Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike (66461 Views)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / I Never New After My Nysc I Can Make This Far With This Business / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by InvertedHammer: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:
Need Your Prayers On My New Adventure

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

A lil prayer for me won't be bad
/
Life is a race. No be who first start dey win. Overtaking is allowed.

\
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by afecgivers: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

Some of those claims are false. Some can't even save 2k weekly. Ask them to introduce you to the business and experiment with it for 3months. Come back here and tell us how far. They have other hidden business they are doing...because building a house in this buhari government is not a joke.

4 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Willie2015: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Openbusiness:

Don't buy bike ohh, find something else. Bike and HBP are like 5 & 6. The risk outweighs the rewards

Dont think so...
If he is driving it himself...
He should make sure he get a comprehensive insurance ...
God Speed to the Op

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by DSL: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Remember, what an Education does for you, is “shape your mind”. Do not be intimidated at all.

It means if they can make it, there are tons of opportunities and insights that you can harness.

Calm down, study the terrain and put your education to good use sniffing out opportunities.

God speed.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by pmoye(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Life is a solo race. You start having peace when you stop comparing yourself with others, and importantly when you understand that the rule of success in life has nothing to do with the path you have chosen.

If I could go back in time to when I was about to fill my JAMB form, I definitely wouldn't chose a professional course. I would choose a 4-year course, at a school that would not waste my time. I would finish, do NYSC, and never return to school for MSc and PhD. Why doing Undergraduate I would apprentice myself with a business owner, offer my time for free if I must, and jump into full-time business during NYSC and after.

And yes, I wouldn't leave the country. I would sit put and do business, only traveling out for business or for vacation.

The Nigerian economy with its toxic inflation is never designed for salary earners no matter how much salary you are paid. Business is the only engagement that can respond dynamically to the changing prices of things.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by omanzo02: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Op, studying is just to get you a permanent profession but not get you rich instantly or in your lifetime.....with creativity you can have and extra profession or hobby that can earn you money. you may not practice your profession and that doesn't mean you are wasting you time or future......that is the difference between African and western mentality. You may be an engineer professionally but trading could eventually be your means of livelihood that could earn you more if you were working as an engineer on salary basis.

We, Nigerians really need mentality counselling.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Education is not a waste but education is not the way to success

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by juman(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2020
Good.
Find something doing.

But be so careful riding bike. There are many cases of accidents.

Nigeria is a destroyed country.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2020
stinflame:

Can I know more about this your TV?
Sorry sir... A mistake..

It is Tv light
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drvade(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2020
I can relate bro,
I know that feeling, that feeling of settling fof less.

contact me let get heads down and you would appreciate the result in 6 months time..

click my signature
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Chimookigwe: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2020
This one definitely has low ambitions in life.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Oizee(f): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2020
Oizee:
Are u now regretting going to school? Everyone get im time o
this op eh, but u no remember ur mate/friend under six feet already o, just be grateful to God and hustle while you can

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Psalmistproject: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2020
I'm a graduate for over 8yrs now and can't still get a good stable job.

What I've learnt recently is, the world is shifting to skills specialization or viable handwork.

This will sustain you at all times.

Only me HSE, PM, HR certifications still no job, managed hotels and schools still nothing to show.

Now the scary part, I just enrolled for a 1yr training in automobile mechanical Repairs.

Be wise o, time no dey.

14 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Cyoung4real(m): 10:42am On Aug 13, 2020
If hustling works for you, Don't discourage those studying. If studying works for you, Don't discourage those hustling. Street is smart, Book is smart. The goal is to SUCCEED!!! Good luck bruh

12 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by GeneralPula: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2020
Your friends are called benefit boys..
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Originalsly: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2020
Hmmm..... the ones with okada buying lands and building houses... so you buy okada. I hope you found out how the okada business is going in these COVID-19 times.... I'm almost sure most of their saving were great before these times. The good thing.... that you're doing something to earn a living and not sitting and waiting ..... like soooo many graduates... for some prestigious job.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by veraponpo(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Just be smart, have a focus, set your goals and know who you are.

Going to school is to give you light and foundation for the kind of life you want to eke out.

I came from a very poor background and today I am a doing relatively well in financial terms by Nigerian standard ( not hugely rich but comfortable). Education is my secret.

After first degree, what other programmes, trainings, seminars, etc have you attended? What exactly is your plan in life?

If you have a good plan, in 5 years time, you would have been buying bikes for many of them.

I know many people earning big money when I was a student. Today, I can employ them and feed them in their numbers and this is just within a short time.

Don't be moved by the quick rich of the artisans and manual labourers; you will control them eventually, provided you have a good plan for yourself.

It is a matter of time.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by justified007: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Why venturing into okada business like them when you can just venture into more dignifying and less stressful business like POS , Bet9ja , business center and computer training school etc ? You will even make more money than them if everything goes on fine

6 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by dannywest: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Envy which degree?

I laugh

Most people that "hustle" make a lot of money for a few years & gas out,
They mostly end up as old semi broke landlords.

When you hustle with an educated world view your ambitions start exceeding building one spaceless house in the outskirts of town and go towards owning skyscrapers around the world.

