Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

My Experience With A “church Girl” - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With A “church Girl” (8516 Views)

Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / Lady Reveals How Her Man Transformed Her From ‘church Girl’ To Classy Slay Queen / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A “church Girl” by Theyveedo(m): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2020
So on a faithful day I was scrolling through my Facebook timeline when I saw this pretty girl among my the friends suggestions. I opened her profile. Went through her pictures, well I guess I liked what I saw so I added her.
A couple of days later I chatted her up n she replied me in a very polite me which made to like her even more. You know how these girls behave and tend to reply someone rudely when u chat them up, but she was the opposite.
So we got talking, and I got to know more about her, she’s also my from my home town to but schools very far away albeit a fresh graduate waiting for call up. So as time went on we started to talk everyday, we chatted on WhatsApp and exchanged calls. One thing about her was her seriousness about God. She always attends church programs and holds a very important position in her church administration and sometimes she would preach to me. I didn’t mind, I could do with a few words of God myself so o gladly listened. She also sent me her church’s daily devotional and made me promise to read it daily and sent her reviews that it will build my spiritual life, I agreed but I was faithful about that, I only read and sent reviews to her like 3 times in a week.
So eventually she come back home to see her folks for a couple of weeks, we met and spent sometime together, I even got to like her more, she is smart, intelligent and speaks really well, something I look out for in ladies. Although she doesn’t dress “churchy”, but would know when u converse with her, I didn’t mind, I felts it’s better to be friends with someone who has God at heart .
So few weeks after she has travelled back to her base I called her on phone to tell her how I felt about her, how I had developed feeling for her and how wanted to be in a relationship with her. Then she shocked me; she said although she has also developed feelings for me and likes my kind of person but she can’t go into a relationship with me because my spiritual life is very low, that she wants someone she could look up to or at least someone at her level In terms of spirituality. I tried to convince her to look at other good qualities that I posses and as regards her concern I could get better and becomes like want. Mind you, I am good looking guy, working and good mannered, I will definitely make a good husband eventually. After much talking she still stood her ground that for her it was the spiritual life above every other thing.

So this got me thinking, don’t get me wrong, I love God and everything about God, I try to be a good Christian and a good person like the Bible instructs. But what if u had pretended to her and shown my true nature deep in the relationship? Why would someone choose spirituality over basic character which one cannot? I mean I could be a very good Christain today and still backslide tomorrow but but characters don’t change like that.
I feel these are some of the reasons many people end up in wrong marriages prioritize on things that shouldn’t come first.
That’s my opinion though, everyone has what he/she wants.
What do u guys think? Sorry for the long read.

NB; I have moved on but we are still friends.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Ezennwa(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2020
hmm!

Love is blind.
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by dingbang(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2020
Don't waste your time with such people, else you will regret. If she wants someone who she will look up to then her best bet are pastors!

Bounce bro. Get to meet more real street wise people

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by delectablegyal(f): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2020
Leave her.

is it written anywhere that you must marry?

let her go.

you know you love her when you let her go.

all these churchy girls. is she a virgin? ubunja told us how churchy girls have sex when they really wanna have sex.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by aprilwise(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2020
She should get married to a pastor.
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by tundchip2: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Churchy girls? I'm outta here dawg. She's prolly fuvcking the pastor or one brother.
Some would start going to church, doing all churchy stuffs just to get her to fall in love and of course, the pum pum.
It's up to you, and remember, Don't Get Simped.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by KingWarri: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2020
Always start with relationship talk from the very beginning... before get friend zoned.... that girl is just pretending to be a Christian.... my guy sad to tell you but you are in the friend zone.... grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by KingWarri: 9:51am On Jul 11, 2020
tundchip2:
Churchy girls? I'm outta here dawg. She's prolly fuvcking the pastor or one brother.
Some would start going to church, doing all churchy stuffs just to get her to fall in love and of course, the pum pum.
It's up to you, and remember, Don't Get Simped.

Have seen alot of girls like that they don't like to date their fellow church members so that them no go see them finish.... they prefer outsider especially guys who are not churchy...
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Liposure: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2020
As far as she's concerned, you are an unbeliever.
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by guccimilan(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2020
Her response might mean two things, first may be she wants to set you up for a long chase , because indicating that she has feelings for you too is a green light.

