Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. (72896 Views)

Bet9ja Has Crashed!? / Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career / Bet9ja Has Stolen From Me, Please Help Me!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by gaskiyamagana: 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
Evidence1000:
My name is David. I'm a 24 year old young man. I'm in my final year in one of the universities in the south west.
I'm addicted to gambling. Like, I can't just help it.

The craze for this thing started sometime last year. It has eaten deep into me that it now dictates my mood. The only time I can be genuinely happy is when I win money from bet9ja virtual. If I should loose, it makes me very sad to the extent that I see myself as a useless person.

I've gone to the extent of using my school fees to play virtual and that of my course mate that trusted me so much. Though, I was able to pay my course mate's fees without her knowing the truth, I'm unable to pay mine till now. I always have this mentality that I will win.

Whenever money enters my hand like this, no matter how little, it is to head straight to Bet9ja shop or online. The urge is usually very strong. Sometimes, it seems like there's a force pushing me to do it.
Before this lock down, I accumulated a debt of over a hundred thousand naira in a Bet9ja shop in my school environment which I'm unable to pay till now.
I know the owner of the shop would be waiting to pick me up with police when I resume. I don't know what to do.

I need help badly. I've prayed to God severally but it's as if nothing is happening. I've even promised God not to play Bet9ja again but I keep on seeing myself still playing it.

Right now as I'm typing this, I just came from a Bet9ja shop where I lost money. Money that is not even my own. Sometimes, I feel like taking my life so that everything will just end but if I remember the pain it would cause my mother, I'll just hold back.

Please for the people that were once addicted to gambling, how did you stop it? Is there any remedy for it because I'm in need of it badly?

I can't sleep at night anymore because I'm always thinking of debts that I've accumulated which has run into over 300,000. All thanks to Bet9ja virtual.

Someone advised me to get a job that would keep me busy so that I won't have time to play virtual but there are no jobs. I don't mind doing any, even if it is a menial job till school resumes.

Please I need your advice. Feel free to bash me because I deserve more than that even.

Please I'd appreciate if you can move this to front page.
Go to your village where there is no light to watch Television let alone hear news about football games, I mean Chelsea vs.......
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Davidbakas(m): 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
i am also a victim of it too, but i thank God for nw, only advice i can give u is dat, when ever you get money try and do d necessary things in ur life b4 thinking of gambling, engage ur self in some activities dat will not allow u to see ur self in such area, as for me when i was playing it, i used to budget every thing, i will give my wife her money for d house expenses and d rest, den i Will recharge my bet9ja account with 1k or 2k, if play i didn't win, den till another month again, so just avoid going to bet shops, and if possible sale out ur Android phone for d main time ok

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by drkrest(m): 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
Evidence1000:
My name is David. I'm a 24 year old young man. I'm in my final year in one of the universities in the south west.
I'm addicted to gambling. Like, I can't just help it.

The craze for this thing started sometime last year. It has eaten deep into me that it now dictates my mood. The only time I can be genuinely happy is when I win money from bet9ja virtual. If I should loose, it makes me very sad to the extent that I see myself as a useless person.

I've gone to the extent of using my school fees to play virtual and that of my course mate that trusted me so much. Though, I was able to pay my course mate's fees without her knowing the truth, I'm unable to pay mine till now. I always have this mentality that I will win.

Whenever money enters my hand like this, no matter how little, it is to head straight to Bet9ja shop or online. The urge is usually very strong. Sometimes, it seems like there's a force pushing me to do it.
Before this lock down, I accumulated a debt of over a hundred thousand naira in a Bet9ja shop in my school environment which I'm unable to pay till now.
I know the owner of the shop would be waiting to pick me up with police when I resume. I don't know what to do.

I need help badly. I've prayed to God severally but it's as if nothing is happening. I've even promised God not to play Bet9ja again but I keep on seeing myself still playing it.

Right now as I'm typing this, I just came from a Bet9ja shop where I lost money. Money that is not even my own. Sometimes, I feel like taking my life so that everything will just end but if I remember the pain it would cause my mother, I'll just hold back.

Please for the people that were once addicted to gambling, how did you stop it? Is there any remedy for it because I'm in need of it badly?

I can't sleep at night anymore because I'm always thinking of debts that I've accumulated which has run into over 300,000. All thanks to Bet9ja virtual.

Someone advised me to get a job that would keep me busy so that I won't have time to play virtual but there are no jobs. I don't mind doing any, even if it is a menial job till school resumes.

Please I need your advice. Feel free to bash me because I deserve more than that even.

