Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! (18657 Views)

The Truth About FFK: Yemisi Wada’s Camp Rips Femi Olu-Kayode Apart - TheElitesng / Why ”they” Want Goodluck To Leave By Any Means Necessary / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by kemisuga(f): 9:41am On Feb 10, 2011
ok nah ;d
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by omo9ja1(m): 9:52am On Feb 10, 2011
hmmmm Mr GEJ, should be careful with the way he speak in the public also mind the kind of language he use! otherwise the office would be abuse just as we have been reading, Fashola has responded well but don't over do it I will say.

Would have been better if GEJ use simple  language even if na pigin em for no open mouth call anybody rascal, he must respect every citizen in the Nation. I talk am 0o0o00.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by KnowAll(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2011
The truth of the matter is, there are some rascals in the SW, and they know themselves. Those whose family members constitute between 35% and 45% of the Lagos State House of Assembly knows themselves but chose to deliberately keep quite.

Is Fashola that jobless responding to the President’s comments. Let the rascal speak for himself.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 10, 2011
GEJ choice of words is unbecoming regarding the office he occupies as the president of this nation. I never expected such utterances from him. I think he should apologize and focus more on winning the election based on his ideologies and manifesto.
Meanwhile, the response of Fashola was on track and his choice of words can be said to be mature. Anyway, that should not affect the support one has for GEJ because no one is perfect. When one misses his way he can be called back on track.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by HamidO1(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2011
I have always known GEJ is a slowpoke. He is going to be in Kaduna today, I hope he won't call people bastards.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by sley4life(m): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2011
Fashola get mouth.But I'l keep sealed lips 4 now. Till I hear from GEJ
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Druss(m): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2011
I have to thank GEJ for one thing. I have decided firmly who I am going to vote for. Shebi we are rascals in Lagos - I am exercising my right to vote by voting against him and PDP's entry in Lagos.

GEJ has behaved most undiplomatically and has shown a lack of class. Ogun state is useless - he didnt call them rascals. Oyo state of the amala politics. It is the states where the people discovered that there was rigging and kicked PDP out that are rascals!! LOL!!

What of his state people - ze Bayelsa who stoned him!! They are not rascals. It is us in the SW who say NO to PDP and the uselessness it represents that are rascals. April is coming!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by dlox01(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2011
on the left he has his retarded wife and on his right OBJ, what do u all expect? this is why GEJ has kept his mouth sealed for so long 'he has nothing constructive and intelligent to say'!!!!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Ibomade1: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2011
Pls try and give Mr Goodluck a break the poor dude forgot that Fash is not in the same category as him.
GEJ no dey punch above your weight again ooo !!!   tongue tongue
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oluwadboi: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2011
men na true talk fashola talk
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by VERYANGRY(m): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2011
GBAM,U SAID IT ALL.
vasa:

I have à question to ask
What if come apirll 29 GEJ
Won this election? What will all of you here on nl against him do ? Denounce your
Citizenship or what?.
The truth and only solution to nigerian problem is break up.
British made à very big mistake by fusing these 3 major ethnic group
together. Nl is a typical example of real Nigeria where no one accept
fault from their ethnic group.
Waiting for answers,
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 11:09am On Feb 10, 2011
anonimi:

But indeed GEJ is right on the spot that Action Group (I forgot that they have upgraded to Action Congress + Nigeria) is a bunch of rascals masquerading as pseudo-progressives and dictators parading themselves as elders.
PDP has shown itself to be a MORE democratic establishment catering to diverse and divergent views through electoral primaries as evidence of its internal structural democratic values and obedience to court orders under GEJ's watch.

What do we have in Action Group (sorry again, Action Congress + Nigeria)? A group of geriatrics playing tingods and led by an Ashiwaju of Area Boys and Thug-in-Chief Ojuyobo who has imposed close and distant family members on the docile mass of people that makes up his party followers.

Btw, I hope all those posting on this thread know ALL candidates seeking office as State and National Assembly legilators.

First of all, did you forget to put your RSVP campaign here today? If the above is your comment to the topic, then you are as ret*arded as your GEJ president you have been campaigning for. Next time you want to place your RSVP campaign, remember to make it clear that pple should go vote for your slow poke man.

