Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,489 members, 7,865,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike (8565 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by texazzpete(m): 7:49am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Only a mad and insane fool equates saving lives with corruption.

Your comments are not only unfortunate, they are irrational and irresponsible, even utterly st/upid and r/etarded.

She's talking about transparency, you dolt! Even if the people are not consulted at every step, the Lagos taxpayer deserves to know where his money goes to and how efficiently it's being used. Or if it's being stolen.

As it stands, the 300 people claim is just from Fashola. A cynical fellow would ask you if there's anything to corroborate this. Afterall, we've had Governors who claimed to have imported 1000 cows, only to see only 300 on ground. We had an Ekiti governor set up a chicken farm with no chickens. See why transparency is good?

As for your 'lies' claim, i will not take blame for your stupidity. You threw down the gauntlet, asking us all to google the term 'Fashola kidney'. the first 30 results on Bing and Google do not carry anything else about any other non-celebrity patient. Am i to start doing your research for you?

You say strikes occur everywhere. But i'm talking about strikes from members of one of the most critical professions in Nigeria! We all agree Lagos is overpopulated. Do you know the effect the strike action had on the suffering masses? And the strike was for extremely reasonable demands that 11 other states in Nigeria had already agreed to, including poor Ekiti State! Even the NMA Lagos says that if CONMESS is adopted for the state government, a Resident Doctor will now take home around 120,000 naira a month.
So what it effectively means that your beloved paymaster does not think an overworked Resident Doctor should take home 120k a month even after putting in 7 years of intense study in a University! So much for 'protecting the lives of his citizens'.

I am not impressed with your defence at all. Your masters should have hired someone more intelligent to argue their case, not an uncouth, ill-mannered rabble rouser such as yourself.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2011
texazzpete:

She's talking about transparency, you dolt! Even if the people are not consulted at every step, the Lagos taxpayer deserves to know where his money goes to and how efficiently it's being used. Or if it's being stolen.

As it stands, the 300 people claim is just from Fashola. A cynical fellow would ask you if there's anything to corroborate this. Afterall, we've had Governors who claimed to have imported 1000 cows, only to see only 300 on ground. We had an Ekiti governor set up a chicken farm with no chickens. See why transparency is good?

As for your 'lies' claim, i will not take blame for your stupidity. You threw down the gauntlet, asking us all to google the term 'Fashola kidney'. the first 30 results on Bing and Google do not carry anything else about any other non-celebrity patient. Am i to start doing your research for you?

You say strikes occur everywhere. But i'm talking about strikes from members of one of the most critical professions in Nigeria! We all agree Lagos is overpopulated. Do you know the effect the strike action had on the suffering masses? And the strike was for extremely reasonable demands that 11 other states in Nigeria had already agreed to, including poor Ekiti State! Even the NMA Lagos says that if CONMESS is adopted for the state government, a Resident Doctor will now take home around 120,000 naira a month.
So what it effectively means that your beloved paymaster does not think an overworked Resident Doctor should take home 120k a month even after putting in 7 years of intense study in a University! So much for 'protecting the lives of his citizens'.

I am not impressed with your defence at all. Your masters should have hired someone more intelligent to argue their case, not an uncouth, ill-mannered rabble rouser such as yourself.

When are you going to stop with your lies? This is really shameful. Feel free to count on me to always call you out and keep exposing your lies. The fact is,  it's very easy to do because these are free public records that lazy people like you are too incompetent to dig up.

Lagos Has Fulfilled Its Promise Of New Salary Package To Doctors Before They Embarked On Another Strike – Fashola
…Renders impressive scorecard at CAN Interdenominational Service 2011

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2011/02/12/20110212N01.html

Feb 12, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Saturday said the State Government fulfilled its part of the agreement to pay the new negotiated wage regime to medical doctors in the State before they went on another strike and renewed his appeal to them to have a rethink because this is a time to show restraint.

