Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? (43422 Views)

27-Year-Old Man Batters Lover For Denying Him Sex After Buying A Phone For Her / Are You Dating, Yet Feeling Lonely / If Those Wrinkles Ain't There, Forget It— Slay Queen As She Flaunts Her Bare Bum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ecter:
Hi good morning i must say this is a Very pleasant and well arranged write up. However, based on your relationship with the newly found crush i would say buy her if it's in your ability too. first of all because it is the right thing to do, you don't have to show hospitality all because you wanna have something in return. Secondly, buying her a phone would definitely make you feel good about yourself and you being a certified gentleman. Thirdly, she will not turn you into an ATM machine please that's not always the case i wonder why people find it so difficult to spend on a girl all because of a vivid mindset. Figuratively, let's be honest, if you don't spend on someone you wanna call yours, who else is worth it. You trying to win her over agreed, getting her a gift definitely counts. But mind you when you do that or if you eventually do that, don't expect anything in return remove your mind From it please, don't give her the impression of you like the rest guys, he got me a new phone so he can Bleep me please don't do that. If you get her the phone stay calm and totally take your mind and actions on what she might give you in return, trust me my friend, you'll be surprised. (You'll be shocked to realise that your crush just has the perfect connection you need or she might simply be the sweetest wife you'll ever have)
person u dey crush on somebori dey here dey Bleep her
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by greggng: 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:
This is my first reasonable post on nairaland �... I don't really know what the comments would be like but man gotta do what he gotta do �

So here's the story, I'm a single guy and I've been putting an eye out there looking for someone to love and call my own, so i met this really beautiful nice young lady a month ago and its was more like love at first sight kinda of thing...but i just had to maintain so i don't appear being desperate and all... But truth is am madly in love with this girl, we've been talking ever since then and so far we are becoming more closer as each day passes.

I still haven't asked her out to be my girlfriend but I'm really hopeful that she will say yes to me considering how close we have become lately, we talk about everything and anything.

So to the main gist, currently her smartphone is bad so we can't do things like chatting, whatsapp calls, video calls and the likes... And i feel like getting her a smartphone would greatly be helpful to her as well as get us to communicate more often, so I'm thinking....Is it wise to get her a phone at such an early stage into our relationship (friendship) considering the fact that i haven't asked her and she hasn't said yes to me....

I just feel like she really needs a smartphone and I'm thinking if i should get her one... I've not really made up my mind yet, might sound crazy but I'll really like to get opinions on this..

Is a shame you 've to seek advice for a simple matter like this here. What is a phone that u 've to think and seek advice for? Are u a real man? Do things without asking for reward ...that is how to get blessed By God? Buy her the phone if she loves you let it be for the fact of who you are not for material things u gave her. ...afterall u came to the world with nothing and u will go with nothing ...Grow up man . I trained my girl friend till she graduated ..today we 've gone our separate ways with happiness
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Reasonable Post.
grin grin
NP; Korede Bello Mungo Park
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by gracechellar(f): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:
This is my first reasonable post on nairaland �... I don't really know what the comments would be like but man gotta do what he gotta do �

So here's the story, I'm a single guy and I've been putting an eye out there looking for someone to love and call my own, so i met this really beautiful nice young lady a month ago and its was more like love at first sight kinda of thing...but i just had to maintain so i don't appear being desperate and all... But truth is am madly in love with this girl, we've been talking ever since then and so far we are becoming more closer as each day passes.moo

I still haven't asked her out to be my girlfriend but I'm really hopeful that she will say yes to me considering how close we have become lately, we talk about everything and anything.

So to the main gist, currently her smartphone is bad so we can't do things like chatting, whatsapp calls, video calls and the likes... And i feel like getting her a smartphone would greatly be helpful to her as well as get us to communicate more often, so I'm thinking....Is it wise to get her a phone at such an early stage into our relationship (friendship) considering the fact that i haven't asked her and she hasn't said yes to me....

I just feel like she really needs a smartphone and I'm thinking if i should get her one... I've not really made up my mind yet, might sound crazy but I'll really like to get opinions on this..
I need a phone biko
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Aksnoopy: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

So here's the story, I'm a single guy and I've been putting an eye out there looking for someone to love and call my own, so i met this really beautiful nice young lady a month ago and its was more like love at first sight kinda of thing...but i just had to maintain so i don't appear being desperate and all... But truth is am madly in love with this girl, we've been talking ever since then and so far we are becoming more closer as each day passes.

