Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (61653 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by WriterX(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
My story is quite a sad and long one.
I wish I could write it all out. My life has been a terrible mess.
Where did it go wrong for me, I have no idea.

I am writing with so much emotion, my heart is full and heavy.
Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
A 16 years old boy in the university, so much freedom and exposure.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.
All my mates I started with have done their NYSC.

I'm still stuck in the same stage.
I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I have no true friends. Nobody checks on me, nobody calls me.

At this age, I can't boast of having 500 naira in my account.
I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.
My elder ones are graduates, but no solid job yet.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.
I have disappointed them a lot.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

At 23 years, I have no idea what I will do with my future.
I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

What is wrong with me, why am I miserable?

I have no good clothes. My clothes are all worn out.
I have nothing doing, i live off my parents.

Since schools were shut down, I have been at home doing nothing.
Completely broke, damaged and miserable.

Can my life be any better. What do I do. I am depressed.
I keep asking myself these questions but there
Seem to be no answer.

If I cor tell you my own na u go be like boss you still dey alive.

Op message me let me help you like I was helped out of my mess.

You are suffering from depression already.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by OmoDavido01(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Op just like you. I am 25 years in 400l studying Industrial Chemistry. My story is just like yours too. Graduate from sec school in 2013 but gained admission in 2016. Most of my sec school mates are now graduates and some already working and earning well. But na person wey give up fuckup. My own even strong because I am the first born with siblings and dad is late.
I wish you well bro.

Please check my signature for your unique and professional 3D logo design.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by stinjoe(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Jamesxay Please, I need to join the group.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.

I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

Seem to be no answer.

Honestly, you are lucky! Believe me on this. you are still young and can still recover all the loses in a short time.
The first and most important step is realizing and accepting the fact that you goofed.
23 years? forget it. I know a 36 years old guy who is currently in your shoes.
My advice:
Get a grip of yourself, U are still strong and I believe you are intelligent.
Take your time and ask yourself deep questions like What am I passionate about? Where can I add value? Where do I need change in my life? Do a lot of research and connect with people in that field.
Connect, share, Explore.
God is on your side.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
but nevertheless u are just better than those that died of corona
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by thelegend1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

You're 23, you've got your whole life ahead of you. In fact you just lived 1/5th of it and made your mistakes early...the beauty of your strength is you still had the courage to start over.
We all go through dark times and fall. But rising each time is where we define ourselves. DM me so we can rise together.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by justli: 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Your story reminds of myself, back then in the university: always broke, academically intelligent, ever thinking and planning and frustrated...but, I never missed an opportunity to have fun with my men...

You sound like someone who's going to be successful...I can feel it from the sincerity of your thought.

At 23 and not knowing what to do with your life, you might think it's worst for you. But, your life is just getting started.

Too many people think in the moment...you need to plan for 1, 2 or 3 years, and be grateful for every moment and everything...and pls, don't use the foul language "whatever god"

This hate of self, you need to channel it. If you'd like a career in the tech, here is something you can do:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/python-curriculum-is-live/

Go to the above link, cure your frustrations by immersing yourself into those course,

There is certificate for each one you finish

They are all top level IT skills:

Quality Assurance
Data analytics
Information security
Data visualization...

You can start from top down, since you are still in year 2...

If you heed this advice, by 4th year ending, you will be sending money to those your peers that already graduated...

I'm recommending this path because your passion is palpable you only need guide...

You can message me on Whatsapp also.

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by donMIG(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
That b life!
U r just 23 n u r shouting upandown like u don old I beg sit down
U r broke because u want to b-my guy go work for site
I still remember doin that coz I wanted to earn respect from my parents n ppl, all that pls mum or dad gimme 2h I want to use it no b him oo dem go dei ask u weitin u wan take d moni do dei open eyes for u anyhow... Baba na reality dei hit u, life hard for this country, if u survive hia u fit survive anywhere, I know guys older than u who still live wit parent (29/31)
Oga u for calm down ooo
U dei talk say ur friends dei drive car... U tink say ur friends na u? Oga not everybody is born to b rich!
This life no hard
Once u can afford wat u need baba just dei thank God! Ppl dei sleep under bridge

Lastly
I know how u feel
I've been dia b4
All the hating on sundays
N questioning God
All the lil tins getin u mad but wat I haven't experienced is hard times without homies
My dawgs down wit me from day one!

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Sakaslim(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

See Bro, life present different shades for different folks. My advice for you is not to surround yourself with any form of negativity, always be positive. In this life, your mindset and what you say will get you far. Again, i want to advice that you seek someone you can talk to, you don't need to tell the person your whole life history, just someone who is positive and full of life with all the right energies.

