Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Random Musings On Religion. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Random Musings On Religion. (4457 Views)

My Thoughts On Religion I / My Conclusion on Religion / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 9:04pm On May 05, 2023
More.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 9:08pm On May 05, 2023
More

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2023
More.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by TheMadame(f): 7:08pm On May 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

I hope you know slavers use the Bible to back their act

Yes I agree, but like I said before religion has its uses. It is not all negative. I attended a missionary secondary school and we were taught proper morals.
Missionaries promoted education and some built hospitals. Surely this counts for something.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 1:16am On May 12, 2023
Allegations of blasphemy and the rise of the mob!

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 1:20am On May 12, 2023
More mob action.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 1:23am On May 12, 2023
Mob action continued.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 1:41am On May 12, 2023
The above tweets were posted by Amnesty International as a reminder to the Nigeria government on the rise of religious mobs ,running around killing and burning people on behalf of their omnipotent and omniscient God.
Many religious people are literate and can read,but can they THINK?
It is just an absurdity that so called creations of an omnipotent being have to fight, kill and burn other creations to protect the name/image of this omnipotent being.
Think about it!

3 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2023
Dantedasz:

The above tweets were posted by Amnesty International as a reminder to the Nigeria government on the rise of religious mobs ,running around killing and burning people on behalf of their omnipotent and omniscient God.
Many religious people are literate and can read,but can they THINK?
It is just an absurdity that so called creations of an omnipotent being have to fight, kill and burn other creations to protect the name/image of this omnipotent being.
Think about it!

@the bolded,
Majority of the members of the mob are certainly not literate. However the leaders of the mob are literate. These are the scholars who understand what they regard as blasphemy and quickly pass the message to the mob during Friday prayers. The mindless illiterate mob does the rest.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2023
Caveatemptor:

@the bolded,
Majority of the members of the mob are certainly not literate. However the leaders of the mob are literate. These are the scholars who understand what they regard as blasphemy and quickly pass the message to the mob during Friday prayers. The mindless illiterate mob does the rest.

Would you say students of a college of education are illiterate?
Please read below from Sahara reporters.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2023
More.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2023
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2023
Blasphemy: One year after, Nigerians demand whereabouts of Deborah Samuel’s killers
Published on May 12, 2023 By Ochogwu Sunday

Exactly one year ago, on May 12, 2022, Deborah Emmanuel, a female student of the Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto State was killed by Islamic extremists over blasphemy allegations against Prophet Mohammed.

The 200-level student was set ablaze after she reportedly advised her classmates against posting religious contents on their WhatsApp group which was created for academic purposes.

A motion picture of the student being stoned and beaten with sticks by her Muslim school-mates before setting her ablaze, was shared widely on all social media platforms.

A few days after the unfortunate incident that relatively set the country on fire, the Sokoto State Police Command announced the arrest of two suspects in connection to Deborah’s murder.
The suspected murderers, Bilyaminu Aliyu and Aminu Hukunci were on May 16 docked at a Sokoto Chief Magistrate’s Court for their alleged participation in the crime.

A total number of thirty-four lawyers led by Professor Mansur Ibrahim, allegedly sponsored by some public figures, stormed the court to defend the suspected killers.

DAILY POST recalls that the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Sanusi Abubakar, in a statement on August 28, revealed that those arrested were not the prime suspects, saying that they were only among those who organised the riot.

He then vowed that the command would unearth all the suspected killers upon completion of investigation.

However, one year after the incident, the prime suspect who was boasting in the video of how he led the mob to lynch the innocent girl, is still at large.

A Catholic Priest, Fr Kelvin Ugwu in a post on his official Facebook page on Thursday, asked the state governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigeria Police Force to tell Nigerians what happened to the suspects.

He wrote, “I am asking the Governor of Sokoto, Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, please sir, where are the killers of Deborah? Have you found them? Where did you keep them? What did you do to them?

“I am asking President Muhammadu Buhari, where are the killers? Are they invisible? Have they been arrested?

“And to the Nigeria Police Force, what has happened to the swiftness you normally employ in arresting people who make posts on social media you consider inciting and divisive? What did you do to the killers of Ms Deborah? Where are the killers?”

This is coming amid allegations that even the two suspects who were in May 2022, remanded in the Sokoto Correctional Centre may have been freed.

An On Air Personality, Mr Joseph Adejor also told our correspondent yesterday that “there may be something fishy about how the case died silently.”

“The question is, have they been able to arrest the prime suspect? After the incident, there were reports that the murderer fled to Niger Republic, have they traced him to that country?

“Like my friend always says, Nigeria is just a joke. A human being was burnt to death and nothing happened to the suspects. You remember how a popular politician condemned the incident and later deleted the post. I doubt if those two suspects that they managed to arrest were not freed later”, he lamented.

