Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,526 members, 7,865,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike (8567 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 14, 2011
jenifa just ignore him.

you're usually quite easygoing so dont spoil your record.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 2:42am On Feb 14, 2011
what happens when people "spoil their record"? lol
I personally am not a fool. until mods do something about him, I definitely will take matters into my hands because i've reported him several times before and I refuse to be followed around from topic to topic by an ailing monkey.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

what happens when people "spoil their record"? lol
I personally am not a fool. until mods do something about him, I definitely will take matters into my hands because i've reported him several times before and I refuse to be followed around from topic to topic by an ailing monkey.

once you go that route, it gets easier to be needled by people out to provoke you.

and trust me, they'll be many.

that's how nlers are.

then they'll tag you as this or that.

since you did not start that way, dont let them force you into that mold, because they'll badmouth you everywhere.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Feb 14, 2011
@Jenifa, can we please get back to the Topic instead?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I ask because we need not allow the same culprits keep wrecking threads can could potentially lead to saving of lives they may not care about.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Feb 14, 2011
kcjazz:

@Kobo

My answers are laid out in my previous posts
With the way things are, it all comes back to networks and associations. We need peeps like you to run Non-profits/association for kidney patients. If there are indeed thousands, thats a major number that can sway government policy and make things happen. Hopefully the kidney center would be up and running soon.

I still do not understand what you are getting at. My question was on the assumed GOODWILL FUND, and how ordinary people can access it, even associations. I will bet you that AGN is not the first or only association that has tried to get funding from the state. So again, can one get data on this fund, and how people/Associations access this Assumed Goodwill fund? Yes, there are probably thousands out there who are in equally dire need, and if you get me data, maybe we can reach some more.

Starting a Non-Profit does not make the problem much easier. One still would need to source finances. If this Lagos state Goodwill fund does exists, again, I ask for info on it, and how one can access it. It is the same thing here. To access funds, one would need information on where the funds are and the how of accessing said funds.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 2:54am On Feb 14, 2011
Quote from: Kobojunkie on February 11, 2011, 04:45 PM
Well my thing is so many promises have been made, and so many claims of implementation since the last election. We know it is election time again and many of the same will make the same set of promises this year again. I do not know how to get to those in charge from here, except picking up the phone to call or sending emails to addresses I find on government websites(99.9% of which are not replied). More times than not, phone numbers no dey work, and many of them do not have access to email or maybe do not care for them much.

What I am saying is what ways do you know that are effective so those of us out here can use that to get our voices heard. It will be a terrible shame, if after another year, you come on here posting pictures of people looking for money to LEAVE THE COUNTRY for care they could get in the country if only we tried harder to get our leaders to do what they ought to do for us.
Whatever works for you my dear. I do what i do cos i care enough i dont get paid for advocating for people to live my dear. If you feel strongly do SOMETHING that works. I do my bit not just complain and complain. I also complain dont get me wrong but complaining alone wont give anyone a new leasefof life. At leaset i know 6 people who are happy that i spent more time advocating or posting thier pictures and begging as you call it than complaining and arguing on Nairaland
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 2:57am On Feb 14, 2011
Well my thing is so many promises have been made, and so many claims of implementation since the last election. We know it is election time again and many of the same will make the same set of promises this year again. I do not know how to get to those in charge from here, except picking up the phone to call or sending emails to addresses I find on government websites(99.9% of which are not replied). More times than not, phone numbers no dey work, and many of them do not have access to email or maybe do not care for them much.

What I am saying is what ways do you know that are effective so those of us out here can use that to get our voices heard. It will be a terrible shame, if after another year, you come on here posting pictures of people looking for money to LEAVE THE COUNTRY for care they could get in the country if only we tried harder to get our leaders to do what they ought to do for us.
Whatever works for you my dear. I do what i do cos i care enough i dont get paid for advocating for people to live my dear. If you feel strongly do SOMETHING that works. I do my bit not just complain and complain. I also complain dont get me wrong but complaining alone wont give anyone a new leasefof life. At leaset i know 6 people who are happy that i spent more time advocating or posting thier pictures and begging as you call it than complaining and arguing on Nairaland

aisha2:

I have told you what works for me but you dont want to listen. Madam abeg leave me you hear, find someone else to follow on nairaland, na your job no be my own. Anyhow you want take am, abeg enjoy. Find your own way, you are so smart afterall you post an average of 15 / day that has to count for something abi?

