Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Random Musings On Religion. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Random Musings On Religion. (4405 Views)

My Thoughts On Religion I / My Conclusion on Religion / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:
Religion has the propensity to breed violence!
All forms of religion have the propensity to breed violence at any stage of that religions evolution. What could make a human being wake up ,strap him/herself with a bomb and walk into a crowded arena and blow himself and others to smithereens? Adherents of any religion have the potential to do this no matter how meek and docile they appear to you because there is a tendency that they want to fight for and defend their god. Religionist generally tend to be intolerant when presented with superior reasoning or logic. Religion relies more on raw emotions and dogma than reality. Religion has the power to make a physical human being believe in imaginary spiritual beings. Religion has the power to make a rational being believe in irrationality. Anything can be justified under religion including murder, wars,rape,slavery, misogyny and destruction of entire civilisations.
History is replete with men/women donning armour of war and going out to fight wars on behalf of their gods.
I just want to spare a thought for the multiplicity of people who have died in the name of religion.
Religion is the killing field of the gods!!!
Think about it.

It is instructive that the only records of religious war are in relation to Abrahamic religions.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
LordReed:

It is instructive that until the only records of religious war are in relation to Abrahamic religions.

Good morning Lordreed,
Are you saying it is only the Abrahamic religions that have gone to war over religion?
Please can you clarify this point. Thank you. By the way I hope you found the selected praise and worship songs earlier posted to your taste? cool
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

Good morning Lordreed,
Are you saying it is only the Abrahamic religions that have gone to war over religion?
Please can you clarify this point. Thank you. By the way I hope you found the selected praise and worship songs earlier posted to your taste? cool

Good morning.

Sorry my post was a jumble of incomplete thoughts I have modified it. Yeah only the Abrahamic religions have gone to war over religion in any record I can find. I have even asked historians.

I am gonna take my time to savour them, they look tasty, LoL
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:
The next song is by Tim Minchin called THANK YOU GOD!

The song is actually a play on sarcasm of how an Almighty God chooses to cure minor sicknesses and ignores major epidemics like Aids and Covid 19.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s330oeMElQ

LoL! I enjoyed this really well.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:
The next song is from one of my favourite atheist rappers Tombstone da deadman. This brother kicks knowledge and wisdom. I suggest you check out his YouTube channel.
Tombstone da deadman ~The ballad of the non believer. Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LASABzhiZ84

Subscribed to this guy.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by 0temSapien: 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

Can u point to bible verses that say that? Please speak with evidences. Can u pls show us the evidence of Jehovah in cage by gods of science?

Bible is scientifically accurate. Bible talks about earth being spherical and water cycle facts that scientists at that time were not aware of. Check this-
He stretches out the northern sky over empty space, suspending the earth upon nothing.”
Job 26:7
“All the streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is not full. To the place from which the streams flow, there they return so as to flow again.”
Ecclesiastes 1:7

There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth.”
Isaiah 40:22

Bible principles on hygiene were ahead of their times

Shortly before the nation of Israel entered the Promised Land some 35 centuries ago, God said that he would protect them against “the terrible diseases” that they had known in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 7:15) One way he did this was by giving them detailed instructions on disease control and hygiene. For example:

The nation’s code of laws required bathing and clothes washing.—Leviticus 15:4-27.

Regarding human waste, God stated: “A private place should be designated for use outside the camp, and there is where you should go. A peg should be part of your equipment. When you squat outside, you should dig a hole with it and then cover your excrement.”—Deuteronomy 23:12, 13.

People who were thought to have a communicable disease were quarantined—kept away from others for a time. Before returning, those who recovered from sickness had to wash their garments and bathe in water if they were to be considered “clean.”—Leviticus 14:8, 9.

Anyone who touched a dead body was quarantined.—Leviticus 5:2, 3; Numbers 19:16.

Israel’s laws reflected medical concepts and views on sanitation that were far ahead of their time.

Elsewhere, primitive standards of hygiene were prevalent. For example:

Waste was deposited in streets. Polluted water, contaminated food, and other kinds of refuse created unsanitary conditions that contributed to a high rate of disease and infant mortality.

Ancient medical doctors had little or no knowledge of germs and pathogens. Egyptians used such “remedies” as lizard blood, pelican dung, dead mice, urine, and moldy bread. Human as well as animal excrement was also commonly used in their medical procedures.

