Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question (85528 Views)

Ladies, How Do You Feel When Your Boyfriend Asks You For Money? / Heartbreak: Lady Weeps As She Asks Guys What They Want From Relationships / Chidera Eggerue 'The Slumflower' On Saggy Boobs: "When Man Asks You Why Your.." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Korllami007: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lucrativress:

See what you just said "barely know"
I think the answer is right in these word's
This would surely make me know how to answer
Never forget even wise men have their stupid time's it doesn't still stop them from being wise

I understand you jare. You'll even give him the name of the guys you have slept with self.

The guy will be like... grin grin

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by trutht828: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Baba kiss my ass. Enough attention given. Ode

Oh, so you now have a new title as an ọ̀dẹ̀.

Wawu!

Impressive!

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Ladyvixen: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
lograr:
Can you take care of me?

No . I cannot, I should not, I will not, I must not.. grin .

Lolzzzz, you've said it all

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by babtoundey(m): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
lexy2014:

Pls explain how "can u take care of me" means "providing emotional support, the love, care and attention"?

Toor. Believe me. I don't have the strength to explain further. The little explanation I did should suffice.
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by ume1000: 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
blinkz4real:
"Can u take care of me" is not always what ur small mind is telling u she is thinking. She could mean can u be my support system, can I really share my thots n feelings 2 u n u won't tk me 4granted or tk advantage of me, can I confide in u, can u be a person who can advise her on d right path 2 success. How abt that?

Don't always think its ur money she is after bros, have respect 4 women pls n if others do it don't assume all of dem re like that.

Moreover u re the man are u not suppose 2 take care of ur woman? Anyway sha its for matured n responsible men 2 undstnd but pls try 2 reason things positively n u ll c women respect n adore u.
and who gets to take care of the man

Abi the man no women slave
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
THUNDAR:
Seriously guys! things are not Really what they seems on the first date, just because she asked "can you take care of me" on the first date does not mean Jack, there are smart and intelligent ladies Who would purposely say annoying things on first date to see How you react, and may turn up to be independent women. just the way you keep checklists and tick Which she fails and passes so some of them do too. But some of them (a lot actually) na Akamu they say it as they feel!

Seriously,I wonder why people reason like goats inorder to score cheap neutrality point.....

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Queenslander(f): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
igwegeorgiano:
Op, you re very well on point. My recent encounter with a delta lady whom I have spent over 7m just to make her feel my care and love for her is a case on point. She told me am very stingy and can't take care of her. Can you beat that? I have since shown her the red card and she is beging to come back but my stand remain capital NO
N7 million? Wow, isn't that excessive?
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by babtoundey(m): 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lucrativress:

Thank you jare
It's only an immature man that would jump into conclusion without thinking of the morales of the lady in question first to decipher her reasons
You're right. The personality, manners and PROBABLY class of the lady in question suggest her intent.
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Korllami007: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
Queenslander:
N7 million? Wow, isn't that excessive?

The money was used to take care of her emotional, spiritual, and attentional needs, but not for her material needs like some people would say. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Lovelyn451(f): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
holatin:
not all guy want the bad gurl, social media slayers...some of us want peace of mind over loml. peace out !
na so...wen they finally meet peace of mind they'll say they need a little heart attack to spice it up...insatiable beings!! Peace out
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by encryptjay(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Can you take care of me?

Can you take care of my mother?

They ask such questions and start beefing with with your mother and siblings at some point.
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Queenslander(f): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
Korllami007:

The money was used to take care of her emotional, spiritual, and attentional needs, but not for her material needs like some people would say. grin grin grin
hmm, next time. Channel such monies to your family and close friends.. That w be better investment!! tongue
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by ogahope(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
authority2006:

I disagree. It has been 100% support from wife my since I married her 9 years ago, no family member could match her support and love. Blood alone is not enough reason. Remember, that wife you excluded gave you the same children you included
It seems he's not yet married or he married the wrong one, he forgot that his mother is a woman too
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Gentle0wavez: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
Back then once meet a lady, I asked her out she told me that she is only want a man that will help her develop, by develop I sense where she is aiming at na so I thrash the thought..... Each time i came to buy from the pharmacy she work she always want me to part with my change the thing even made me to stop going there or else na round number payment....

Kai, so your change is developing her. See development.

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Joeade1988: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
[quote author=XshegzzyeeiX post=91758362]Good morning. Romancelanders.
Welcome to midweek.
Hmmmmm.........from my own experience this same question led me to where i am today. She asked me can u take care of me? And I foolishly yes today am regretting it cos she has suck the hell out of me financially ☹️☹️☹️
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Caleycash(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
jawalis:
I’ll say Yes. Fvck the b!tch after a while and dispose her. Mission accomplished
are you me?, am I you?, are we we?, bros na d sure way be dat for useless girls wey no wan get sense!
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by holatin(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lovelyn451:
na so...wen they finally meet peace of mind they'll say they need a little heart attack to spice it up...insatiable beings!! Peace out
as I said some of us....not all of us are teenager or children who still see relationship as a path to sex or sexual or social entanglement....and who are the insatiable being ?....as I said..."some of us ".