Kobo, you are pathetic, even the mods hate you.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 2:58am On Feb 14, 2011
kcjazz:

@Kobo

With the way things are, it all comes back to networks and associations. We need peeps like you to run Non-profits/association for kidney patients. If there are indeed thousands, thats a major number that can sway government policy and make things happen. Hopefully the kidney center would be up and running soon.

I still do not understand what you are getting at. My question was on the assumed GOODWILL FUND, and how ordinary people can access it, even associations. I will bet you that AGN is not the first or only association that has tried to get funding from the state. So again, can one get data on this fund, and how people/Associations access this Assumed Goodwill fund? Yes, there are probably thousands out there who are in equally dire need, and if you get me data, maybe we can reach some more.

Starting a Non-Profit does not make the problem much easier. One still would need to source finances. If this Lagos state Goodwill fund does exists, again, I ask for info on it, and how one can access it. It is the same thing here. To access funds, one would need information on where the funds are and the how of accessing said funds.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 3:03am On Feb 14, 2011

Quote from: aisha2 on February 11, 2011, 04:57 PM
I have told you what works for me but you dont want to listen. Madam abeg leave me you hear, find someone else to follow on nairaland, na your job no be my own. Anyhow you want take am, abeg enjoy. Find your own way, you are so smart afterall you post an average of 15 / day that has to count for something abi?

Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 3:19am On Feb 14, 2011
alright guys. back to topic smiley

Kobojunkie:

@Jenifa, can we please get back to the Topic instead?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I ask because we need not allow the same culprits keep wrecking threads can could potentially lead to saving of lives they may not care about.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 3:20am On Feb 14, 2011
^^^^

Just stick to what you know, like peace corp and growing  Marijuana use in American suburbs, not things beyond your purview
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Feb 14, 2011
Thanks @Jenifa

kcjazz:

@Kobo

Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Feb 14, 2011
kcjazz:

@Kobo are you on Twitter?

There are some folks to follow on Twitter who are into this advocacy stuff especially for those abroad. The way things work is you will know who knows someone that know what to do cool

Just one way to reach out to them

Thank you for the suggestion. It is the YOU WILL KNOW WHO KNOWS stuff that I went chasing last year in the UK, only to come back as clueless as I was before I left. I spent years begging people for information, and everyone seemed to claim to know and mingle with those who matter but they never seem able to produce actual contacts or able to link you to those who matter, as they claim.

I went to the UK, called people I knew and I am still asking for the same things still . . . CONTACT INFORMATION (email, phone, address) of those who MATTER. Once one knows how to contact the people that MAKE THE DECISIONS, one is half way there.

I know how to contact my Senators and my Reps here. I know how to contact my Mayor or State Governor here. And when I send emails or make calls, I get responses. I can send in petitions, as I have addresses to work with. I can forward the same emails, phones, Addresses to other people and I am sure that if those people send emails or make calls or even send mail to the addresses, they will know that their information was received, even if response does not come immediately. We don't have that with our Government in Nigeria, and that is what many of us here need help with.  And that is what I am still asking today. If you know, do let me know.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by bkbabe97y(m): 3:48am On Feb 14, 2011
buzugee:

bkbabe is a prehistoric knuckle dragging butt scratching mouth breathing Australopithecus. that crotch sniffing cretin needs a beatdown. i will be happy to administer the beating

Hahahahahaha "BIG ENGLISH" speaking Ibo monkey!

Like, this is the best you could come up with?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 8:00am On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

well, that's why i'm asking you.

according to this topic, he paid 7million for Ifeanyi Dike.
but then you are telling me that what he did is ok because he also did it for 300 other people.
so the question is: did he pay 7 million for each and everyone of them? is lagos really that wealthy?

I value my life but I wouldn't think it to be fair for the masses to be forced to pay for my hospital bill through taxes without their consent.
I would rather do a charity fund raiser and appeal to citizens to donate voluntarily on my behalf.

if the state is paying for me, it has to be through a program that is available for EVERY one like me in the state. not just a select few. ex a program like medicare.

Ok, I'll attend to your questions with sound reasoning and judgment.

They are sending the patients to different countries based on their needs so obviously, it's not 7 million per patient and if you have any proof that it's 7 million per patient, let us see it or just quit following that line of thought. We want facts, not hearsay and assumptions.

