Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,782 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm (65401 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by DBestDoc(f): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

Pls stop misinforming people

This is a scam by fraudsters

Uk banned all flight from Africa, also to practice in the UK as a doctor you must have written and passed plab1 and plab2 and be a registered member of their doctor council.

You see why it's very important to read carefully before posting?

The article clearly stated that the Doctors had already passed the PLAB exams, granted skype interviews and also got jobs but were only stuck at the visa phase due to the lockdown.

Who exactly is scamming whom?
The 500 pounds they paid was for the flight which was heavily subsidized by the way. You probably do not know how much it costs to charter an international flight, if you did, you'd understand that £500 per passenger is cheap for a charter flight that ran empty.

It is known that UK visa is not granted on arrival for Nigerian passport holders on a good day but these aren't good days as we are battling this serious health emergency worldwide. So, Never Say Never.

All in all, they'll still find their ways out. Almost every young doctor i know in Nigeria is working on an exit plan. Not even the president can stop this.

16 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
gypsey:
And it"s not like they are diplomats.

abi...
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by luiginho2xl(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
Wettoid123:

why now?
Please stop quoting the post. You are reposting it.
Just click on report and the 5
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by frog12: 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
a SCAM where they were TAKEN along until it was too LATE !

even with CORONA, countries still HAVE enough DOCTORS

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Alexaonfleek: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
Futuragetty:

I'm supporting FG on this move. Did you forget that those MD's Took oath to save lives. Why would they think of leaving in no other time than this covid-19 pandemic? we already have a few doctors available for our enormous population? Id delist them from NMA list if I was president. They're so selfish!
The same FG that pays politicians 10x the salary of a consultant.
Now you're bringing Hippocratic oath,know that this oath is not restricted to a particular country, especially this zoo of a country.
This same zoo where hazard allowance is 5k grin grin
Doctors can choose where they decide to save lives from,it's their right!!
Why don't you tell your even more selfish FG to give better pay and better working conditions to these doctors?

6 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nairalandmonika: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
AntiWailer:
without giving them visa ?

What if they get there and d no give dem visa.

They would be using them with crappy pay.
The one they are doing in Nigeria nor worst pass crappy pay?
I would rather received UK crappy pay than Nigeria crappy pay

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Wiseoldman: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

What the immigration service did to those doctors is nothing more than what satan does when something good is about to come your way.

Nigeria is dead and no sane human would build his or her future around a country that can't project where it would be in the next 5 years.

NB: For each time I type on Nairaland, I only but weep. A site that has so much goodwill but its operators possess an archaic posture to 'improvement'. They post bad stuff about governance every day on this site but have remained inept and incapable of moving forward, resistant to change.

Richdad

After the same Nigeria offered them the best value for money training to be a doctor.

Nigeria has some of the cheapest medical school in the world. It should be a model for the world ideally.

5 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by frog12: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
it SAID written EXAMS.

IT did not say PLAB exam. maybe the company's exams.

DBestDoc:

The article clearly stated that the Doctors had already passed the PLAB exams, granted skype interviews and also got jobs but were only stuck at the visa phase due to the lockdown.

The 500 pounds they paid was for the flight which was heavily subsidized by the way. You probably do not know how much it costs to charter an international flight, if you did, you'd understand that £500 per passenger is cheap for a charter flight that ran empty.

It is known that UK visa is not granted on arrival for Nigerian passport holders on a good day but these aren't good days as we are battling this serious health emergency worldwide. So, Never Say Never.

All in all, they'll still find their ways out. Almost every young doctor i know in Nigeria is working on an exit plan. Not even the president can stop this.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ayemileto(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
gypsey:
which government approved the flight?

how did hushppupi scam all that millions of dollars?. cheesy

Lol. I know you know the government have been approving "important" flights.

I think that's why they had to lie that they are going for training.

If they had claimed they are going there to work, there won't be any kind of approval.

Also, this article claimed a lot of doctors have applied since January, before the Pandemic.

They did exam and then proceeded to do Interview on Skype

If it's a scam, the scammers should have pulled the plug long ago.

They shouldn't have done any exam or interview.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by mrchineke: 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

What the immigration service did to those doctors is nothing more than what satan does when something good is about to come your way.

Nigeria is dead and no sane human would build his or her future around a country that can't project where it would be in the next 5 years.

NB: For each time I type on Nairaland, I only but weep. A site that has so much goodwill but its operators possess an archaic posture to 'improvement'. They post bad stuff about governance every day on this site but have remained inept and incapable of moving forward, resistant to change.

Richdad

Shut up and ffk off

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by mrchineke: 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
Idyllic:
The doctors could not have attempted to travel unless there was an arrangement with UKVI. They are intellectuals. UKVI granted them visa waiver.

During this COVID period, if you are a doctor from anywhere in the world and you have a job offer in the UK. You can travel to the UK without visa. Your employer will apply for visa waiver on your behalf and UKVI will issue you a visa waiver letter which will allow you entry into the UK.
They started it during this COVID period because UK visa office in Nigeria and many other places are closed because of the pandemic. That's why they put that in place so that doctors who want to travel to UK to resume job can do that.