The ancient Egyptians picked up a variety of parasites from the contaminated waters of the Nile River and its irrigation canals. Likewise, many infants in Egypt died of diarrhea and similar disorders caused by contaminated food.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/science/gods-laws-hygiene-ahead-of-time/

Which school were you taught that circle is the same as sphere. A circle is flat while a sphere is a 3-D object. Also, do you think the earth hs a top or a bottom? I can see that they said that your god dwells on the circle of the earth, lol. The earth is a sphere with no actual bottom or top, revolving around the sun. Is Jehovah your god so blind not to know that the earth is suspected or held by a force called the FORCE OF GRAVITY? But they said that it is suspended upon nothing, Lols. Even Hypatia knew that your god doesn't know that 'nothing' is something that hadn't been discovered by myopic religious gods like Jehovah and Allah. Read the Book of Hypatia to check this out. The rest of your banters are commonsense principles which even the cavemen knew right from time. Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Imhotep, Asklepius, etc of ancient days who are not Christians knew right from time about germs and they even treated some of those stuffs. So what's the qualms about that? It only requires commonsense to know all those.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:
The next song is from one of my favourite atheist rappers Tombstone da deadman. This brother kicks knowledge and wisdom. I suggest you check out his YouTube channel.
Tombstone da deadman ~The ballad of the non believer. Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LASABzhiZ84

Subscribed.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by joyandfaith: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
0temSapien:

Which school were you taught that circle is the same as sphere. A circle is flat while a sphere is a 3-D object. Also, do you think the earth hs a top or a bottom? I can see that they said that your god dwells on the circle of the earth, lol. The earth is a sphere with no actual bottom or top, revolving around the sun. Is Jehovah your god so blind not to know that the earth is suspected or held by a force called the FORCE OF GRAVITY? But they said that it is suspended upon nothing, Lols. Even Hypatia knew that your god doesn't know that 'nothing' is something that hadn't been discovered by myopic religious gods like Jehovah and Allah. Read the Book of Hypatia to check this out. The rest of your banters are commonsense principles which even the cavemen knew right from time. Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Imhotep, Asklepius, etc of ancient days who are not Christians knew right from time about germs and they even treated some of those stuffs. So what's the qualms about that? It only requires commonsense to know all those.

At the that time, your gods of science thought earth was flat and had no idea about water cycle but Bible put that in simple sentence that people would understand. Bible is not a scientific book. is that not amazing.
Ancient medical doctors had little or no knowledge of germs and pathogens. Egyptians used such “remedies” as lizard blood, pelican dung, dead mice, urine, and moldy bread. Human as well as animal excrement was also commonly used in their medical procedures.
The ancient Egyptians picked up a variety of parasites from the contaminated waters of the Nile River and its irrigation canals. Likewise, many infants in Egypt died of diarrhea and similar disorders caused by contaminated food.
can u show any ancient book that touches matter of water cycle, earth being circle not flat and health matter?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:37am On Aug 01, 2020
Here's a song from another very good atheist rappers called Greydon Square. People say he sounds like Eminem but I am more interested in how he gets his message across. Check him out.

GREYDON SQUARE~JUDGE ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipXtfD-AnQg
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:55am On Aug 01, 2020
Christian's and Islamists are quick to warn you that you risk hell fire and everlasting punishment and torture unless you repent from what they term your evil ways. They want you to imbibe what they prescribe for you in their books of dogma so that you can go to heaven and recieve your reward of everlasting life or an uncountable number of virgins.
Their books apply a carrot OR stick doctrine of obey our book and go to heaven OR disobey our book and roast in hell.
Christian zealots are fond of saying it is better to believe their dogma and find out it is not true than NOT to believe their dogma and find out it is true and end up in hell.
The also apply the trick of threatening you to imbibe their dogma because you will die sooner or later and find out their dogma is true.
My simple point today is,DO YOU REALLY NEED A BOOK BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

