Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (61428 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Darkskeleton: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
We now know how bad things are for you and how "everything" is not working out but WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO ABOUT IT?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Neddyogu(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

I regret my past daily. I think about it all the time but it does me no good. I have accepted my fate and moved on but like they say the evil that men do surely lives with tgem
I'm suffering from the consequences of what I brought upon myself and pray life gets better for me.

Thank you for your advice.

Chill bro, it's only natural that u feel this way. As long as u hv taken conscious steps to remedy the situation, it can only get better. Good a thing, none of ur family members are berating u (at least u didn't say) so brotherly, pick urself up and move on. All those friends and ol' pals u shy away from are probably struggling too. Experience be like bag, everybodi carry im own.
The worst thing a person can do is compare his life with others. Everyone has their pace, this is urs. Develop a positive outlook on life. For starters, u may want to change the moniker. Not many people have their lives all figured out at 23.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by blingxx(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
My story is quite a sad and long one.
I wish I could write it all out. My life has been a terrible mess.
Where did it go wrong for me, I have no idea.

I am writing with so much emotion, my heart is full and heavy.
Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
A 16 years old boy in the university, so much freedom and exposure.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.
All my mates I started with have done their NYSC.

I'm still stuck in the same stage.
I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I have no true friends. Nobody checks on me, nobody calls me.

At this age, I can't boast of having 500 naira in my account.
I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.
My elder ones are graduates, but no solid job yet.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.
I have disappointed them a lot.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

At 23 years, I have no idea what I will do with my future.
I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

What is wrong with me, why am I miserable?

I have no good clothes. My clothes are all worn out.
I have nothing doing, i live off my parents.

Since schools were shut down, I have been at home doing nothing.
Completely broke, damaged and miserable.

Can my life be any better. What do I do. I am depressed.
I keep asking myself these questions but there
Seem to be no answer.

I dont mean to brag to you op ..but pls check my profile for the first thread i made on nairaland few years ago , we have a lot in common walai undecided laslas i no carry degree for head again ..seriously I pray I never make use of my "CV" my eye don open
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by vioment: 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
At 23 you can do u turn or right turn. The older the harder.

I was like you, but I give myself brain at 22.
I was a prodigal son, I carry frat for head, many close encounters. Even yahoo. I no get time read.
No true friend to inspire me positively.

I just clock three five, so I know your concern.

The good news be say you dun wake up, so your morning just start. Build skills, learn physically and academically. Even now i still dey learn. Don't forget to have fun in whatever capacity you can.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Bro, i no collect salary since june, now this August, singing... No be only you kill Jesus! We Plenti for there...

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Sebbs(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hmm mm, life is like that in Nigeria my brother I was like that a couple of months now .I came back from school having small change with me but less than a month it got finished no money ,nobody to give me but I live with my uncle though but he won't support you with a dime instead he tell me to leave is house . Along the line to cut the long story short some gave an Idea to start up a lesson for students because of the lock down so I heeded to the advice then I started the lesson .I thank God now am managing from little I get. Brother don't think you are going through worst but believe me other tell you their story you will roll on ground and Bless God. Seek for ways to improve yourself my gee.God is not asleep
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

Do not be depressed. Depression would only make you age faster. You're overthinking. Sometimes the mind creates problems that aren't there. You know what I would advice you to do? Get up and get yourself busy with something. Perhaps a labour job. We have them around. People are less depressed when they get busy. Just opt for any job around you such as clearing one's bushes, mixing of cement or carrying of loads. Negotiate well and get busy. It is just for the moment to earn some money. You wouldn't be doing it forever. Furthermore, control your fear of tomorrow. The experiences you had doesn't mean your life has ended. You're still young and have a lot to achieve. Stop overthinking and get something doing. Don't lose hope. In our darkest times, hope is what w give ourselves. Don't lose yours by overthinking. When school resumes, be focused and determined and you would get on your feet again. Good luck!
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by MartinsD12(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

Na laziness dey worry u, try get work do so you fit earn your money
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Kazim88: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.