You find this with most ladies, Setting a high jump for you to see how high you could jump.

Secondly the spirituality she mentioned is a good point where everything rest upon as a building structure rest on the pillars and foundation.
Consequently spirituality is a walk not a statue ,
You can do the walk as you follow up on her but don't do anything to impress her so much because it will show. All the best.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by DaddyRochie1642: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2020
Oga Don't Be Deceived, You Are Not "Street Wise" at All... You astill Be Learner.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Godfullsam(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2020
There are other things she don't like in you. She is only hanging on the spiritual aspect as excuse.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by 1beat(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2020
so you believe she's the best for you�� I pity you.. both of you are pretending and she hv seen ahead of you that is why she withdraw. you better free her and continue enjoying chat partner
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by falcon01: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2020
spirituality my ass this kind people can kill you if pastor says you are a witch

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by LewsTherin: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
It's so amazing to see so much psychoanalysis of a person only the OP has met, analysing with the minimum information the OP has given, analysis based on the analyser's bias.

Poor girl has been crucified already!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Judybash93(m): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
You just dodged a bullet

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by inumidun2010(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
If you know you are not ready to meet her standards, keep off.. Spirituality is not a one day mission, it is continuous.... I've met girls like that sha, Na pastors or churchy(spirikoko) brothers be their taste(Maybe because they think they are harmless).. I have a feeling she has a Ugly part of hers she is hiding and believes u will detect easily... Some church girls sabi bad things pass street girls oooo..
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Odoogu(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
the relationship you proposed to her is to what end? cos going into a relationship without marriage in soonest, is gonna lead to fornication which am sure she wouldn't want to engage in... and on the other hand if she decides to go into it and say no to sex before marriage( I presume, cos she is a Christian) can you keep yourself( fulfilling all righteousness on your own part) till then?
having a heart of God means constant dwelling in his presence ( via adhering to his teachings).
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
UWA m ooooooo
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hustle o, so one motherfvckung girl no go tell you NO, give excuse say you no dey spiritual

My guy hustle o grin, i need stress am again

Hustle o!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Theyveedo:

So few weeks after she has travelled back to her base I called her on phone to tell her how I felt about her, how I had developed feeling for her and how wanted to be in a relationship with her.

That's where you messed it all up, you said it yourself that the feelings were mutual, so why go telling her about said feelings? And what's that nonsense about you wanting a relationship from her? This guy, you don't offer commitment that easily nah. You sabotaged yourself right there mahn.

Next time just go with the flow, don't force things. Girls like her know what they want, if she truly fancies you she'll find a way to you. She'll even cross the 7 seas if she has to.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
Theyveedo:
So on a faithful day I was scrolling through my Facebook timeline when I saw this pretty girl among my the friends suggestions. I opened her profile. Went through her pictures, well I guess I liked what I saw so I added her.
A couple of days later I chatted her up n she replied me in a very polite me which made to like her even more. You know how these girls behave and tend to reply someone rudely when u chat them up, but she was the opposite.
So we got talking, and I got to know more about her, she’s also my from my home town to but schools very far away albeit a fresh graduate waiting for call up. So as time went on we started to talk everyday, we chatted on WhatsApp and exchanged calls. One thing about her was her seriousness about God. She always attends church programs and holds a very important position in her church administration and sometimes she would preach to me. I didn’t mind, I could do with a few words of God myself so o gladly listened. She also sent me her church’s daily devotional and made me promise to read it daily and sent her reviews that it will build my spiritual life, I agreed but I was faithful about that, I only read and sent reviews to her like 3 times in a week.
So eventually she come back home to see her folks for a couple of weeks, we met and spent sometime together, I even got to like her more, she is smart, intelligent and speaks really well, something I look out for in ladies. Although she doesn’t dress “churchy”, but would know when u converse with her, I didn’t mind, I felts it’s better to be friends with someone who has God at heart .
So few weeks after she has travelled back to her base I called her on phone to tell her how I felt about her, how I had developed feeling for her and how wanted to be in a relationship with her. Then she shocked me; she said although she has also developed feelings for me and likes my kind of person but she can’t go into a relationship with me because my spiritual life is very low, that she wants someone she could look up to or at least someone at her level In terms of spirituality. I tried to convince her to look at other good qualities that I posses and as regards her concern I could get better and becomes like want. Mind you, I am good looking guy, working and good mannered, I will definitely make a good husband eventually. After much talking she still stood her ground that for her it was the spiritual life above every other thing.