Governor Fashola who spoke at the 2011 Annual Interdenominational Divine Service organized by the Lagos State Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria held at the Apostolic Church International Convention Grounds, Ketu explained that the State fulfilled its part of the bargain to ensure that immediately the budget was signed, the payment would commence.

He noted that this was done by convening an Extra-Ordinary Executive Council meeting on February 3rd following the signing of the budget on January 31st to approve the memo for the new wages and allowances, but surprisingly the next day a strike was started.

"Presently my salary in a month is N883,338.00 while a member of the State Executive Council earns a little over N500,000 monthly. The reality of the new wage we are offering is that the most junior doctor moves from N110, 000 per month to N170,000 while the senior doctors moved from about 360,000 to over 700,000 per month", he added.

The Governor reminded the doctors that unlike the Federal Government which they want the State to replicate its salary figures, the State Government also provides cars, houses and free healthcare to its doctors which is not done at the federal level.

He underscored the need for the doctors to show restraint, tolerance and forbearance as not everybody gets what he wants.

Governor Fashola explained that it would not be possible for Government to spend all that it earns on payment of salaries because there are roads to be built, drainages to be cleared and security to be maintained.

He reiterated that every patrol vehicle deployed in the quest to maintain security consumes fuel and diesel which must be funded and that it is also the preoccupation of the Government to clear refuse and provide water.

The Lagos State helmsman said with the new salary package for all categories of public servants the State wage bill has moved from about N52 Billion annually to over N72Billion, stressing that if the economy improves the present Government has shown that it can indeed respond to such.

The Governor affirmed that the present administration in Lagos State has made the State safer than it met it as it has improved its public transportation as well as its security. "We are also improving its economy as more people have got jobs through repairs, development, renovations and constructions going on at various sites across the State".

Again, you lied, junior doctors moved from 110,000 to 170,000 while the senior doctors moved from 360,000 to over 700,000 per month.

Many of these doctors collects more money than the state cabinet members.

And unlike the Federal Government which you are trying to replicate its salary figures, the State Government also provides free cars, houses and free healthcare to its doctors which is not done at the federal level.

Obviously, the state is paying way way more if you factor in the additional benefits that they have to pay for under the federal pay system.

Again, you keep running your mouth about some strike you know nothing about, I wonder why it's so difficult for some of you to educate yourselves and wash ignorance off your body before commenting on what's obviously above your heads.

Ignorance is really a disease.

And the rest of your post is the usual trash and rubbish, so I'll gladly sidestep and  ignore.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 8:27am On Feb 15, 2011
texazzpete:

I totally agree.

even if he were the mouth-piece of the fashola government here on nairaland, shouldn't his masters have taught him in the art of diplomacy?
he's throwing insults left and right rather than making a case for himself.

no body is saying Fashola isn't doing a good job. The man is trying. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't object to a questionable action as this one. and Eko-Ile did not at all present us with any coherent argument to sway our opinion at all.

Many of these doctors collects more money that the state cabinet members.

except the state cabinet members make 10fold more from all the egunje and bribes they collect as favor.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 8:33am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

except the state cabinet members make 10fold more from all the egunje and bribes they collect as favor.

And how much are they paying you to lie and make re/tarded statements?

I know you're not known for making sense, but kindly show us any proof at your disposal to assert that they are making 10 x more via egunje and if not, shut your mouth and quit talking rubbish.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

I totally agree.

even if he were the mouth-piece of the fashola government here on nairaland, shouldn't his masters have taught him in the art of diplomacy?
he's throwing insults left and right rather than making a case for himself.

no body is saying Fashola isn't doing a good job. The man is trying. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't object to[b] a questionable action as this one.[/b] and Eko-Ile did not at all present us with any coherent argument to sway our opinion at all.

