Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. (84689 Views)

She Made Him Wait For 4 Years For Sex, But Slept With A New Guy In A Week! / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Monaco2(m): 5:23am On Aug 01, 2020
Favour2323:
Nairalanders, I'm about to do something my conscience doesn't agree with but it feels like the right decision to make. I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for the past 6 months. I love him. We were good friends before we started dating. I'm someone who doesn't trust easily and I like to assess a guy for a while before dating him. I assessed his intentions and I realised he didn't just want to have sex with me and leave. He loved me just as I loved him.

Three months ago I met this guy. At first I just saw him as a friend, but as I got to know him I started noticing the good qualities he possessed. He's very attractive, very intelligent and wellspoken. My conversations with him were so immersive. The little time I spent with him always left a profound impression on me. Soon I noticed I had started developing feelings for him. I was still in love with my boyfriend nevertheless.

One day the new guy asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did. The next day he called me and said that he didn't want to interfere with my relationship. He said he had feelings for me and he couldn't remain friends with me when he knows I have a boyfriend. I told him that I had feelings for him as well and that we could still remain friends but he refused and suggested that we stopped talking. He hasn't called or texted me since that day.

This situation has left me in an emotional turmoil. This new guy represents everything I want in a guy and as much as I don't want to admit it, he possesses better qualities than my boyfriend. I can't imagine a life where I can't talk to him anymore. I really like him. His decision has left me in a dicey position. It's unfair to leave my boyfriend who has always been nice to me for someone else, but the new guy doesn't want to have anything to do with me again as long as I'm in a relationship.

Please I need advice. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

As e never Bleep u so, ur blood no go rest na wen u don Bleep am u go realize say ur boyfriend na BAE
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by MightyHand(m): 5:24am On Aug 01, 2020
We always Admire new products:- Wears, Cars, phones, home, friends... But in relationship we need self discipline and course of commitment to whosoever we choose to be with.
Handsomness/Beauty/wealth/cares.. are unlimited in our society, with your character you will always get the NEW PRODUCT of afformetion at your door step..
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Monaco2(m): 5:25am On Aug 01, 2020
Favour2323:
Nairalanders, I'm about to do something my conscience doesn't agree with but it feels like the right decision to make. I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for the past 6 months. I love him. We were good friends before we started dating. I'm someone who doesn't trust easily and I like to assess a guy for a while before dating him. I assessed his intentions and I realised he didn't just want to have sex with me and leave. He loved me just as I loved him.

Three months ago I met this guy. At first I just saw him as a friend, but as I got to know him I started noticing the good qualities he possessed. He's very attractive, very intelligent and wellspoken. My conversations with him were so immersive. The little time I spent with him always left a profound impression on me. Soon I noticed I had started developing feelings for him. I was still in love with my boyfriend nevertheless.

One day the new guy asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did. The next day he called me and said that he didn't want to interfere with my relationship. He said he had feelings for me and he couldn't remain friends with me when he knows I have a boyfriend. I told him that I had feelings for him as well and that we could still remain friends but he refused and suggested that we stopped talking. He hasn't called or texted me since that day.

This situation has left me in an emotional turmoil. This new guy represents everything I want in a guy and as much as I don't want to admit it, he possesses better qualities than my boyfriend. I can't imagine a life where I can't talk to him anymore. I really like him. His decision has left me in a dicey position. It's unfair to leave my boyfriend who has always been nice to me for someone else, but the new guy doesn't want to have anything to do with me again as long as I'm in a relationship.

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by timisquare82(m): 5:27am On Aug 01, 2020
The beautiful ones are not yet born! Be decamping up and down like polithiefcians until you become a room owner in your papa house at 47
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by MightyHand(m): 5:36am On Aug 01, 2020

[s] I can't imagine a life where I can't talk to him. I really like him.[/s]

So weird, No sense here...