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
blinkz4real:
"Can u take care of me" is not always what ur small mind is telling u she is thinking. She could mean can u be my support system, can I really share my thots n feelings 2 u n u won't tk me 4granted or tk advantage of me, can I confide in u, can u be a person who can advise her on d right path 2 success. How abt that?

Don't always think its ur money she is after bros, have respect 4 women pls n if others do it don't assume all of dem re like that.
Moreover u re the man are u not suppose 2 take care of ur woman? Anyway sha its for matured n responsible men 2 undstnd but pls try 2 reason things positively n u ll c women respect n adore u

Brilliant post. I am not surprised it is unpopular here. Your words are gold nuggets.
kiss

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
plessis:
There's no difference between caring for someone and taking care of someone. Also, women these days have been empowered and are doing well as men. Some take care of themselves and are very comfortable. All they need is companionship and emotional support which she might term CARE. Evening giving your partner attention and listening ears might be what some women term CARE.

such woman will therefore ask:"can you care about me" and certainly not " can you take care of me"
thats the whole difference, and women know it... you dont "TAKE CARE" of someone emotionally, you CARE for them emotionally.
she doesnt want you to care about her (aka love her), she wants you to take care "of" her (aka be responsible for her needs)....

If you want a woman and you make her an offer, she has the right to negotiate and demand care as her own term. That's why I said it depends on what you want. Most women are obsessed with their newly gotten freedom. This freedom has caused a loss of certain core societal values in our women. Chastity, discipline, Honesty, tolerance etc are now scarce in our women. Now, if you meet a woman who possesses these values, these scarce traits, are you saying you'd walk away just because she asked that you take care of her?

this is just me... i despise lazy people, just like i dislike rude/deceitful/disrespectful/untrustworthy/unfaithful people. IMHO, no matter how good a woman is, the minute she asks me to be responsible for her life needs, thats the minute she become USELESS to me. dont get me wrong, a good woman is an asset to any man, and when you meet her, then you share life with her...so my life is entangled with hers, my house is your house, we can make joint future plans together...but if you came in this union with a job and you were paying for your own needs, then dont suddenly expect me to be responsible for you. is she now a baby that i would now have to be responsible for this adult person's need?!? what respectable woman would even want you to do that?!

remember : there is nothing wrong with a man offering a gift/helping once in a while his woman....but dont make this a requirement for dating.

Also, like I said, love is an act of selflessness, an extension of the self for the purpose of the growth of oneself or another person. If you love someone, the only thing you should be concerned about is the growth of that person. And How can you help your partner grow without taking care of her? Charity is one major half of love. If you are not ready to give, to help, you shouldn't be talking about love. If you love your partner, you should try as much as possible to reduce your expectations to the barest minimum so that you can love her effectively.

if you meet a gainfully employed woman, and you suddenly decide that because you guys are in a r/ship, you will pay for all her needs then you certainly aint helping that person, you only make that person depending on you...you are actually LOWERING that person. helping someone grow has absolutely nothing to do with taking care of her needs, and all to do with supporting whatever she is doing, being there for her emotionally and encouraging her in whatever she is doing...possibly advising her on what to do and how to do it....and even if it had anything to do with money, then it should SOLELY be a man's decision and certainly not a requirement for her to be with you.

Next time you want to talk about what you people of today are practicing, don't call it love. Call it what it is. Cathexis.

anyone who uses money as a tool to value love matters doesnt know what love is...

2 Likes

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by fortune1968: 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
jawalis:
I’ll say Yes. Fvck the b!tch after a while and dispose her. Mission accomplished
That is if your motive is all about sex . Remember, some men are out for companionship and a rewarding relationship not primarily for sex .

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Caleycash(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You crybabies should go listen to Bill Withers song "Lean On Me" and be wise. Generation on mature responsible men is fast eroding unfortunately.
Generation of loyal, respectful and virtuous women has already eroded!!!... this world has been in deep shit when it comes to relationship since giving women power with their useless feminist crap, well I thank God it will never work here in Africa!!!

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by decub: 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
lograr:
Can you take care of me?

No . I cannot, I should not, I will not, I must not.. grin .
Add one bottle to your 17:59...You valid.

