Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,531 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:50 PM

Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! (12092 Views)

Why Are There Different Ages Of Consent Across The World? / When I Become President, Age Of Consent Will Be 28 / My Fiancee Got A Job With The Help Of Her Ex Without My Consent, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Thanks 4 this research. Google won’t see this, which is more authoritative and detailed. They will do anything to tarnish Nigeria’s image.
Oh, how they love that 11 age for Nigeria! So appropriate: totally corrupt country, of course they have the lowest AoC in the world!

Yu are welcome bro. I don't understand this VirginFinder guy. He doesn't understand the misinformation is tarnishing our image abroad. Nigeria has the lowest AOC in the world. When it is right there in the black and white CLEARLY that our AOC is 18
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mr. Lalasticlala, could u please move this to front page as this is the type of info people really need to have.
Thanks.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Yu are welcome bro. I don't understand this VirginFinder guy. He doesn't understand the misinformation is tarnishing our image abroad. Nigeria has the lowest AOC in the world. When it is right there in the black and white CLEARLY that our AOC is 18

Repeating your false opinion over and over won't change the facts!

Age of consent is 11. That is the position of our law as interpreted by our judges, lawyers, activists, Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka, ageofconsent.net/world etc etc

In fact many people who were not sure before have now learnt the truth based on my submissions here.

Wail all you like, you can't change it!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder:

Repeating your false opinion over and over won't change the facts!

Age of consent is 11. That is the position of our law as interpreted by our judges, lawyers, activists, Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka, ageofconsent.net/world etc etc

In fact many people who were not sure before have now learnt the truth based on my submissions here.

Wail all you like, you can't change it!

Okay calm down . Let's calmly determine false opinion.
What part of the following is hard to understand. Is there any word in it that needs interpretation:

"A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life."
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Okay calm down . Let's calmly determine false opinion.
What part of the following is hard to understand. Is there any word in it that needs interpretation:

"A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life."

Your analysis will only amount to a fruitless academic exercise. It doesn't change anything! cool

I have told you severally that the bolded rendered the section impotent. It should have read "shall upon conviction be sentenced" like section 7(2) did... smiley

That's why every reasonable person out there has stuck to 11 as our age of consent including our judges, lawyers, activists, ageofconsent.net/world and what have you.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder:

Your analysis will only amount to a fruitless academic exercise. It doesn't change anything! cool

I have told you severally that the bolded rendered the section impotent. It should have read "shall upon conviction be sentenced" like section 7(2) did... smiley

That's why every reasonable person out there has stuck to 11 as our age of consent including our judges, lawyers, activists, ageofconsent.net/world and what have you.

Ok, just calmly follow me, why doesn't the same language render gay life legal in Nigeria

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mr. VirginFinder are you still following? I know you pretend to be totally dumb so I make it very simple.
You are stuck on "liable". Here is denition of liable

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Just forget the guy. He knows he was defeated long ago. We have presented enough to bury him several times over. Anybody who reads this thread and still pretends he is confused about AoC in Nigeria is being mischievous
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Just forget the guy. He knows he was defeated long ago. We have presented enough to bury him several times over. Anybody who reads this thread and still pretends he is confused about AoC in Nigeria is being mischievous

I know bro, just that I have some time to.kill.
VirginFinder, com back here, you big LOSER!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Ok, just calmly follow me, why doesn't the same language render gay life legal in Nigeria

You are not smart... grin

Sexual Offences Bill on Defilement
"7. (2) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

(4) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years old is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life."

The liability in sections 7(3) and 7(4) is upon conviction. Once there is no conviction, there is no liability... grin tongue Where there is consent, there is conviction and no liability thereby technically pegging the age of consent at 11... smiley

In the case of the gay law, it is straight liability to imprisonment... grin

Can you now see that the drafters of the laws are smarter than you

That's why you need legal professionals to interpret what simpletons like you refer to as simple English.

