Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,571 members, 7,840,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

5boro's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5boro's Profile / 5boro's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5boro: 9:22pm On Mar 01
Good evening everyone. Please, I need advice as this is my first time here and I don’t even understand most of the acronyms being used.

I’m 29 yrs and I studied mechanical engineering, currently working in a very good paying company in Nigeria but with the insecurities and devaluation of the naira with its less purchasing power, I’m not sure where this country is going and would love to opt out now that I have the funds and I’m relatively still young. I know nothing of this PR process or what to expect over there if there are good jobs and stuff. I hope to start reading this thread by tonight from the first page to gain some insight but is Canada really worth it please? I need genuine advice so I don’t make a life mistake here.

PS; I currently earn between 500k to 1m monthly. Thanks guys 🥹🙏🏾
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Firstbank Graduate Trainee by 5boro: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
jasonex4:

Mails don drop??

Guy rest, you be oil worker already! Shuuu
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nlng Trainee Operator And Trainee Technician by 5boro: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2022
parsival:
Abeg any new update for the trainee operator position... It's been two months since I did pre employment medical examination and got a mail two days later for next steps and no other information till now.

Anyone who did the PEME please have you heard anything??

Did you receive the location mail sent June 1st?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
jasonex4:
Mails just dropped for the next stage

Update king! May God reward you for your consistency and diligence; your own mail is coming and you'll smile surely. grin

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 2:54pm On May 31, 2022
Zeal2rhyme:

In the Private sector, there is little or no regard for HND holders. Even if HND is employed as a permanent staff, they are usually paid lower than their B.sc counterparts and also do have growth limit.

In NLNG and IOCs, HND are taking only as operators and technicians, BSC works as engineer anf supervisors across various departments.

The 800k pay is for HND while BSC holders earn about 2M. Contract staff are well paid there also.

Thank you. But how person go dey earn 2meters monthly for entry level? Nor be juju be that; this life self! All these figures and info fit make person go dey think e life again o

God dey sha smiley

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 6:51am On May 31, 2022
jasonex4:

Are you just realising that there has ALWAYS been a discrimination between HND and BSc holders in Nigeria?

I thought they've scrapped it and even if it still exists in some companies, it shouldn't be this outrageous and massive! Whatever you're worth, they're worth ×2!

Personally, it's embarrassing. embarassed

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 3:22am On May 31, 2022
Zeal2rhyme:

Not entirely true.

For a graduate engineer trainee, NLNG pays better than all IOCs. The last entry level engineers were paid about 35M gross as at 2018. Even guys in IOCs will not hesitate to move to NLNG.

If it's the recently advertised Operators Trainee job with HND, they are taking them as a permanent staff. The ones taken some years back were flown to UK for a short training of some months. They were paid about 15M gross. Net was around 800k monthly excluding other allowances that I'm not aware of.

A job in NLNG is far better than NCDMB Job. Though NCDMB is superior to other federal government agencies like NNPC.

Thank you for this detailed information. Please, do you have any idea why the Bsc/B.eng guys(GT) were paid almost times(X) 2½ (Two and a half) of what the HND guys (operator/Technician) were paid then? Was it a one time thing or there's a HOOOGE discrimination between HND and Bsc guys in the company?

Are there discriminations in other areas or it's just the upfront? Like, as the Operators/Tech took home 800k net, mathematically the Bsc guys were taking home over 1.7m net monthly. If this is the case, then it's demoralising to say the least! Omo sad
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
In the words of Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon in 1969, "THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!"

Osa loburue migwo!

5 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Martosky98:
Please guys how do I join the WhatsApp group for those waitlisted. I clicked on the link and it doesn't seem to be working.

Drop your number and you'll be added sir.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Zegechi:
Medical mails have been sent for those in close proximity to Portharcourt

Probably the other areas might get theirs soon

can someone confirm

Affirmative.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
mohsaaf:

It seems no any genuine explanation about this wait list of a thing. Let's hope and pray we get absorbed before end of this year.

I have one. During the 2014/2015 experienced hire recruitment, some folks were waitlisted for 18months after the interview around April 2015. By October of same year, they received their medical mails; exactly 6months after they received their waitlisted mails.

They've done this before and it ended well. So, be positive!

Selah.

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2022
mohsaaf:

Got this somewhere, any contrary view?

"The waitlist thing is a very safe way of saying that due to financial constraints, those originally approved to move to the next stage may have to wait in the hope that the updated business plan changes when economic drivers favor a bigger budget.