Your argument about the state spending money without your consent sounds not only unreasonable, it's totally ridiculous and I'll tell you why.

1. One of the primary obligations of any government is to look after and save the lives of the people they are administering over. Human life is sacred and the government does not need your permission before saving the lives of fellow taxpayers.

2. The kidney folks pay taxes too and they are entitled to all government assistance.

3. As a kidney patient, you are free to ask the government not to save your life until they get consent from 18 million lagosians, but no responsible government sits on it's hands and do nothing to protect and save the lives of the citizenry.

4. Now, I don't have babies, I don't want babies, but the government is spending my money on maternity centers without my consent. Are you going to petition the government to stop building maternity centers too?

5. So you don't have kidney problems, but the government is spending taxpayers money to build a kidney center, are you saying the government must secure the consents of 18 million lagosians before building the center since they are going to be spending the money they are spending to send people abroad for treatment to take care of kidney patients at the center?

6. Is it also your contention that before admitting dying patient to the center, they must obtain consents from 18 million people before committing the state's resources in form of treatment to take care of your fellow lagosians in need?

7. As a governor, is it ok to say to a dying tax paying citizen that before I save your life, I have to seek permission from 18 million lagosians?

8. And here in the state, the government and other tax payers spends millions on other non tax paying or insurance having people everyday without your connects? Who do you think foot the bill when non insurance having folks crash emergency rooms? The ER is obligated by law to treat 1st and if at the end of the day the patient has no insurance, they pass it on to you without your so called consents. The government do a million and one things with your money without you consents. You really need to come up with sound and reasonable argument.

Now, answer the questions and you'll quickly find out how impractical, ridiculous and unreasonable your consent argument sounds?

I have no problem with reasonable criticisms, but I do have issues with absurd and unreasonable criticisms. Especially when the government is sending your money on a million and one things without your consents, but you are ready to go to battle to deny your fellow citizen another shot at life.

This is why I have no respect for some people on NL, questions and argument like yours makes it very difficult to take people seriously and accord them any kind of grace because they are never on the right side of reason, it's always negativity and criticism first just for the heck of it. If you want to join them, go ahead, just make sure you dig up your own facts if you don't want to end up looking like a fool.

If I didn't dig up those facts, they'll still be here spewing the same pointless and ignorant rubbish just because they can when deep down in their soul, it's nothing but nonsense.

I'm not dissing you, but I do hope and pray non of you is ever placed in any position to administer the lives of millions of people with your absurd reasoning and understanding of governance.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by texazzpete(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2011
@Eko Ile
See, was that so hard now? You actually managed to use some of your brains this time.
My comments

Eko Ile:

They are sending the patients to different countries based on their needs so obviously, it's not 7 million per patient and if you have any proof that it's 7 million per patient, let us see it or just quit following that line of thought. We want facts, not hearsay and assumptions.

The cost of kidney transplant can vary wildly from the ultra cheap in India to the crazy expensive. With no hard data, there's no harm in here making a reasonable assumption with the quoted figure as an average. her assumption is even very likely to be pessimistic because kidney transplant ops in India are the cheapest anywhere.
According to india4health.com, a kidney transplant op in India costs between $10,000 to $20,000 (inclusive of accomodation and air travel). This is even much less than the 7 million naira quoted.

You know why we can make these assumptions? Because there is little transparency from your paymasters. Please show us the website with the breakdown of the alleged 300 cases and the amount of taxpayers' money used.
You talk with derision about 'assumptions' whereas almost all your posts have contained the assumption that the state legislators are doing a very good job of checking and regulating the monies spent by the Governor. Where are the facts?

If we've established that India is the cheapest destination for Kidney transplant and the Lagos State Government allocated N7 million to it for one case, then Jenifa's assumption is even pessimistic!

I'm not even going to ask how $20,000 became 7 million naira o! Abi is that detail in the website too?  grin

Eko Ile:

1. One of the primary obligations of any government is to look after and save the lives of the people they are administering over. Human life is sacred and the government does not need your permission before saving the lives of fellow taxpayers.

So while the Lagos state doctors were on strike over perfectly reasonable demands, Fashola happily let the strike linger on for months. Is ignoring the suffering of hundreds of thousands of the masses part of 'looking after and saving the lives of the people he is administering over'?