When He finally has his way done there nd RED CARDED you Ori é a pê...
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Obas101(m): 5:38am On Aug 01, 2020
Favour2323:

A wise man once said "if you say you love someone, you don't allow yourself to like someone else even if he has better qualities than your man. There will always be someone better than your current boyfriend."
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Hades2016(m): 5:40am On Aug 01, 2020
TimeTraveler369:
Should we tell her? grin
pls don’t grin grin
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by larryking540: 5:42am On Aug 01, 2020
donstan18:
If you are a Guy reading this, please pay attention.

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

You see those 4 parts I highlighted? They should be the reason why you should never expect much from GIRLFRIENDS, they are just hoes parading as Girlfriends.

The earlier you understand this the better for you. Thanks!!

hmmmm ,u nailed it all
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Yus2020: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2020
Many women are like this,do you mean the Guy does not see someone else who have better qualities than you it shows that you lack containment continue to unrated men because you control their destiny don't learn from others.
Miss Gold digger
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Oshiogwemoh(m): 5:47am On Aug 01, 2020
Favour2323:

Look! Kuku ma tell us the truth that the new guy get money pass ur guy.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by leveljames(m): 5:50am On Aug 01, 2020
my girlfriend we dated for years did exactly the same to me by leaving me for a guy she just met because i was not ready to marry her due to financial constraints. U can't trust woman.. pls dnt be in a haste to leave ur boyfriend who loves n care abt u to this guy u just met. He has succeeded by playing his perfected games on u, u re now looking n running after him.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by EmekaBlue(m): 5:57am On Aug 01, 2020
u haven't met me yet...u will run to me
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by joeyswift(m): 6:00am On Aug 01, 2020
Guy I don't know who you are buy mehn u are the real deal. Your bluntness is astonishing.
dukeprince50:
dont go and make up ur mind, be here doing DELAYtionship and decamping from one man to the other every three months till u turn 35,
U think relationship is build on qualities? In life u will always find someone more attractive than the one u are currently dating, wen that time comes, emotional maturity will help u, self control will come to ur rescue and commitment will keep u going, u think happily married couples dont see better qualities, Relationship should not be build on qualities but understanding that commitment is ur greatest arsenal, u can fall in love with anyone but building a relationship takes more than that, but u are just 16yrs, u wont understand
dicey dice u there, Rubbish
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 01, 2020
Never take MOST of these silly girls pretending to love you. They are prostitutes after money... If she is not your wife, don't destroy you future by testing them, even SOME wivies too are even worse.

Check the new guy well now, he is doing well and have car, because most these girls feel car is the standard of success, forgetting who no get car today go get better one tomorrow.

I pity meny men!!!

donstan18:

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

You see those 4 parts I highlighted? They should be the reason why you should never expect much from GIRLFRIENDS, they are just hoes parading as Girlfriends.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by MrFly(m): 6:06am On Aug 01, 2020
ur new boifrend is capitalising on ur weakness. He knws u loved him before he loved u. He is putting u under emotional stress and trauma so u can break. He knws exactly what he is doing, thats the qualities of a player. Bet me, u will cry me a river. Na them be that

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by oludaniels777: 6:08am On Aug 01, 2020
WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR BF FOR THE NEW GUY WITH BETTER QUALITIES, YOU DATE BETTER QUALITIES GUY FOR 6 MONTHS, THEN MEETS ANOTHER GUY WITH SUPERIOR QUALITIES, WILL YOU LEAVE BETTER QUALITIES FOR SUPERIOR QUALITIES ABI? MY PEOPLE USED TO SAY HE WHO CHASE AFTER 2 RATS WILL NOT CATCH ANY. I BET THAT THE GUY WITH BETTER QUALITIES WILL JUST USE YOU AND DUMP YOU.YOU SAID HE IS INTELLIGENT AND YOU THINK HE WILL NOT CONSIDER THE FACT THAT YOU EASILY DUMPED SOMEONE TO BE WITH HIM? DEY DECEIVE YOURSELF O. HE IS A PLAYER.HE HAS SEEN THAT YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR HIM.HE KNOWS YOU WILL STILL COME BACK TO HIM.HE WILL USE YOU AND DUMP YOU.GO WRITE IT DOWN.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Mcslize: 6:09am On Aug 01, 2020
Mawex:
Whatever is your problem don't carry it come NAIRALAND.

