Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (43030 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Don't be foolish...

Tell ur friend to be brave enough to post screenshot that says the opposite of this
What screenshot
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:
What screenshot
recheck the post
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:
recheck the post
She already counter all those shits on previous thread cheesy and if you are not satisfied she will soon be here wait till she comes grin
TAO11

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

She already counter all those shits on previous thread cheesy and if you are not satisfied she will soon be here wait till she comes grin
TAO11

Seems counter has a new word....

1000 words essay is not counter to me.....In all she said... assuming she was sure ..she would have posted screenshots like she normally would
When she's not sure...see what she does
If I hear that yorubas are beating the drums of war , I will go back to sleep - Ibrahim Babangida
let her be brave enough to post screenshots that stated that Lagos was never a vassal of the Great Benin Kingdom
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

TAO11

Besides, don't you have a mind of your own

Aren't u man enough to counter the screenshots I posted instead of calling a woman to save u from disgrace...

Now I know why igbos always say Yoruba and cowardice are synonymous

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Seems counter has a new word....

1000 words essay is not counter to me.....In all she said... assuming she was sure ..she would have posted screenshots like she normally would
When she's not sure...see what she does
If I hear that yorubas are beating the drums of war , I will go back to sleep - Ibrahim Babangida
let her be brave enough to post screenshots that stated that Lagos was never a vassal of the Great Benin Kingdom
Visit this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni.confraternity-olokun/ and go quote her there am sure she will happily reply you grin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Besides, don't you have a mind of your own

Aren't u man enough to counter the screenshots I posted instead of calling a woman to save u from disgrace...

Now I know why igbos always say Yoruba and cowardice are synonymous
Hahaha... cheesy

If more than 6 people can counter you guyz with facts and you disagree calling it fake and cookedup theories then what more can i do to make you believe it? And why did you run from that thread?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

Visit this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni.confraternity-olokun/ and go quote her there am sure she will happily reply you grin
This type of cowardice is brand new

Why calling Tao who is only a mere folklore writer aggrieved that the Benin deposed her father's lineage save u from embarassment

900winer Be a man and counter my screenshots

Post screenshots of historians present at that time that say Lagos was never a vassal of the Great Benin Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

Hahaha... cheesy

If more than 6 people can counter you guyz with facts and you disagree calling it fake and cookedup theories then what more can i do to make you believe it? And why did you run from that thread?

I left my screenshots there for any neutral person to see...So...I didn't run from the thread...I left u guys thinking abt it

More than 6 partial people can go tor court to testify against a person...but so long as they don't have credible evidence/proof...then those 6 people are lieing...
Tell them to bring screenshots

900winer...Don't u have words of your own...why rely on your fellow Yoruba trolls to save u

Have u seen me call any of my Benin brethren since

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by gregyboy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

gregyboy the funny man cheesy TAO11 schooled you and yet you keep shouting conspiracy even with research done by same Europeans you kept mentioning and you said it false because it doesn't suit your claim cheesy on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity-olokun/ you guyz said N'oba means shinning and now you said Oba means king and shinning one how come? How can you claim a word that has no meaning in you language grin

Lol, TAO11 is a better learned person than any yoruba in this forum when it comes to benin history, the rest yorubas are cowards to benin history even to their yoruba history,

You dont even know pinch on benin history all you know is the conspiracy history between benin-ife, you all goggle for your ego benefits we benins keep bringing proves but you all keeps bringing what does oba mean in benin even we bring proves to that you guys makes us beat round the bush to make the argument go on
you all wont just stop attaching your history to us...... If benin were other minor tribe una for don integrate them as Yoruba tey tey but we aren't we are minorites with difference

Nigga you haven't started crying because the bigger bomb will be dropped by me....

Instead of arguing blindly on who own the word oba you should save that time and invest it to ascertain benin and ife validity.....