You claim to forget that AC is now ACN yet you kept typing Action Congress + Nigeria. . .infact you are worse than GEJ. If ashiwaju is ojuyobo, rascal and whatever you call him again AND his partiespretty good, wouldnt you inform the governor of your state to become as rascal as he is so you could experience true governance.

throwing your question back to you, "I hope you know ALL candidates seeking office as State and National Assembly legilators" and what campaign format do you have for us about them and how does that relate to the thread?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by victorazy(m): 11:09am On Feb 10, 2011
South South men like gossip to much and i don't know why.
Their women are industrious but the men will only sit at home and play game (draft)
Am sorry to say that our president like gossiping like Timaya, very enthusiastic to talk without reasoning.
I remembered What he said about the 1 Oct. bomb in Abuja "we knew those behind this" he should be careful before he ruin himself. Fashola is the best governor.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by heilige(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2011
confirmed, machinery is already inplace for jonah to rig. that is why he is very confident.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 11:17am On Feb 10, 2011
As for the president, I cant blame him, he has the same english language prob like his wife. They both need private tutors.

Fashola gave him the right reply. . .GEJ is just running his mouth anyhow cos he got to that position on the platter of luck.

Above all. . .THERE IS NO GOODLUCK IN THIS ODECHUKWU JONATHAN!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Ibime(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2011
Goodluck is a lazy national cake sharer.

As much as Action Congress has many bad eggs in it, they have a vision regardless.

Even in Lagos today, touts and dregs of society are gainfully emplyed as tax collectors, NURTW toll collectors etc. This is a model borne out of necessity to curb the area boy problem and has ramifications on security.

Which program has PDP put in place for their dregs of society except draining Federal coffers for amnesty program.

We have thinkers and we have lazy theives. Fit who you will in the former or latter.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by tolu001: 11:25am On Feb 10, 2011
PDP has shown itself to be a MORE democratic establishment catering to diverse and divergent views through electoral primaries as evidence of its internal structural democratic values and obedience to court orders under GEJ's watch.
What do we have in Action Group (sorry again, Action Congress + Nigeria)? A group of geriatrics playing tingods and led by an Ashiwaju of Area Boys and Thug-in-Chief Ojuyobo who has imposed close and distant family members on the docile mass of people that makes up his party followers.
Btw, I hope all those posting on this thread know ALL candidates seeking office as State and National Assembly legilators.

Kai. . . who the heck are you spewing this kinda of garbage, are you for real? Internal democracy in PDP? with two parallel party primaries held in Ogun and Oyo states, with the substitution of candidates names in the the list submitted to INEC, killing of people during party primaries while the issue is being systematically swept under the carpet, ridiculous primaries held in Anambra state, presentation of Alao Akala as their flag bearer even after there is a court injunction declaring the primaries that produced him as illegal.

Do you want me to start listing several undemocratic, flagrant disobedience to court orders and outright disrespect to the rule of law that has been demonstrated by the People Deceiving People (PDP)
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Jencejyde(m): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2011
One would have expected mr president to be carefull in the choice of words, But to use the word RASCALS at (imho) the best Governor in Nigeria at the moment is appalling. C'mon, the problems at hand is much more than seeking to capture Lagos for political reasons,

Again, i'm begining to wonder what is in store for us as a nation when the elections are over, Shame, Big Shame.

Respect to Fash for standing up!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Meldrick(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2011
Ibime:

Goodluck is a lazy national cake sharer.

As much as Action Congress has many bad eggs in it, they have a vision regardless.

Even in Lagos today, touts and dregs of society are gainfully emplyed as tax collectors, NURTW toll collectors etc. This is a model borne out of necessity to curb the area boy problem and has ramifications on security.

So the best way to solve the area boy problem is to legitimaize their rascality. You mean empowering them to intimidate innocent citizens is gainful employment. I really don't know whether you had come to Lagos during Marwa's tenure. You will understand that your have no excuses or defense for thuggery.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 10, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5675872-146/story.csp
Fashola condemns Jonathan’s comments

By Okechukwu Nnodim

February 10, 2011 07:51AM

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, expressed disappointment with the statements credited to President Goodluck Jonathan during the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) campaign in Ibadan, Oyo State. Mr Jonathan had reportedly said: “We (PDP) must take over all the States in the Southwest. The zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals.”

Describing Mr Jonathan’s statements as one that is not worth coming from a president, Mr Fashola, speaking to journalists at the presidential wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, said that leaders seeking elective offices in Nigeria should refrain from using words that are offensive. “The office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a very high office and I don’t think that the kind of language coming from the PDP presidential candidate is presidential,” he said. “But Lagosians will have to make the determination for we are beginning to see clearly the pattern of the candidacy of the PDP candidate who seeks to lead this country to poverty, inefficiency and to insecurity.”

“But having said that, I think that I have asked myself whether the president is more concerned about who is governor of Lagos or becoming president. I think that if the PDP wants to swap candidates for the governorship of Lagos I will be ready to face him, because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos. And I will leave our own presidential candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, to respond to the president on issues that are genuine to Nigerians; why the federal roads in Lagos have not been fixed, why Lagosians do not have electricity, why Lagosians have to pay all the cost of their own security in spite of the enormous votes every year by the federal government on security,” added the governor.

