Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike (66452 Views)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / I Never New After My Nysc I Can Make This Far With This Business / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Pins(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
seunmsg:
So what? There is no big deal about your friends buying land while you were doing your NYSC. Just get a good job and in less than two years, you will surpass all their achievements.

If you want to hustle until you land your dream job, please do. There is no crime in legit hustle. But please, don’t ever think that your education is a waste. Even if you decide to go into business, your education will stand you out and give you an edge.
This is what school teaches you, get good grades and pass out and get a good job. Newsflash the jobs have been exhausted and now people are seeking for cheap labor and are not much fans of employing graduates. Even your banks use more of contract staff doing full time job. For me personally the education that is most important is primary and secondary except for those that want to enter very delicate lines that they just need to read and pass to be useful in their industry like doctors and lawyers most of the other professions you don't even need school at all to do well in them.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
dannywest:
Never compare.

You've no idea if they envy your degree.

We tend to think very short term in this country.

That was 30 years ago.
Nobody envies a university degree again in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Davicl: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
That's because school does not teach how to make money but to be a slave to money.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by colestephan86: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
ubcandid:

transporting from the north or within your vicinity?
My vicinity .

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Kaolaniyi(m): 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
Writercruze:
My guy, I perfectly understand what you are going through, it can be frustrating. But you are a million times better than your guys who are buying lands and building houses through their every day Okada riding business.

You aren't alone on this, there are several other graduates out there who are facing the same problem. But it's not your fault. It's not your fault that after graduation you are contemplating on becoming an OKADA rider. It's our unrealistic and unorganized educational system I blame.

That's why you will see a graduate of Mechanical engineering who can't even open an engine or tight a bolt. Similarly, I have seen electrical engineering graduate who couldn't fix a ceiling fan. Some computer science graduates in Nigeria can't operate system very well.

So, it's a systemic issue.

But I advise you not to get an OKADA, trust me, it's not what you should be thinking right now.

Let me ask you a quick question; What did you study in school?

Why don't you learn skills like programming, computer engineering, software engineering, mobile engineering, content writing, graphic design etc.

With these skills, you can easily become a freelancer. Talking of freelancer, here's a resources on how to become a freelance ===> https://sidehustlepoint.com/how-to-become-a-freelancer/

If you need more guidance or assistance, drop a comment after reading the article on how to become a freelancer. I will genuinely teach you how you can earn enough to achieve all the things your friends have achieved within a year. And I will teach you FREE of CHARGE. But you must be willing to learn...

I know life after graduation is very tough. But be optimistic, nothing good comes easy. Las las God Nor go shame us ooo.

I will be very happy if you can also teach me free of charge am still an undergraduate but I don't want to regret of not taking actions now before my nysc I learn from other people mistake and experience
This is my whatapp number 08140250473 will be waiting for your reply
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ubcandid(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
colestephan86:

My vicinity .

ok. can you shed more light on this? is it that you have a truck and take the bulk pepper to different locations for them, or you're in the market and transport when a customer is in need.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by viktor88: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
seunmsg:
So what? There is no big deal about your friends buying land while you were doing your NYSC. Just get a good job and in less than two years, you will surpass all their achievements.

If you want to hustle until you land your dream job, please do. There is no crime in legit hustle. But please, don’t ever think that your education is a waste. Even if you decide to go into business, your education will stand you out and give you an edge.
Where the job dey?

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by backbone503(m): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
No be everybody go make am from book, likewise everybody no go ever make am for street. Street smart, book smart. The aim na to make am, and the end justifies the means.

5 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by zinaunreal(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Na by land

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by stonecoldcafe: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:
Need Your Prayers On My New Adventure

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I ecision isn't bad?

A lil prayer for me won't be bad

Go for it if your heart is there. Drive safe
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by xnsandrxns: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

Good luck
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by IDERAWOLE(m): 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

I hope you're not looking for sympathy or back slapping with this post.

You've done well with the sense you posted here.

You need to start from where you are without envying your village friends who didn't go to school but doing some nice things for themselves.

This is to show all of us that school isn't just a means of getting money, you can get money legitimately without school.

However, if you go school with the right understanding of it's purpose, you're better than those village guys a hundred times. I give them 4yrs from now if you know what to do o!

You may start with okada riding but your exposure in school should be a plus for you.

Those village guys may even be using a better smartphone than what you have, they shouldn't be better user of it than you.

Part of your educational training is in knowing how to make, manage and multiply money, but I doubt you're taught anything close to that, and that's why every Nigerian want to be in civil service or politics to loot our money.

With your smartphone, a good opportunity awaits anyone to become financially stable and increasing in wealth, unfortunately those who use phone for business are majorly scammers.

You don't have to be a scammer. With proper mentorship program you begin your journey to stable financial Life.

DM me via my signature below for how you can use your smartphone to start a new life.

Meanwhile, use your okada carefully to make some money for the MENTORSHIP program.

You'll thank me later if follow this advise.

Drive that okada like a graduate and be different from the local village guys. Safety is important o!

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by coast27(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
I like your spirit bro, it's a great business idea never mind if you go University or not just do your hustle and pray to God for further direction.

I am a serving Corper too, since and I will be rounding up in the next two months... they first question that comes to corpers' mind is what next after service especially Guys who has family to take care of... so

I am serving and I still earn some token Online instead of wasting time. so far I have made a little, you can check my thread to know more. so far,

if you are serving Corper or unemployed looking for some work to earn you some money online, you can chat me up ( check my signature) it's absolutely free. God bless our Hustle ♥️
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Bigfish121(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
To be successful these days does not require you to be educated.but education though is an added advantage because you will reason far beyond your mates.so my advice to you is to stay focused and also try and read some educative books.it is going to help you alot.
Shalom!!!