At this age, don't worry if you haven't figured out life yet. Even the older ones are still figuring it out. Just take each day as it comes and tighten any loose end from your own angle.

Finally, i want to implore you to find Christ genuinely. Our creator owns the manual to our lives and he can be found when we seek him. He alone has all the answers. Mortal men try, the answer and peace you seek are in christ.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Drizzy5001(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Bros , if u hear my own part , u go pity me .. the Carryovers wey I gather sef, I no even know where to start to dey write am ... no be say I no Sabi book, or I no dey read, just that in my corrupt department u have to sort if u want to graduate. So no think say na ur own worst pass , u are better than some peopl o. The worst part me be say, na me be first born , alot of people are looking upto me , so much responsibilities on my head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
1. You compare yourself to others that you see on social media. Stop it before you kill yourself.

2. You haven't forgiven yourself for the past mistakes you made. You need to forgive yourself. Otherwise, you will keep living in the past while your future passes you by.

3. Most 23 year-olds are usually broke in Nigeria unless you can sell your pumpum to politicians to help you widen the hole, which I wouldn't advice you to do.

So, snap out of your pity party.

Every morning when you wake up, stand in front of your mirror and tell yourself that you messed up in the past, but now you're fully back to take the world by storm.

Tell yourself that you will not disappoint your parents again, especially your mom.

Tell yourself that you are bright and capable.

Tell yourself that you might be broke now, but that's ok because your success is just around the corner.

Whatever you tell yourself is what's going to be.

Believe it and see it manifest.

Now, get back to work. The world is waiting for your contribution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Hahjascho(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
KingPipmarshall:

I understand how you feel because I have been through such thoughts before. We age mates.

At 19, I lost my mom, few months later I lost my friend. At 22 I got withdrawn from pharmacy school in the university.

I hated myself and didn't like the way things were going. I stopped believing in God and many things. I accepted my fate.

Here are the things I did that got me on a journey to achieving my goals.

1) I asked myself, what is my purpose ( I don't have the answer yet)
2) I found a hobby that got me engaged and active( forex trading). Learn a high income skill, you can get free courses on udemy.com
3) I started early morning workouts. 6am-6:30am( health is wealth)
4) I set goals( gave me a sense of something to aim for each month)
5) I cut away my friends, family and stopped watching TV( only your parents care about you)
6) I started reading ( after my withdrawal from. Pharmacy school, I had all the time in the world and I read somewhere that readers are leaders. I don't know if that is true)

Also you are 23 for Christ sake...no one expects you to have a car or a millionaire naira in your name. The time is on your side, you have 30, 40, 50 and many more years to celebrate on earth.

My step mom gave me this advice: " The foundation of a sky scraper goes deep into the ground, you don't know what plans God has for your life"

Face your challenges SQUARELY. Stop visiting nairaland, visit Quora.com instead.

I hope this helps
You have a mindset of an optimist.... good one.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Funkybabee(f): 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Give your life to Christ

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by lymelyte(m): 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
exactly what I wanted to say..

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Joevics(m): 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

I got admission after taking jamb 4 times. Most of my class mates were already in their final year. After I graduated, I didn't know where I was heading in life. Things were just on auto. No job and lot of pressure.
But all that have changed now.

The bottom line is, that it takes just one moment for you to figure it out. Focus on your education, and graduate with good grades. Be prayerful. You'll look back to this day, and this post and smile someday.

5 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by WHITELIGHTER: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
23 and u feeling this sad? There are 40yr olds who don't know their left from right and u complaining?

U best years are ahead man...you even realised and corrected your mistakes early. Make friends, join an active unit in church, have a responsible gf, be experimental, adventurous, don't be scared of making mistakes.

Don't fvcking compare yourself because if u follow this path that you are now, only suicide knocking

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by IhateMyDad: 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
DamonSalvatore:
My matter pass your own
The day i wanted to commit suicide but couldn't... I started commending people that did....such bravery

I see myself as useless.. Moreover I'm the first born.. Many responsibilities .. No clothes.. Just two jeans..

School ma na useless course.. With frustrating lecturers ontop

Just find something that gives you small joy.. For me na trolling
Hold on.. As far as we de breathe life go better one day

Nigeria no get head
guy I swr na me be this!!
from the useless
to two jeans
nonsense lecturers.
to even relieving myself by trolling

nna ehn
this life sha
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by emmy512: 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
OP there are worse stories than yours don't give up.
I realised the course I was doing i had no passion for it and in my second year i wrote jamb again for another course that i discovered i had passion for and did things without taking them as stress.
In my 3rd year now and same age as you, even though I felt exactly the same way you're feeling.
My parents could afford to put me in school again but that shame won't let you ask them for something, it was a year later they found out i wrote jamb, after all the quarells et all they still welcomed me, don't loose hope.
Find something, anything to do even if it gives you 1k a week till you can do better

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by VULCAN(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Let me slap you back into reality. God is NOT responsible for your foolishness of diving into bet naija as an undergraduate instead of learning a skill to make money while still in school. Your mates who you claim are all driving cars and renting houses (a bloody lie, by the way) did not do bet naija with the stipend their parents gave them and those that did still studied and graduated.

