Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:40 AM

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience (26475 Views)

Owning Gun In Nigeria Is Illegal — Police / Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion / Girl Thrown Out Of Pool Party, Unclad, For Resisting Sexual Harassment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
edoairways:

Are you sure they are actually weed from the system? Although the video isn't clear, those police officers act like they have backup

D clearer version is on YouTube
I had to compress the video to make it easy to upload
Originally, the whole 17mins video was 2.3gig

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMnEuytR8jJdwIVfCt8Ut1A

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mykel51:

Send all to Segalink, copy ruggedman on Twitter ASAP...
I've done that sir.. No replies yet I'd appreciate your retweet too
https://twitter.com/DrealGABA/status/1284194013109800960?s=19

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Stallion93(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
Heathrow44:

Omo, finally u no get sense aswear, so na babe yansh wey u dey tank God say u no miss! U won't make heaven make I clean ur name! grin grin
grin
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Eillyeillz(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:

Yes I've tagged @segalink, I've even messaged him directly but no replies yet

You will. i am sure of it.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nostradamus: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:

I have a secret video recorder app on my phone
It records without the flashlight on, also without any form of notification or u can choose to use a decoy icon for notification. During and after recording, ur video is encrypted, it can't be found in your gallery, only u can choose where you want the video hidden. U can also choose the video quality. Good thing is that it keeps recording even when your phone is in idle mode, on lock or when the back light is off.. U can also choose which of the camera u want to use, if u would prefer the front or back camera.
biko what's the name of the recorder app?

Sorry about your ordeal bro.i hope you get justice fast.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by onyxo76(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:

Bros na so honesty take put me fr wahala so
bro ,those police no too sabi anything, i get boys wey arrange fake lab result say them dey HIV positive, always carry result for pocket or wallet, even sef get some nameless tablets for nylon,when police search them and find those things on them, bros na run them run from them.,some don even upgrade to covid 19 positive result, police no like to dey with anyone that can compromise their own health, they sef fear to die na.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
edoairways:

Are you sure they are actually weed from the system? Although the video isn't clear, those police officers act like they have backup

It is settled law that once a public officer ultra vires his/her statutory duties, he/she can no longer take cover under the relevant Public Officer Protection Act/Laws.

We as masses can therefore come together and start filing actions against erring members of the force in their official and personal capacity.

Once we get judgement, we can go after their pension contributions, salary account and other official remuneration inclusive of their personal properties.

This will send a very strong message to them. We need to wake up, stand up and fight for our right.

Social media campaign is no longer working. Class actions and mass actions will send a very strong message.

Cc: uboma

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
May God keep you. My in-law narrated her experience today at the hands of ecrack team today, she is a learner driver with valid permit, driving with her hubby when ecrack swopped on them saying they had no right to drive on the main road .

After showing them the learners permit and hubby drivers license, they proceeded to lock at vehicle papers and queried the papers saying that the color indicated is custom, they got angry when the husband asked them if custom is a color and wanted to bundle him in front of his wife.

These outfits need to regulated, they re supposed to fight cultists and hardened criminals not helpless women. They have no name tags , they used unmarked vehicles how do you know whether they re not kidnappers.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by SavageResponse(m): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
hardbody:

You just sounded dumb. Its like asking a lady why she should be found with a condom. Which of the laws says contraceptives are only preserves of the ladies. Cant a man take them along for the lady? You have the mentality of those policemen, are you one? I suspect you are.

You're an id1ot, but then I'm not surprised cos according to your own signature you're delirious.

If OP had no sinister motive why did he pay pay a bribe of 10K when he should have stood his ground.

Next time first remove your pea-sized brain from your anus before you make a comment!
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by SavageResponse(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nuel4:
how is that your business? Last month, when I went to the shoprite I bought postinor 2 for my girlfriend. So if police had seen me with it they would have tagged me a rapist and you would have asked me what I was doing with it?

Stop making an exhibit of your ignorance in public.

