Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Random Musings On Religion. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Random Musings On Religion. (4466 Views)

My Thoughts On Religion I / My Conclusion on Religion / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
Religious segregation/apartheid in islam.

2 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Dantedasz:
Religious segregation/apartheid in islam.

A universe creating god decided that one tiny patch of land on one tiny planet is very important and requires some animals to police it. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
I actually enjoy reading books about Islam.
I particularly find the story of Prophet Muhammed and his flying steed/horse/creature very fascinating.
The story goes that Muhammed flew on this creature to heaven where he meets lots of pious men of God such as Moses,Jesus and Abraham before finally ascending to the highest heaven where he meets Allah.
Some Muslims believe it was a physical journey while some believe it was a spiritual journey .
Haddiths and Qur'an support this story. Muslims believe the story to be true.
What do you think?
Quite Frankly I find it amusing . Just like talking snakesšŸ and talking donkeys šŸ«.

I think this guys video explains it story of Buraq, Muhammeds' flying creature better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtRKFgfmV4

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2023
Muslims actually believe and argue that Muhammed physically split the moon into two parts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:54am On Apr 26, 2023
Islamic writings inform us that the polytheists of Muhammed's era doubted that he was a prophet of God and as such challenged him to perform a miracle of splitting the moon into two parts.
Muhammed then asked them that if he splits the moon into two parts Will the doubters convert from polytheism to Islam and become Muslims?

The polytheists agreed to Muhammed's challenge and accepted to convert to Islam if he could indeed split the moon into two parts. Muhammed then proceeds to point a finger at the moon šŸŒ™ šŸŒš and the moon is divided into two parts.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 8:22am On Apr 26, 2023
The following screen shot shows names of some of the people that witnessed this earth shaking miracle of the splitting of the moon.

1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2023
Is the miracle of the splitting of the moon possible if placed aside physics?
This miracle in my opinion goes against what we know from physics.
There are a lot of videos on YouTube where Muslim scholars argue that there are ridges on the surface of the moon which proves that Muhammed actually split the moon into two parts.
I leave the reader of this thread to choose what to believe. kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzXZXrt0n2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyI7ag1J0lk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
RELIGION AND POLITICS.

Man is a political animal.
Man is a religious animal based on where he is born,probably. lipsrsealed
How does religion affect man in his choice of government/democracy?

Coming up next. undecided

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 6:14am On Apr 29, 2023
The Miss world bloody riots.

In 2002, Nigeria was scheduled to host the Miss World beauty pageant. A few years earlier Miss Agbani Dorego had won the beauty show,so it was only right that Nigeria was chosen as a host for a subsequent pageant and Miss Agbani would probably crown the winner.
The show (organised by Miss World and Silverbird productions)was scheduled to hold in December and the contestants from various countries from all over the world flew into Abuja for the contest.

Miss Isioma Daniel.
Many people nowadays complain about ARISE television being a controversial television station but this did not start today. In 2002 This day newspapers which is the parent company of ARISE television had a fashion reporter/writer named Isioma Daniel who was covering the scheduled Ms World beauty pageant. She chose to write an article on the ladies taking part in the pageant and stated that even the prophet Muhammed would have approved of the pageant holding in North Nigeria,and would in fact picked one of the ladies as a wife.

The riots.

Four days after the article appeared in this day newspapers riots broke out all over Kaduna state. Apparently the article was the catalyst for religious riots. The Thisday local office in Kaduna was burnt to the ground while youths attacked and burnt down over 50 church buildings. Mobs screaming abuse against the Ms World pageant roamed the streets attacking Christians and anything associated with the then governor of the state Ahmed Maikarfi. Zamfara state Muslims issued a fatwa against Ms Daniel who had to flee to America. I doubt if she has set foot in Nigeria ever since.
Epilogue.

While I agree that Ms Daniel and This day newspapers were insensitive and out of order to write such an article,knowing the volatile nature of North Nigeria towards anything deemed derogatory of their holy prophet and Islam,I just wonder how many members of the riot gangs actually read the article by Ms Isioma Daniel? Food for thought. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses. Good day.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://guardian.ng/life/the-miss-world-riot-that-left-100-dead-in-nigeria/&ved=2ahUKEwjD9MbRp87-AhWdU6QEHeVcDGEQFnoECDcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw28qvUKEvuQcUPW6QSxcGXN

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2023
More.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2023
More.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2023
More

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:45am On Apr 29, 2023
More.