So this got me thinking, don’t get me wrong, I love God and everything about God, I try to be a good Christian and a good person like the Bible instructs. But what if u had pretended to her and shown my true nature deep in the relationship? Why would someone choose spirituality over basic character which one cannot? I mean I could be a very good Christain today and still backslide tomorrow but but characters don’t change like that.
I feel these are some of the reasons many people end up in wrong marriages prioritize on things that shouldn’t come first.
That’s my opinion though, everyone has what he/she wants.
What do u guys think? Sorry for the long read.
My brother, move on grin
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by luvyaself95(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Just laughing this guy matter here churchy girl my foot grin
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
Most of them are pretenders.
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Marvyx(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
Her concerns are valid OP. A man should be the priest and spiritual head of his home not the other way round. However, she lacks knowledge in a way.

There are a lot of great men of God whose wives were more spiritual than their husbands at the beginning of their relationship. Some of them even went ahead to marry these men and God so much used these men's lives that people never believed that their wives were more serious with God than the wives at the beginning. Look up the story of Jerry Savelle just to mention a few.

However their marriage were based on God's confirmation primarily and not feelings like you guys have.

But ermmm If you truly want her, I'll advise you to still keep her close. Let her continue to help you grow. She may change her mind when she sees you growing. Even if things don't work out, you would have gained a lot spiritually from her and trust me, add spirituality to all your qualities (if true) you mentioned and see more sensible girls like her running after you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by RenaissanceGuy: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
The lady is wise. This is the second time I'm hearing this kind of excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Pisol(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Both of you are faulty...... Scroll down

Spirituality shouldn't be the basis for a relationship if at all the brother is a born again not a fire brand.. most ladies get it confused here by looking for a fire brand brothers.. out of � fire brand brothers, 80percent are daring, I mean they are mean, they lack fruit of the spirit they only carry gift of the spirit which is not enough to manage a home.

Am talking out of experience, most of the born again brothers even sister, lack marital ethics.. trust me.....

Meanwhile, spirituality is in phases, brother Paul didn't become a fire brand one day, he went through processes.. you can grow him to your taste my sister... But don't marry him if he is an unbeliever

To you the brother, do you know iron sharpenet iron. If you still experience spiritual imbalance, it will reflect on your wife because you will rather affect her Zeal than effect her love for God... Amos 3-3 said can two work together.. there is a need for spiritual and physical aggregate...

Finally, note.. marriage is beyond emotions or feelings... Marry+age.. it simply means you should marry when you are of age in all spheres.

Seek more counsel from this spiritual personality...1 Corinthians 2 vs 9

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
The girl is only trying not to hurt your feelings, she is not feeling you at all.

Churchy girls are first and foremost, a human who has basic human urges - though they always think they have total control over those urges, but that is beside the point I am trying to make. My point is that Churchy girls don't date churchy guys (you are free to look around and confirm). Churchy girls are always on the lookout for "broken" guys to convert and build up to their spiritual taste so if she really feel your vibe, your lack of spirituality should be a challenge to her not a deterrent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by martolux(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
An infidel wants to marry a believer...what relationship hath darkness with light? grin grin
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
martolux:
An infidel wants to marry a believer...what relationship hath darkness with light? grin grin
Na wa for u ooo grin grin
Re: My Experience With A “church Girl” by THUNDER4real(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
@op, character and physical look is very good, but if in terms of spirituality you are not the same, the marriage won't be enjoyed. This is because one partner will continue seeing the other as satan. For me, spirituality first, other follows. I don't want to be an in law to Lucifer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Find A Guy Like This To Date In Nigeria? (photos) / Dear Nigerian Ladies Please Hold Your Husband's Tight Ini Edo Is On The Loose. / Ladies! What's The First Thing You Notice About A Guy When He Approaches You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.