You have attempted to sound intelligent and I modestly take credit for forcing you to stimulate your stunted grey cells. I appeal to you to come up with a logical argument. I will sift through your usually childish insults and reply to the ones that sound reasonably intelligent.

PS: You keep babbling about 'lies'. Where are the lies?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
fstranger3:

Please i do not hate her or anyone else on this forum. Dont use me to score a point. I am entitled like every forum member to differ in opinion, my position as a moderator is different from my person as a forum member, I am on this thread as a forum member and not a moderator
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
texazzpete:

@Eko Ile
See, was that so hard now? You actually managed to use some of your brains this time.
My comments

The cost of kidney transplant can vary wildly from the ultra cheap in India to the crazy expensive. With no hard data, there's no harm in here making a reasonable assumption with the quoted figure as an average. her assumption is even very likely to be pessimistic because kidney transplant ops in India are the cheapest anywhere.
According to india4health.com, a kidney transplant op in India costs between $10,000 to $20,000 (inclusive of accomodation and air travel). This is even much less than the 7 million naira quoted.

You know why we can make these assumptions? Because there is little transparency from your paymasters. Please show us the website with the breakdown of the alleged 300 cases and the amount of taxpayers' money used.
You talk with derision about 'assumptions' whereas almost all your posts have contained the assumption that the state legislators are doing a very good job of checking and regulating the monies spent by the Governor. Where are the facts?

If we've established that India is the cheapest destination for Kidney transplant and the Lagos State Government allocated N7 million to it for one case, then Jenifa's assumption is even pessimistic!

I'm not even going to ask how $20,000 became 7 million naira o! Abi is that detail in the website too?  grin

So while the Lagos state doctors were on strike over perfectly reasonable demands, Fashola happily let the strike linger on for months. Is ignoring the suffering of hundreds of thousands of the masses part of 'looking after and saving the lives of the people he is administering over'?

You have attempted to sound intelligent and I modestly take credit for forcing you to stimulate your stunted grey cells. I appeal to you to come up with a logical argument. I will sift through your usually childish insults and reply to the ones that sound reasonably intelligent.

PS: You keep babbling about 'lies'. Where are the lies?

You keep going on and on about strikes, is this unique to Lagos State or is there a place on the face of the earth where they don't have strikes?

I need you to read and answer the following question.

If as a state/governor, is it going to be your judgment that your dying kidney citizens should go ahead and die because the doctors are on strike and you need to pay attention to the money needs of the doctors first before spending money to save the lives of dying kidney patients?

Is this going to be your judgment?  This is a Yes or No question. See how irrational and unreasonable you sound?

1 million, 2 million, 7 million, 20 million, 1 billion? What difference does it make? This is really pointless and redundant. Like asked before, how much is your life worth?

And if for what ever reason you are in  need of any kind of life saving treatment, tell your government you don't want to be saved with tax payers funds, I'm sure they wont force you to live.

About the lies.>>>>

It was stated that Fashola is spending the state's money to send kidney patients abroad for treatment. The state is sending the kidney patients abroad, not Fashola. That was a lie.

It was stated that the Fashola is picking and choosing kidney patients to send abroad. That was a lie. The 300 and more kidney patients the state sent abroad are not all celebrities. 

It was stated that the state is not spending money to build a kidney treatment facility in Lagos. That was a lie, they are building one of the best kidney centers in the world.

I have no problem attending to reasonable, serious questions and posts, I just find it difficult to respect and take people seriously when they make unseasonable, irrational and bogus arguments just to satisfy their usual criticize my any means necessary routine.

Maybe they pay you to lie and peddle negative info about people, but my state don't have to pay me to dig up and post public records and highlight the truth. Google is free, they don't charge for it, just try it sometimes.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2011
aisha2:

Please i do not hate her or anyone else on this forum. Dont use me to score a point. I am entitled like every forum member to differ in opinion, my position as a moderator is different from my person as a forum member, I am on this thread as a forum member and not a moderator

Sorry, instead replace hate with love, and you get a different meaning

I was supposed to type Love,but in the heat of the moment, and with a hot cougar walking by, my right brain took over, hence the unforgivable error. Pardon my mistake. Correction well noted.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2011
fstranger3:

Sorry, instead replace hate with love, and you get a different meaning

I was supposed to type Love,but in the heat of the moment, and with a hot cougar walking by, my right brain took over, hence the unforgivable error. Pardon my mistake. Correction well noted.
LOL, in the spirit of valentine sha. Have a great day
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2011

Any fool will recognize that fashola didn't spend 7 million each on 300 people. You were the one trying to say fashola did the same for 300 people and I was just pointing out to you that Ifeanyi dike received a lot of extra favors from Fashola. Lagos can't afford to do the same for 300 people talkless of the thousands of kidney disease sufferers in the state.