I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

Seem to be no answer.

At 23 you are angry because you think you are not enjoying life.... you are not balling like your mate you started with that are already doing NYSC...
Goodnews, they are many like you and I don't waste my advice on them, I only ask them one question:::

Between Enjoying Life and Being powerful which appeal to them most??

The answer lies the problem of the African man.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by walkwithgod(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
walescars1:
Hello

I am really sorry that you feeling depressed and got anxiety

But I would to assure you that you not alone and keep having faith and beleive me when i say no matter what you think of education its still be best way out of the poverty lie in nigeria

But without talking to much if you got instagram add me on Swansrecordsnstion

And send me private message and i can see how to assist you no matter how small

But i will say never drop out of school because there are so much opportunity coming up in foreign countries and your only advantage is education

Hope you stay strong and focus

Remember life is not a competition amongd your peers

Education has lost its value in Nigeria.

Only a high income skill and viable business can get you through the door in these rough times, maf fo...stay woke !
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by bummyla(m): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
At 23 I was like you! Not Broke, but depressed and afraid of what am about to confront in the future, was rounding up my NYSC. Had Big Dreams! But my speech impediment as a big stone crushing me to death.

Thank GOD my speech have improved a lot over time.

I first stopped comparing my self with other!

The more you compare yourself, the more you will hate yourself

Dont blame others for what you are going through, rather learn from it.

Lastly, when i couldn't get a job for 4 years, I started to volunteer to some NGOs around me! Till God Smiled At Me! And He is still Smiling at me.

My youngest in law went into destructive depression by 15, thank God, I have walked through that path before, it wasnt easy. Now he's okay, always tagging along side me.

About to gain admission to university this year.

Dont lock people out of your life! You might not need their advice, but you surely need someone to speak to or you will implode, and thats not the best.

Dont give up! There is light at the end of the dark tunnel!

https://www.God.bingo

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Worksunlimited: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry

I have no idea.

cry

If it makes you feel any better, most people in this world don't know what to do with their lives but they take life 1 day at a time...

And so should you.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by kamtrix(m): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Just sent you a DM sir.
bro please let's talk. I also have a little gift for you. If you can go to Instagram, search for Lystra_business, and send a dm that it's you. I'll reply you within an hour. Please.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by annayawchee: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ade3131:

@YoungandDepressed,

This guy here just told you my story in a very very abridged way.

I thank God for you bro...You still have parents who got your back. Some people are going through similar situation you're passing through all alone as orphans. Imagine your life without Mom and Dad.

My strong advise for you is to leverage on having both parents alive and hearty to learn a trade bcuz I can't see you handling the true realities of the Nigerian labour market after graduating from the University. Your parents will still feed you and help you with commuting fares to your place of work until you start making money for yourself.

It's still very good that you're 23 before asking all these questions. Some will not realize until they're 35. Congratulations to you bro. Am happy you're discovering yourself at almost the right age

He doesn't know that their are many who walked alone, whose survival rest on their own shoulder...

At 24, I've toiled to set my self up and maybe go back and get a degree...

I'm not yet there but I'm close...

Help is limited..

So Op be grateful!!!!!

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by principi(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

send me a mail. prizyekanem@gmail.com
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by bigtt76(f): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Your own morning will come dear ....its still night, don't panic. Sending you hugs kiss

YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Switch07(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
RealEzee:
My guy this life no balance oo

Yet as far as you still breathing make it worth while, you're not in competition with anyone ooo Abeg, this life is d only race way dem no dey give award for one first reach finish line but for everyone to get there, so get there man.

As Naija pple aren't we all depressed by default grin, my guy find the little things that gives u hope, makes u laugh makes you look forward to better days, Aswear we all need true friends in the lives Sha, at least guys we can pour out our fears without judgment, see ehnn Las Las we go all dey aiit, as for me na God I dey look up too, Baba got my back 24/7, make em Sha just bless d labors of my hand make everywhere soft, my folks dey for me to take care of.