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by stalingraddd(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
blinkz4real:

Moreover u re the man are u not suppose 2 take care of ur woman? Anyway sha its for matured n responsible men 2 undstnd but pls try 2 reason things positively n u ll c women respect n adore u.
thou shall not simp

1 Like

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by solonubinho(m): 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
XshegzzyeeiX:
Good morning. Romancelanders.
Welcome to midweek.

So I'm of the opinion that in a relationship, a man and a woman ought to care for one another. But some women feel so entitled that they only expect a man to take care of them without reciprocating the gestures.

It's very wrong for a woman to bring that statement of "can you take care of me?" when I ask her out. I brandish her a red card immediately she makes such statement.

I detest selfish women, and I believe so many others do.

Only simps welcome such waywardness.

PS: I've braced up for your criticisms, insults and cuss words.

Feminists, waddaya have to say.
Alpha males, what's your take on this matter.
White Knights, let's hear you out.

Is it right or totally wrong for a woman to pop that question "can you take care of me" when you ask her out?

If she can't take care of herself, what on earth are you doing with her in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
igwegeorgiano:
Op, you re very well on point. My recent encounter with a delta lady whom I have spent over 7m just to make her feel my care and love for her is a case on point. She told me am very stingy and can't take care of her. Can you beat that? I have since shown her the red card and she is beging to come back but my stand remain capital NO

you can spend 100M and she will still not be happy... better yet, ask yourself this question: if another dude decides to spend 10M for her "care" today, do you think she will still value you and your 7M (already spent)?!
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
so agreeing to date would be in response if u agree to be paying her money monthly or weekly bah?
anyway only low self esteemed men would still go along to date her if she puts down such a question

2 Likes

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
OvaSabi1:
The best way to answer a tough and intimidating question is by answering with another question. First of all, acknowledge that you find that question interesting. Add that the question is making you see her in a different but interesting light. At this stage, she is wondering if she has mis-yarned. Be cool and calm. Tell her that it is the duty of partners to take care of each other but that the term means different things to different people. Then proceed to ask her what that term means to her and ask her for examples so that you can understand her worldview... and watch her stammer and rephrase until she tells you exactly what you want to hear.

By approaching the question this way, you are showing that you are a man capable of introspection and critical reasoning and this is an asset to any woman especially those who are hypergamous.

She may tell you that she wants a man who will take her shopping and buy her recharge cards and also pay the school fees of her younger siblings. Don't lose your cool. Tell her that it is the responsibility of a man to make sacrifices for a woman of value, who continuously inspires him to be his most confident, masculine self. And that you are ready to do this for any woman who you find to have this value. Make sure that you are all these things you claim you are, and not just bluffing oh. At this point, a sensible woman will start asking herself if she has the value that will make you take care of her. Some of us women are merely crafty. You have to be prepared for questions in advance.

After you have repaid her mind games to her, you need to withdraw and wait for her to come on to you again. Stop pursing at this stage but remain casual and in touch. As soon as she comes back to you, then pursue asking her out. I am a female and giving this advice for free because I been nor dey like to see as my naija brothers dey struggle.

Guys I love the brains on this one. She's definitely a breathe of fresh air far removed from the malodorous proclivities of the quintessential crass, irritable NL female.

But just one more thing; even if the most fulfilling heterosexual relationships can often times be transactual, it will be wrong to think attraction is negotiable. No high-value male worth his salt needs to convince some basic chick - with a litany of his best attributes - for her to find him worthy enough to get into a relationship with him.

It's overkill. So it's simply a question of whether the juice is worth the squeeze, and any girl on that table is lame AF.

2 Likes

Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
U Are Rice.
igwegeorgiano:
over 7 million sad
bro do u know u can use such money to sponsor yourself to some european countries and begin a phd programme sad
Re: When Asking Her Out, Let Her Go If She Asks You This Question by Ajsmart(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
When someone show or tell you who they are, believe them. Any woman that asks if you can take care of her is showing you she only cares about material things and will always go with the highest bidder. Only a fool will carry on with her.

XshegzzyeeiX:
Good morning. Romancelanders.
Welcome to midweek.

So I'm of the opinion that in a relationship, a man and a woman ought to care for one another. But some women feel so entitled that they only expect a man to take care of them without reciprocating the gestures.

It's very wrong for a woman to bring that statement of "can you take care of me?" when I ask her out. I brandish her a red card immediately she makes such statement.

I detest selfish women, and I believe so many others do.

Only simps welcome such waywardness.

PS: I've braced up for your criticisms, insults and cuss words.

Feminists, waddaya have to say.
Alpha males, what's your take on this matter.
White Knights, let's hear you out.

Is it right or totally wrong for a woman to pop that question "can you take care of me" when you ask her out?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Former Nun Who Quit The Convent Makes Her Debut As A Porn Star / How Did He Know She Cheated? / Dwarf Guy With Swag Rocks Tall, Beautiful Young Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.