Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? (3921 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by delkuf(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

How can God be the creator of all things.. And still be part of creation?... Think it through before you answer.
That is why he is God. I don't need to think anything through. Do you believe in the movie called Hercules
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
I'll share few Scriptures that makes it clear to your trinitarian dogheads are a fallacy!

Jehovah God is the Creator of the Universe and He doesn't have a beginning neither does He have an end (Psalm 90:2, 93:2, Isaiah 40:28, Revelation 4:11)
He is called “El Shaddai” which means God Almighty (Genesis 17:1)
He is called the “Most High” (Psalm 83:18)

On the other hand, Jesus is the only person that is referred to as that “promised Son” throughout the OT and NT. (Isaiah 9:6, Micah 5:2)
Jesus has a beginning unlike Jehovah that's why he's called the “firstborn of all creation” and “only begotten son” because Jehovah created him directly. (John 3:16, Colossians 1:15,16, Revelation 3:14)
It was through Jesus that Jehovah created everything else in the literal/spiritual heavens and on earth (Proverbs 8:22-31, John 1:3, Colossians 1:16,17, Hebrews 1:2)
Jesus is called “Son of the Living God” (Matthew 16:16, John 20:31)
He is also called “Son of the Most High” (Luke 1:31-33)
Jesus always acknowledged that his Father, Jehovah was greater than he was. (John 14:28) That's why he doesn't know when the end would come, and that only Jehovah knows (Matthew 24:36)

Holy spirit is God's active force/breath that He(Jehovah) uses to accomplish his will with ease. It doesn't have a personality. It has been associated with terms such as “breath”, “finger of God” , “hand of God” , “outstretched arm of God” .
Note the parallels between Matthew and Luke's account on Jesus expelling demons:
Matthew 12:28: Jesus said he expels demons by God's holy spirit
Luke 11:20: Jesus said he expels demons by God's finger
Which is pointing to the fact that holy spirit is not a person
When Jesus was speaking about holy spirit to his disciples, he said Jehovah would send his holy spirit (John 14:16,17,26, 16:7-15) and that holy spirit would serve as a “helper” to them and then he personified it. But personification doesn't prove personality. The Bible says that sin and death have ruled as kings (Romans 5:14, 6:12)but that did not make sin and death to be persons just because of personification.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:

You're mixing the two again!
You've not still answered me, when Jehovah empowered Moses to be like God in Pharaoh's eyes, did that make him the same person as Jehovah?
Jehovah is both the mighty God and the Almighty
There are many gods but only one mighty God who is Jehovah.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
so if there is only one God how come Jesus is also God?
How come you call Jesus mighty God and the father Almighty God?
I said that Jesus is mighty God quoting from Isaiah 9:6 and John 1:1.
But Jesus himself said in John 17:3 that GOD is the "one true GOD".
Also, Paul said that we have one GOD who is the Father and Jesus Christ is our Lord. God made him both Lord and Messiah. 1 Corinth. 8:6, Acts 2:36.
Even Jesus had a God and a Father that he prayed to. John 17.
God is always the Father and God of Jesus. Rev. 1:5-6.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:

Did you later check out the website?
before you told me, I some times check it. I use to go there.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
where does the say God in one person?
are you not very intelligent??

1 Corinthians 8:6 and John 17:3 have the answer.....the one true GOD is the Father. Read Rev. 1:5-6
are you eager to find out the truth
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
The Holy Spirit does not need to be on the throne, In fact the fact that the Holy Spirit was not seen on the throne points to differences in roles within the God head.
you did not answer my question.
In Revelation 4 an 5, who sits on the throne, is it the Trinity
or the Father
Who is the Lamb

If trinitarians say "God the Father", "God the Son" and "God the HS" are distinct persons but yet one God or Godhead, how many thrones there is in heaven
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by sonmvayina(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
delkuf:
That is why he is God. I don't need to think anything through. Do you believe in the movie called Hercules

What are the attributes of God?
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
cornelboy:
or the Father
Who is the Lamb
If trinitarians say "God the Father", "God the Son" and "God the HS" are distinct persons but yet one God or Godhead, how many thrones there is in heaven

They found out that JWs are zealously preaching and teaching throughout the earth, they also want to try doing something similar but they lack the grounds to stand for support (solid foundation)

The other time this same Solite3 jumped into the thread where we were discussing on TRINITY to say Jesus and Jehovah are separate persons, only for Solite3 to change his statement again after some pushing here and there from another Trinitariant to say Jehovah is Jesus. embarassed

So i left him in his delusion! undecided

1 Like

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
cornelboy:
or the Father
Who is the Lamb