No, get her a car or house Mr Simpson.

1 Like

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Jentilia(f): 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
So many kids here,so u cant buy phone for your girl without seeking for advice here
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by gerrisson(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Don't.
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by uncjay(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

Okay, maybe I'll ask her out first and see the outcome before any further decisions...

Thank you.

you jumped quick to reply this one because it somehow sounded in what your mind already desires to do.

like someone right said, premium tears loading. don't be a simp, be guarded.

Ask yourself, if the situation is other way round, will she be thinking of getting you a smartphone? And again, you wanted to get a gift for her because emotion is attached, take the emotion away, you probably won't feel the urge to get her a phone. That what's will likely cause gnashing of teeth when she finally dump your sorry ass.

use your head.

3 Likes

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Upgrade your brain with that money for phone
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by santos123(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin grin
Bennysam:
Use that money to buy sense
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Slynation(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

This is a very simple task you should have advice yourself with bringing it here....
Nevertheless if you gift her a phone before asking her out probably you might end up friend zoning yourself... So better ask her out, let her be your girl first
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Openbusiness4: 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
Never buy phone for ur gf, never buy airtime for a gf. Let her buy it herself or let her other toasters buy for her and then she will use it to chat with you. But if you buy, she will use it to chat with other guys. Women don't respect men that give them free things. They will just keep using you till they are tired. If to spend money dey hungry u, go an spend on your mother and father or your siblings or your good male friends. Never ever spend money to try to impress woman, never ever do it. D fact that u didn't spend 1 kobo on her is what will even impress her say dis guy is different, upon on d forming sexiness, fine girl and packaging, d guy no even send me, d guy no even fall or drool dey chase me with gifts like oda guys. na from dia she go dey pursue u by herself. If her phone is bad, let her bill her other mumu toasters for money to fix her phone, afta she fix it, if it's true say una don dey flow well b4, na u she go first message when her phone is ok, she will ignore d mumu dat drop moni for her to fix it and continue chatting u up.. She go dey give d mumu wey pay to fix her fone 'K', yes, no, 'Kk" and oda short replies, while she cums chasing u everyday wit all kinds of long stories and gists, and dear dear msg upandan grin if u no u no

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by soundlala: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

u call this post reasonable
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by jumper524(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

Okay, maybe I'll ask her out first and see the outcome before any further decisions...

Thank you.
the relationship is too young for you to start buying her things.
It may create a wrong impression.
Spend more time with her, understand her sell, then you wouldn't need any advice to know if she's worth a new phone.

1 Like

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by jumper524(m): 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Beleive me, the first comment is what affected the positive ideology of the other commented hence you barely find an unreasonable comments..
It's a psychological thing.

1 Like

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by chrizdave: 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
shocked

greggng:

Is a shame you 've to seek advice for a simple matter like this here. What is a phone that u 've to think and seek advice for? Are u a real man? Do things without asking for reward ...that is how to get blessed By God? Buy her the phone if she loves you let it be for the fact of who you are not for material things u gave her. ...afterall u came to the world with nothing and u will go with nothing ...Grow up man . I trained my girl friend till she graduated ..today we 've gone our separate ways with happiness
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

Slowly my friend, most quick decisions end up in regret. You have to take time to analyse the kind of lady she is. If you're too emotional about someone, your logical reasoning get thrown out the window. You ignore their flaws and deem them perfect. Your relationship isn't deep enough. I would advise you to drop the idea of buying her a phone for now as you're yet to really know the kind of lady she is. Use your sense of logic else you would face emotional pain
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by emeka55: 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Don’t spend ur money on any girl u are not dating. Even if ur dating, relationship is not a savings account

1 Like

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Paruz1015(m): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

My guy don't buy anything till you are sure the relationship is going somewhere. As early as this, don't start off by buying stuff. If you do just know you have to keep it up, if not you are going to see some attitude in her and her complaint will definitely increase.

Don't spoil her yet, hold on for a bit just see where the relationship is going.