Anyways this tori sounds lyk my girlfriend, precious is that you grin grin grin

Your girlfriend? Is she banging another guy? Abeg sama us the full tori. What happened?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by DIKEnaWAR: 6:11am On Aug 01, 2020
gaius01:

well I understand your point let's talk this talk out of the basket. like you said no signs of abuse neither unfaithfulness. Do you know a girl could break up with you because of lack care, incompatibility, too boring and lots more. from what I can deduce her boyfriend ain't giving her the vibes the other was giving her can you imagine the qualities she listed. dam look at it again, and Las Las her boo is not cheating neither does he abuse her. when I was dating I never allow my chatting vibes to be low, I read alot of wide range so that when we start chatting men she won't have time texting those boys because I know if I don't occupy her with vibes others will

one problem with we Nigerians is that when our Bea is cheating, look at your self, take a deep scan through, ask your self, What makes that guy different from me not getting angry or shouting at her every body want a lively boo no one boring, faithful dude. learn new ways to be Romantic, learn her phycology so that you can inflict it for your sef. if she love your vibes trust me she woñt look out albeit you been faithful.

YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM. WORK ON IT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by sheyisky(m): 6:11am On Aug 01, 2020
You ate Politician Today Pdp tomorrow Apc. Why cant you girls be faithful for once. Tomorrow now uou will still meet another giy who will be more impressive that the guy you talking about now. What we all fails to know is that Marriage/ Relationship is all about commitment. Love can fade away at times. Smh for you
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
dont go and make up ur mind, be here doing DELAYtionship and decamping from one man to the other every three months till u turn 35,
U think relationship is build on physical qualities? In life u will always find someone more attractive than the one u are currently dating, wen that time comes, emotional maturity will help u, self control will come to ur rescue and commitment will keep u going, u think happily married couples dont see better qualities, Relationship should not be build on qualities but understanding that commitment is ur greatest arsenal, u can fall in love with anyone but building a relationship takes more than that, but u are just 16yrs, u wont understand
dicey dice u there, Rubbish
" till you turn 35"? Is a 35 years old ls person now useless, or are you saying a 35 years old cannot get a husband anymore?. Bros you no get sense forget the number of likes your comments have the people that liked it are just like you.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Chuukwudi(m): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2020
donstan18:

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

I wish I had your account number
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Excuses: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2020
lastchild:
Many guys are just childish in this nairaland, maybe they are still children, someone brought up an issue that needs an advice, all some of you could offer was insults, maybe you already felt you are the first guy she's about to dump or maybe someone once dumped you that way

@op
The truth is this, based on my own experience in life, don't ever pity anyone you are not indebted to when it comes to relationship, I do advice people to an extend I advice them to leave a marriage once they have tried to keep the love going but failed

Make sure the person you are dating or marrying is a second to none, make sure he's number 1, never had someone somewhere you are wishing you are together with especially when the person is feeling the same

Ur advice holds no water...no matter what u give a woman she'll answer her call when the time comes
Secondly, why would u tell two partners in marriage to leave each other is it not for better for worst or are u a marriage councillor. what God has put together let no man put asunder.

Lastly in life u must always meet better people,better than others u've met before, in ur words is to keep changing for the best..no body is the best..

The word best is relative..u can make any woman or man ur best,others will grow to love & wish for them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by larryking540: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2020
paul100:
You are a confused lady.There will always be a better guy.
The new guy is very wise.If you want to know why this new guy does not want to have anything with you is because he knows you act like a baby.
You see a better guy than your first boyfriend,you want him and if you see another guy with more potentials than this new guy,you want him too.Learn to be focused.
The guy have sense.He does not want to be a backup guy,a plan B or a side guy.He is a gentleman that why he does not want to be the cause of your break up with your boyfriend that have not offended or done anything wrong to you.
I pity another man you may marry in the future because when you meet someone better than your husband,you start comparing and maybe sleeping with the other man outside and that what HOES do.
Always remember,there is always a better guy.

see as u harsh for the babe ,
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Dynamite789: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2020
FluxEmpire:
I'd put things clear as apt as it is... If you say you love the second guy, then you never loved the first... You can't love two people at the same time; it's impossible.