Thisis nothing but sheer sarcasm.you just want to be in opposition to what he did and stop trying to berate him for helping a dying man.
Even if fashola had spent the money from government coffers,are you telling me that there is no provision for emergency fund to cover that aspect or what ? There are proper way to ask for accountability that won't jeopardize the purpose of an act.He just saved another man's life and that is the most important to me.people like you would still be the ones to complain if the governor did not intervene or the man dies.na wa o
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:06am On Feb 15, 2011
I still don't get the insane and thoughtless argument. How is saving a man's life a corrupt act? Where is the connection?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Thisis nothing but sheer sarcasm.you just want to be in opposition to what he did and stop trying to berate him for helping a dying man.
Even if fashola had spent the money from government coffers,are you telling me that there is no provision for emergency fund to cover that aspect or what ? There are proper way to ask for accountability that won't jeopardize the purpose of an act.He just saved another man's life and that is the most important to me.people like you would still be the ones to complain if the governor did not intervene or the man dies.na wa o

Well, i'm sorry if you do not see anything out of place in what he did.
I live in the US maybe that's why. Emergency funds are used for things like local disasters etc not for flying a hollywood star out of the country for medical treatment. Philantrophic organizations will usually take care of that. and if they lobbied people in government, they don't do it blatantly under state authority. the politicians will help out as private donors not under the name of the state.
the state is not a charity organization

different societies, different rule of law I guess. I've just been conditioned to expect our rulers to act on behalf of society rather than a a select few.

eko-ile,
no comment for you hence forth. and I implore you to return the favor.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by texazzpete(m): 9:08am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

When are you going to stop with your lies? This is really shameful. Feel free to count on me to always call you out and keep exposing your lies. The fact is,  it's very easy to do because these are free public records that lazy people like you are too incompetent to dig up.

Lagos Has Fulfilled Its Promise Of New Salary Package To Doctors Before They Embarked On Another Strike – Fashola
…Renders impressive scorecard at CAN Interdenominational Service 2011

Again, you lied, junior doctors moved from 110,000 to 170,000 while the senior doctors moved from 360,000 to over 700,000 per month.

Many of these doctors collects more money that the state cabinet members.

And unlike the Federal Government which you are trying to replicate its salary figures, the State Government also provides free cars, houses and free healthcare to its doctors which is not done at the federal level.

Obviously, the state is paying way way more if you factor in the additional benefits that they have to pay for under the federal pay system.

Again, you keep running your mouth about some strike you know nothing about, I wonder why it's so difficult for some of you to educate yourselves and wash ignorance off your body before commenting on what's obviously above your heads.

Ignorance is really a disease.

And the rest of your post is the usual trash and rubbish, so I'll gladly sidestep and  ignore.

You see why it is not good to skim through school? You see why i always contend that you're of limited value to your employers thanks to your low IQ? I mentioned 'TAKE HOME SALARY' and your paymaster is just dividing the annual salary before tax and coming to paint a false picture to the public.
See the statement attributed to the head of the Nigerian  Association of Resident Doctors, (NARD), Lagos Chapter

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/goodhealth/2010/nov/09/goodhealth-09-11-2010-01.htm

Commenting on the sympathy strike, President, National Association of Resident Doctors, Dr. Lanre Ekujumi said it is just the appropriate step to take. “The earlier the Lagos state CONMESS issue is resolved, the better for all. If you come to LUTH, the over-flow of patient is overwhelming and some of these patients are dying.

Chairman, Nigerian Medical Association, Lagos State Chapter, Dr. Temisan Olusoji threw more light on the issue when he said that the Lagos doctors strike is over stretching Federal hospitals in the state, adding that the doctors in Lagos state have been on strike for 11 weeks.

“Because of the strike, federal government health facilities in Lagos are breaking down because of pressure. Four federal government hospitals cannot cater for the number of patients that 26 Lagos state owned hospitals and 1 maternity home that Lagos state have caters for. Lagos has about 17 million people living in it.”

“Patients are already suffering from Lagos state employed doctors going on strike. Lagos state government has been pretending that they don’t know the stress patients are suffering seeking medical attention just in four federal hospitals.