The reason why fashola sponsored Dike (a high ranking official in nollywood) was because he wants to start using nollywood as a state tool for propaganda (I posted a link to support this assertion). I'm not saying anything is especially wrong with this. I'm just pointing it out.

2. The kidney folks pay taxes too and they are entitled to all government assistance.

3. As a kidney patient, you are free to ask the government not to save your life until they get consent from 18 million lagosians,  but no responsible government sits on it's hands and do nothing to protect and save the lives of the citizenry.

4. Now, I don't have babies, I don't want babies, but the government is spending my money on maternity centers without my consent. Are you going to petition the government to stop building maternity centers too?

what about the thousands of folks who also paid taxes but are not receiving government assistance?
thousands of people in more critical condition but no special privilege and access like Ifeanyi Dike, a high ranking nollywood official, has?

Government services shouldn't be a lottery draw. that is ridiculous. everyone should have access and benefit for what they are paying taxes for. it shouldn't be for a "lucky" few or fashola's friends.

maternity centers is open to ALL citizens. Anybody can go to give birth.
flying patients oversees for kidney treatment however is open to only a select few. how are these few chosen? what process did fashola use to choose them? lottery draw? because if it's by income, Ifeanyi Dike should be at the bottom of the list not at the #1 spot. Unless fashola is doing it for a special purpose (see my comment about him wanting to use nollywood as a state tool).

this is what i'm trying to understand but you are saying nothing illuminating about this.

7. As a governor, is it ok to say to a dying tax paying citizen that before I save your life, I have to seek permission from 18 million lagosians?

there are MANY MANY dying tax paying citizens in Lagos. 7 million can save many lives in ways that as many tax payers as possible become beneficiaries. rather than just one man using all the money to himself. this is very efficient way to go about it.
That's the thing about corruption. It is highly inefficient. But I guess that's how things work in Naija and many parts of the world and who knows how this will benefit Nigeria in the long run if nollywood does decide to start publicizing state health policies and agenda.

8. And here in the state, the government and other tax payers spends millions on other non tax paying or insurance having people everyday without your connects? Who do you think foot the bill when non insurance having folks crash emergency rooms? The ER is obligated by law to treat 1st and if at the end of the day the patient has no insurance, they pass it on to you without your so called consents. The government do a million and one things with your money without you consents. You really need to come up with sound and reasonable argument.

obviously you do not know what I mean by consent. I totally support state programs. those are done with consent.
what i'm talking about here is lobbying. look up the word if you don't understand it.
what state program does this "let's fly a couple of people abroad" fall under? did people fill out an application form to receive treatment? how were beneficiaries selected?
was the program open to all or a select few of people or organizations who personally lobbied Fashola etc how formal or informal was it etc.

Like I mentioned earlier, you may work for Fahsola and have information on all this, but you are definitely not explaining things well here and that's giving me all the more reason to be suspicious even though it may have been a proper procedure after-all.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2011

It was stated that the Fashola is picking and choosing kidney patients to send abroad. That was a lie. The 300 and more kidney patients the state sent abroad are not all celebrities.

so can you explain why he spent millions more on the celebrity?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

so can you explain why he spent millions more on the celebrity?

This is another irrational question. And you need to quit saying he because this is what the state is doing, not Fashola. This is a ministry of health program and Fashola is obviously not directly in charge of this program and I'm even 100% sure he's not cutting the checks. Let's start talking with common sense and a little knowledge about government.

Now>>>

What do you know about kidney disease?

Do you know the nature of his sickness? 

Do you know how much the kidney specialist billed the state and what kind of skills required for his kidney problems?

Do you know if it's Kidney failure, Chronic renal insufficiency, Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, Berger's disease end of life kidney disease?

And to arrived at the fact that they spent more money on him than the other 300 kidney patients, do you have any list detailing the amount they spent on each patient? Do you?