However, the Spokesperson of the Sokoto Police Command, DSP Sanusi Abubakar told DAILY POST on Thursday that the command had played its part by charging the suspects to court.

He said, “The police as an institution, when we charge a case to the court, it is left for the judge to determine whether the suspect is found guilty or not.

“Our duty as police agency is to conduct investigation, and charge the suspect to court. It is now in the hands of the court to determine the end.

“We as a police, we have played our part. It is now left for the judiciary to do the necessary”.

Asked to clarify the allegations that some of the suspects were freed, the PPRO said,
“If there is any allegation that the suspects have been freed, I think only the judiciary is in the position to answer that”.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:48pm On May 13, 2023
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:50pm On May 13, 2023
More. Rise of the mobs and complicity of the Nigeria authorities.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 6:37pm On May 13, 2023
Caveatemptor:

But he is omniscient and knows what I am going to write and he knows that what I wrote will make you respond as you just did. So where is the FREEWILL?

God is omniscient yes which means he knows all that is he knows everything thing you could possibly do with your life it's up till your death.he knows all the options you have he give you the right to choose your option
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2023
Christian cults.

I find Christian cults amusing. It is evidence that the indoctrination and delusion is very deep. I have said it severally, Christians don't read their religious book. They rely on their pastors who set out to interpret the book according to their selfish agenda. Attached is the story of a Kenyan pastor and his cult of death.
Happy reading.

Kenya Doomsday Death Toll Hits 200, With More Than 600 Reported Missing
The victims were allegedly told to starve themselves to meet Jesus. Their bodies are being exhumed from mass graves in the coastal county of Kilifi.

EVELYNE MUSAMBI

May 14, 2023.

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — The death toll linked to a doomsday cult in Kenya hit 201 Saturday after police exhumed 22 more bodies, most of them bearing signs of starvation, according to the coast regional commissioner.

The bodies are believed to be those of followers of a pastor based in coastal Kenya, Paul Mackenzie. He’s alleged to have ordered congregants to starve to death in order to meet Jesus.
More than 600 people are still missing.

Mackenzie, who was arrested last month, remains in custody. Police plan to charge him with terrorism-related offenses.
Hundreds of bodies have been dug up from dozens of mass graves spread across his 800-acre property, located in the coastal county of Kilifli

Mackenzie insists that he closed his church in 2019 and moved to his property in a forested area to farm.

Autopsies conducted on more than 100 bodies last week showed the victims died of starvation, strangulation, suffocation and injuries sustained from blunt objects.

Local media outlets have been reporting cases of missing internal body organs, quoting investigators in the case.
Mackenzie, his wife and 16 other suspects will appear in court at the end of the month.

Coast regional commissioner Rhoda Onyancha on Saturday said the total number of those arrested stood at 26, with 610 people reported as missing by their families.

It is unclear how many survivors have been rescued so far from the search and rescue operations on Mackenzie’s vast property. Some of them were too weak to walk when they were found.

Cults are common in Kenya, which has a religious society.

Self-proclaimed pastor Paul Nthenge Mackenzie who set up the Good News International Church in 2003 and is accused of inciting cult followers to starve to death "to meet Jesus", appeared at the Shanzu law courts in Mombasa on May 5.

Police across the country have been questioning other religious leaders whose teachings are believed to be misleading and contrary to basic human rights.

President William Ruto last week formed a commission of inquiry to investigate how hundreds of people were lured to their deaths at the coast and recommend action on institutions that failed to act.

Mackenzie had in the past been charged with the deaths of children in his church in a case that is ongoing in court.

Part of HuffPost World News. ©2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Huffington Post

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2023
Lawag3:

God is omniscient yes which means he knows all that is he knows everything thing you could possibly do with your life it's up till your death.he knows all the options you have he give you the right to choose your option

Oga,
I don't get the bolded.
Please elaborate if you can.
How has he given you options when he has predetermined the options?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 8:43pm On May 15, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Oga,
I don't get the bolded.
Please elaborate if you can.
How has he given you options when he has predetermined the options?

God does not pre determine the options. For example you have three road in front of you God knows what will happen if you pass any of the roads he knows the safe road to pass and might even tell you if you listen to him. But the decision to pass any of the roads is to be made by you. You get to choose.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 8:46pm On May 15, 2023
Lawag3:

God does not pre determine the options. For example you have three road in front of you God knows what will happen if you pass any of the roads he knows the safe road to pass and might even tell you if you listen to him. But the decision to pass any of the roads is to be made by you. You get to choose.