The PDP versus the ACN

Explaining that elections are meant to be won by men of integrity, Mr Fashola urged Nigerians not to vote based on sentiments, adding that he made to the office of the governor based on upright manifestos of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). “Elections cannot be won by resulting to derogatory language, by claiming luck,” he said. “Elections require those who seek elective office to focus on the people over whom they plan to exercise authority and to communicate to them in a very clear and practical manner how you intend to improve their lot. Look, I think that the PDP led federal government has a lot of questions to answer in Lagos and it is interesting that these remarks are being made from outside Lagos. So I hope that when they come here, they will be able to call us rascals again; and if we are rascals, it means that some of the other governors he has been presiding over is a republic of rascals.”

Comparing the achievements of the ACN with those of the PDP in the state, the governor said that the later failed in the delivery of the dividends of democracy. “They spent ten years trying to build a 400m bridge in Otta; and on the day that they finally came to open that bridge, instead of apologizing to Lagosians, they were fighting themselves about who was to cut the tape,” he said. “Meanwhile the road that leads to the bridge is not finished. We built Okota link bridge in 18months and it is longer than that bridge over which they were fighting. So that is what we expect them to come and talk about. Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonshoki Expressway is their road and it is pothole ridden, the road to the biggest airport in this country. This is a national embarrassment.”

Ribadu reacts

Also reacting to the Mr Jonathan’s comments, the Nuhu Ribadu Campaign Organisation described the statements as “unbecoming of a president” and “one that smacks of desperation.” In a statement signed by Ibrahim Modibbo, the Director of Media and Communications, the organisation said that Mr Jonathan had “finally shown Nigerians how desperate he is to remain in power by resorting to name calling and character assassination instead of addressing issues that bother on the welfare of Nigerians and the people of the south west in particular.”

“We recognise the president’s dilemma,” the statement said. “Of course he knows that both he and his fellow PDP governors in the south west have no achievements to brandish. They have no alternative to proffer to the positive changes being witnessed by the people in Lagos, Ekiti and Osun. It is however unbecoming of the president that in his frustration at the failure of him and his party to provide good governance to the people of the region and all Nigerians, he would resort to name calling.”

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2011
Meldrick:

So the best way to solve the area boy problem is to legitimaize their rascality. You mean empowering them to intimidate innocent citizens is gainful employment. I really don't know whether you had come to Lagos during Marwa's tenure. You will understand that your have no excuses or defense for thuggery.
And how does a tax collector or NURTW toll collector intimidate citizens? Do they harrass you with guns like your police?

You talk about Marwa's tenure but thank God many of us were not brought to Lagos like you, you would have given us baseless stories.

Let me school you a bit . . .
Marwa was a military man
He used his power like a soldier
He did well in terms or roads, security and a few infrastructure and Lagosians loved him for that
He was unable to cub the touty thing cos as soldiers arrested agberos, they released them within few hrs and they would be back to their bus stops
Oshodi, Mushin and Lagos environs remained what they used to be even as Tinubu took over
Fashola came without a gun but a vision not to keep arresting the pple but to get them engaged
Fashola would not arrest touts for in-habiting a particular place but will suddenly beautify the place with flowers or construct a road network and touts will disperse as development came closer

Marwa used military power also known as force but Fashola used diplomacy
Yar'Adua was able to calm the militants cos he used diplomacy and not force.

Dont compare Fashola and Marwa together, they are two different species of leadership and achievements.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Pafuri(m): 11:54am On Feb 10, 2011
May the "RASCALS" win the April elections.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Jencejyde(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2011
oludashmi:

And how does a tax collector or NURTW toll collector intimidate citizens? Do they harrass you with guns like your police?

You talk about Marwa's tenure but thank God many of us were not brought to Lagos like you, you would have given us baseless stories.

Let me school you a bit . . .
Marwa was a military man
He used his power like a soldier
He did well in terms or roads, security and a few infrastructure and Lagosians loved him for that
He was unable to cub the touty thing cos as soldiers arrested agberos, they released them within few hrs and they would be back to their bus stops
Oshodi, Mushin and Lagos environs remained what they used to be even as Tinubu took over
Fashola came without a gun but a vision not to keep arresting the pple but to get them engaged
Fashola would not arrest touts for in-habiting a particular place but will suddenly beautify the place with flowers or construct a road network and touts will disperse as development came closer

Marwa used military power also known as force but Fashola used diplomacy
Yar'Adua was able to calm the militants cos he used diplomacy and not force.

Dont compare Fashola and Marwa together, they are two different species of leaderhood and achievements.

