Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! (18700 Views)

The Truth About FFK: Yemisi Wada’s Camp Rips Femi Olu-Kayode Apart - TheElitesng / Why ”they” Want Goodluck To Leave By Any Means Necessary / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2011
POTUT:

Mind you, political naivety is exactly the equivalent of innocence. Fashola should admit that he is a vine among thorns, only his personal political will has set him apart from the dictators on his street. I hope they don't come back to twist his arms beyond his measure in the next four years. (Lekki toll awaits him.)
I dont think anyone is justifying Fashola for lekki tolls but thats is not the topic at hand but the statement of GEJ as a president (very derogatory). . .we can discuss Lekki tolls at another thread.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by eldee(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
debosky:

No - he exhibited rank stupidity by dealing with personalities and ignoring performance. It is this idiotic, sycophantic worship of individuals that personifies the PDP - no one cares what you’ve achieved, but once you have power, you become everyone’s favourite.

What a great difference proper education makes.
We're talking bout personality attacks, no one is against that, it's politics.

But notice the decorum, Fashola put in his own, well crafted. . . backed up by extremely valid points.
A well reasoned argument that will hold it's ground on any stage . . . and a tongue in cheek reference to the fact that GEJ got the seat by luck.

There's no doubt that Fashola has a vision, investments in Lagos by corps have skyrocketed because of that . . .
Even if anyone disagrees with that . . . one thing is for sure, Fashola is more intelligent than GEJ.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by stephenb4r: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]This is indeed not good enough.
The president should beware of the way he uses words. He must not dance to the tone of his party because true Nigerians will not be party biased this time. Only those that will deliver will win the election and not on basis of their party.
Fellow Nairalanders, together we can effect a change by voting in those who can deliver and not for the parties they belong.
[/size][/size][/size]
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by oludashmi(f): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2011
The PDP versus the ACN

Explaining that elections are meant to be won by men of integrity, Mr Fashola urged Nigerians not to vote based on sentiments, adding that he made to the office of the governor based on upright manifestos of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). “Elections cannot be won by resulting to derogatory language, by claiming luck,” he said. “Elections require those who seek elective office to focus on the people over whom they plan to exercise authority and to communicate to them in a very clear and practical manner how you intend to improve their lot. Look, I think that the PDP led federal government has a lot of questions to answer in Lagos and it is interesting that these remarks are being made from outside Lagos. So I hope that when they come here, they will be able to call us rascals again; and if we are rascals, it means that some of the other governors he has been presiding over is a republic of rascals.”

Comparing the achievements of the ACN with those of the PDP in the state, the governor said that the later failed in the delivery of the dividends of democracy. “They spent ten years trying to build a 400m bridge in Otta; and on the day that they finally came to open that bridge, instead of apologizing to Lagosians, they were fighting themselves about who was to cut the tape,” he said. “Meanwhile the road that leads to the bridge is not finished. We built Okota link bridge in 18months and it is longer than that bridge over which they were fighting. So that is what we expect them to come and talk about. Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonshoki Expressway is their road and it is pothole ridden, the road to the biggest airport in this country. This is a national embarrassment.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5675872-146/story.csp

Plus Benin-ore is their road and they keep passing it into motion and spending unseen budgets in it
GEJ is just disgracing PDP the more
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by KnowAll(m): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2011
Comparing the achievements of the ACN with those of the PDP in the state, the governor said that the later failed in the delivery of the dividends of democracy. “They spent ten years trying to build a 400m bridge in Otta; and on the day that they finally came to open that bridge, instead of apologizing to Lagosians, they were fighting themselves about who was to cut the tape,” he said. “Meanwhile the road that leads to the bridge is not finished. We built Okota link bridge in 18months and it is longer than that bridge over which they were fighting. So that is what we expect them to come and talk about. Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonshoki Expressway is their road and it is pothole ridden, the road to the biggest airport in this country. This is a national embarrassment
.”

This na word. GEJ should re-asses his style of leadership. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by POTUT(m): 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
Who told you Fashola’s running mate is against his will or are you now an ACN spokesperson?

It is not GEJ’s place to be commenting on the internal workings of another political party - focus on the ISSUES and the good governance you are going to bring.