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by alismah01: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
Yeah it's possible bro because people are making for online these days. Contact me if you want to earn $50 daily on binary trading. olalimi2013@gmail.com
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Thelucifer666(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Thanks for your suggestion, but have weighed my options bro and I think it's little bit okay n I have equally prayed about it. It's just for a while let's say from now till December let me raise like 250k then I'll start up something come January
Use your savings to play 2 odds bro.
Atletico go win today.
Barca to score 1-3 goals tomorrow
That na 4 odds.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Segzy19: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Good for them.
Everyone will not tow same path.

Anybody can build a house. Vulcanised, Okada/taxi driver, carpenter etc. Doing well and building houses is not only for the educated...

Your schooling is not so that you can build a house. Your education has an invaluable worth... The effect of your education, if used properly will forever impact you and future family positively.

Bro, think long-term...

Your education is not a waste...
Combe your education with whatever trade you want to do, and you will have an edge than your friends.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Roseey0(f): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
If na the land and house others get dey drive you. My dear, you will be lost in this land.

Distinguish yourself.
Not everything is money.
Build a career path and work towards it.
You go still big pass them in the future if your head is there.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
You can start POS business

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ogundeleai(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
ambitiouschap17:
God will bless you in all your endeavours bro
,,Waoh!!! Good,Excellent summary
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Gerrard59(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
pmoye:
Life is a solo race. You start having peace when you stop comparing yourself with others, and importantly when you understand that the rule of success in life has nothing to do with the path you have chosen.

If I could go back in time to when I was about to fill my JAMB form, I definitely wouldn't chose a professional course. I would choose a 4-year course, at a school that would not waste my time. I would finish, do NYSC, and never return to school for MSc and PhD. Why doing Undergraduate I would apprentice myself with a business owner, offer my time for free if I must, and jump into full-time business during NYSC and after.

And yes, I wouldn't leave the country. I would sit put and do business, only traveling out for business or for vacation.

The Nigerian economy with its toxic inflation is never designed for salary earners no matter how much salary you are paid. Business is the only engagement that can respond dynamically to the changing prices of things.

You wrote the bold as if the business isn't generating revenue in naira. Unless you are earning dollars for your entrepreneurial products or services, you are no different from the average salary earner in naira. Worse still, you cannot increase prices arbitrarily because purchasing power is low.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Littlefingerjp: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

School na Scam
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by etrange: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
So? Some guys that went to school also bought lands.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by alpharoyalty: 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Life is not a place for competition, pray fervently, do whatever your heart tells you to do. Also, it does not necessarily mean that you must work with that certificate, if you find a good business pls go fully into it, as you also look out for a good job. May God bless whatever you lay your hands to do.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ajl: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
And why is that your own problem? Focus on your own life and career, and don't justify a crime you may be planning to commit in the future.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by alizma: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

First is a good thing that you have decide to do something without wasting much time. I was once in your shoes, I did the same job, Mason all through my school days and briefly after I graduated, that was before service anyway.
My advice is that you should go with the spirit you have which made you to believe if they can save 10k, you can save 15k but don't be discouraged by their success. Don't think they are already ahead of you because their are a lot of things you have that will double the speed and organize your achievement that they don't have. Just be focus
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by eROCK247(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

I'm glad you didn't allow your academic status to stop you from facing reality. If you apply the dedication needed to be a graduate in the business, you'll definitely succeed.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Cleanworld(f): 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

You will exhale in life remember every Mallam to his on kettle. so don't run your life race with another man's horse. God will bless the work of your hands and your certificate will not be wasted. Remember the day shall come when you will look back and realized that land pass land and house pass house, keep focusing, it shall be well with you.,

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by wildcatter23(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Thanks for your suggestion, but have weighed my options bro and I think it's little bit okay n I have equally prayed about it. It's just for a while let's say from now till December let me raise like 250k then I'll start up something come January

Let me weigh in on this matter. I congratulate you on taking a chance on the road to success. The Bible says never neglect the days of humble beginnings.

Well I have a friend who has done so well for himself that started far below your own station.

He started out working in a factory and he eat cheaply and saved every single money that came his way. In time he acquired a motorcycle that he put into hire purchase. He remained committed in his factory work. He bought another motorcycle. The two motorcycle gave birth to four motorcycle.

He moved the money into a golf and went into business for himself. He replaced the golf with a Camry and continued his transport business. Next he sold his car and went to learn a trade. He used his proceeds from the car sales to fund the trade. He exhibited thrift and industry.

There after today he owns houses, cars and what you have but he started his life with just his sweat.

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by tot(f): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
Pins:
This is what school teaches you, get good grades and pass out and get a good job. Newsflash the jobs have been exhausted and now people are seeking for cheap labor and are not much fans of employing graduates. Even your banks use more of contract staff doing full time job. For me personally the education that is most important is primary and secondary except for those that want to enter very delicate lines that they just need to read and pass to be useful in their industry like doctors and lawyers most of the other professions you don't even need school at all to do well in them.

It's also about developing critical reasoning and also soft skills which might not necessarily be taught in secondary schools. Higher education is very important.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs / Joseph Ebosa 'Young Don', Meet Delta State Young Multi Millionaire (Photos) / Aliyu Abubakar's House: The Most Expensive Mansion In Abuja, Land Cost N1Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.