“[b]Several times we have contacted the Lagos State Government and no action has been taken. We have been reaching out to them through the Medical Guild and directly and nothing has happened.
The doctors are of the opinion that the response of the Lagos state government to the issue of implementing CONMESS had been unpleasant and lacking in goodwill and reciprocity. They believe government could avert unnecessary industrial action if it so will[/b]s.

Dr. Ekujumi said Lagos state is the only state where nothing has been put on paper as regards its commitment to implement the CONMESS. “They just want to force doctors to return to work without meeting their demands. Many Northern States have started paying CONMESS. Ekiti is supposed to start this month. Delta has offered to pay 70 per cent CONMESS and promised that by next year they will do more. The revenue drive of Lagos state is ten times bigger than that of these states.
“If you want to offer free healthcare, than fund it, if you cannot, increase the fees. Don’t do free healthcare system at the expense of doctors.

If CONMESS is implemented, according to Dr. Ekujumi, a resident doctor will go home at the end of the month with about N187,00, by the time they remove tax and bills, it comes to about N100,000.
A fulltime consultant takes over N400,000, but of they are teaching and are also consultants, they take less than that.

“In all the states, it is only in Lagos state that everything about CONMESS has been confrontational, Ekujumi continued, “the first step they took was to take doctors to court. If northern states, Ekiti, Ondo can pay CONMESS, Lagos can, because the revenue drive of Lagos is ten times bigger than that of these states.

I don't know about you, but i'd rather believe the Resident Doctor leadership than the word of a typical politician. Why should we trust and believe Fashola? The striking doctors did when they called off their strike late last year. They went back on strike a few weeks back when the State Government FAILED to implement their agreement.

The man earning the money says that even when CONMESS is fully implemented, after taxes and bills they will average around 100,000 net. I even assumed 120,000 and you're disputing with me. slowpoke.

Fashola's statement is laughable at best. What is he trying to say, that in CONMESS, doctors will earn too much. Why was this 'obscene salary' not an issue with Ekiti and Ondo State? Why is in not an issue in many Northern States? Why is it only in Lagos that it suddenly becomes a greedy demand? Please answer the question ASAP.

As to his statements that all state doctors get houses and cars, i must make time out to laugh. Politicians! My friends in Lagos who work as doctors for the state are busy saving up to buy Nigerian used 1998 Camry on their meager salaries and this man is telling the whole world that he has given the doctors cars. Even your messiah Fashola is not immune to such lofty and grandiose claims.

I feel sorry for Lagos State doctors. They played a major role in getting the Federal Government to agree to the CONMESS salary structure, only to be cut off at the knees by their 'working governor'. They work harder than most of their counterparts in any other state in Nigeria and they are severely under-appreciated even while living in one of the most expensive states in Nigeria. Instead of their Governor to do the right thing he is going on the pages of newspapers to undermine them, to try to turn public opinion against them.

It's bad enough when a smart fellow like Fashola does it. It's bound to be more painful when a buffoon like this Eko-Ile (aka babapupa) starts trying to spread FUD. Smh.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by texazzpete(m): 9:16am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Many of these doctors collects more money than the state cabinet members.

Oya now, since you keep asking people to 'research', go and ask the proportion of consultants to regular doctors and see if the word 'many' is apt.
Also go and ask any consultant you know on the path to become one.

This stinks of the same tactic the Federal Government used to kill our Universities. They go around bandying the salaries of Professors without mentioning that it takes years and years to become a Prof. Or even the salient fact that less than 10% of Nigerian lecturers are Professors. As a result the world forgot that entry level lecturers were taking home less than half of what their mates in banks were earning.
The result? Even first class students were heading to Zenith bank instead of lecturing. And we may yet see a similar scenario in Lagos where the brilliant doctors emigrate to greener pastures.