Fashola was regarded as an ‘imposed’ candidate when he emerged, but his PERFORMANCE trumps everything else - this is what GEJ should be focusing on. How have his so called non rascals PERFORMED?

GEJ stands for democracy and its tenets. ACN doesn't. It stands for autocracy and believes it has the right to appoint the people's leaders.

! GEJ released someone arrested for murder in his desperation to win the PDP primaries and released billions of funds on 31st December ostensibly for the same aim and we are supposed to believe he is innocent?

He is clearly naïve, silly and beginning to believe the sycophantic messages of those around him, but that can NEVER be mistaken for innocence.

And your Bank handled the transactions? Do you have proof? Aren't there ACN Senators who know this too? Can't they raise the probe?

The point is that Fashola is still a vine among thorns. If you think your president is silly, then you truly have no hope.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by foyeks2001(f): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2011
Babatunde Raji Fashola
kiti gbe, o gbe re

u are da best
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Superbrain(m): 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2011
@ Debosky, spot on bro. Couldn't have said it any better.

GEJ is a rascal. He stood beside rascals and accused the best governors of the federation of being rascals. I leave the following comparisons below,

1. Who is the rascal? Dr. Mimiko who has revolutionalized health care delivery in Ondo State, with commendations from the World Bank and EU, or Agagu, who condoned the illegal practices of the dethroned Deji and instead of attending to the needs of his people, spent more time seeking favouritism from Obj?

2. Gov Fashola, who withstood the PDP thuggrey led by Obanikoro and has succeded in transforming Lagos state to the delight of Lagosians and foreigners?

3. Gov Rauf Who against all the evil machinations of the PDP stood for justice and has embarked on a radical development campaign for education in his state?

To those clamouring for GEJ and his cohorts, what do you have to say about this and your president's response?

1. The October 1st bomb blast?
2. The recent spate of killings in Plateau State-(the dumb Jang is talking about security and development as if he has achieved any of that during his tenure)
3. The recent voters exercise where schools were forced not to reopen but the President's children resumed school on the first day of the exercise?
4. The recent murder of the ANPP gubernatorial aspirant in Borno state- an obvious political assassination.
5. And the list is endless,

Please wake up. I am from the South South but I am accountable to my children and generations to come for decisions I make today. PDP is a failure.

And please Gov. Fashola has the right to lash back at a President that refused to respect his own office when he made that statement. I bet you, GEJ will avoid Lagos because if he shows up, he might get he least expects (we just might be having another shoe-thrower).

To hell with Mr. President and his party.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Ibomade1: 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
Superbrain:

GEJ is a rascal. He stood beside rascals and accused the best governors of the federation of being rascals. I leave the following comparisons below,

1. Who is the rascal? Dr. Mimiko who has revolutionalized health care delivery in Ondo State, with commendations from the World Bank and EU, or Agagu, who condoned the illegal practices of the dethroned Deji and instead of attending to the needs of his people, spent more time seeking favouritism from Obj?

2. Gov Fashola, who withstood the PDP thuggrey led by Obanikoro and has succeded in transforming Lagos state to the delight of Lagosians and foreigners?

3. Gov Rauf Who against all the evil machinations of the PDP stood for justice and has embarked on a radical development campaign for education in his state?

To those clamouring for GEJ and his cohorts, what do you have to say about this and your president's response?

2. The recent spate of killings in Plateau State-(the dumb Jang is talking about security and development as if he has achieved any of that during his tenure)
3. The recent voters exercise where schools were forced not to reopen but the President's children resumed school on the first day of the exercise?
4. The recent murder of the ANPP gubernatorial aspirant in Borno state- an obvious political assassination.

Please wake up. I am from the South South but I am accountable to my children and generations to come for decisions I make today. PDP is a failure.

And please Gov. Fashola has the right to lash back at a President that refused to respect his own office when he made that statement. I bet you, GEJ will avoid Lagos because if he shows up, he might get he least expects (we just might be having another shoe-thrower).

@Superbrain you are too much
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by dlox01(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2011
Superbrain:

GBAM!!!! grin

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Andwifey: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
Way to go, Baba fash!!!!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by calyx: 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2011
I get ashamed of this president on daily basis especially whenever he opens his mouth.