Age of consent is 11... cool

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
PoliteActivist:

I know bro, just that I have some time to.kill.
VirginFinder, com back here, you big LOSER!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin

You are just kids... smiley

Any reasonable person here knows who the loser is.

Why hasn't anybody come to join you and your partner CanadaorBust in the NL campaign to raise the age of consent from 11 to 18 going by all the "evidence" you have put forward Afterall, it sounds like a good cause anybody should join... grin

They have seen the facts and moved on.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Which facts You and your co-traveller and alone in this. No other NLer has thought it fit to come and join your "worthy" cause of raising Nigeria's age of consent from 11 to 18 on Nairaland.

Aren't there lawyer members of this forum Why haven't they come to your rescue

You and politeactivist are kids and clowns... grin
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder:

Which facts You and your co-traveller and alone in this. No other NLer has thought it fit to come and join your "worthy" cause of raising Nigeria's age of consent from 11 to 18 on Nairaland.

Aren't there lawyer members of this forum Why haven't they come to your rescue

You and politeactivist are kids and clowns... grin

This was mistakenly posted in romance section instead of crime. People here are not into legalities. There are no lawyers here. If this made it to FP they’d eat u alive and it’d go to a hundred pages all bashing u. Besides every Nigerian knows 18 is the age of consent. Anything below that is a child. Look, if anyone DARES write eleven as age of consent Nigerians will show u they are not as docile as u think!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

This was mistakenly posted in romance section instead of crime. People here are not into legalities. There are no lawyers here. If this made it to FP they’d eat u alive and it’d go to a hundred pages all bashing u. Besides every Nigerian knows 18 is the age of consent. Anything below that is a child. Look, if anyone DARES write eleven as age of consent Nigerians will show u they are not as docile as u think!

Lawyers don't have love lives They don't get married They don't play around Continue consoling yourself.

Your age of consent is 18...Great!

Nigeria's age of consent is 11...Fact!

This will NEVER make frontpage so that paedophiles are not emboldened to start going after INNOCENT young girls. Also young girls should not start to nurse wild ambitions.
The mods will just let sleeping dogs lie...

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder:

Lawyers don't have love lives They don't get married They don't play around Continue consoling yourself.

Your age of consent is 18...Great!

Nigeria's age of consent is 11...Fact!

This will NEVER make frontpage so that paedophiles are not emboldened to start going after INNOCENT young girls. Also young girls should not start to nurse wild ambitions.
The mods will just let sleeping dogs lie...

Ok, let’s have an experiment. I’d post this exact topic in crrime. I’ll copy and paste my posts exactly. Do so with your responses to me. You’ll see how this will explode.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by VirginFinder: 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Ok, let’s have an experiment. I’d post this exact topic in crrime. I’ll copy and paste my posts exactly. Do so with your responses to me. You’ll see how this will explode.

Rather, just beg the mods to move this to the crime section. Why start all over again Are you that jobless

Afterall, this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5978887/christopher-ogah-rapes-2-girls was in the crime section wasn't it

And we had similar debate there until you guys bowed out.

No lawyers came to your rescue...

This thread https://www.nairaland.com/5985476/bayelsa-police-parade-14-year-old-girl is also there and a similar debate is ongoing.

The antispam bots keep banning me because of the many links I post to buttress my point. I have been banned on that thread by the antispam bot.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder:

You are just kids... smiley

Any reasonable person here knows who the loser is.

Why hasn't anybody come to join you and your partner CanadaorBust in the NL campaign to raise the age of consent from 11 to 18 going by all the "evidence" you have put forward Afterall, it sounds like a good cause anybody should join... grin

They have seen the facts and moved on.

Because they can see you are full of it. Same reason you were banned! Most Nigerians know the age of consent as written in our laws is 18, EIGHTEEN! Walk into any Lawyer's office and ask!