Since you're paid well enough for your cyber thuggery and sycophancy, you can afford to go to private clinics. I'm more concerned with the masses in Lagos who cannot.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2011
texazzpete:

You see why it is not good to skim through school? You see why i always contend that you're of limited value to your employers thanks to your low IQ? I mentioned 'TAKE HOME SALARY' and your paymaster is just dividing the annual salary before tax and coming to paint a false picture to the public.
See the statement attributed to the head of the Nigerian  Association of Resident Doctors, (NARD), Lagos Chapter

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/goodhealth/2010/nov/09/goodhealth-09-11-2010-01.htm

Commenting on the sympathy strike, President, National Association of Resident Doctors, Dr. Lanre Ekujumi said it is just the appropriate step to take. “The earlier the Lagos state CONMESS issue is resolved, the better for all. If you come to LUTH, the over-flow of patient is overwhelming and some of these patients are dying.

Chairman, Nigerian Medical Association, Lagos State Chapter, Dr. Temisan Olusoji threw more light on the issue when he said that the Lagos doctors strike is over stretching Federal hospitals in the state, adding that the doctors in Lagos state have been on strike for 11 weeks.

“Because of the strike, federal government health facilities in Lagos are breaking down because of pressure. Four federal government hospitals cannot cater for the number of patients that 26 Lagos state owned hospitals and 1 maternity home that Lagos state have caters for. Lagos has about 17 million people living in it.”

“Patients are already suffering from Lagos state employed doctors going on strike. Lagos state government has been pretending that they don’t know the stress patients are suffering seeking medical attention just in four federal hospitals.

“[b]Several times we have contacted the Lagos State Government and no action has been taken. We have been reaching out to them through the Medical Guild and directly and nothing has happened.
The doctors are of the opinion that the response of the Lagos state government to the issue of implementing CONMESS had been unpleasant and lacking in goodwill and reciprocity. They believe government could avert unnecessary industrial action if it so will[/b]s.

Dr. Ekujumi said Lagos state is the only state where nothing has been put on paper as regards its commitment to implement the CONMESS. “They just want to force doctors to return to work without meeting their demands. Many Northern States have started paying CONMESS. Ekiti is supposed to start this month. Delta has offered to pay 70 per cent CONMESS and promised that by next year they will do more. The revenue drive of Lagos state is ten times bigger than that of these states.
“If you want to offer free healthcare, than fund it, if you cannot, increase the fees. Don’t do free healthcare system at the expense of doctors.

If CONMESS is implemented, according to Dr. Ekujumi, a resident doctor will go home at the end of the month with about N187,00, by the time they remove tax and bills, it comes to about N100,000.
A fulltime consultant takes over N400,000, but of they are teaching and are also consultants, they take less than that.

“In all the states, it is only in Lagos state that everything about CONMESS has been confrontational, Ekujumi continued, “the first step they took was to take doctors to court. If northern states, Ekiti, Ondo can pay CONMESS, Lagos can, because the revenue drive of Lagos is ten times bigger than that of these states.

I don't know about you, but i'd rather believe the Resident Doctor leadership than the word of a typical politician. Why should we trust and believe Fashola? The striking doctors did when they called off their strike late last year. They went back on strike a few weeks back when the State Government FAILED to implement their agreement.

The man earning the money says that even when CONMESS is fully implemented, after taxes and bills they will average around 100,000 net. I even assumed 120,000 and you're disputing with me. not-so-smart person.

Fashola's statement is laughable at best. What is he trying to say, that in CONMESS, doctors will earn too much. Why was this 'obscene salary' not an issue with Ekiti and Ondo State? Why is in not an issue in many Northern States? Why is it only in Lagos that it suddenly becomes a greedy demand? Please answer the question ASAP.

As to his statements that all state doctors get houses and cars, i must make time out to laugh. Politicians! My friends in Lagos who work as doctors for the state are busy saving up to buy Nigerian used 1998 Camry on their meager salaries and this man is telling the whole world that he has given the doctors cars. Even your messiah Fashola is not immune to such lofty and grandiose claims.

I feel sorry for Lagos State doctors. They played a major role in getting the Federal Government to agree to the CONMESS salary structure, only to be cut off at the knees by their 'working governor'. They work harder than most of their counterparts in any other state in Nigeria and they are severely under-appreciated even while living in one of the most expensive states in Nigeria. Instead of their Governor to do the right thing he is going on the pages of newspapers to undermine them, to try to turn public opinion against them.