Should we be surprised? Jonathan is still a product of Obasanjo . . .oh did we forget Yar'Adua that soon
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by lilymomy: 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2011
The tongue is a little member of the body that can set the whole body on fire, The word of God is true. But can two wrongs make a rigth, Pls give GEJ a break,
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by debosky(m): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
POTUT:

GEJ stands for democracy and its tenets. ACN doesn't. It stands for autocracy and believes it has the right to appoint the people's leaders.

GEJ stands for democracy yet is trying to move the Chief Judge of the Appeal Courts to the supreme court so he can put in someone to give PDP friendly decisions. He stands for democracy and its tenets while freeing someone accused of murder in order to curry favour from legislators to win election primaries.

He stands for democracy yet keeps silent about PDP governors and legislators 'impeaching' a speaker with 7 members out of 20 and claiming a majority! Democracy indeed.

And your Bank handled the transactions? Do you have proof? Aren't there ACN Senators who know this too? Can't they raise the probe?

Who is 'they'? IS ACN in charge at the Federal level to raise a probe into the disbursements of the FG? Do you even understand the workings of the Federal Government?

The point is that Fashola is still a vine among thorns. If you think your president is silly, then you truly have no hope.

The president is worse than silly - he is an incompetent charlatan who has assumed high political office not for achievements, but simply for being someone who won't rock the boat. He has no tangible record in any of his political offices and is banking on 'luck' to rebuild Nigeria.

It is a shame that ONE ACN governor's achievements dwarf those of all the PDP governors in the South West combined. Fashola cannot be a vine - he was trained for political office in the deepest heart of ACN - while their candidate selection process might not be to everybody's taste, the OUTPUT - the concrete performance can never be questioned.

Unlike you, I don't think holding the office of president bestows wisdom and understanding. Putting lipstick on a pig will not change the fact that it is a pig.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Bijemi(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2011
Fashola is doing what must be done. Protect the image of ACN.

E ko O nibajeo
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by mrofficial(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
LOOOL. Yes, the country cannot be run by mere luck. Fashola, help me tell them to remove those bill boards that states "Good luck Nigeria". It is never by luck ooo. DUMB GEJ! Pretty huge D!ck (PhD) holder. smiley
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2011
Pretty huge manliness (PhD) holder

nah, performer hater degree.

note that he has surrounded himself by people of like ability and orientation

mediocres who hate performers
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by mrofficial(m): 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2011
^ thnx for the correction jare. smiley
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by TippyTop(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2011
This is a chance for most of you berating GEJ to know the meaning of "Rascal"

Rascal (noun)
"a mischievous or cheeky person, especially a child or man
(typically used in an affectionate way)."

GEJ used it in the above context unless Nairalanders have their own dictionary.

P.S
For those who can't afford a dictionary, there's a free online dictionary   here.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^ In Nigeria? Rascal is a term of endearment?? Even ordinary hand gesture, "waka", could get you killed in Nigeria and you are here trying to tell us that calling a person a RASCAL in Nigeria is a term of enderment??

[size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

Rascal (noun)

P.S
For those who can't afford a dictionary, there's a free online dictionary   here.

LOL. Do you know what people call "context" or "implicit messages" grin grin. Na wa oo for Naija
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by TippyTop(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^^ In Nigeria? Rascal is a term of endearment?? Even ordinary hand gesture, "waka", could get you killed in Nigeria and you are here trying to tell us that calling a person a RASCAL in Nigeria is a term of enderment??

[size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]

Am sorry but I can only quote the dictionary definition. As far as I know there's no "Nigerian Dictionary". For sake of debate lets use standard dictionary as a reference point. My turn to [size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by TippyTop(m): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

LOL. Do you know what people call "context" or "implicit messages" grin grin. Na wa oo for Naija

No I don't, please tell me.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by bkbabe97y(m): 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

Rascal (noun)

P.S

For some reason I thot u was being sarcastic, then I read Kobo's retort, then I went to your profile to read your last posts . . . . . .