Are your morals determined by a shiny black book written gazillions of years ago or are they inherently scrolled to your DNA from birth? Do you need a book to tell you if it is right or wrong to kill or steal.
Think about this !
From where comes your morality?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by DrLiveLogic(m): 7:55am On Aug 01, 2020
Dantedasz:
Christian's and Islamists are quick to warn you that you risk hell fire and everlasting punishment and torture unless you repent from what they term your evil ways. They want you to imbibe what they prescribe for you in their books of dogma so that you can go to heaven and recieve your reward of everlasting life or an uncountable number of virgins.
Their books apply a carrot OR stick doctrine of obey our book and go to heaven OR disobey our book and roast in hell.
Christian zealots are fond of saying it is better to believe their dogma and find out it is not true than NOT to believe their dogma and find out it is true and end up in hell.
The also apply the trick of threatening you to imbibe their dogma because you will die sooner or later and find out their dogma is true.
My simple point today is,DO YOU REALLY NEED A BOOK BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

Are your morals determined by a shiny black book written gazillions of years ago or are they inherently scrolled to your DNA from birth? Do you need a book to tell you if it is right or wrong to kill or steal.
Think about this !
From where comes your morality?

No. And god never told anyone they need a book to determine right and wrong. The conscience does that. And just as you believe in a conscience you can't see, it is possible to realise god without seeing him.
The reason for giving laws is that laws on a paper are like a document that's untampered with. However, just like you are imperfect, and imperfection affects your memory, intelligence and all. So does your imperfection tamper with your conscience, hence the need for a document for universal reference
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2020
DrLiveLogic:

No. And god never told anyone they need a book to determine right and wrong. The conscience does that. And just as you believe in a conscience you can't see, it is possible to realise god without seeing him.
The reason for giving laws is that laws on a paper are like a document that's untampered with. However, just like you are imperfect, and imperfection affects your memory, intelligence and all. So does your imperfection tamper with your conscience, hence the need for a document for universal reference

So a book that degrades women,encourages rape,supports slavery,advocates death for witches,encourages genocide and mass murder on a grand scale,discriminates against entire civilisations and supports racism is your go to book for morality??
Give me a break.... undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2020
I stumbled upon this song while surfing YouTube which I do most of my leisure time. What struck me about the song is the simplicity of the lyrics but also the power in the message.
Take a listen.
SHELLEY SEGAL~I Don't believe in fairies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKj6vqUTVY
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by TheMadame(f): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

So a book that degrades women,encourages rape,supports slavery,advocates death for witches,encourages genocide and mass murder on a grand scale,discriminates against entire civilisations and supports racism is your go to book for morality??
Give me a break.... undecided

Without prejudice to your points you do not throw away the baby with the bath water. Religion and the bible do have their uses and have shaped civilisations.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheMadame:

Without prejudice to your points you do not throw away the baby with the bath water. Religion and the bible do have their uses and have shaped civilisations.

At emboldened,
Could you mention some?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by TheMadame(f): 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

At emboldened,
Could you mention some?

Education. Many of us attended missionary schools.
Like I said don't throw away the baby with the bath water even if religion has its evident flaws that can mostly be attributed to the leadership.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheMadame:

Education. Many of us attended missionary schools.
Like I said don't throw away the baby with the bath water even if religion has its evident flaws that can mostly be attributed to the leadership.

Were the mission schools free or fee paying? You need to read deeply on the role of the missionaries on under development of the various colonies.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
God is truly mighty, see as atheists keep hallucinating about someone they claim does not exist.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:58am On Aug 02, 2020
solite3:
God is truly mighty, see as atheists keep hallucinating about someone they claim does not exist.

You sound like someone who is scared and afraid of the truth.
We are not hallucinating about anything but just musing and pointing out the absurdity,inconsistency and irrationality of the fraud that is religion!

2 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:12am On Aug 02, 2020
Endangered species in Africa due to religious delusion in no particular order.
1.Cats.
2.Owls.
3.Bats.
4. Salamanders.
5. Child witches.
6. Village people. undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
I find it amusing that religionists find love in quoting their books of dogma.
If you are having a debate with a religionist,there is always a tendency for them to run and start quoting varied verses of their religious books,at most times relying on emotion and lack of logic.
Despite the fact that at the sight of religion all sense of logic vanishes,religionists are logical and adept at quotations from their illogical books of dogma.
As much as their books advocate misogyny, mass murder,slavery,abuse and discrimination,there are aspects of these books that advocate love,goodness and care towards others.
My point simply is that majority of advocates of religion tend to subscribe to the former aspects rather than the latter. As such there is more tendency to tilt towards murder discrimination, wars,misogyny and attacks on homosexuality and assumed witches and wizards than the tendency doing any good towards others.

2 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2023
Frank Turner,amazing artist!