You fear to relearn sit and research for once and stop talking on ignorance

Tao11 is taking a chill wereever she is because she have learnt truth about the conspiracy that benin and ife never existed

Dont make me talk you have nothing new to bring to the table.... If i could argue with TAO11 who has read benin history back and forth then you that have not read any book and article makes me angry when you are drawing me out

You have nothing to offer rather than asking the meaning of oba in benin, you know nothing about
Benin or even yoruba history am currently doing a complete research on yoruba history,

Nigga just go you be oborobo, you should off your mic

You have nothing upstairs,

I will school you little, the word oba is indigenous to benin and the name was a mythical king tales of ogiso in ancient benin was frictional told by d royalties to make their stool divine so actually there was no mythical oromiyan coming to form d oba dynasty the word oba entered yoruba lexicon from benin people

The etymology of the world oba is from the full title omo n'Oba nedo ukwakpolopolo meaning
The child that shines for the entire edo people and the giantic one, and not the yorubas misinterpretation the son of the king
As benin ventured into the lands of ancestoral cowards dey established their rule and do the word oba was quickly incorporated into their lexicon to them they only knows the word oba as king for benin monarchs but they didnt know its etymology

The word oba was shortened by Europeans for easy pronunciation our benin parent's still call the oba as omo n'oba or omo n'ba nedo especially called by elders when referring to him in their statement while we the young call him oba

The painful truth is your ancestors were cowards who didnt archieve anything in the past and the new generation are not achieving anything too because they cant see beyond pleasing their fellow coward masters from the north who d britsh used as puppets too for their dirty works and later sold their well schooled islamic scholars as slaves despite them priding being a scholar

Anyway if you're bold to research benin history you will find out there was really no king coming from ife to rule benin

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by gregyboy(m): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer you be oborobo, in nigige voice.

I can easily tell the history you know is just benin-ife narrative wrote by people to stare your ego and you have never gone deeper to research
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:
This type of cowardice is brand new

Why calling Tao who is only a mere folklore writer aggrieved that the Benin deposed her father's lineage save u from embarassment

900winer Be a man and counter my screenshots

Post screenshots of historians present at that time that say Lagos was never a vassal of the Great Benin Kingdom
You kept calling me a coward just because i didn't counter you claim cheesy who am i to counter you when TAO11 who is an indigene of lagos itself rubbished you claim that made you run from that thread cheesy i can see how brave you were then grin you couldn't counter her and ranaway grin now you wan't me to waste my time lecturing you grin Mbanu!

Anyone who visit this thread:
https://nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity-olokun/ and still see your come will know how lost you're grin

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:
[s]
You kept calling me a coward just because i didn't counter you claim cheesy who am i to counter you when TAO11 who is an indigene of lagos it self rubbished you claim that made run from that thread cheesy i can see how brave were then grin you couldn't counter her and ranaway grin now you wan't me to waste my time lecturing you grin Mbanu!

Anyone who visit this thread:
https://nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity-olokun/ and still see your come will know how lost you're grin [/s]
There were like 6 yorubas on that thread...none have been able to post screenshots that states Lagos was not a vassal of the Benin kingdom...

So in ur mind.. a group of people writing folklore stories means they are true...

I'm sure u still believe Santa Claus is true..after all..alot of people have said it grin

Post screenshots
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, TAO11 is a better learned person than any yoruba in this forum when it comes to benin history, the rest yorubas are cowards to benin history even to their yoruba history,

You dont even know pinch of benin history all you know is the conspiracy history between benin-ife, you all goggle for your ego benefits we benins keep bringing proves but you all keeps bringing what does oba mean in benin even we bring proves to that you guys makes us beat round the bush to make the argument go on
you all wont just stop attaching your history to us...... If benin were other minor tribe una for don integrate them as Yoruba tey tey but we aren't we a minorites with difference

Nigga you haven't started crying because the bigger bomb will be dropped by me....

Instead of arguing blindly on who own the word oba you should save that time and invest it to ascertain benin and ife validity.....

You fear to relearn sit and research for once and stop talking on ignorance

Tao11 is taking a chill wereever she is because she have learnt truth about the conspiracy that benin and ife never existed

Dont make me talk you have nothing new to bring to the table.... If i could argue with TAO11 who has read benin history back and forth then you that have not read any book and article makes me angry when you are drawing me out

You have nothing to offer rather than asking the meaning of oba in benin, you know nothing about
Benin or even yoruba history am currently doing a complete research on yoruba history,

Nigga just go you be oborobo, you should off your mic

You have nothing upstairs,

The mumu wey nor even know the meaning of ooni or alaafin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy:
900winer you be oborobo, in nigige voice.