Please I'd appreciate if you can move this to front page.
you were smart enough to even highlight the solution in your post. I will like to underscore it tho, get a job even if it is menial job and stop being greedy.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by deebrain(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
Totoscatter212:
17 year old boy who won millions in bet9ja is now building house its indeed a game of luck

You are a wicked somebody.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Vikalinda(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
REASONS YOU HAVE A PROBLEM

Most authorities agree that if you manifest several of the following behaviors, you are a problem gambler, and if you experience any one of these behaviors, you are at risk of becoming a problem gambler.

(1) Preoccupation

You are preoccupied with gambling​—wanting to relive past gambling experiences, planning the next venture, or thinking of ways to get money with which to gamble.

(2) Tolerance

You need to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement.

(3) Withdrawal

You are restless or irritable when attempting to cut down on or stop gambling.

(4) Escape

You gamble as a way of escaping from problems or relieving feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, or depression.

(5) Chasing

After losing money gambling, you often return another day in order to get even. This behavior is known as chasing one’s losses.

(6) Lying

You lie to family members, therapists, or others to conceal the extent of your involvement with gambling.

(7) Loss of control

You have made repeated unsuccessful efforts to stop, control, or cut back on gambling.

(coolIllegal acts

You have committed illegal acts, such as fraud, theft, or embezzlement, in order to finance your gambling.

(9)Risked significant relationship

You have jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, an education or career opportunity, or a job because of gambling.

(10) Bailout

You have relied on others to provide money to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Bennysam: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
p0rn/masturbation, drugs, gambling and junk food are addiction that are not easy to get rid of, unless you have a strong will and desire to do so. sadly, it looks like only when that dude you owe money will catch you (and severly deal with you) that you will hopefully understand that betting is rubbish. until then, no matter what we tell you, you will continue gambling
shut up if you don't know what to
say
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by kenzysmith: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
IamDavid:

I guess you've never been addicted to anything before. Curse can't do anything o...
bros i was addicted to virtual for good 3yrs i place a curse on my self and it work perfectly next month will make it one year since i place it, i never taught i will ever quit but it work out.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Benprince25: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
For me oooo....it's better bet9ja kills me..
I have lost enough money....I must recover my money back ooo����
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by emmnprince(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Addiction is a disease! To kill the disease, kill the addiction.

It is greed that pushed many to consider gamble as a way to cash out BIG time.

I won't be able to advice you because I have not walked in that path. But I have heard true life stories of how virtual Bet9ja game disgraced and ruined people. The story wasn't palatable.

One thing you should know is this: If the willingness is there (as I see it in you), you can come out of it stronger than before. Some addictions can be killed instantly, some gradually and with the passage of time.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by akmath: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
Don't mind BET9JA, na so them de do, you can try BETKING
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Vikalinda(m): 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
PRAY TO GOD FOR HELP TO STOP,
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO AN AWAKE PUBLICATION ON HOW TO STOP GAMBLING.
MANY HAD STOP GAMBLING BY APPLYING THE SUGGESTIONS GIVEN IN THE ARTICLE.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/awake/awake-1993/august-8
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Nasrothschild(m): 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by therajah: 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Pray harder and discipline yourself.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Thomthom(m): 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Casan0va:
My guy, i will tell you the truth and nothing but the truth.
Gambling has a spirit, especially virtual.
My own addiction then was live bet, not booking, like games that were already going on.
This ruined my life to a large extent and i will explain.
When i was in school, i missed a whole semester examination because of virtual.
How, you may ask. I used my house rent to play bet, not just that, when examinations were drawing nigh, i squandered the money my parents do send to me then because of gambling.
I borrowed money from a friend to go pay my exam fees so i can write the exams, even after missing lots of tests and assignments.
The guy gav me the money to pay the exam fees, guess the first place i entered cheesy Bet9ja shop to play virtual, an exam was that day and i was yet to evn register courses online embarassed, the only tangible thing i used that money to do was to eat food that morning, the rest was lost in that virtual shop.
I did not write the exam that day.

Was such behaviour from someone that is with his senses? I used my sisters money and switched off my phone so they won contact me lipsrsealed cry

That one is just for bet9ja virtual, afterwards i hated it with a deep hatred and detested it with everything in my being.
I went back sometimes before finally stopping that one, but the damage was already done.
i was hooked into the lure of winning quick money, normal hustle was neglected or seen as a waste of time.

I got involved fully into booking and there was a time i won over 500k but i lavished it under 4 months and went back to square one.
The addiction got deeper.
Another instance was when i used 150k sent by my dad to get laptop and pay school fees, money he borrowed and received insult ontop o cry cry
I kept dodging till he found out i didn't buy the laptop.
I cried and begged him that it wont happen again but i still find myself going back, to the extent that 5k cant be in my account without me thinking of funding to play.
Is this the behavior of someone that is normal?