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LottiOk: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2023
Islamic religion is d modern day version of what Christianity used 2 b in d medieval era

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2023
Dantedasz:
The Miss world bloody riots.

In 2002, Nigeria was scheduled to host the Miss World beauty pageant. A few years earlier Miss Agbani Dorego had won the beauty show,so it was only right that Nigeria was chosen as a host for a subsequent pageant and Miss Agbani would probably crown the winner.
The show (organised by Miss World and Silverbird productions)was scheduled to hold in December and the contestants from various countries from all over the world flew into Abuja for the contest.

Miss Isioma Daniel.
Many people nowadays complain about ARISE television being a controversial television station but this did not start today. In 2002 This day newspapers which is the parent company of ARISE television had a fashion reporter/writer named Isioma Daniel who was covering the scheduled Ms World beauty pageant. She chose to write an article on the ladies taking part in the pageant and stated that even the prophet Muhammed would have approved of the pageant holding in North Nigeria,and would in fact picked one of the ladies as a wife.

The riots.

Four days after the article appeared in this day newspapers riots broke out all over Kaduna state. Apparently the article was the catalyst for religious riots. The Thisday local office in Kaduna was burnt to the ground while youths attacked and burnt down over 50 church buildings. Mobs screaming abuse against the Ms World pageant roamed the streets attacking Christians and anything associated with the then governor of the state Ahmed Maikarfi. Zamfara state Muslims issued a fatwa against Ms Daniel who had to flee to America. I doubt if she has set foot in Nigeria ever since.
Epilogue.

While I agree that Ms Daniel and This day newspapers were insensitive and out of order to write such an article,knowing the volatile nature of North Nigeria towards anything deemed derogatory of their holy prophet and Islam,I just wonder how many members of the riot gangs actually read the article by Ms Isioma Daniel? Food for thought. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses. Good day.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://guardian.ng/life/the-miss-world-riot-that-left-100-dead-in-nigeria/&ved=2ahUKEwjD9MbRp87-AhWdU6QEHeVcDGEQFnoECDcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw28qvUKEvuQcUPW6QSxcGXN

Without prejudice to the blasphemy of Isioma Daniel, I personally feel that Muslims contrary to claiming their religion to be a religion of peace, actually seethe with boiling anger. They are always looking for the slightest spark to set themselves off on an orgy of violence on behalf of their god. In reality how many of the mindless mob that embarked on the banquet of violence in Kaduna and it's environs actually Read the This day article by Isioma Daniel?
They only relied on words of mouth/hearsay from their hidden leaders. Always looking for the slightest spark to unleash the inferno of violence on innocent bystanders in a delusional fight for their god.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Without prejudice to the blasphemy of Isioma Daniel, I personally feel that Muslims contrary to claiming their religion to be a religion of peace, actually seethe with boiling anger. They are always looking for the slightest spark to set themselves off on an orgy of violence on behalf of their god. In reality how many of the mindless mob that embarked on the banquet of violence in Kaduna and it's environs actually Read the This day article by Isioma Daniel?
They only relied on words of mouth/hearsay from their hidden leaders. Always looking for the slightest spark to unleash the inferno of violence on innocent bystanders in a delusional fight for their god.

NOT only Islam. ALL forms of religion have a propensity to instigate violence,against the enemies of their god(s).
In fact violence is an integral part of the origin stories of most known religions. The aim of any religion is to destroy their perceived enemies and establish their own religion as the SOLE form of religion in the world. Religion only have an enforced tolerance of any form of opposition. Tolerance is not acceptance.

2 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2023
Dark matter 2525 is one of my favourite YouTubers . The simplicity of his content hides a very big message. It makes you think and question dogma you have been fed from a young age. The video is short and you need to watch to the end to get the complete message. Happy viewing. Happy Labour day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
God of the Bible is the ONLY true God. All others I don't know. He has been / is being misrepresented for ages.
Do you have evidence he's the true one? Are you aware adherents of the 4299 would say the exact thing you do?

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 12:31pm On May 01, 2023
joyandfaith:

he created us with free will. humans are not robots.
Nope. If he knows how each of us would end up then thereā€™s no freewill. We are just toeing the destiny he ordained for each of us

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
The same way you have the freedom to write on this thread whatever you would and He is watching you without any protest.
Same way Flying Spaghetti Monster is patiently watching you promote yahweh. Same yahweh he created from dust

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Ain't you heard the word "to see what they shall do?