What do you really know that made you arrived at the fact that they are spending more money on him because he is a celebrity?

I posted the definition of ignorance before and according to the definition, you are ignorant because you make ignorant and ill informed statements without facts to back it up.

ig·no·rant
   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
–adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
uninformed; unaware.
due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement. 

I know you are bent on promoting your baseless and unfounded allegations, tru as much as possible to be rational and fact based, you baseless and faceless assumptions is not helping the discussion and if your intention is to discuss this issues with assumptions and ignorance, you are on your own.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2011
And you need to quit saying he because this is what the state is doing, not Fashola. This is a ministry of health program and Fashola is obviously not directly in charge of this program and I'm even 100% sure he's not cutting the checks. Let's start talking with common sense and a little knowledge about government.

read the topic title. what does it say? ministry of health or Gov. Fashola?
and besides, who is the boss of who?

I think you are starting to confuse yourself.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
Do you know how much the kidney specialist billed the state and what kind of skills required for his kidney problems?

Do you know if it's Kidney failure, Chronic renal insufficiency, Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, Berger's disease end of life kidney disease?

I am sure you are not trying to tell me Ifeanyi Dike's condition was more critical than any of the 300 persons or even in the rest of lagos state for that matter.
you can't fool anyone here.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:18pm On Feb 14, 2011

What do you really know that made you arrived at the fact that they are spending more money on him because he is a celebrity?

I posted it before and will re-post it again:

While commending Nollywood artistes who also participated in the Health Walk, for spreading positive messages in millions of homes through their films, Governor Fashola urged them to see it as an opportunity to work with the Ministry of Health to see the content of the kidney, hypertension and diabetes screening programme which the Government has committed to in the last three years.

He called on the Nollywood artistes to consider producing what he called a docu-drama that would help in strengthening the advocacy on the need to exercise regularly, moderation in the kind of food people eat, saying such a production in English, Yoruba, Hausa and Pidgin would go a long way in sensitizing the people.

While commending the NGO for the awareness rally, he challenged Nigerian artistes, including Prince Jide Kosoko, Antar Laniyan, Fathia Balogun and the popular comedian, Ali Baba, who participated in the rally, to write scripts on kidney transplant.

“A docudrama will go a long way in boosting the kidney awareness that there is need for exercise, moderation in size, moderation in the kind of food that people eat.

“Write the script in English, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and pidgin English. I assure you that as soon as we receive a script, the state government will provide the needed fund for the production of the film,” he said.

The group had earlier embarked on an endurance trek from Allen Junction, Ikeja, to the Governor’s Office, to sensitize the public on the danger associated with renal failure.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

read the topic title. what does it say? ministry of health or Gov. Fashola?
who is the boss of who?

I think you are starting to confuse yourself.

This is what people do on NL. Everything Lagos is titled Fashola, it is up to you to use your common sense and figure out facts and realities.

Are you saying because Fashola is not only the governor, he is the commissioner for health, deputy commissioner, assistant commissioner, accountant, clark, auditor and everything within the state government?

You really need to stop acting like you are still in elementary school.  How old are you for real?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

I posted the definition of ignorance before and according to the definition, you are ignorant because you make ignorant and ill informed statements without facts to back it up.

resorting to personal insults aren't we?
you sure are making yourself look really smart.

besides, where are your facts to support all the ridiculous statements you've made so far?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

I posted it before and will re-post it again:

While commending Nollywood artistes who also participated in the Health Walk, for spreading positive messages in millions of homes through their films, Governor Fashola urged them to see it as an opportunity to work with the Ministry of Health to see the content of the kidney, hypertension and diabetes screening programme which the Government has committed to in the last three years.

He called on the Nollywood artistes to consider producing what he called a docu-drama that would help in strengthening the advocacy on the need to exercise regularly, moderation in the kind of food people eat, saying such a production in English, Yoruba, Hausa and Pidgin would go a long way in sensitizing the people.

While commending the NGO for the awareness rally, he challenged Nigerian artistes, including Prince Jide Kosoko, Antar Laniyan, Fathia Balogun and the popular comedian, Ali Baba, who participated in the rally, to write scripts on kidney transplant.

“A docudrama will go a long way in boosting the kidney awareness that there is need for exercise, moderation in size, moderation in the kind of food that people eat.