What do you know about the trinity? Your problem started from getting the trinity wrong, there are evidences in the scripture.
The Holy Spirit is a person,
The Father is a person and the Son is a person but they are one God not different Gods.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:

Holy spirit is God's active force/breath that He(Jehovah) uses to accomplish his will with ease. It doesn't have a personality. It has been associated with terms such as “breath”, “finger of God” , “hand of God” , “outstretched arm of God” .
Note the parallels between Matthew and Luke's account on Jesus expelling demons:
Matthew 12:28: Jesus said he expels demons by God's holy spirit
Luke 11:20: Jesus said he expels demons by God's finger
Which is pointing to the fact that holy spirit is not a person
When Jesus was speaking about holy spirit to his disciples, he said Jehovah would send his holy spirit (John 14:16,17,26, 16:7-15) and that holy spirit would serve as a “helper” to them and then he personified it. But personification doesn't prove personality. The Bible says that sin and death have ruled as kings (Romans 5:14, 6:12)but that did not make sin and death to be persons just because of personification.
Jesus expels Demons by the Holy Spirit same way The Father created all things by the Son. Does that mean Jesus is not a person?

@ bolded you said the Holy Spirit is God's active force,
Can a force speak, does a force has will?
Jesus said his disciples should baptise in the name of the father son and Holy Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit is not a person why did Jesus put the father , son and Holy Spirit on the same level?

So that the holy Spirit can, speak, hear, teach, will,etc are not personification.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
Jesus expels Demons by the Holy Spirit same way The Father created all things by the Son. Does that mean Jesus is not a person?

What the hell is this?
Please if you're replying me, do so intelligently.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
What do you know about the trinity? Your problem started from getting the trinity wrong, there are evidences in the scripture.
The Father is a person and the Son is a person but they are one God not different Gods.
continue to confuse yourself.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:
What the hell is this? Please if you're replying me, do so intelligently.
Do you even know what intelligence is?
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:

Don't mind them jare, they can't understand simple TRINITY that the holy ghost will just teach them if they invite it into their hearts! undecided

Even it's in our old song of praise back in school days
Holy Holy Holy.............God in three person blessed Trinity!

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
cornelboy:
continue to confuse yourself.
far from it,
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Don't mind them jare, they can't understand simple TRINITY that the holy ghost will just teach them if they invite it into their hearts! undecided

Even it's in our old song of praise back in school days
Holy Holy Holy.............God in three person blessed Trinity!
same way you cannot comprehend how God has being existence.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
same way you cannot comprehend how God has being existence.

Don't mind them jare, at least you can comprehend.
It's OK.
Praise the Lord joh! cheesy
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Janosky: 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:

@ bolded you said the Holy Spirit is God's active force,
Can a force speak, does a force has will?
Jesus said his disciples should baptise in the name of the father son and Holy Spirit.

*1)
If the Holy Spirit is not a person why did Jesus put the father , son and Holy Spirit on the same level?

**2)
So that the holy Spirit can, speak, hear, teach, will,etc are not personification

*1)
Solite3 FRAUD claims.
John 14:28, Jesus Christ says:
The Father is greater than i am "
Is the Father of Jesus Christ on the same level with holy spirit?
WAYO solite3 grin

In the old testament and the new testament, we see the expression:
"Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.."
Bros, is Abraham on the same level with Isaac and Jacob? grin
WAYO man DECEIVING himself with Trinity GIBBERISH grin

**2)
The radio/TV in your house, talks, speaks and you,Solite3 will listen attentively.
Bros, is your radio/TV a person?

Jehovah God is a Spirit.His name is well known.
Jesus is Jehovah's Son and servant. We know his name.
Bros, what's the name of holy spirit?

Jehovah spoke one on one to Moses.
Jesus spoke one on one to Saul (Paul)

I challenge Solite3 to cite from the Bible any one on one conversation between a servant of God and holy spirit
grin
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:

Do you even know what intelligence is?
I think I should ask you that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
Janosky:

*1)
Solite3 FRAUD claims.
John 14:28, Jesus Christ says:
The Father is greater than i am "
Is the Father of Jesus Christ on the same level with holy spirit?
WAYO solite3 grin

In the old testament and the new testament, we see the expression:
"Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.."
Bros, is Abraham on the same level with Isaac and Jacob? grin
WAYO man DECEIVING himself with Trinity GIBBERISH grin

**2)
The radio/TV in your house, talks, speaks and you,Solite3 will listen attentively.
Bros, is your radio/TV a person?
angry
What solite3 means to tell us is that “God's finger” referred to by Jesus at Luke 11:20 and as “God's spirit” in Matthew's parallel account at Matthew 12:28 is referring to an actual person that speaks! undecided

