru case you keep citing, he was found NOT guilty of abduction because the girl said she went willingly.
Also HE MARRIED HER!
Which changes everything in Nigeria. The ONLY reason he got 26 years was because the parents testified they never gave consent - he married a minor without parental consent.
STOP BEING SHAMELESSLY DISHONEST!!!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Mr. VirginFinder bros you are indeed shameless. I already asked you how you can you be so DISHONEST?! How can you read something like that 7 and say that it says 11 is AOC. A clear LIE. If you wish to know why judges rule certain ways, ASK and you will be told. Don't dishonestly start giving funny interpretation to something anybody can read and know you are lying!

Lawyers go to school for years, you never studied law for one day. All cases have intricacies you don't know about that judges have to consider. Also mistakes are made intentionally and unintentionally. That's why you can't point to any one case.

BUT YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!!
ONLY a shameless dishonest person will read that sec 7 and conclude it says 11 is AOC.

The Supreme Court statement you keep quoting was made before the 2015 bill was passed and you know it. SHAMELESS!!

The Oruru case you keep citing, he was found NOT guilty of abduction because the girl said she went willingly.
Also HE MARRIED HER!
Which changes everything in Nigeria. The ONLY reason he got 26 years was because the parents testified they never gave consent - he married a minor without parental consent.
STOP BEING SHAMELESSLY DISHONEST!!!

U said it all my brother. I’d only add that NO ONE who commented on the bill after 2015 has ever said that it in any way implied 11 as age of consent. All he quoted were in 2015 b4 anybody knew what the bill actually said!
Since then reputable Nrespapers with their vast resources and legal departments have done extensive fact-checks on the bill and have ALL come to the obvious conclusion - the bill clearly and unequivocally says 18 is AoC!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
VirginFinder:
[s][/s]

Do u see anywhere the sexual offenses act of 2015 was mentioned anywhere in that whole Yellow/Oruru trial??

NO ONE who commented on that bill after 2015 has ever said it in any way implied 11 as age of consent. All u quoted were in 2015 b4 anybody knew what the bill actually said!
Since then reputable Newspapers with their vast resources and legal departments have done extensive fact-checks on the bill and have ALL come to the obvious conclusion - the bill clearly and unequivocally says 18 is AoC!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
VirginFinder:
[s][/s]

Seems our good friend has been banned again.
Some say it is karma for pretending not to be able to read English.
I think that puts the kibash on our good friend. I’ll leave everyone with the following screenshots

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
CaptMarvel:
hahaha @Righteousness89 @VirginFinder

Hahaha!!
We know dem dem!
Hiding under monikers
I hope you find your virgin soon! grin

VirginFinder is it true u r Righteousness89??!!

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by MuchAdo: 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Who is afraid of VirginFinder

Why were all his posts deleted Were they not infallible, verifiable proofs

So unfair!

The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 as things stand currently gping all what VirginFinder posted.

1000 Nairaland mods cannot change it until the NASS do so.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by MuchAdo: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
I go with VirginFinder's submissions anytime anyday. I have copied them and saved them. He's such a great guy.

The sexual offences bill of 2015 stipulates that the age of consent is 11

"7. (2) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

(4) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years old is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life."

Note the bolded. Only Section 7 (2) is categorical and uses the words "shall" and "sentenced". Sections 7 (3) and (4) use the word "liable". So you see they are not the same. Those who drafted the bill knew what they were doing.

In sections 7(3) and 7(4), consent and other factors are considered.

Since the passage of the Sexual Offences Bill 2015 a few weeks ago, there has been great agitation from several quarters about the true import of the Bill. To many of the pundits and agitators, the Bill is anathema because of its anticipated provision criminalising sexual activity with a child aged eleven or less. In their opinion, such a provision officially sanctions eleven years as the approved age for sexual activity by children in Nigeria.

www.allafrica.com/stories/201506170104.html

Femi Falana was furious that sexual offences bill pegged the age of consent at 11

Femi Falana, a human rights lawyer, also described the bill as “obnoxious” and threatened to go to court if the bill is signed into law.

According to Mr. Falana, when the bill was unanimously passed for a second reading by the Senate on November 21, ‎2013, it sought a penalty of life imprisonment for the offence of defilement of children less than 18 years.

“It was that Committee (Committee on Judiciary and Legal Matters) that illegally removed the age of 18 years and replaced it with 11 years,”
said Mr. Falana.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/185851-fact-check-nigerias-sexual-offences-bill-stipulates-18-years-not-11-years-as-age-of-consent.html
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 1:09am On Jul 16, 2020
MuchAdo:
I go with VirginFinder's submissions anytime anyday. I have copied them and saved them. He's such a great guy.

Note the bolded. Only Section 7 (2) is categorical and uses the words "shall" and "sentenced". Sections 7 (3) and (4) use the word "liable". So you see they are not the same. Those who drafted the bill knew what they were doing.

In sections 7(3) and 7(4), consent and other factors are considered.

www.allafrica.com/stories/201506170104.html

Femi Falana was furious that sexual offences bill pegged the age of consent at 11

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/185851-fact-check-nigerias-sexual-offences-bill-stipulates-18-years-not-11-years-as-age-of-consent.html

U r of course Virginfinder. U r not fooling anybody. cheesy
(U r banned because u pretend u can’t read English)

But many acts and bills contain exact same phrase, “liable upon conviction”, how come it does not negate such laws - why even bother writing such laws. And since 7(2) makes life sentence “categorical” how come no one has ever gotten life??

Even if u don’t want to believe your own eyes, many reputable newspapers have done fact-checks on the bill and many people have commented on it, point to ONE instance since LATE 2015 where anybody said the bill implied 11 years AoC.

Below is the heading of the Premium Times article u quoted, and other relateds.
See below:
GOOGLE HAS FINALLY CHANGED RESULT FROM 11 TO 18!!!!!!!
HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 2:29am On Jul 16, 2020

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 3:11am On Jul 16, 2020
Virginfinder (alias Righteousness89, alias MuchAdo),
My brother, even the Google u keep citing has abandoned u!!

GOOGLE HAS FINALLY CHANGED AoC RESULT FROM 11 TO 18!!!!!!!

HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 3:22am On Jul 16, 2020
HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

A BILL THAT’S CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THE RACISTS!!!

GOOGLE HAS FINALLY
CHANGED RESULT OF
NIGERIA AGE OF CONSENT
FROM 11 TO 18!!!!!!!

HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by MuchAdo: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Virginfinder (alias Righteousness89, alias MuchAdo),
My brother, even the Google u keep citing has abandoned u!!

GOOGLE HAS FINALLY CHANGED AoC RESULT FROM 11 TO 18!!!!!!!

HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!!!

You are so dull! angry

I just checked and all I saw is search results. Pulse.ng with its opinionated article came up first.

Ageofconsent.net/world is still among the search results. And it shows 11!

Ageofconsent.net/world is real deal.

Even then, what is all that beside our judges and lawyers interpretation of the law

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hijab Wearing Girls(photos) / Craziest Wedding Picture! / I Really Want A Gal Like Dis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.