But yahweh already knows what we'll do

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Apparently religious people are so brainwashed that they fail to see the folly in this statement made by @Dtruthspeaker.
Logically it follows that their god is NOT omniscient as his book claims if he needs to wait to see what humanity will do. If he is all knowing as they claim it then follows that he already knows the consequences of any action. If he needs to wait for the consequences then he is NOT all knowing. It means his knowledge is limited!

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 5:40pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you have evidence he's the true one? Are you aware adherents of the 4299 would say the exact thing you do?

Check it. He is the only God that tells us about the beginning even the first man and woman, the parents of all human beings with names and location. He is the only God that hĆ s written the programme of the earth in prophecies and has proven correct till now. He is the only one that has talked about everything happening now. He is the only God that personality shows Himself to people to convert them when necessary. He is the only one that walked His own through all civilizations and has record in history. His name is I Am. Hallelujah!
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
Talk about your Quran alone if youā€™re not a Christian, the whole Quran is about the New Testament in volume and is not organized at all.
Same as the bible. But you ran away when the inadequacies of the bible was presented to you
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
Do you realize that most leading scientists are religious? Albert Einstein, Micheal Faraday, Gregor Mendel - priest, Emmanuel Cant Galileo Galilee, Isaac Newton who wrote an exposition on The Prophecy of Daniel? Algebra in Mathematics is founded by a Muslim?
Many are deists. Some are Salerternian christians. Einstein himself isn't even christian
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by jaephoenix(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
Good points. You should realize that man found himself here and wondered what brought him here and to find answers, he began to ascribe creation and all he could figure out to gods. This is the reason for making Sun, planets, trees, rivers etc gods and objects of worship. So many superstitions are made all over the world. Then human began to develop his mind and science was born. Not science alone, Law, Business, Administration etc. All of these also had their initial problems- breaking away from the ā€˜standardsā€™ Today advancements are being made in all fronts including religion. Today, I donā€™t see how science has displaced religion. Many astronomers are devout Christians. About the Sun being stopped and movement of the earth round the Sun, science hasnā€™t claimed it didnā€™t happen.Galileo Galilee is unfortunately one of martyrs of science, so we have in religion. The ugly past of Christianity and state of Rome, the killings within the churc, they problems in the early development of Islam: we still have a spillover today. Yet many leading scientists are still religious. Science itself is a part of body of knowledge not all of it. I am a scientist myself, I am a believer in God because at the frontiers of scientific knowledge there are still areas of uncertainty.

Good. I hope you keep your scientific mind away from your religious mind, cos they don't mix

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 8:04pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good. I hope you keep your scientific mind away from your religious mind, cos they don't mix

Yį»u aren't actually right. Isaac Newton is a colossus in the field of science, he wrote exposition on the prophecy of Daniel, Michael Faraday was an organist in his church very devoted, he gave us electricity you are enjoying today, he rejecteed the honour given to him by the Queen, he wasa a devoted Christian. Humphrey Davy, and a host of others. Our own man Gabriel Oyibo whose work in the Theory of Everything (GAGUT) is still under scrutiny for possible Alfred Nobel prize is a devoted Christian.
Aso, I will be striving to be my best in both.

Religion has not proven God wrong. We, both scientists and religionists have limitations when we talk about knowledge, we are both searching.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 8:16pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Many are deists. Some are Salerternian christians. Einstein himself isn't even christian

Einstein prayed the traditional Hebrew prayer before gis death. There's a no known branches of science that are filled with atheists. Majority of them believe in one thing on the other.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:25pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dantedasz:

Knowing and seeing are 2 different things.

Eg you know your children shall pass or fail jamb yet you see what they shall do.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 8:25pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Same as the bible. But you ran away when the inadequacies of the bible was presented to you

There are no inadequacies in the Bible. If you are reading it for criticism, you can't grasp anything. Why is it that no christians agree with you. Yet, there are many Christians that have acquired more certificates than you. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome had an D.Sc, not Honourary. Adeboye Oyedepo, Kumuyi, etc are gifted eggheads. Paul Enenche, Uma Ukpai etc are medical doctors.
Don't just stay in one obscure corner and be playing all - wise.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Knowing and seeing are 2 different things.

Eg you know your children shall pass or fail jamb yet you see what they shall do.

It's like you do not understand what it means when you say something/somebody is OMNISCIENT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is A Pastor Looking For In Hilda Baci's Room? / Christianity Is The Only Religion Of Peace / How Old Is Mankind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.