Just in case you do not know a police man has a right to ask you what you're doing with medication if you have it in your possession without a valid prescription

Anytime you're travelling to Europe or the Americas put a satchet of Postinor 2 in your pocket because it's your right; you will come back here and tell us your experience with customs on the opposite end
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by ymstar(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nigeria my country
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
SavageResponse:

Just in case you do not know a police man has a right to ask you what you're doing with medication if you have it in your possession without a valid prescription

Anytime you're travelling to Europe or the Americas put a satchet of Postinor 2 in your pocket because it's your right; you will come back here and tell us your experience with customs on the opposite end
what the fucck is this one talking about? Do dey prescribe postinor? What the actual fucck man? So doctors know when you are supposed to have unprotected sex with your partner? Go and sit down my friend you don't know what you are talking about. No doctor on earth prescribe postinor
We are even talking about movement within your own country where you are a citizen you here talking about taking drugs to another country where it can be suspected that you are concealing a banned drug and trying to smuggle it to another country
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Zannx(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:

If i let it die, u or any member of your family might be the next to encounter such. They might not be as lucky as I was. Shebi my own na only 10k, ur own fit b all d money wey dey ur account.

trying to get justice doesn't change the whole matter of this police matters..they are still alot of corrupt ones out there
well if you insist,i wish you all the best
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nostradamus:
biko what's the name of the recorder app?

Sorry about your ordeal bro.i hope you get justice fast.

Here sir
/secret-camera-recorder
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
SavageResponse:

You're an id1ot, but then I'm not surprised cos according to your own signature you're delirious.

If OP had no sinister motive why did he pay pay a bribe of 10K when he should have stood his ground.

Next time first remove your pea-sized brain from your anus before you make a comment!

Are u normal? Learn how to talk even when on social media... Do u knw how many important things I had to catch up with on that day? Aside that, u expect me to argue with an illiterate officer who sat me on the floor, removed his rifle from safety mode and threatened to shoot if I utter a word?... I doubt if ur type has ever heard live gunshots... If u were in my shoes, i bet u won't even be brave enough to make a video. I know your type...

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by sokkatua: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:
My name is David, On the 11th of July 2020 at around 11:50am, I was stopped by men of the Nigeria Police Force(Safer highways patrol) at the Ogori/Ageva road, Okene Local Govt, Kogi State. I was going to the market in company of a commercial motorcyclist whom I boarded his bike. When we got to the checkpoint, A police officer, ordered us to stop and requested to search my bag which I obliged.

While searching through my bag, they found a couple of drugs, precisely 4 tablets of paracetamol, 8 ferrous tablets, 10 folic acid tablets and a tablet of postpill, they ignorantly asked what the postpill tablet is used for, I told them it's a contraceptive, the officer who searched my bag obviously didn't know what a contraceptive is, I told him it is used to prevent pregnancy and next he exclaimed “Guy I don catch u, u dey use am do abortion abi”.

First, I thought it was all a joke, I laughed and started explaining all over again, before I could finish, one of the officers roughly pushed me from behind, held my trouser and ordered me to sit on the bare floor, I obeyed and tried not to be rude since they were all armed, they labeled me a a rapist and a muderer since they concluded contraceptives are used to commit abortion.

After a while, one of the officers came to me acting all friendly and asking me to negotiate with him so he can help me beg his colleagues because if I am taken to the cell at the area command I will spend nothing less than 3 days in custody asides the heavy torture I would receive. At this point, I secretly started an audio and video recording of the events.

While they kept harassing me, a woman who knows me came along and intervened, all her pleadings fell on deaf ears as the officers were insistent on taking nothing less than N100,000. At last they settled for N10,000 after all the harrasment, time waste, torture and emotional trauma. I have uploaded the video and audio recording of the incident as evidence.

I have posted it on the police PCRU twitter page, whatsapp number and even called their numbers. On whatsapp, the message has been read but no significant reply, and whenever I call their hotlines, they keep directing me to the social media pages and they don't reply. I also posted on twitter with the pictures and video evidence, but I haven't been able to garner enough retweets.

I am calling on the I.G of the Police Force, the Kogi State Commisioner of Police, all other relevant bodies and well meaning individuals to help me get justice, retrieve my money and bring this corrupt officers to book as soon as possible.