So shut up and don't bring God into your folly.

Having said that, let me tell you the other side.

In 20yrs none of the nonsense you did will have mattered.

When you meet with your former mates when you are 43, the ones who will be the most successful will not be those who you presently think are balling.

Life is not a sprint. It is a marathon.

My secondary school was littered with the children of the wealthy and influential. Yet the most wealthy and influential today from my set are NOT the kids of those big shots back then.

So wake up from your depression cos you are not on track to become successful not because you are broke now but because you have lost hope.

There are only three things you need to do.

Ask God to show you Mercy and give you a sign that he has a plan for your life. Be alert for a week as the answer will come in form of a person or a conversation.

Secondly, Go and learn a skill. Your phone is not ringing cos you have refused to create value. This world only gravitates towards people who provide value for others, regardless of what that value may be.

Thirdly, ask God to send you a mentor. If the right person enters your life, it can change dramatically within a year. If God sends someone to help you, you will be lifted in two years beyond where you can struggle to reach in 10yrs of hard labour. Skills get you noticed but favour launches you into the atmosphere. Don't be deceived by any fake motivational speaker. EVERYBODY flying high in this world was given an opportunity a long time ago and they shined.

I rest my case

YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

5 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Amuluonyenaego: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
OP PLS SEND ME YOUR NUMBER
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AngelicBeing: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
Hahaha, Lol, like seriously, masturbation ke, but he didn't say he was mastubating Na, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com @ topic, Op seek the help of a psychologist advice and a good Christian counselor to address your issue, shalom wink
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Ogarexmas: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
Bro no matter what you are going through please take things easy, this is how depression comes in before you know you are starting to think of sucide

Even the people who you think their lives are rosy might be going through more challenges than you are facing

Just take things easy bro
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by BigTableShaker(f): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hehehe..

Kids have taken over our NL.
Kid wey no wan Hussle..
This is why bihari called em lazy ass eediots.

I started hustling at16, by the time I turned 22, I looked back and just smile.
I started from;
1. Universal Steel Company, (WAHUM) @N91/day.
2. Guiness Nigeria Plc, @N250/day
3. Peak Milk construction site @300/day
5. Caplux paints, Oba Akran.N600/day with free choice meal
6. Coca cola,
7. CMB.
8. Simba Construction site,
9. Bel Impex LTD
8. Mr. Biggs,
9. Harp,
10. Caterers
11. Security etc.. all as a fuckin manual labourer.

@ 22, I had 150k cash at hand and still living with my parents, the following year I got admitted into a Polytechnic, got HND at 27, continued the struggle as a P.A to one motherfhucker, as a Biologist yet I learned engineering trade at TVS tricycle company for 3months, Security guard at events, Bouncer at nite clubs, and now I'ma proud senior staff in Dangote Plc.
@35 years old, I bought my own car, got a family of my own, yet the struggle Continues..

Life is hard bro, but you were the fastest out of those billion sperm cells your father ejaculated that day.
Don't disappoint the cells that didn't make it.
Your life is a gift, don't throw it away- Make it count.

Get back to GOD now, cry to HIM "I am yours, SAVE me" and HE will send help your way, but you must anticipate by being active, don't sit your lazy ass down.

You will make it.

LIVE.

6 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by KushLyon(m): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
bro just calm down, I'm in a similar condition as you. I made a lot of money from the beginning of this lockdown and I have lost it all now. Anything I'm doing these days is not working out for me, the only thing that gives me joy is graphic designing which is what I have been using to keep myself sane, but I still believe it will get better. Life is full of ups and downs, and when you're down you will definitely go back up with enough dedication and perseverance.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by larryking540: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
poiunt:
Your approach to life is surprising... You are just 23 years of age...lot of time to explore life and get to know what works for you.

all over the world gambling is addictive..thank god, you know it is at 23 years old....my friend buckle yourself up..finish your education...you still have lot of things upward for you...why waste your youthful age regretting about nothing..move on
bro I wouldn't blame op ,life in 9ja is survival of the fittest,u kw wat I mean ,anybody can blow at any age and they will say na God o
in Western life at @ certain age u should be don with your school and at certain age u should be out of University,but let's take it back in 9ja ,,
life for 9ja is just scattered ,we just day do by gods grace