You do not get to choose anything in this situation.
Read this~

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 3:28am On May 16, 2023
Lawag3:

In history there have been various gods but in the Christian bible,the God depicted is a mono God. The characteristics of this God is that he is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibenevolent. Without these attributes this being is no longer a God.
Throughout the Christian Bible these attributes of God are consistently propounded. The simple fact is that the Christian God being all powerful and knowledgeable has the power to know the past,the present and the future of all occurences. If he did /does not have this omniscient knowledge then he can not be God. Not having omniscience,not having omnipotence and not having omnipresence diminishes the power of God. It diminishes one of his essential characteristics which is to have complete and ultimate knowledge of every cause and ultimate effect of every human action. For the Christian God to exhibit the attribute of omniscience he just has to know EVERYTHING.
So how do you fit free will into all of this?
You need to read your religious books a little more because all these attributes resonate constantly and consistently through the bible.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 4:42am On May 16, 2023
Caveatemptor:

In history there have been various gods but in the Christian bible,the God depicted is a mono God. The characteristics of this God is that he is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibenevolent. Without these attributes this being is no longer a God.
Throughout the Christian Bible these attributes of God are consistently propounded. The simple fact is that the Christian God being all powerful and knowledgeable has the power to know the past,the present and the future of all occurences. If he did /does not have this omniscient knowledge then he can not be God. Not having omniscience,not having omnipotence and not having omnipresence diminishes the power of God. It diminishes one of his essential characteristics which is to have complete and ultimate knowledge of every cause and ultimate effect of every human action. For the Christian God to exhibit the attribute of omniscience he just has to know EVERYTHING.
So how do you fit free will into all of this?
You need to read your religious books a little more because all these attributes resonate constantly and consistently through the bible.

Yeah Everything that is what you can do what you may do. It's like knowing all possible realities.

You underestimate the power of knowing everything. It's like me wanting to do something God knows I could do it he also knows what I will do if I change my mind he also knows what will happen if I do it he also knows what will happen if I don't do it. He knows that if I do what I want to do it could affect someone else. He knows how it will affect the person specifically. He knows what the other person needs to do to avoid being affected. He knows that this person might not do it. He knows all actions but leaves you to make the actions.So there's nothing you can do to surprise God he already knows
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 4:48am On May 16, 2023
Lawag3:

Yeah Everything that is what you can do what you may do. It's like knowing all possible realities.

You underestimate the power of knowing everything. It's like me wanting to do something God knows I could do it he also knows what I will do if I change my mind he also knows what will happen if I do it he also knows what will happen if I don't do it. He knows that if I do what I want to do it could affect someone else. He knows how it will affect the person specifically. He knows what the other person needs to do to avoid being affected. He knows that this person might not do it. He knows all actions but leaves you to make the actions. So there's nothing you can do to surprise God he already knows.

Like I said,you need to read your religious book because this your theory is not one of the attributes of the God of the Bible.
The attribute of the God of the Bible is that he knows the cause and all the effects of any action taken.
If he doesn't know the effect of any action then his essence of being omniscient is reduced and he is no longer God.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 4:50am On May 16, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Like I said,you need to read your religious book because this your theory is not one of the attributes of the God of the Bible.

Omniscient? That's the definition of omniscient! It's in the bible. What's your definition of omniscient?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 4:53am On May 16, 2023
Lawag3:

Omniscient? That's the definition of omniscient! It's in the bible. What's your definition of omniscient?

An omniscient being knows everything. If such a being does not know the final effect of any causality then that being can not be considered to be omniscient.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 4:57am On May 16, 2023
Caveatemptor:

An omniscient being knows everything. If such a being does not know the final effect of any causality then that being can not be considered to be omniscient.

That's it bro he knows everything he knows the effect of any causality that could possibly happen before it even happens. The bible describe him as an All knowing God this is really clear bro.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 5:02am On May 16, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Tell me bro is what I'm describing not the meaning of omniscient you guys limit God he is too big to comprehend yet close enough to hear you and listen to you.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 5:18am On May 16, 2023
Lawag3:

That's it bro he knows everything he knows the effect of any causality that could possibly happen before it even happens. The bible describe him as an All knowing God this is really clear bro.

So from where comes the free will?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Lawag3: 6:41am On May 16, 2023
Caveatemptor:

So from where comes the free will?

Free will comes when you choose your course of action. You are free to choose how you want to live your life. You'll also bear the consequences of how you lived your life.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 7:04am On May 16, 2023
Lawag3:

Free will comes when you choose your course of action. You are free to choose how you want to live your life. You'll also bear the consequences of how you lived your life.

Do you realise that this your theory of freewill is a total contradiction to the omniscience and omnipotence of the God in the bible?
Free will as you have defined it robs the God of the Bible of his essential characteristics.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 8:00am On May 16, 2023
Here is an example of God of the bibles predetermination of his creations in psalms. I did not write this. It is in your religious book!

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2023
This is also from your religious book and there are plenty more....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Hate Going To Church? / Merry Christmas Everyone! / Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.