It was the only way NLNG could tell those who made it initially that we cant take you now with out compromising on their integrity. They could also have said you failed and risk someone finding out that these candidates where actually approved for the next stage. In that case casting doubt on the whole process. I really do hope things change for the better, the economic forecast is sunny skies with a little showers for those waitlisted."

Financial constraints and NLNG in thesame sentence? Oh wow! shocked
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 7:44am On Apr 25, 2022
snowwhyte607:

I've also asked myself this very question, what's the essence of the wait list, why not absorb everybody that passed the interview?
It's annoying seriously!

In everything, be grateful sir. Some people who are probably smarter and wanted this more than you got regret mails.

Be grateful, be optimistic, and be prayerful in waiting. cheesy

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2022
Martosky98:
I don't think there is a WhatsApp group for people like us whey dey wait....lolzzzzz wahala ooooo But if there is let us know here abeg.

There is.
Crime / Re: Man Wipes 13-Year-Old Girl’s Private Part After Raping Her In Ibadan by 5boro: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 10:48am On Apr 09, 2022
Previous sets didn't have a WhatsApp group and rightly so! They had all conversations here and it made for good reads and information for folks like us.

But when it got to y'alls turn, you had to quickly create a WhatsApp group; "woke generation." Now, the thread is more or less dead. Enjoy. undecided

3 Likes

Romance / Re: I've Missed Dating Life by 5boro: 4:02am On Mar 16, 2022
mirexxx:
weldone awon transport fare girlfriends grin

I genuinely wish you well. Peace.
Romance / Re: I've Missed Dating Life by 5boro: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2022
Reading this thread just made me realise how blessed I am to have a 3year long stable relationship with a woman who loves, adores, and respects me; and most importantly has her own transport money.

Sometimes as healthy people, we should try visiting the hospitals; it'll help us appreciate our good health better. I wish us all well. kiss

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
haftob:

This group was opened to get updates about this particular job and that's wat those guys posting infos av been doing.
So u shouldn't be asking why they're anticipating the job irrespective of wat the pay is.

Okay, sorry sir.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 7:57am On Mar 09, 2022
Why do you guys anticipate this job this much? Do they really pay that much? undecided
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nice one guys. Well, I'm mechanical; Please and please, know the core of mechanical very well; Valves, pumps, compressors, turbines, boilers, etc. Their types, application, and WORKING PRINCIPLES. Mechanical laws like Archimedes, hookes law, etc and their applications. Machining, machine tools, types, and machining terms like tolerance, clearance, fits, and the likes.

These people like APPLICATIONS a lot; whatever you read, please read it's applications also. With God and a determined mindset, you too will get in as I got in (faithing it as at the moment of typing this.)

And they usually ask a single safety question but chances that it's hazard related is very high. What are the hazard associated with operating Rotating Equipment, hazard in the oil and gas sector, etc; Difference between hazard and risk and some practical example. Define hazard, fire, explain fire triangle. Major advice here is just start preparing early and you'll be fine.

Peace. grin

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Reekado Banks' New Look At Davido’s Concert Got Fans Worried (Photos) by 5boro: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
What is ice please? Is it a kind of drug or what?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nlng Trainee Operator And Trainee Technician by 5boro: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
deblack17:
Good afternoon house,
Please for those guys that tool part of the online interview, have you guys heard anything from NLNG? As regarding the next stage of the exercise.

The interview process just ended on Friday. So, it's too early to be expecting feedback.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nelson9999:
what's course bro
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nelson9999:
can we relate our experience the interview for future applicants.i was just enjoying the interview o until the guy from maintenance gave me one devastating question. I quickly recovered and gave him the best answer I could think of, then moved to the next one. In all the interview was good but the questions were unexpected. Mechanical

Seeing as the interview process is over, I'll suggest we leave some useful tips about our interview for posterity. Like your course, questions you were asked and advice for others. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
Suspense 2.0 undecided

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 4:08am On Feb 19, 2022
Like someone said during the 2017 recruitment here on nairaland, "Eyes on the mark."

Forget pay for now abeg wink grin
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nlng Trainee Operator And Trainee Technician by 5boro: 4:07am On Feb 19, 2022
ZoGo1521:
Please we that are shortlisted for an interview need to connect on WhatsApp, for ideas sharing.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 3:04am On Feb 15, 2022
Well, if you can't beat them, then you join them. Do you want info or not? Lol. grin
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2022
engineerTDH:
Sorry ooo..I want to ask the mail that we saw..is it for OPERATORs or Technicians....or for both

Both boss.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
Clowns.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by 5boro: 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
obinnanelson4:
pls where is the venue stated in yours.

No venue sir; it's an online interview.

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.