I've been seriously considering relocating to Nigerian after 20 years in Canada,stuff like this is very discouraging .Police brutality in Nigeria is way more than what we have here

Pls Front page, I need help... Thanks
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
SavageResponse:

U don't know nothing and na ur voice loud pass.. Have you ever heard of OTC drugs? They are drugs u generally do not need prescription for... Now condoms and contraceptive pills fall into this category.... So now are u trying to say its ok for a police man to harrass me for being in possession of a condom?.... Guy no dey form savage wey nor knw book up and down... Always read and get good knowledge about whatever you are talking about instead of making urself look like a happy and proud clown on social media

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nuel4:
what the fucck is this one talking about? Do dey prescribe postinor? What the actual fucck man? So doctors know when you are supposed to have unprotected sex with your partner? Go and sit down my friend you don't know what you are talking about. No doctor on earth prescribe postinor
We are even talking about movement within your own country where you are a citizen you here talking about taking drugs to another country where it can be suspected that you are concealing a banned drug and trying to smuggle it to another country

Bro that guy no bright, no follow am argue too much.. Na all these boys wey no dey comot for house... Their own na just to sit down for house, watch tv and press fone.. Nothing else... Na why he no bright be that... Worse still, he no gree learn.. Forming rubbish savagery
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by hardbody: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
SavageResponse:

Stand your ground and get wasted by drunk idiots. You sound like them.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by NisforNicky: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:
My name is David, On the 11th of July 2020 at around 11:50am, I was stopped by men of the Nigeria Police Force(Safer highways patrol) at the Ogori/Ageva road, Okene Local Govt, Kogi State. I was going to the market in company of a commercial motorcyclist whom I boarded his bike. When we got to the checkpoint, A police officer, ordered us to stop and requested to search my bag which I obliged.

While searching through my bag, they found a couple of drugs, precisely 4 tablets of paracetamol, 8 ferrous tablets, 10 folic acid tablets and a tablet of postpill, they ignorantly asked what the postpill tablet is used for, I told them it's a contraceptive, the officer who searched my bag obviously didn't know what a contraceptive is, I told him it is used to prevent pregnancy and next he exclaimed “Guy I don catch u, u dey use am do abortion abi”.

First, I thought it was all a joke, I laughed and started explaining all over again, before I could finish, one of the officers roughly pushed me from behind, held my trouser and ordered me to sit on the bare floor, I obeyed and tried not to be rude since they were all armed, they labeled me a a rapist and a muderer since they concluded contraceptives are used to commit abortion.

After a while, one of the officers came to me acting all friendly and asking me to negotiate with him so he can help me beg his colleagues because if I am taken to the cell at the area command I will spend nothing less than 3 days in custody asides the heavy torture I would receive. At this point, I secretly started an audio and video recording of the events.

While they kept harassing me, a woman who knows me came along and intervened, all her pleadings fell on deaf ears as the officers were insistent on taking nothing less than N100,000. At last they settled for N10,000 after all the harrasment, time waste, torture and emotional trauma. I have uploaded the video and audio recording of the incident as evidence.

I have posted it on the police PCRU twitter page, whatsapp number and even called their numbers. On whatsapp, the message has been read but no significant reply, and whenever I call their hotlines, they keep directing me to the social media pages and they don't reply. I also posted on twitter with the pictures and video evidence, but I haven't been able to garner enough retweets.

I am calling on the I.G of the Police Force, the Kogi State Commisioner of Police, all other relevant bodies and well meaning individuals to help me get justice, retrieve my money and bring this corrupt officers to book as soon as possible.

post it on Twitter and tag segalink
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:

Kindly tag segalink on Twitter. He responds very fast to it. You will get your money back
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Mrdecent(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

See shithole reasoning..and its military men that have not fallen victim to that?
The day you are in mufti just pray that ine hard headed idiot diesnt confront you

I don't get you bro..

Seems this hit you in bad place.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Jaqenhghar: 12:33am On Jul 20, 2020
Mrdecent:

I don't get you bro..

Seems this hit you in bad place.
Why should it? I feel sorry for y'all. With the kinda shít going down in that cesspit you still reasoning like that? No one is safe last time I checked this isnt a time to beat chest and be dling false bravado
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by uboma(m): 2:28am On Jul 20, 2020
litigator:

Wow! This is serious and I empathize with you.

Some bad eggs in the Nigeria Police Force will never learn. They keep soiling the name of the force with their greed and unethical behaviour.

This is no longer news, but there are laws in this country and we must ensure those laws are implemented one way or another.