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ekerintee: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

pathetic story,you want to give up at the age of 23 .quiet funny .As far as you are living ,there is hope .Nigerians love to make it quick,patience and hard work is the key.There is depression everywhere ,not only in naija .I believe you think you have not achieved much at the age of 23,.life is useless when you have not identified your PURPOSE.every body has a purpose in life.Your purpose may just be to help people .doing this things gives you joy even when you don't have money in pocket.i think you should get yourself busy,when one is idle ,the devil brings lots of thought of how useless you are.i don't know what you are studying in school but try to look at skills that accompany your course of study.if you are an engineering student ,learn cad .if accounting ,learn related software ,get skills that will prepare you for the future .this is the time to prepare for the future and not time to start thinking of what your mate have achieved .it's possible to overtake those who have passed you.i will also advice you to write down what you want to become in life and pencil out how you intend getting to your target .assess where you are now and determine where you want to be .meet with people ,try to meet people who are successful,let them be your friends and don't be ashamed to tell them you want to learn from them.you can get some skills as a student ,are you good in Microsoft,u can Help people with typing of projects at leisure time and get money.u can also learn some computer skills to get money .I see you as still young ,and the problem in Nigeria is people rush education.i hope you are encouraged in one way or the other .there is no short cut in life ,Nigerians Generally love short cuts ,want to make it fast ,without hard work and preparations

I regret my past daily. I think about it all the time but it does me no good. I have accepted my fate and moved on but like they say the evil that men do surely lives with tgem
I'm suffering from the consequences of what I brought upon myself and pray life gets better for me.

Thank you for your advice.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Xristars(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
A word is enough for the wise, they have said it all.
Never be swayed by what you see online, people are living fake lives.
Never put yourself under unnecessary pressure.
Never compare yourself wit other, your shoes might be far better.
23years! Young fellow, life begins at 40. Cheers!!!
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by aniffy4eva(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
@YoungandDepress

My brother.. calm dowwwnnnnn.

I was in your shoes like 15 years ago.. (except the gambling sha).. I was about your age in 200L too, and my mates had either graduated or in their finals.. After secondary school, i went to a polytechnic, finished OND, worked for one year (IT) before going back to university to start from scratch.

I was the capital B in "Broke", wetin i no sell? clothes oh, perfume oh, women's shoes oh.. Chai grin grin. To even cap it, there was this chic i liked that didn't agree to date me... mehn.. omo depression wey hold me ehn... i lost my erection ..i no fit sleep... na one nice deeper life woman who lived in our area that was just consoling me cheesy cheesy grin. Dey give me tracts to read.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

But when the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Today, its a different story.. grin grin grin To God's glory, now dem dey call us Chairman, Oga sir.

See ehn, there are two things you must never lose o.. Faith in God and Faith in a better tomorrow for you. Right now, face your book, and just paint beautiful pictures in your mind of a glorious tomorrow. I remember taking long walks just speaking in tongues and declaring words about my future.

Good company also helps. My good friend (Baba Dee).. we met in 100L and have been friends since then till today.. We used to build dreams with our mouths and to God's glory, things don balance. cheesy cheesy

Wo aburo (see my lil bro), just be positive, read your books, hustle, pray and speak good words about your future. Your destination (when things go balance) is not as far as where you are coming from. A lot of times, strangers were the ones that encouraged me so maybe now its my turn to do same to you. One day, one day, dem go call you Chairman, Oga sir!!! (positive oh..not dem 419 type)

Happiness is a choice. Choose it. And remember, when you balance, make you sef encourage others. smiley

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by IFNOTGOD(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hold on n don't give up

your mates are driving cars today does not mean u won't drive ur when d time comes.

a lot of people don't have it easy, reason most people do a lot of things to make it big.

Hold on to God n u will never go astray, it may not make sense to u now but someday it definitely will n I Know u will come out strong.

u can check these R.Kelly Songs

Hold on
I believe
3 way phone call
prayer changes
storm is over.

let it shine- timi dakolo.

John pk - Stand

some of us struggle daily but the Lord has kept us.

Hold on to God, He never fails
though the vision tarries wait for it, for it will surely come to pass.

may the good Lord keep n guide u
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by donprinyo(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Call me on the phone sharperly, u will make a very good marketer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

President Buhari should see this! I'm in Tears.. / Photo Of A Little Girl Striking A "Disturbing" Pose Ignites Debate Among Women / When Your Father Works With Nigerian Breweries(Hilarious Photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.