I can easily tell the history you know is just benin-ife narrative wrote by people to stare your ego and you have never gone deeper to research
I know what you are trying to do here cheesy but it not workin and it does not change the fact that Oba doesn't mean shit in Edo language grin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

I know what you are trying to do here cheesy but it not workin and it does not change the fact that Oba doesn't mean shit in Edo language grin

So what point are u trying to prove

Caveat is a French word mostly used in English
Fiance is a French word

Edo is also a word in Japan..same with Osa

So please...what is ur point..

Besides ...Prior to the 19th century, no king in Yoruba land used the word Oba...
No one even knows the origin of the word Oba..but even if it's Yoruba...does that make Obama a Yoruba man
Pls tell me the meaning of Ooni, Alaafin

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
PVision2020:

[s]ol...I won't go down the lane of posting irrelevant Maps to buttress my claim and derailing the thread, your maps shows nothing. Google is your friend if you need maps.
There are millions of Yoruba Bible in print (and also soft/E-copies, you can lay your hand on any to confirm.

What you should explain to all is how a Yoruba nation that occupies over 10 times the landmass of Bini with population over ten times that of Bini originates from a tiny Bini Kingdom of few LGA's.

And also tell us why the Yoruba exert so much influence on the Bini without an iota of Benin influence on the Yoruba.

While you're at that, please tell us the Bini meaning of the following Yoruba names you guys bears : Ajayi, Ojo, Olawole, Akerejola, Oladele, Olabisi, Ayo, Adetutu, Owolabi, Akerele, Ogun, Balogun, Kola, Taiwo, Idowu, Adepoju, Shola, Dada, Ajose, Shobowale, Alaba etc.

And I'll be glad if you can tell us just ONE Yoruba person that bears a Bini name, just ONE[/s].
Those words have no meaning in Benin
Don't confuse Benin with akoko Edo

No Benin person bears the words u wrote up there... obviously u have never been to Benin

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by gregyboy(m): 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

Lol, a coward of books

What will stop you from researching dont worry i will do it for you
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

There were like 6 yorubas on that thread...none have been able to post screenshots that states Lagos was not a vassal of the Benin kingdom...

So in ur mind.. a group of people writing folklore stories means they are true...

I'm sure u still believe Santa Claus is true..after all..alot of people have said it grin

Post screenshots
shocked Really!

Ok... grin

https://nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-bonfraternity-olokun/

https://www.nairaland.com/5993887/opinion-why-yorubas-exhibit-high/4#91877365
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by meccuno: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Hard on me, ewedu really reduces brain capacity, stop eating this foul thing
please stop posting this soup . its disgusting

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by gregyboy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

The mumu wey nor even know the meaning of ooni or alaafin

Most historian i came to meet on nairaland i revered before now, am beginning to see they were never knowledgeable because despite what dey knew, they failed to relearn what they have learnt

Everybody should relearn what they have leaent before, life is all about relearn this ife-benin story is not historical it was made up from 1914 upward
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

So what point are u trying to prove

Caveat is a French word mostly used in English
Fiance is a French word

Edo is also a word in Japan..same with Osa

So please...what is ur point..

Besides ...Prior to the 19th century, no king in Yoruba land used the word Oba...
No one even knows the origin of the word Oba..but even if it's Yoruba...does that make Obama a Yoruba man
Pls tell me the meaning of Ooni, Alaafin

Those Obama and Oba sound thesame? You trying to change the topic here, your brothers claimed Yoruba borrowed the word Oba from Benin and asked what it meant in Edo language he refused answer me.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by PVision2020(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Pls....no Benin person bears Ajayi,ojo and the likes

stop lieing to suit ur narrative
Lol, a simple search on Facebook will clear your doubt. Just type those names and add Benin.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by meccuno: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bendeco02:
Some of you commenting here are just arguing blindly without fact...... Am Onitsha guy, If Onitsha says that they migrated from present day Edo or Delta state it can be understood because we have many things in common with them (Anioma people) base on culture and names.. although we're in anambra state but totally diff with our neighbours (towns surrounding us) in culture .. Our king are known as Obi, same as Anioma towns in delta. .

I can tell you that ikwerre people are confuse set of people with inferiority complex.. They are not in any way related to benin.. I don't blame them but blame the Igbo people claiming them.... You have the same culture and language with your igbo niegbours yet claim to originated from far away benin without having anything in common with them.... Igala, Ibibio, Efik etc all have boundary with Igbo yet did not loose their language to Igbos then its only Ikwerre..