However, I must commend your intellect. You have done a deligent job. It's obvious you were unnecessarily extorted and humiliated, which ought not to be the case.

From your story, it appears you are not pained about the funds those unscrupulous elements fraudulently obtained from you per say, but you are pained by the fact that they humiliated you and extorted you for no just cause.

Tag me @ mr_powei, @ segalink, @malachy_odo1, and @onlinebar.

We will see what we can do to ensure you get justice.

Sanity will return to the system when we learn to fight for our right and ensure justice is done.

I commend your effort.

But it's quite funny that members of the Nigeria Police mandated to investigate crime and criminalities don't know the difference between contraceptive and abortion drugs. Na wah.

Yahooze self dey NPF and na there e for many pass. cheesy

The govt won't weed them out for us. Since we are their employer and our taxes pay their salaries, we must ensure we sanitize the system by ourself and with our own hands.

Thank you very much. You are always ready to extend a helping hand...

The op should heed these.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by uboma(m): 2:29am On Jul 20, 2020
litigator:

It is settled law that once a public officer ultra vires his/her statutory duties, he/she can no longer take cover under the relevant Public Officer Protection Act/Laws.

We as masses can therefore come together and start filing actions against erring members of the force in their official and personal capacity.

Once we get judgement, we can go after their pension contributions, salary account and other official remuneration inclusive of their personal properties.

This will send a very strong message to them. We need to wake up, stand up and fight for our right.

Social media campaign is no longer working. Class actions and mass actions will send a very strong message.

Cc: uboma

I agree with you.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gerrard59(m): 6:25am On Jul 20, 2020
The Nigerian Police Force has been always been useless. The day it becomes useful is when the country ceases to exist.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by ennon92(m): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2020
Gabaleve:

I have a secret video recorder app on my phone
It records without the flashlight on, also without any form of notification or u can choose to use a decoy icon for notification. During and after recording, ur video is encrypted, it can't be found in your gallery, only u can choose where you want the video hidden. U can also choose the video quality. Good thing is that it keeps recording even when your phone is in idle mode, on lock or when the back light is off.. U can also choose which of the camera u want to use, if u would prefer the front or back camera.
That's awesome, can u pls tell me the name of the app? I need to download it as soon as possible
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Mrdecent(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Why should it? I feel sorry for y'all. With the kinda shít going down in that cesspit you still reasoning like that? No one is safe last time I checked this isnt a time to beat chest and be dling false bravado

I hear you bro
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by SavageResponse(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Gabaleve:

Are u normal? Learn how to talk even when on social media... Do u knw how many important things I had to catch up with on that day? Aside that, u expect me to argue with an illiterate officer who sat me on the floor, removed his rifle from safety mode and threatened to shoot if I utter a word?... I doubt if ur type has ever heard live gunshots... If u were in my shoes, i bet u won't even be brave enough to make a video. I know your type...

You are the one who is not normal!

Who asked you for all these stories?

You're trying too hard to make us believe your story

Since you're so accustomed to hearing gunshot why then were you shaking like a jelly fish becaue a policeman removed the safety catch of his rifle? angry
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by SavageResponse(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Gabaleve:

U don't know nothing and na ur voice loud pass.. Have you ever heard of OTC drugs? They are drugs u generally do not need prescription for... Now condoms and contraceptive pills fall into this category.... So now are u trying to say its ok for a police man to harrass me for being in possession of a condom?.... Guy no dey form savage wey nor knw book up and down... Always read and get good knowledge about whatever you are talking about instead of making urself look like a happy and proud clown on social media

Were you carrying condoms? No

What you were carrying were contraceptives and a police officer who is on stop and search operations especially in a place like Kogi state where there is a proliferation of narcotics is well within his rights to ask you what the drug is used for.

I do not support the act of extorting money from you but that does not change the fact that they have a right to ask you what the drug is used for!

Most of the people supporting you here including myself will ask what the drug is used for if they saw it cos they're not medical professional and therefore would not know the purpose of the drug

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trader Robs Man Of N4.4m Jewelry In Aba, Rapes His Housemaid / Boy Beaten With A Hammer By His Mother In Kaduna, Rescued By State Government / Immigration Arrests Man With 870 ATM Cards In Kano (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.