There are so many religions,sects and cults in the world,in fact there are over 4,000 known forms of religions. The funny fact is every religion and their adherents belive their sect is the best and the god of their religion is the ONE true god and all other gods are fake and not true religions.

It is amusing to note that adherents of each religion belive their god is the true god and because of this god they are ready to go to war to defend their god,they are ready to kill others for this god in fact in extreme cases some of them are ready to kill themselves in order to defend this god.
Cultures,civilisations.books,citadels of learning and education have been wiped out throughout the centuries for the adherents of religion to propagate their dogma.
The funniest aspect of all this rubbish is that the Catholics despise the pentecostal and together they despise the Muslims. Among the Muslims the shittes can't stand the sunni,the sunni cannot stand the ahmadiyya,the sufi despise the zaidi.
The Mormons can't stand the scientologists and the jehovahs, and above all the practitioners of African traditional religion believe all these Abrahamic religions are bunkum.
If there really is a all powerful god why wouldn't he point mankind in the direction of the one true religion instead of this cacophony of confusion that currently exists.

2 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:33am On Mar 18, 2023
The following video is a long one. You need to have enough data to watch it to the end. Then you ponder: Why do things like this happen? Why would misguided people do this kind of thing to propagate their religious beliefs and finally if there is an Almighty omnipotent and omniscient creator,why would he/she allow this to happen to his creations??

If you want to watch the video click on the link below the picture below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hApRZ_7v2A
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2023
Dantedasz:
The following video is a long one. You need to have enough data to watch it to the end. Then you ponder: Why do things like this happen? Why would misguided people do this kind of thing to propagate their religious beliefs and finally if there is an Almighty omnipotent and omniscient creator,why would he/she allow this to happen to his creations??

If you want to watch the video click on the link below the picture below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hApRZ_7v2A

Still one of the saddest scariest things to watch realising that humans in the thrall of their own delusions did this to other humans.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:

Still one of the saddest scariest things to watch realising that humans in the thrall of their own delusions did this to other humans.

Quite Frankly,I have nothing against delusion of talking snakes or talking donkeys or having imaginary friends,but the delusion of fighting for your god to the extent of hijacking a passenger plane and the steering it into a concrete building is just plain insanity!

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2023
Dantedasz:

Quite Frankly,I have nothing against delusion of talking snakes or talking donkeys or having imaginary friends,but the delusion of fighting for your god to the extent of hijacking a passenger plane and the steering it into a concrete building is just plain insanity!

Yeah don't get me started on the bullshit of fighting for a universe creating god, that bullshit would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6t31R4tI10

It takes a certain kind of madness to do this kind of thing.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
Stop walking around with a mouth full of scriptures and a heart filled with hate.
Naa just advise I dey give you!🤩🤩

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
Religion is regional. It therefore follows that when a person is born he adopts the religion of the place where he/she is born, or in other words you adopt the religion of your parents /guardian whom you live with.
In most cases you are not given any choice, you are force fed religion. In other words you are indoctrinated from birth. This is the dictatorship of religion. So if you are born in Saudi Arabia it naturally follows that you become an Islamist /Muslim. If you are born in Italy it follows that you probably end up as a Christian.
In your household, if your parents are Jews you would most likely end up in Judaism. You are not consulted, you are just indoctrinated. From the home to the schools to the religious houses you are bombarded with religion on a daily. You are being brainwashed!
The shackles of religion are very tight and you are assaulted everyday with symbols of religion of all faiths.
When you want to fill any government forms you are asked what religion you belong to? In the courts you are expected to swear a religious oath. The symbols and cacaphony of religion stare back at you and assault your senses from every street corner.
The books and pamphlets of religions are all over the place to keep you permanently brain washed all your life. If you get married there is a big chance you have to do it in a religious house and when you finally die before being placed 6 feet in the ground a representative of religion performs the last rite.
The indoctrination is deep, such that if you attempt to break free from the chains of religion, you are viewed as an odd personality.
It is like being imprisoned by religious shackles. In fact in some climes, if you try to break free from your religious chains you could be KILLED! It is that deep.
In fact for some people the indoctrination is so deep that they don't even understand that religion has imprisoned them.
It takes a lot of effort to escape from religion but you can do it. This is why occasionally when I have spare time I write these little threads so that someone somewhere will read it and probably begin to think deeply and carefully.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? / Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam / Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.