1 Like

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:

far from it,
far from the truth. What does Colossians 1:15 tells you, also read Revelations 3:14.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Janosky: 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:

John 4:24 keeps haunting your Trinity GIBBERISH grin

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit.
How many persons is that 'Spirit' in John 4:24?

grin
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:

1 Like

Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
The Father is a person and the Son is a person but they are one God not different Gods .
This your trinity god na Siamese twins them be? grin grin
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:

I think I should ask you that?
stop insulting that word.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
DappaD:

This your trinity god na Siamese twins them be? grin grin

Proverbs 17:5 Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.

I don't expect much from a pagan false witness
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:

Proverbs 17:5 Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.

I don't expect much from a pagan false witness
Your trinity god is not the same as Jehovah God, the Creator of the Universe grin
So your trinity god which is a figment of your imagination can't do me na-da grin grin
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by cornelboy(f): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Don't mind them jare, at least you can comprehend.
It's OK.
Praise the Lord joh! cheesy
the early churches in the Bible didn't teach and believe in Trinity. Paul and other Apostles never mentioned it, so why should we??
Trinity was introduced many years after the Apostles death by human-inspired bunch of decievers. Like 250-350 AD.

The Apostles and Jesus only believed in one true God. I follow them.
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
grin
false witness; The Holy Spirit is not a person because he is called the breathe of God, the finger of God.
me; Jesus is called the word yet he is a person, God is called the rock yet he is a person.
false witness; How can a person be poured out, like water.
me; God is said to fill the heavens and the earth yet He is said to be a person.

false witness; Trinity does not make sense,

me; neither does the existence of God make sense to an atheist or can you make sense of an infinite God who has no beginning or neither has an end.

false witness starts to throw tantrums
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
The Spirit of God is a being of intelligence able to communicate the Truth of Jesus Christ effectively to those who are followers of Jesus Christ. undecided

How else is He supposed to teach you everything , comfort, counsel, guide, etc. If He cannot even voice anything He has to communicate?
Re: Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? by DappaD: 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
solite3:
grin
false witness; The Holy Spirit is not a person because he is called the breathe of God, the finger of God.
me; Jesus is called the word yet he is a person, God is called the rock yet he is a person.
false witness; How can a person be poured out, like water.
me; God is said to fill the heavens and the earth yet He is said to be a person.

false witness; Trinity does not make sense,

me; neither does the existence of God make sense to an atheist or can you make sense of an infinite God who has no beginning or neither has an end.

false witness starts to throw tantrums
Okay!

solite3 : Jesus is called the word yet he is a person

DappaD :
The Bible mentions at Psalm 33:6 that “By the word of Jehovah the heavens were made, And by the spirit of his mouth everything in them.”
But notice there's no definite article likening “word” in this passage to be the title of a person.
Even the “spirit of his mouth” here refers to the “active force/breath” at Genesis 1:3 which also does not have a definite article referring to it as a title.
That means He actually spoke words and thus, created the heavens and the earth

Now we consider a title that is held by Jesus, he is called “The Word of God” (John 1:1, Revelation 19:13)
Here we see that it does actually refer to a title which Jesus held as a spirit creature in heaven, on earth and still holds as King of God's Kingdom. Jesus is called the “Word” because he acts as God's Chief Spokesman (John 12:49,50)
So apparently, we can see two instances of the “word”
One referring to actual spoken words of God and the other referring to a title held by Jesus

solite3 : God is called the rock yet he is a person.

DappaD : The Bible states that in a figurative sense, that Jehovah is a “Rock” (Deuteronomy 32:4) which is just describing his qualities because He acts as a stronghold or strong fortress (2Samuel 22:32,33) and as a refuge for His people (Psalm 62:7, 94:22)
Peter's very own name signifies him being a “rock” (Matthew 16:18)
So what do you intend to get away with here?

solite3 : God is said to fill the heavens and the earth yet He is said to be a person.

DappaD : On that note, Jehovah lives in the heavens (1Kings 8:43)
Another factor you're failing to consider here is that when the Bible says the earth is filled with Jehovah(Jeremiah 23:24), it could mean that the Bible is referring to the earth being filled with the knowledge and glory of Jehovah (See Numbers 14:21, Psalm 72:19, Isaiah 6:3, 11:9, Habakkuk 2:14) It is not literally referring to God being omnipresent and present in all things

So when studying the Bible, you try to take into consideration the context and other scriptures to explain a concept.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) / Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. / Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.