And yes I've met rich traders who lack self confidence around educated people.

I've been in the school is trash phase too. Thankfully I completed my degrees

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by rhemauni: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Lol
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Jaqenhghar: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2020
seunmsg:
So what? There is no big deal about your friends buying land while you were doing your NYSC. Just get a good job and in less than two years, you will surpass all their achievements.

If you want to hustle until you land your dream job, please do. There is no crime in legit hustle. But please, don’t ever think that your education is a waste. Even if you decide to go into business, your education will stand you out and give you an edge.
.with the way Nigeria is. You can lose those plots of land in one day. One governor can just wakeup and declare that all land needs to undergo re-verification exercise within a month, or that some lands are illegal. That's it

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2020
NEVER look at a gifted horse in the mouth.
People envied Obi, Hush, Evans etc before the real sources of their income revealed.
Don't go into anything illegal because of what you are seeing.
Not everyone in a hurry has an appointment, some have running stomachs. If the snails could make the Noah's ark, then you can make anything.
Work hard and smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by perdollar(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2020
so bc u go school make husslers wey no go school no progress pass u ba? if na so musicians like tubaba no suppose rich pass any cadre of doctor, nonsenses

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2020
I would love buying tv lights oh but I’m in Warri how can I get it
Pimpmaride:
Bros... Thread carefully...

What God will do in ur life, he will do.

He first u buy land doesn't mean he will be more successful than u.... Your frnd might wish he has a degree too.... Where u can stand, he may not be able to stand there.. Trust MI..

You can compete wth elites on big stages Cox of ur education but he can't.... He can only watch u.

Just do what u can do and let God take control...

Do ur best and hustle and u will proud of ursef..

Meanwhile..

I have a TV light for sale.. It can fit any TV length and breadth..... It is TV light that can fit any size of ur TV......

TV light

It is just 8k... Whatsapp 0811 719 2995

U can change the color to ur desired one

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2020
All the best with your endeavor smiley

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Young man, if they can save #10k weekly with family commitments, then I'll advise you make yours double. If possible, triple it as you don't have any commitments as you enjoy free food (at home) and free accommodation.

You are young, please make use of this opportunity to deny yourself of some pleasures to enjoy later. Also, try to download and read books on how to manage money and improve your financesbecause making money without the knowledge to manage it is a wasted effort.

All the best!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Dem go buy you eat suya join
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by gnykelly(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2020
life na pee head...you need to find your own hustle. you might venture and fail using their template
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by deboakins(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2020
[quote author=Drsnives post=92752219]

Thanks for your suggestion, but have weighed my options bro and I think it's little bit okay n I have equally prayed about it. It's just for a while let's say from now till December let me raise like 250k then I'll start up something come January[/quote

Great and God help and reward you]

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Kvvngkhalifa202:
I would love buying tv lights oh but I’m in Warri how can I get it

I can waybill it sir..

God is good logistics GIGL

Or GUO transport
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Awoleesu(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2020
My dear,
I understand your frustration. But I'll advice you don't do irrational decision! Everything about life is according to time.

Let me share my story with you:

Seeking admission into tertiary institutions in our days was a herculean venture. I gained admission about 3 years after passing out of secondary school. Within the periods sitting at home, I hated myself because even my juniors in school would inform me they'd been admitted to so and so university... and I'd think here am I wasting away! Well, in those periods also I'd unconsciously learned some life lessons that would remain with me forever! - The race is not for the swift! FFwd, today, I am not just a graduate but pursuing my PhD. Most of the guys I thought had gone ahead of me back then are still living with their first degrees!

Then came marriage...
My guys who married around same time as me all had their own cars before their wedding. Bro, I did all things I could to get even a small car too before my wedding, just to measure up... but nothing worked! I even got scammed in the process! But Lo! exactly 3 months after my wedding I was offered a giveaway-priced car! and while my guys bought Hondas, Nissans etc before their weddings, Behold I rode a Mercedes Benz C class in their midst! Many of them couldn't conceal their envy...

Then came owning house...
Again, many of them started building their own houses while I was managing a rented 2BDR flat! 5 -10 years after some of them had become landlords, God picked my call too! I bought a Manor House in a choice area with the option of mortgage or installment payments. My guys came over to see my property and one of them commented thus; "You no dey quick launch, but when you launch ehn, na oppressor "!... It didn't stop there, now as I type, by God's grace, I lord over many landed properties!

So, my young man. God alone gives grace and power to succeed. By strength and struggle, no man can add a single inch to his height in life. Wait for your time! Trust in God and don't envy no one!

It's good you're forward thinking in starting a venture, but I advice you, put the knowledge you have acquired in school to use... perhaps that's what will make the difference. They ( your guys) have spent their time learning the tricks of their trade, give yours too a good shot.

You'll succeed!

24 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by hustla(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2020
dannywest:
Never compare.

You've no idea if they envy your degree.

We tend to think very short term in this country.

Degree wy no bring money, what is the use?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs / Joseph Ebosa 'Young Don', Meet Delta State Young Multi Millionaire (Photos) / Aliyu Abubakar's House: The Most Expensive Mansion In Abuja, Land Cost N1Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.