I guess the problem was that their employer did not carry the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) along.
UK visa office in Nigeria we soon reopen, so they will leave soonest

Mumu! It’s a scam!

4 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
DBestDoc:

Madam, show me where it written in the article they had passed plab?

Can't you see that this is a scam organised by professional scammers

So it is only Nigerians that has doctors needed by the Uk??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by mrchineke: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

If it's a scam, then why will the plane come around?

The Airplane they were to board had to leave empty after they were prevented from boarding it.

This was stated in the first news that came out yesterday or 2 days ago.

Olodo, which mumu plane left Nigeria empty?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

Lol. I know you know the government have been approving "important" flights.

I think that's why they had to lie that they are going for training.

If they had claimed they are going there to work, there won't be any kind of approval.

Also, this article claimed a lot of doctors have applied since January, before the Pandemic.

They did exam and then proceeded to do Interview on Skype

If it's a scam, the scammers should have pulled the plug long ago.

They shouldn't have done any exam or interview.
Right, did the UK government approve their landing in the UK also? if they did, why didn't the UK immigration or government not inform the nigeria immigrations of their intentions? why did the doctors not make any contact with or to their said employers in the UK to support their claims atleast?

you know? so many nigerians including some.nigerian leaders thought that husppupi was a legit business man. grin until....he was arrested

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by RTSC: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
The only way to stop this is to create a bond scheme for doctors.

You can't leave until you have worked certain amount of years in Nigeria.

If not, doctor/patient ratio will keep falling.

It's not their fault for wanting to leave, but then we need to protect ordinary citizens.

The politicians can travel abroad if they have a headache.

It's ordinary citizens that will suffer if nothing drastic is done.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ayemileto(m): 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

To qualify as a doctor in the UK, you must have written and passed plab 1 and 2

There was no flight, there is a travel ban in place

International airport is not opened only local.

Lol. It's stated in the article that they already did written exam and granted Skype interview.

I don't know if the exam they did is PLAB though. But I know no scammer will go through that stress for £500.

Also, the process started since January.

Please go back and read the article again, this time more slowly, so you can understand.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ayemileto(m): 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
mrchineke:

Olodo, which mumu plane left Nigeria empty?

Guy read the first News on the link I posted.

The thread was on front page yesterday or 2 days ago.

Just go and read that news.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by mrchineke: 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
DBestDoc:

Oga, please show us precisely where the article said they have already passed their PLAB.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

Lol. It's stated in the article that they already did written exam and granted Skype interview.

I don't know if the exam they did is PLAB though. But I know no scammer will go through that stress for £500.

Please go back and read the article again, this time more slowly, so you can understand.
so because it started in January it couldn't have been a scam? also £500x58 doctors i think you would find it's a substantial amount especially when it's free money to the scammers besides no amount is too little to a scammer it's all profit and at no cost price. grin

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by mrchineke: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
These useless doctors should be bonded to serve the country for a minimum of 5 years before leaving to go abroad.

4 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by harridon710(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
For your landed properties and houses to rent in Abuja call harridon homes on 08135674241
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Correcto:
Lol does a company or firm have the right to grant visa waiver. Doctors contact NHS or Home Office if you want to run out of the country.
The NES is like the NHS but private. They can arrange for that and they indeed did.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
AntiWailer:
without giving them visa ?

What if they get there and d no give dem visa.

They would be using them with crappy pay.
You think UK health service is like your corrupt Nigeria?
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Adeprince80: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Federal Government should let them go,we have more than enough .....in Chris Ngige voice.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
dozymars:
This is clearly a communication gap between the UK visa office in Nigeria and the Nigeria Immigration service.

It could also be that the Nigerian doctors have been scammed.

They were not scammed. The NES is a big organisation and this thing was well-known in medical circles.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

the article didnt make mention of Plab.

Plab 1 is written in Nigeria, the next exam is in September and you do not do interview to write plab 2

plab 2 is written in the UK

PLAB 2 was cancelled but the restart date is from 13 August 2020

Mr, they collected 500 pound from 54 people that is 27,000 pounds

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

The NES is like the NHS but private. They can arrange for that and they indeed did.

yeah they arranged for that from only Nigeria grin grin

You guys are very funny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

This is scam..you guys be smart.

To work in the Uk as a doctor you must have written and passed plab1 and plab 2
They had passed and had GMC registration. Meaning they've all been licensed to practise in the UK. The lockdowns just prevented them from going till this arrangement came up.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by frog12: 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
NES like NHS. you are one OLODO. PROVE IT

Chartey:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by studentofTruth: 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

What you said is in the DNA of most Nigerians. Pull him down syndrome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:
they collected 500 pounds from each of them for placement

Now this looks like an organised fraud by scammers

They're normally supposed to pay for their own flight. Since there were no passenger flights, the NES chartered one for them and paid part of it since it would have been too expensive for them. So the 500 pounds was their part of the flight fare.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

They were not scammed. The NES is a big organisation and this thing was well-known in medical circles.

There is nothing like that in medical circles

Where visas are waived because of doctors from developing countries like Nigeria.

Even go to the Uk embassy site, there is no info of any need of doctors

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.