I finally got really fed up, made a decision and took it to God in prayer to deliver me because many people don't even realise its a spiritual problem.
It doesnt end in prayers though, make yourself accountable to someone. Till you can trust yourself to hold money without dashing to play virtual, put your finances in the hands of another.
Don't listen to people say you should place a curse on yourself because you will still go back to play.
Hope this helps,

Make antispam bot no ban me because e long o grin grin grin
O boy, your own addiction even worse pass OP own
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by oneTIMEman(m): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
I won 35k tonight, all thanks to bet9ja
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by greatefa1011(m): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
You won it's ok, but you failed to understand the behind the scene.
To get out of this addiction there is only one option. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior, then undergo deliverance and all this spirit will depart from you remember you customers are watching you carefully.
If you need solution contact the Ministry of Jesus Christ for a fresh life in Christ.
God bless and prosper you sir.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Denko2721987(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
EngrMarve:
Gambling is addictive, if you can't control yourself then channel that energy to forex trading.

By the way there's difference between gambling and soccer trading.
Gambling is an act of foolishness and greed.

For me, legit hustle is all I do.

Disclaimer:

Disregard my advice on forex trading.

Just learn programming and channel your addiction to it.

I laughed when u called forex trading becos that one na the real MVP of 'Egugun na express you they go' that will even hahsten the suicide self.. hmmmm, Life no easy..

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by kenzysmith: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
ChildOfDoom:
As harsh as what i am about to say might sound, there is no cure. You will drop out of school, steal to gamble, sell your properties and that of family members, just to play bet9ja virtual. No amount of advice and prayer from a priest will make you stop. Even beating from community boys or arrest, won't work. It's just one year you started, by 2022, your debts/troubles will be worse. People should avoid any financial dealings with you for their own good. I am speaking as a bet9ja addict too. Since 2015. I am miserable and unfortunate in life. The earlier the govt sees bet9ja as the new enemy of the youths, the better
all what u said is the basic truth i started virtual late 2016 i stop late 2019 during this years i experience what u type except droping out but i had an extra year. Now i look gud and fresh since i stop.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Obifather(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
My brother i feel your pain.
I was once a victim. Though mine didn't eat deep to the extent of accumulating up to 300k debt.
Let me tell you how i managed to escape the deadly addiction.
Initially, i started by telling my friends that are into betting that i have resigned. That nobody should near me with anything concerning betting discussions.
Secondary, i deleted some football prediction apps and livescore apps from my phone. I disassociated myself from football news, arguments and predictions.
However, i told myself that since i can't stop betting instantly the way i wished, i promised myself that i won't spend more than N100 per week which is N400 per month. I normally use the N100 to play one week long ticket and I also promised myself not to check the game until the next week when I will play new game. That was how i started doing it gradually till i started forgetting to play game sometimes.
But for you to archive all these, you must forget about all the money you have lost in betting because thinking about the money will always push you to continue betting with hope that one day you will win and recover all the money you have lost.
Tell your close sister or girlfriend to help you get out of the addiction. I told my girlfriend when I was battling with mine, and she helped me by picking offense with me anything she noticed that I'm into betting website. Either we dragged my phone with me or she leave me angrily and go.

Also pray for God's intervention as well.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Benalfa(m): 11:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
freshkpomo:

1. Get a side hustle

2. Start a blog, maybe not a news blog, you can blog about the things you like Or what you are studying in school. This will so eat your time as you will be busy researching. Don't forget to apply for and Adsense account so that the little earning will encourage you to put in more effort.

Together we can make Nigeria better

Nigerian youths team-up let's reclaim Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.
baba about this blogging can u throw more light on how to go about it and also about the adsense, since school shut down been at home pls sir
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by ifeolamide00(m): 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
bro you have to start with the belief that virtual is a killer, it Does 99%bad and a single %good, you have to know that virtual is programmed only to eat money, it will kill you, been in your shoes before, even if you get a job, you will sneak back there with the money you earn and the little opportunity you get, know that you can never be successful through virtual and I think you also need God's intervention bc it's not easy to stop,im sure you are growing lean already,plus your blood pressure is high too. Virtual is a killer,no one knows how to play it o, it's programmed only to ruin you

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by muonemeleviw: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
Get a job, avoid friends that r gambling, u can open ur own shop if it gives u passion.
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by PROPHETmichael: 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
Totoscatter212:
17 year old boy who won millions in bet9ja is now building house its indeed a game of luck

Now, you will make the Guy not to quit thinking he's next on the line for a miracle.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by ifko: 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blaze232:
My brother this gambling stuff renders 12% of 100 million businessmen and job men into being jobless and without business on daily basis. If care is not taken very soon men will be out of job cos of this rubbish.