It's bad enough when a smart fellow like Fashola does it. It's bound to be more painful when a buffoon like this Eko-Ile (aka babapupa) starts trying to spread FUD. Smh.

Why are you bothering me with this rubbish?

Your worthless fish wrap was dated November 09, 2010, but an agreement was reached and the new wages and allowance was approved and factored into the state budget in in February 2011.

"

[b]He noted that this was done by convening an Extra-Ordinary Executive Council meeting on February 3rd following the signing of the budget on January 31st to approve the memo for the new wages and allowances, but surprisingly the next day a strike was started.

Presently my salary in a month is N883,338.00 while a member of the State Executive Council earns a little over N500,000 monthly. The reality of the new wage we are offering is that the most junior doctor moves from N110, 000 per month to N170,000 while the senior doctors moved from about 360,000 to over 700,000 per month", he added.

The Governor reminded the doctors that unlike the Federal Government which they want the State to replicate its salary figures, the State Government also provides cars, houses and free healthcare to its doctors which is not done at the federal level.

[/b]

Please  kindly shove your lies and irrelevant gist back where you pulled it from,

I keep telling you, you can not win with lies, the truth will always prevail.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2011
Why I'm I even paying attention to this nonsense? What's this got to do with saving lives?

Are you saying till the state pay the doctors what ever amount they are demanding, the state should just ignore kidney patients and let them die?

Say yes and I'll leave you alone with your insane rubbish,

What's you point really?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

[s]Well, i'm sorry if you do not see anything out of place in what he did.
[/s]
I live in the US maybe that's why. Emergency funds are used for things like local disasters etc not for flying a hollywood star out of the country for medical treatment. Philantrophic organizations will usually take care of that. and if they lobbied people in government, they don't do it blatantly under state authority. the politicians will help out as private donors not under the name of the state.

different societies, different rule of law I guess. I've just been conditioned to expect our rulers to act on behalf of society rather than a a select few.

eko-ile,

From the expression above it shows you don't know about Nigeria.
^^We don't have philantropic organizations but philantropic individuals.
^^If fashola had paid for the money as a private citizen,it would not have made any difference and as per being sorry for me,maybe you should be sorry for yourself cuz I don't think I was raised the way you were not to value another man 's life.
How many philantropic organizations have come out so far to contribute to this guy's case ? I see nothing wrong in svaing another man's life with taxpayers' money.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:33am On Feb 15, 2011
texazzpete:
I'm more concerned with the masses in Lagos who cannot.

exactly.
7 million can save more than 1 person's life.hundreds are dying everyday in lagos that even common 100k could save a person's life. count how many lives 7 million could save.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:41am On Feb 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

From the expression above it shows you don't know about Nigeria.
^^We don't have philantropic organizations but philantropic individuals.
^^If fashola had paid for the money as a private citizen,it would not have made any difference and as per being sorry for me,maybe you should be sorry for yourself cuz I don't think I was raised the way you were not to value another man 's life.
How many philantropic organizations have come out so far to contribute to this guy's case ? I see nothing wrong in svaing another man's life with taxpayers' money.

I definitely value lives. In fact, I value lives so much that I wouldn't spend 7 million on one life when I could use the same amount to save 200 peoples lives. if i were a state governor looking out for the best of the whole state that is.

I never said nigeria had philantrophic organizations. I was using US example. but i'm glad you agree that Nigeria has philanthropic individuals
if you have been following this news, you will find out that Dike did have a charity event organized for him. The whole African Movie association (or whatever organization he belongs in) were doing a charity event for him.what is that if not philanthropy.
they claimed they didn't raise enough which is why they went to appeal to the state to raise the rest.

my issue with this is that the state government shouldn't be dishing out millions to individuals like that without any protocol in place. I expected this guy here to at least explain to us what protocol fashola used for diverting state funds to help dike but instead lipsrsealed

ex. if I developed kidney failure tomorrow and went to fashola for help and 50 other citizens did the same, what protocol will fashola use to decide which one of us to help? because i'm sure he can't afford to treat all of us.
see the point i'm making? see how this is a very easy way for a government to quickly become corrupt?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

Well, i'm sorry if you do not see anything out of place in what he did.

eko-ile,

Keep quiet and stop tripping all over your own rubbish.