Cool, Calm and Collected! Nice one!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2011
Pafuri:

May the "RASCALS" win the April elections.
AMEN
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by TippyTop(m): 11:57am On Feb 10, 2011
@oludashmi
We should never justify "hoodlums" or their behaviours? I hope you never get on the wrong side of these thugs (dressed as lamb when they're actually muttons).
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Ojame(m): 11:59am On Feb 10, 2011
Lets take a moment to look at the definition of 'Rascal'

According to The Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary, the modern definition is as follows;

'A person, especially a child or man, who does things that you disapprove of, but who you still like'

In some ways therefore, it would be difficult to accuse GEJ of either insulting or accusing anyone when using this word to describe them. It would need to be reinforced, perhaps with words such as villain, rogue etc.

My point? lets not make a Mountain out of an Anthill. There are far more important things to worry about.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by debosky(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2011
10 years to build a 400m bridge - uppercut by Fashola

18 months by LASG to build longer bridge - TKO cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by r231(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2011
We can all see in Fashola statements the sign post of a well groomed, competent and focused leader.

Wreckless and ill-advised statements are the hallmark of PDP.

GEJ cannot be diffrent.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

@oludashmi
We should never justify "hoodlums" or their behaviours? I hope you never get on the wrong side of these thugs (dressed as lamb when they're actually muttons).
And in what way did I justify hoodlums/militants/robbers/kidnappers?
Did you read the posts I replied to and did you read mine well?

You should go back and read if comprehension is still possible
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by POTUT(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
, the SW zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals.

Those interpreting the above to mean an affront on Fashola are guilty of prejudice against the President. Is it far from your minds to discern that there are rascals on both sides of the divide (PDP and ACN)?

To push a political party through a democratic process in an undemocratic way is rascally. ACN is completely guilty of this and Fashola will now be running with a new mate against his will, among many other impositions time and space cannot contain on this forum.

To turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the malgovernance of Ogun and Oyo states by Daniel and Akala is also rascally by the leadership of the PDP.

GEJ simply made an innocent statement from his politically naive mind to a prejudiced public.

Mind you, political naivety is exactly the equivalent of innocence. Fashola should admit that he is a vine among thorns, only his personal political will has set him apart from the dictators on his street. I hope they don't come back to twist his arms beyond his measure in the next four years. (Lekki toll awaits him.)
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by houvest: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
LMAO. It is all politics. Folks want to kill themselves because politicians are politicking. It is funny that most of those whining against GEJ here are among his worst abusers  on NL. They call him many unprintable names including weak, clueless and the new favourite Odechukwu but now he has gone on the offensive, the drone of whines begin. Both GEJ and BRF are playing to the gallery and if folks on NL can not decipher that, then no wonder many people die for these politicians that will abuse themselves in the morning and dine and wine in the evening. SMH.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by debosky(m): 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2011
POTUT:

, the SW zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals.

Those interpreting the above to mean an affront on Fashola are guilty of prejudice against the President. Is it far from your minds to discern that there are rascals on both sides of the divide (PDP and ACN)?

And the idiotic president chose to refer ONLY to the losses of PDP to ACN and not of PDP rascality?

To push a political party through a democratic process in an undemocratic way is rascally. ACN is completely guilty of this and Fashola will now be running with a new mate against his will, among many other impositions time and space cannot contain on this forum.

Who told you Fashola’s running mate is against his will or are you now an ACN spokesperson?

It is not GEJ’s place to be commenting on the internal workings of another political party - focus on the ISSUES and the good governance you are going to bring.

Fashola was regarded as an ‘imposed’ candidate when he emerged, but his PERFORMANCE trumps everything else - this is what GEJ should be focusing on. How have his so called non rascals PERFORMED?

To turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the malgovernance of Ogun and Oyo states by Daniel and Akala is also rascally by the leadership of the PDP.

This is utter nonsense - GEJ was standing right beside Akala and you want us to believe GEJ was calling him a rascal? It is you who needs to discern better with your mind.

GEJ simply made an innocent statement from his politically naive mind to a prejudiced public.

No - he exhibited rank stupidity by dealing with personalities and ignoring performance. It is this idiotic, sycophantic worship of individuals that personifies the PDP - no one cares what you’ve achieved, but once you have power, you become everyone’s favourite.

Mind you, political naivety is exactly the equivalent of innocence.

! GEJ released someone arrested for murder in his desperation to win the PDP primaries and released billions of funds on 31st December ostensibly for the same aim and we are supposed to believe he is innocent?

He is clearly naïve, stupid and beginning to believe the sycophantic messages of those around him, but that can NEVER be mistaken for innocence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up / Bullet-proof Cars: Court Bars EFCC From Inviting Oduah / Okorocha Joins 2023 Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.