Sometimes we guys make girls to be materialistic and once we can't keep up with the plenty demands, we would start complaining about girls.
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Pearly255(f): 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
undecided
Haywhymido:
It will end in tears, carry that money go buy something for your mama
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by skedy1(m): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ecter:
Hi good morning i must say this is a Very pleasant and well arranged write up. However, based on your relationship with the newly found crush i would say buy her if it's in your ability too. first of all because it is the right thing to do, you don't have to show hospitality all because you wanna have something in return. Secondly, buying her a phone would definitely make you feel good about yourself and you being a certified gentleman. Thirdly, she will not turn you into an ATM machine please that's not always the case i wonder why people find it so difficult to spend on a girl all because of a vivid mindset. Figuratively, let's be honest, if you don't spend on someone you wanna call yours, who else is worth it. You trying to win her over agreed, getting her a gift definitely counts. But mind you when you do that or if you eventually do that, don't expect anything in return remove your mind From it please, don't give her the impression of you like the rest guys, he got me a new phone so he can Bleep me please don't do that. If you get her the phone stay calm and totally take your mind and actions on what she might give you in return, trust me my friend, you'll be surprised. (You'll be shocked to realise that your crush just has the perfect connection you need or she might simply be the sweetest wife you'll ever have)

Akuko
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Haywhymido(m): 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by frankloloko: 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

Before I met her....
buy the phone if you don Dey chop her . No matter o
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by fantastic1: 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

Thank you.
Your mind is already set on what you want to do. Why ask us?
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by skedy1(m): 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Melodriod:

All these SS3 boys!

Shebi lockdown don finish, make Una do go back school abeg
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by TheSoothSayer(m): 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Westernlove:
Yes also get her A Car, A rented apartment, and place her on monthly allowance as well. Thank me later.....

I like this guy. You have spoken well

2 Likes

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
wisdomkid:

You know there's always a reason to help others, right?
Reason like 'lust'??
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Paruz1015(m): 12:01am On Aug 07, 2020
Melodriod:

I think so far you're the only person that knows what i truly feel about this, I'm not doing this because I'm expecting anything in return from her, infact she has no idea that this is on my mind... I just feel like I'm in a position to help her, so why shouldn't i ?... She's an amazing person and you will definitely Know when someone is into you.

However a close friend of mine advise that i should make my intention about dating known to her first then after she accepts i can ho ahead to buy her a phone if that's what i really want to do, this is so she doesn't feel like she's obligated to say yes to me just because i got her a phone, and i think that will be a more sensible approach.

Thank you so much for your thoughts

I understand where you are coming from. But I would advise you to exercise some patients. Ask her out First when she agrees then you can buy her the phone.

Some people have learned the hard way. Buying the phone might influence her decision to say yes but you might not be aware. So my guy take your time. Don't rush things of the heart. Gifts like that is what you buy on a special day like Birthdays.
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Openbusiness4: 12:02am On Aug 07, 2020
OP, asking her out is a wrong move. Just look at yourself, and be sincere with yourself. why do you want to ask her out? U wanna ask her out, with the hope she will say yes, then you can now start buying her things trying to win or keep her love with gifts, because you're already infatuated. Very wrong move. It will end in tears, u will cry and say she used and dumped u, whereas na u take ur hand do ursef. Shake off d infatuation. Never ask a woman out from d position of infatuation where your sexual emotions have clouded your mind completely. Continue ur normal chat closeness level, let her get deep into u to d point she herself will be throwing hints and suggestions to you from time to time, pushing u to ask her out. She will start calling u baby by herself, she will act jealous wen u bring up having attraction to oda girls she go threaten u, she will tell u stuff like ur d first person she talks to every morning and last person at night, she will ask u "HAVE YOU EATEN" 100 times a day grin, she don dey hook on u b dat, that's wen u ask a girl out, or u might not even need to do it and u guys will just start dating without u even asking her out when she really gets deep into u

2 Likes

Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Aimhyer(m): 12:03am On Aug 07, 2020
Ask her out first, then ask her if she can support you with some amount of the money for a new phone, make sure she contributes, then observe her response or body language
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Emperor4tune(m): 12:06am On Aug 07, 2020
pls dont think am rude but trust me u lack common sense
Re: We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? by Ndipe(m): 12:07am On Aug 07, 2020
Get her a mansion.

Melodriod:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy / Couple Pose With Dolphin In Swimming Pool, Take Pre-Wedding Pics To Dubai Desert / Lady Investigates Her Boyfriend To See If He's Faithful And See The Outcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.