Then I determined that youre just another Idi*iot wasting bandwidth in cyberspace. . . . . . .
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by HamidO1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

Rascal (noun)

P.S

Rascal - dishonest person: somebody, especially a man, who is dishonest or otherwise unethical
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

That is another definition for you. Only GEJ can tell you the context in which he used the word.  GEJ is a slowpoke simple.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by TippyTop(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hamid O:

Rascal - dishonest person: somebody, especially a man, who is dishonest or otherwise unethical
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

That is another definition for you. Only GEJ can tell you the context in which he used the word.  GEJ is a slowpoke simple.

He was probably not using Microsoft® Encarta® 2009, he may have used the loved and trusted Oxford dictionary.

P.S
There's an online version of the above, check my previous post.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by TippyTop(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
bk.babe97y:

For some reason I thot u was being sarcastic, then I read Kobo's retort, then I went to your profile to read your last posts . . . . . .

Then I determined that youre just another Idi*iot wasting bandwidth in cyberspace. . . . . . .

Go back to your nut house "oya" "quick quick" "chop chop".
Who let the "DOGS" out, whoo whoo whoo whoo whooo.
As kobo would say ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

No I don't, please tell me.

con·text

the[b] parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect[/b]:
the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.

now, read this:

"the president, said the zone was too educated,
civilized to be left in the hands of rascals".
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by bkbabe97y(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

Go back to your nut house "oya" "quick quick" "chop chop".
Who let the "DOGS" out, whoo whoo whoo whoo whooo.
As kobo would say ROFLMAO!!!

Wow! Dude, u really are crazy! shocked
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2011
eediot in aso rock episode 2

http://www.punchontheweb.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art201102094511046

President Goodluck Jonathan has stressed the critical nature of the South-West to his administration, saying that the zone will not be left to[b] “rascals” to rule.[/b]
Specifically, the President noted that Lagos State, being the commercial and industrial hub of the country, must be governed by the PDP.
Jonathan spoke on Tuesday in Ibadan, Oyo State during the commencement of his presidential campaign in the South-West.
The President said the party’s machinery would be legally deployed to ensure that the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Ade Dosumu, emerged victorious in April.
According to him, PDP leaders “will not sleep” until power was wrested from the Action Congress of Nigeria in Lagos State.
He said, “South-West is the most important zone in Nigeria. It is the most cosmopolitan zone where all Nigerians come. It is a mini Nigeria and it is very unique.
“Major commercial activities take place in Lagos and its adjoining states. We are happy that we have a strong support base here. All we can promise the people of the South-West is transparent and good governance.
We (PDP) must take over all the states in the South-West. The zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals. We shall take over Lagos, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states.
“It is true that we have our challenges in the zone, but we are on top of them all. We shall resolve our differences in our own way.”

seems gej's supporters are as daft as him. i don't see any affection here.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/jonathan-didnt-call-acn-govs-rascals-presidency/

Jonathan didn’t call ACN govs rascals- Presidency
News Feb 10, 2011
31Share

By DANIEL IDONOR
THE Presidency yesterday distanced President Goodluck Jonathan from suggestions that he called names when he said that the “the south west is too important to be left in the hands of rascals.”

Fielding questions from State House Correspondents, Presidential Spokesman, Mr Ima Niboro, stated that “at no time did the President ascribed the rascal he mentioned to anyone”.

However, he added that while the President did not refer to anyone specifically as a rascal, whoever that would wants to appropriate the name of a rascal to himself is welcome.

He said: “Please note that the president didn’t call any names when he said the south west is too important to be left in the hands of rascals”.

According to him, “so any one who wants to appropriate the name to himself is welcome to do so”.

President Jonathan had on Tuesday while flagging-off his presidential campaign in the South-West geo-political zone, in Ibadan, declared that the south West is too educated to be left in the hands of rascals to lead come April 2011, insisting that the people must vote for credible leaders in the next election.

and the hysterical flip flopping of mr in experience raises its head again  cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by HamidO1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

Am sorry but I can only quote the dictionary definition. As far as I know there's no "Nigerian Dictionary". For sake of debate lets use standard dictionary as a reference point. My turn to [size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]

I use to think GEJ was the dumbest person but you've just stolen that away from him. What do you mean by standard dictionary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Inaugurates Skill Acquisition Centre In Abuja (photos) / Dino Malaye Poses With His Sweet Mother / Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.