“Write the script in English, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and pidgin English. I assure you that as soon as we receive a script, the state government will provide the needed fund for the production of the film,” he said.

The group had earlier embarked on an endurance trek from Allen Junction, Ikeja, to the Governor’s Office, to sensitize the public on the danger associated with renal failure.

I know you are not telling me the state spent 7 million on this guy because Nollywood folks participated in some health work. Are you really?

Again, do you know how much they spent on the each of the 300 kidney patients? Please answer this question?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

resorting to personal insults aren't we?
you sure are making yourself look really smart.

besides, where are your facts to support all the ridiculous statements you've made so far?

I'm not insulting you. You are making ill informed statements because you don't have any facts or knowledge to back up every single thing you are typing, you are all about assumptions and ignorance.

What ridiculous statements have I made? I don't run my mouth about what I know nothing about.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:26pm On Feb 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is what people do on NL. Everything Lagos is titled Fashola, it is up to you to use your common sense and figure out facts and realities.

Are you saying because Fashola is not only the governor, he is the commissioner for health, deputy commissioner, assistant commissioner, accountant, clark, auditor and everything within the state government?

You really need to stop acting like you are still in elementary school.  How old are you for real?

lol. see how you contradict yourself. If you read the news sources, you will see that Fashola financed the treatment. maybe he did it through the ministry of health, I don't know. but HE did it.
You are the one who need to use your common sense and figure out facts and realities here.

besides he is the boss of all the ministers. which is why we credit him for the public transit system rather than commissioner for works etc.

unless you are accusing the OP of providing false information.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

I know you are not telling me the state spent 7 million on this guy because Nollywood folks participated in some health work. Are you really?

Again, do you know how much they spent on the each of the 300 kidney patients? Please answer this question?

Here is more news to support my assertion:

---
This is definitely cheering news, especially to movie buffs, colleagues and friends of Prince Ifeanyi Dike, the consummate actor, TV presenter and current chairman, Board of Trustees of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), who has been down with a kidney failure.

Information reaching us has it that the amiable and hardworking governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), has agreed to lend a helping hand to Dike's through some financial lifeline.

Divulging the good news to us recently was Segun Arinze, the current national president, AGN, who is equally spearheading a fund raising team for Dike. He disclosed that Fashola promised to assist Dike during an SOS call with some members to his Alausa, Ikeja, office.

Arinze, on behalf of AGN, equally thanked the governor for assisting to raise part of the N10 million needed for the kidney transplant. Aside Fashola's assistance, Arinze and his team recently embarked on a fund raising drive, starting from their members and some well-meaning Nigerians. And the result, according to him, had been fruitful and encouraging.

“I'm using this medium to call on other kindhearted Nigerians to donate generously towards saving the life of Dike, who has done so much for the growth of Nollywood and African entertainment. Our aim is to raise the N10 million on time, so that he can go for the transplant before more damage is done to his body, we are very optimistic that more Nigerians will come to our aid over this unfortunate issue.

We thank and are very grateful to governor Fashola for leading by example.”
In a related development, foremost filmmaker and creator of Nite of a Thousand Laughs, Opa Williams, who was touched by Dike's ailment, said he would be organizing a fund raising walk for him soon. He stated that the aim of the celebrity walk for Dike would be to raise funds and create awareness that would help sustain the fight against kidney failures in the society. “Sincerely, nothing is too big for us to do to help save the life of Ifeanyi Dike now.

All hands must be on deck to help him stay alive by raising the needed funds for his transplant, because it could happen to anybody. Dike is one of our own and he must not be left alone to carry this heavy cross. We will soon make public the date for this walk.”

In the moving words of the Arondizuogu, Imo State-born presenter of defunct Igbo Kwenu and several others on TV, the ailment, which was diagnosed last year, was seriously affecting his physique, finance and psyche. Meanwhile, several of his colleagues and well wishers that spoke with us, said they had already started praying and fasting for a successful transplant, so that Dike can bounce back to his work in no distant time.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvmovie/45031/3/fashola-nollywood-others-rally-round-ifeanyi-dike.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Amaechi Disobeys Order to Receive President Jonathan at PH (PHOTOS) / FG Releases N1.6bn For States Ravaged By Flood / SANs To Meet Over CJN Onnogden, NBA President’s Trial Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.