What the Governor and the other contributors did was a Philanthropic act.

Or do you have a special list of special Philanthropic people minus the Governor and the other donors?

Is it by force not to use your brain?

I've asked you to tell me how much your life is worth?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

exactly.
7 million can save more than 1 person's life.hundreds are dying everyday in lagos that even common 100k could save a person's life. count how many lives 7 million could save.

useless arguement and invalid deduction.Ojukwu has been flown abroad since last year and is being treated on behalf of the Anambra state government.did anyone of you hypocrites complained about anambra people dying ?
Now,fashola helped an ibo man and you are jumping up and down crying taxpayers' money.7 million compared to what obi had spent so far on ojukwu is nothing.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:48am On Feb 15, 2011
@bluetooth, I definitely don't know what to say now because obviously this has degenerated into a tribalist argument.
maybe ojukwu was flown abroad under veteran benefits? he was a war hero wasn't he?

@eko-ile,
you can't ignore my post for the life of you. can you?
because I certainly am ignoring yours.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

I definitely value lives. In fact, I value lives so much that I wouldn't spend 7 million on one life when I could use the same amount to save 200 peoples lives. if i were a state governor looking out for the best of the whole state that is.

I never said nigeria had philantrophic organizations. I was using US example. but i'm glad you agree that Nigeria has philanthropic individuals
if you have been following this news, you will find out that Dike did have a charity event organized for him. The whole African Movie association (or whatever organization he belongs in) were doing a charity event for him.what is that if not philanthropy.
they claimed they didn't raise enough which is why they went to appeal to the state to raise the rest.

This is absurd and insane.

So if the doctors treating Mr Dike asked for 7 million including other expenses like transportation and as the Governor, it's ok to say to Mr Dike that 7 million is too much to save his life and he should just go ahead and die because you need to spread the 7 million across 200 patients? What if each of the 200 other patients requires more than at least a million each for treatment, are you still going to tell them that a million is too much because it's not enough to spread across 200 patients?

You stated that you value life, but you place a limit on what's allowed to save a life. How do you reconcile both? Are you thinking with your head or bubbles?

Do you see how silly and dumb you sound?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2011
^ no comment  smiley
obviously you are addicted to my posts

@bluetooth, if I developed kidney failure tomorrow and went to fashola for help and 50 other citizens did the same, what protocol will fashola use to decide which one of us to help? because i'm sure he can't afford to treat all of us. will he pull names out of a lottery bag?
see the point i'm making? see how this is a very easy way for a government to quickly become corrupt and help those who are likely to return a future favor?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:54am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

if I developed kidney failure tomorrow and went to fashola for help and 50 other citizens did the same, what protocol will fashola use to decide which one of us to help? because i'm sure he can't afford to treat all of us.
see the point i'm making? see how this is a very easy way for a government to quickly become corrupt and help those who are likely to return a future favor?

So the Lagos state government saved 300 lives because of favors? What kind of favors do you think the state is demanding in return?

This is getting comical, I'm laughing for real.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2011
^how is the christian dior perfume? want some more strawberry flavored ice-cream cake to go with it? smiley

Nigeria is one of the most corrupt country in the world for a reason. my last post on this thread. i'm out
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:56am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ no comment  smiley
obviously you are addicted to my posts

Yes of course, it's getting very comical and you're making me laugh.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Yes of course, it's getting very comical and you're making me laugh.

lol. i'm glad.
laughter is the best medicine. certainly better than anger and tantrums

at least you've heard my perspective and i've heard yours (which i certainly do no and will never understand).
good morning and goodday wink
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 9:59am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

my last post on this thread. i'm out

Don't let the door hit your a/ss on your way out,
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 10:00am On Feb 15, 2011
^ haha now you make me laugh. anyways bye
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 10:01am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. i'm glad.
laughter is the best medicine. certainly better than anger and tantrums

at least you've heard my perspective and i've heard yours (which i certainly do no and will never understand).
good morning and goodday  wink

I thought you left?