Here, let me continue educating you. Below is definition of a child

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder I hope this is not too complicated for you.
Now we have established who is a child, let's establish what is defilement of ANY child

Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mr. Virgin, what part of the above don't you understand?
Say and it will be patiently explained to yu
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
VirginFinder:

You are not smart... grin

Sexual Offences Bill on Defilement

The liability in sections 7(3) and 7(4) is upon conviction. Once there is no conviction, there is no liability... grin tongue Where there is consent, there is conviction and no liability thereby technically pegging the age of consent at 11... smiley

In the case of the gay law, it is straight liability to imprisonment... grin

Can you now see that the drafters of the laws are smarter than you

That's why you need legal professionals to interpret what simpletons like you refer to as simple English.

Age of consent is 11... cool

Maybe we have really been debating with a retard.
IN ANY LAW IF THERE IS NO CONVICTION THERE IS NOTHING. The case ends there!
That applies to ALL laws in the world.
Is it really possible someone is this slow?!

Also he has changed “liable upon conviction” to “not liable upon conviction” just to be talking.
Something is really wrong with this guy!
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by Fwrites: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Hello, I need an article writer. Must have a copyscape or grammarly premium

Whatsapp: +234803625447
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by Aremu01(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Fwrites:
Hello, I need an article writer. Must have a copyscape or grammarly premium

Whatsapp: +234803625447

Your no is incomplete
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
VirginFinder:

Are the judges delivering court judgments on the basis of the age of consent being 13/11 not lawyers

Do you know more than they

The child rights acts 2003 is outdated and had since been replaced by the Criminal code ACT, Cap. C.38 laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and the sexual offences bill of 2015

I told you if you don't understand any part it will be patiently explained to. Try to follow, I know you are not too bright.
1)As you have been told, what we are discussing here is what is on the books as age of consent, not lawyers or judges.
2) Lawyers and judges are not bound by what's on the books.
Is there any part of that you do not understand?
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
VirginFinder:

According to the sexual offences bill of 2015, a child is someone below 11 when it comes to sexual offences.

I know you are not too bright, so ask someone to help you out. Ask them if the following can be twisted in ANY WAY to mean 11 is AOC:

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
VirginFinder:

You are the duullard here. I have been trying to point out the difference between section 7(2) and sections 7(3) and 7(4) which has formed part of the basis for our judges, lawyers, activists, ageofconsent.net etc etc settling for 11 as Nigeria's age of consent. There are many others.

Where did I say "not liable upon conviction"

Of course, where there is no conviction, there is no liability! In sections 7(3) and 7(4), there will only be conviction if there was no consent.

But in section 7(2), the conviction is assured irrespective of whether there is consent or not. All that has to happen is the act. That's it!

That’s exactly what u said at the bolded, here - verbatim:

“Once there is no conviction, there is no liability...
Where there is consent, there is conviction and no liability

Look , u r obviously arguing something way above your head. From our talk I can tell u know nothing about how the law works
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by CanadaOrBust: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
VirginFinder:

But you can see clearly from the judgments below that the judges gave their judgments based on what is in the books.

The lawyers and judges have interpreted the age of consent to be 11 from the law.

The Bible verse below is for you and CanadaorBust
Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they (PoliteActivist & CanadaorBust) became fools,

Oga, like I said, u obviously know nothing about how the law works.
So they follow what is in the books? HOW COME NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN SENTENCED TO LIFE??
You yourself said it is “shall”, categorical, A MUST!!

My friend here is an assignment for u:
Find a law student. Ask him if there is any difference between the following two:

shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

AND

liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
Re: Age Of Consent: 11 Or 18??!! by PoliteActivist: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2020
VirginFinder:

But you can see clearly from the judgments below that the judges gave their judgments based on what is in the books.

The lawyers and judges have interpreted the age of consent to be 11 from the law.

The Bible verse below is for you and CanadaorBust
Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they (PoliteActivist & CanadaorBust) became fools,

We are showing you the actual animal, that it is clearly white.
And you are telling us that a certain lawyer and judge said it is black!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See New Mouth Watering Photos Founder Of ‘boob Movement,’ Chioma Just Posted / 17 Year Old Girl Shares Video Of Her Friend's Father In Bed As Payback (video) / What Do You Like Most About Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.