Some of you here, especially yorubas saying that igbos are claiming ikwerre because of access to sea... That's shows that you guys don't travel and knows nothing about Ikwere..... Ikwerre have no access to sea but their Ijaw neighbours (Bonny, Degema, Andony)... Ikwerre are in upper land of R.state so nothing concern them with Atlantic ocean.

The funny thing is that their Ijaw neighbors call and sees them as Igbos... Ask any guy from okirika, bonny or andony.
when i read what many Yoruba people write here its funny and amusing. an average Ijaw man in rivers call the ikweris Igbo man. but these people wont have sense. the distance between the ikwerris and Yorubas is over 800km. but miraculously they know everything about Ikwerri people. sometimes you wonder if these people are cursed? grin

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Most historian i came to meet on nairaland i revered before now, am beginning to see they were never knowledgeable because despite what dey knew, they failed to relearn what they have learnt

Everybody should relearn what they have leaent before, life is all about relearn this ife-benin story is not historical it was made up from 1914 upward
Ok

I will go make research, cc me when you are done with the research you doing.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, a coward of books
What will stop you from researching dont worry i will do it for you
Can't you guyz make a point without insults
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by gregyboy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:

TAO11

Mugu, and you not even ashamed, you have nothing upstairs on what you are arguing on but you just want to argue to elevate your tribal ego

The funny thing is not know the history of your people i even know the Yoruba history better than you, but despite noth knowing any of this two history you still want to debate people who knows it better.....

You be oborobo man instead of arguing history with you i will be dragging you out to show are ignorant you are on both history

A must defendi of yoruba tribe

You're disgrace to TAO11

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sanity33:

1). A hereditary monarchy is a monarchy in which the only person who can take over from the king is from the same family as the king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV5w143PCaY

Only 1 ruling family

2). The writer of the book which you posted is writing about the Yoruba and obviously by "Yoruba obbas" he means the Oba who rules over the yorubas. That doesn't imply the Oba is a Yoruba, nor that he only rules the Yoruba. Actually since your ooni and your alafin are not hereditary crowns, they are not Oba !
The Oba is the Oba of Benin, that is hereditary ! Also the writer writes about local semi autonomous chiefs and those are the only ones whom he claims are not hereditary. Therefore your ooni and alafin fall in that category ! Your ooni and alafin are not kings but local semi autonomous chiefs !

3). In no way, is oyo called " oyo empire" in the book.
Actually I believe the term used is "yarib.bah", no empire !

4). I see in the translation, you skipped some key sentences on purpose. A fuller translation is this:
"The opinion of Obi Ourano, our friend, is that the protection of the Oba of Benin will be powerful enough to defend us in jebu and yarrib.ba. In borgu and haoussa however, it is not certain because the Oba of Benin is not known well enough in those areas (Borgu and haoussa) for them to fear his retribution."

This implies, jebou and yarrib.ba do fear the retribution of the Oba of Benin ! That is the authority the Oba of Benin has over Jebu and yarrib.ba.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k5806879x/f13.image.r=Oba

Oh, I see why a revisionist would skip such an important sentence. But don't blame yourself, your ancestors were slaves after all.

1. A hereditary monarchy is one that the monarch's claim to the throne is through lineage
Simple as that. As I said, belonging to a royal family by descent from a royal ancestor.

Simple English. Only a fool would not be able to comprehend this.. And as I've said many times, you are exactly one.

2. The text says "Yoruba Obbas" meaning 1. multiple persons 2. Said persons are Yoruba

If a someone says African heads of state, it means multiple persons, who are African
If someone says Yoruba Obas it means multiple persons, who are Yoruba.