The best is for you to accept Jesus as lord and savior, avoid d money, avoid going there and always know that GETTING RICH QUICKLY kills faster than cancer
U are on point bro..betnja finished my church friend shop. This guy sells tiles but now back to square one with wife and two children.
I pity people playing bet. I was addicted to table tennis when I was young before my mum beat e crazily one day...the day I will never forget and that's how I left table tennis gambling. U watch ball very well but I don't even know the meaning of odd they used to shout may be because I switched off my mind to bet.
Bro David I pray that God will help u.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Benalfa(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
yusman14:
I busy(I am now into front-end web development,if you are in sciences or engineering I can suggest lucrative IT skills for you)..I don't have a laptop so I am using my Android for HTML5,CSS3 and JavaScript,and i am good at python)....
Close to a month now I haven't played and I didn't die...you need to talk to your Creator and confess your sin(1john1:9),make up your mind not to play again (be disciplined) and forget all your loss(when there is life, definitely there is hope).. because you will always be tempted to play... gambling is demonic...
that is what I did and my life has been going well for now...my financial capacity is now improving...
if you need more guidance sir,let me know so we can chat on WhatsApp..
pls suggest the lucrative it skills,my only reason 4 not learning these skills was u must have a laptop but seeing ur post motivated me baba,pls advice me the way forward.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by mandate12: 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
p0rn/masturbation, drugs, gambling and junk food are addiction that are not easy to get rid of, unless you have a strong will and desire to do so. sadly, it looks like only when that dude you owe money will catch you (and severly deal with you) that you will hopefully understand that betting is rubbish. until then, no matter what we tell you, you will continue gambling

Hahahaha.. you've got no chill bro!
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by mandate12: 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
osamz007:
BABA LIFE ITSELF NA RISK grin

COME COLLECT TWO SURE ODDS TOMORROW. BORROW 100K PLAY AM

cheesy cheesy get behind him Satan !
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by yusman14(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
Benalfa:
pls suggest the lucrative it skills,my only reason 4 not learning these skills was u must have a laptop but seeing ur post motivated me baba,pls advice me the way forward.
Alright..you can learn computer programming (You need knowledge of mathematics to explore in this field) download pydroid3 from play store and download videos and E-books..
website development is also cool..u can learn from w3school,but the best app for this is codeliber(they will award you free certificate on completion of each course ranging from HTML to css to J's).. download codeliber app for each script on play store...
learn machine learning too or data analysis (udemy will help you out)....all for FREE..

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by kenzysmith: 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
ArisingStorm:

I used to be a Marijuana, Masturbation, Pornography, Gambling Addict. Core Addict. Debt is a way of life in gambling.

My advice, Realize it is demons that have enslaved you and pushing you to a quick end. Get serious with your Maker. It is your Maker that will grant unto you strength to overcome. There are chains all over you, You need help from above to cut yourself off, I was once a victim, that's why I am telling you with confidence. I acquired 650k debts then, was planning on jumping off third mainland bridge or run away to Cotonou.

step 1 : Know it is demons (spiritual controls the physical)
Step 2 : Start hating this demons
Step 3: Start getting serious with your spiritual wellbeing.
Step 4 : You need to live a holy life, no way out...
Step 5 : The struggle begins, if you think you can stop betting overnight, You are deceiving yourself, You will stop, they will come again, drag u, it is a struggle. Anyone that tells u that block site and so on, bro, it is sprirtual, just know you are in a war. Don't give up, You will overcome.

I have been granted strength by my maker, I have no addictions. All Praises to The Most High.

I am sincerely not deceiving you or being religious, I did not mention church, pastor or mosque.

Go deep into your heart and seek your maker, Your maker will give you strength and authority over this stupid demons.
bro ur quote re really inspiring my addiction is going to brothels
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Slurity(m): 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
I need deliverance that the OP. My case is different
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by mrkings84(m): 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lastly ba, I get one solution wey dey work Wella, genuinely make an oath with whatever you serves, and place a DEEP curse on yourself should you returned to gambling. It will restrict you till your mind is totally free of it. [/quote]

Asking him to place a deep curse on himself through a oath is a wicked advice. You saying so cos u don't know what it means to be addicted. If he like, let him go to Okija shrine for the oath, he will still return.

As one that has been in ur shoeS, just learn to have a limit in ur involvement in that virtual games cos u may not be able to stop automatically.

But just know one thing U ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HELP YOURSELF GET OUT OF THIS ADDICTION THE GOD'S GRACE!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Amodu Shuaibu's Tribute To Stephen Keshi From Keshi's Condolence Register / Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.