If you wanna go for the second guy, then do so and stop using the first as leverage or collateral to keep whenever the new guy is unavailable.

Furthermore, you'd be doing more good than harm in leaving your first boyfriend because as it is, you clearly don't love him because love goes beyond what you just see physically. It's accepting one's shit and excesses and loving them for who they are.

Give your first boyfriend the respect he deserves by leaving him and stop loving him out of pity. You're only making him a lovelorn. If you actually knew that the new guy had all you needed in a man, courtesy states that you remain single till you get to meet such guy even if it takes 100 years but outta being lonely, you opted to date your first and now the man of your dreams appeared, the first seems to fade in your eyes...

YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

Give the first boyfriend the honor he deserves and let a woman who is worthy of him be with him. You can't eat your cake and have it. Next time, carry a TO-DO-LIST about your expectations with you henceforth because it seems if another guy should sweep you outta your feet better than the second, you might as well put the second in the corners.

I might have been rude but pardon my unfriendliness; the TRUTH hurts.

Best reply so far... you literal wrote my mind

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by dukeprince50: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2020
Vultron101:
" till you turn 35"? Is a 35 years old ls person now useless, or are you saying a 35 years old cannot get a husband anymore?. Bros you no get sense forget the number of likes your comments have the people that liked it are just like you.
I know u have sense, a woman is not as needed as she would be in her teens when she crosses the 30 mark, in as much as she can still be marketable, menopause will soon kick in and with few years, she will stop giving births, I have seen a woman of 48 getting married, what I am talking about is after 30yrs, she is less likely to find love but u are not intelligent enough to see beyond ur IQ level.
Let's talk about the likes for now since that is the apex of ur intelligence, I never knew I had up to 500likes on this post, those likes doesn't move me a bit, I have more than 11thousand likes which I never even cared to look at the post that was liked, not everyone is a likefreak like u, so if u have nothing sensible to say, could u just get lost? Thank u as u cooperate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by larryking540: 6:26am On Aug 01, 2020
omooba969:

She needs to follow her heart.

sometimes when u follow your heart , always use your brain too ,and who told u ,the op will not follow a better dude than this her admirer when the time is again ripe to hunt for new meat ?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by ABELKIDO(m): 6:31am On Aug 01, 2020
[quote author=Favour2323 post=92307338]Nairalanders, I'm about to do something my conscience doesn't agree with but it feels like the right decision to make. I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for the past 6 months. I love him. We were good friends before we started dating. I'm someone who doesn't trust easily and I like to assess a guy for a while before dating him. I assessed his intentions and I realised he didn't just want to have sex with me and leave. He loved me just as I loved him.

The second guy has seen the kind of girl you are that's why he backed out.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Fabdaniel(m): 6:33am On Aug 01, 2020
[b][/b]
Favour2323:

Favour2323:

Favour2323:

This is how you will keep Rolling, don't worry move with the new and as time goes on you will definitely see another one that posses another quality that you like. rubbish��
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Fuckgovt: 6:33am On Aug 01, 2020
Just sey na money u dey find joor.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by ABELKIDO(m): 6:33am On Aug 01, 2020
The second guy has seen the kind of girl you are that's why he backed out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by donMIG(m): 6:33am On Aug 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Are you new on this forum?

He's a guy. Everyone knows that. Don't let the pink "f" confuse you.

Not new here
I don't really have time to know who is who on thus platform
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2020
Girls like you can never be satisfied. Remember there is always someone with “better qualities” than the person you’re dating. If you keep looking, you will keep finding but this is where “loyalty” is supposed to come in in a relationship. But alas these hoe’s ain’t loyal truly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python / Ladies, Before You Hand Over Your Breast To Any Man.. Do This! (see Photo) / “Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.