I dey listen to J Cole - love yourz, dey type you grin
God and Cole love yours keep me going
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by TheSent: 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
[quote author=YoungandDepress post=92495202]My story is quite a sad and long one.

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

[OP you'll be fine. In my case, I also felt frustrated that I couldn't earn any money. Because of the lock down on schools I had to come back home and stay with mom and she'll go to work everyday while I stayed at home doing. I thought of doing plenty things to make money including going to every big house in my area and offering my service as a errand Guy, to do anything they wanted me to do for a token.
Finally I decided that I'll be leaving the house and strolling round my area to see if there were any business opportunities. To God be the glory in one of my strolls I came across an employment opening as a sales promoter and after going for interview I was employed.
In the book Acres of Diamond, one thing that has been common for ages is that wealth is all around us and especially where you are. Just for us to open our eyes.

There's God dear brother and He loves you so much. I pray this situation draws you to him instead of farther away.
God bless you.]

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ikechukwu150: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kissiemu:
And you came to Nairaland where people that know what they want to do with their lives abi?

...I don't even know what to tell you.
If you dont know what to tell him then you shut up ok...Someone is telling you how depressed he is and you are talking rubbish!!
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Pweety3333(f): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
To everyone who reached out to him....you guys are the real mvp

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Viktorkrum321(m): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
[quote author=YoungandDepress post=92495202]My story is quite a sad and long one.

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

millions of youths still on this table even seeking admission
its really hard I know cos I have felt that way too
pls don't give up
get strength from ur family and friends and continue striving
God no go shame us
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Parisian: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Please I'm asking genuinely....why did you say this?
internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Op just thank God for life, when there's life there's hope, if I tell u my own story.. U would know ur situation isn't as bad as u think
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Itohanmiwa: 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

Bro
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Amumaigwe: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

If education has frustrated you, try learning any skill that can empower you to solve problem and get paid for that. Life does not give anyone what he wishes or prays for, but what he deserves through hardwork.

Forget about your past and blame God not because he is waiting for you to make the first move. Start adding value to your life afresh and see Him move in to bless the works of your hands.

Remember age is still on your side; that means you still have many years to suffer or to enjoy life. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ikechukwu150: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
does it masturbation contribute to his problem bro?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Lewisalexander(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
ehisforever24:
You are not a failure that is why I am scared of raising my Kids in Nigeria

You can be depressed anywhere in the world bruh
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by smiliyB(f): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
I'm truly surprise shocked shocked that this is nairaland...so much words of encouragement from pals unlike the nairaland I know.... @op Don't give up, it's not yet over and you're still very young to achieve that your dream and goals. Again, draw closer to God that you will abide under the shadow of his wings and have peace of mind. I wish you all the best in life... #muchlove
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Famous4real(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Social media making a 23year old feeling like a failure in life, we are sad in life not because life is unfair but because we pay attention to things that do not matter, the deadliest thing that can ever happen to human is feeling like a failure. Change your thinking and say positive things to yourself and watch your life take a new dimension drastically. Brother the good thing here is that you were able to recognise that you are not doing real well and not performing up to your abilities, it means you know yourself and what you can do when you are at your best. Instead of thinking too much about this without why can’t you get up and explore yourself? Find out things you like , for me meaning of life isn’t about been social it’s about reading, serving and eating and when you do all this your life will attract right friends. Martin Luther King said “Everyone can not be famous but everyone can be amazing by serving “. Serve yourself and serve others. I will remember you in my prayers and I wish you the best.

“The secret of life is when you get knocked down 7times try to get up 8 times”.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by bola4dprec(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

Good evening bros hope you are not into drugs ? If yes call me I will tell you something
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Twenty8: 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

You sound 90% like me, but I am starting to get it. I think I know what our types need to do to get a sense of purpose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Snake In My Roof / ‘my Manhood No Longer Stands Erect’, Can't Have Sex: / She Uses My High Sexual Drive To Her Advantage In Resolving Our Misunderstanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.