Don't worry about me and your insane and re/tarded paspective, worry about your own sanity and sense of reasoning.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

@bluetooth, I definitely don't know what to say now because obviously this has degenerated into a tribalist argument.
maybe ojukwu was flown abroad under veteran benefits? he was a war hero wasn't he?

@eko-ile,
you can't ignore my post for the life of you. can you?
because I certainly am ignoring yours.
It didn't degenerate into anything afterall the two recipients are ibo.How is ojukwu's life worthwhile than ifeanyi's ? So we should let ojukwu live and ifeanyi should die abi ? Seems you are not really smart afterall .
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 10:11am On Feb 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

It didn't degenerate into anything afterall the two recipients are ibo.How is ojukwu's life worthwhile than ifeanyi's ? So we should let ojukwu live and ifeanyi should die abi ? Seems you are not really smart afterall .

no comment.

thank God I no longer live in nigeria. my eyes are open
at least where i live, I know where my taxes are going to.
I know i am not being forced to pay taxes for government officials to send their kids abroad for schooling or sponsor nollywood stars medical expenses  smiley

----

According to most political philosophies, taxes are justified as they fund activities that are necessary and beneficial to society. Additionally, progressive taxation can be used to reduce economic inequality in a society. According to this view, taxation in modern nation-states benefit the majority of the population and social development.[30] A common presentation of this view, paraphrasing various statements by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. is "Taxes are the price of civilization".[31]

It can also be argued that in a democracy, because the government is the party performing the act of imposing taxes, society as a whole decides how the tax system should be organized.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Egbon, baba oni baba

shey no be you thay castigate me the other time when this oyinbo girl dey insult me?

Now you see wetin I dey talk? Anyway, God dey
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 10:21am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

no comment.

thank God I no longer live in nigeria. my eyes are open
at least where i live, I know where my taxes are going to.

I know i am not being forced to pay taxes for government officials to send their kids abroad for schooling or sponsor nollywood stars medical expenses 

----

According to most political philosophies, taxes are justified as they fund activities that are necessary and beneficial to society. Additionally, progressive taxation can be used to reduce economic inequality in a society. According to this view, taxation in modern nation-states benefit the majority of the population and social development.[30] A common presentation of this view, paraphrasing various statements by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. is "Taxes are the price of civilization".[31]

It can also be argued that in a democracy, because the government is the party performing the act of imposing taxes, society as a whole decides how the tax system should be organized.

I thought you value life? You really sound very selfish and irresponsible.

And the tax crap you posted excluded the government saving lives with taxpayers funds where exactly?

Who do you think is paying doctors to save lives in tax payers funded governments hospitals?

Maybe the government should stop building hospitals with tax payers money too. You really are d/umb and you know how to show it.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 15, 2011
fstranger3:

Egbon, baba oni baba

shey no be you thay castigate me the other time when this oyinbo girl dey insult me?

Now you see wetin I dey talk? Anyway, God dey

I can now see how dumb she is. sorry for the other time.onijogbon grin grin
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 10:28am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

I thought you value life? You really sound very selfish and responsible.

And the tax crap you posted excluded the government saving lives with taxpayers funds where exactly?

if you want to save lives, pay doctors salaries and build hospitals in impoverished areas of lagos. Those are examples of working for common good of society. texaspete has spent all his time on this thread making the same argument.
you can save MANY lives with 7 million naira of citizens tax. that is a fact.

but obviously you cannot know that.  smiley because you are so smart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence / Socialist Party of Nigeria, SPN, Protests INEC's Refusal To Issue Registration / Enugu Civil Servants To Resume On August 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.