You are just too daft and would argue anything grin
Underdeveloped brain. I have to spell everything out to you like a 2 year old

3. "Yarribah" anywhere in pre colonial texts refers to the Oyo controlled territory which was an Empire. "Eyeo" refers to Oyo alone, but "Yarribah" refers to all territories under the King of Oyo, incorporating many non Oyo towns and cities. Reasons the two major sovereign Yoruba states frequently mentioned in contact with Europeans are Jebou (Ijebu Kingdom) and Yarribah (Oyo empire) with its large capital at Katunga (Oyo-ile) which had 7 daily markets.. What a commercially struggling city like Benin city could not dare manage

The texts I will upload below
i. an English expedition to West Africa in 1841 commissioned by the House of commons. It mentions that many towns and cities extending to the coast were under the authority of the King of Yarribah.
Oyo kingdom was not close to the coast, it was up north next to Borgu, if it had control over coastal towns.. What does that tell you? It tells any sane human being that this was an empire
But I know you are not sane
ii. A publication by John Leyden (1799). Here it is clear that Eyeo (Oyo) was an imperialist power, that the King of Ardra begged for assistance against Dahomey. And Eyeo ended up adding both Ardra and Dahomey to its empire giving Dahomey strict warnings that only Eyeo (itself) can touch Ardra
-------

4. How does diplomatic caution against conflict equate authority? If Japan sends delegates to China, China would grant the delegates safe stay because they fear retribution.. How does that mean Japan is under China.

You Bini youth are so pathetically illiterate and daft. I see many of you online oblivious of the most basic facts

Very simple diplomacy is what you can't comprehend?
Who cursed you people with stupidity like this?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
PVision2020:

Lol, a simple search on Facebook will clear your doubt. Just type those names and add Benin.

So Facebook is your source
Well.. lemme correct that notion... Benin people don't understand Yoruba, they don't bear Yoruba names as their first name
There are people born of mixed marriages...they are most likely to put the names given to them by both families.. haven't u seen someone bearing Femi Ikechukwu...or other mixed names
Pls and don't use Facebook as ur authority on ethnic issues..

NO BENIN PERSON BEARS AYO, ALABI, BALOGUN...Do u understand now
Our names are Etinosa, Eghosa, Itohan, Mudia and the likes and its nothing similar to Yoruba names.. thanks

To think u were saying this thing confidently

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by meccuno: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
NLandIsHypocrit:
You Fulani bastard, I challenge you once again to reply me with Ikwere language to prove that you're actually an Ikwere person. And by the way I know that this nonsense you're yapping up there is according to how it handed to you by your employers, because I know you don't know that AKALAKA is an Igbo language which means DESTINY do you see why Fulani nomads will always remain nomads? Because you're never intelligent, you reason like your cows.
You dey see road.............i was just reading the guys post and laughing out loud....he is confused grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Mugu, and you not even ashamed, you have nothing upstairs on what you are arguing on but you just want to argue to elevate your tribal ego

The funny thing is not know the history of your people i even know the Yoruba history better than you, but despite noth knowing any of this two history you still want to debate people who knows it better.....

You be oborobo man instead of arguing history with you i will be dragging you out to show are ignorant you are on both history

A must defendi of yoruba tribe

You're disgrace to TAO11
Very well Mr. Historian cheesy is that why you kept creating different account to attack her from goshwon to prolog to logycs grin I will take you serious the day you tell me the meaning of Oba in Edo grin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by meccuno: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
vicenzo:

Well thats the big problem we have.
Putting emotions ahead of pragmatism.
It makes it easy for other groups to exploit us.

Naturally, there is no difference between how the average Yoruba bigot see the Igboman and how the Ikwerre see the Igbo. In fact, the Ikwerre is worst.
The Igbo man who has ever lived in Ph knows this. The Ikwerres never fail to show him hate and ridicule every single day, yet because an Ikwerre bear an Igbo name or speak an igbo dialect, the emotional Igbo will want to pretend like he can't see how Igbophobic these people are.
I personally will choose a Yoruba man over an Ikwerre, because Yorubas are far away from me.

Many times an Ikwerre man posts something on NL and an.average Igbo will start calling the Ikwerre man afonja, because he is yet to grasp the fact that there is no difference between Ikwerre and Yoruba . If in doubt, go to Ikwerre rant HQ Facebook page and see real Ikwerres.

Our people are living in illusions , and don't want to wake up. If not, this Ikwerre issue should have been done with by now, but here we are in 2020 still going in circles.
I will not choose a Yoruba man ahea of n ikwerri man. its better you dont choose anyone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Atiku To Tinubu: I Was A Customs Officer When You Were Working With Druglords / How El-Zakzaky Was Expelled From ABU, Zaria In 1979 For Violence - The Cable / Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.