Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike (66442 Views)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / I Never New After My Nysc I Can Make This Far With This Business / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Sammyblaq(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Follow your heart bro. Education in this contraption is scam!.

Make Obama = https:///2PNj98J

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by kabanayol9(m): 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:
Need Your Prayers On My New Adventure

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

A lil prayer for me won't be bad
Thank GOD for you that you still had little savings, get an okada and start from there bro pending things will be ok.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by OkCornel(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
brigadier747:

Completey dumb talk...wake from ur slumber, d op has taken a step and will keep moving, ur type are d type dat roam from one cyber cafe to d other, or keep begging for sub..day dreaming of one scholarship or d other when ur guys have started small and moving up..its gud u do d scholarship thing as a last option

This “cyber cafe” and where “I’m begging for sub” must really be good. cheesy

Never assume everyone is struggling for daily alms as you do. Bad energy...stay far away cheesy

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Poorboy: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
Writercruze:
My guy, I perfectly understand what you are going through, it can be frustrating. But you are a million times better than your guys who are buying lands and building houses through their every day Okada riding business.

You aren't alone on this, there are several other graduates out there who are facing the same problem. But it's not your fault. It's not your fault that after graduation you are contemplating on becoming an OKADA rider. It's our unrealistic and unorganized educational system I blame.

That's why you will see a graduate of Mechanical engineering who can't even open an engine or tight a bolt. Similarly, I have seen electrical engineering graduate who couldn't fix a ceiling fan. Some computer science graduates in Nigeria can't operate system very well.

So, it's a systemic issue.

But I advise you not to get an OKADA, trust me, it's not what you should be thinking right now.

Let me ask you a quick question; What did you study in school?

Why don't you learn skills like programming, computer engineering, software engineering, mobile engineering, content writing, graphic design etc.

With these skills, you can easily become a freelancer. Talking of freelancer, here's a resources on how to become a freelance ===> https://sidehustlepoint.com/how-to-become-a-freelancer/

If you need more guidance or assistance, drop a comment after reading the article on how to become a freelancer. I will genuinely teach you how you can earn enough to achieve all the things your friends have achieved within a year. And I will teach you FREE of CHARGE. But you must be willing to learn...

I know life after graduation is very tough. But be optimistic, nothing good comes easy. Las las God Nor go shame us ooo.
interested
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by IkUKU01(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Which kind radarada country be this?? [color=#770077][/color]
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by jice(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
Life is not competitionn. Face your life and plan and forget those who you think have overtaken you. Life nah by turn-by-turn

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by einsteine(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
Stop comparing yourself with others.

You should have forfeited NYSC and gotten an Okada since that's what you really want.

The purpose of education is not because you are supposed to buy land.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Elsueno: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
OkCornel:
Pursue a scholarship and leave the country.

See the bigger picture. Don’t give your best years to a country whose economy is horribly managed.

Further your studies on a scholarship outside the country. Nail down a decent job, earn some forex and then set up export oriented investments in Naija.

I’ll always say this, with the current arrangement of things in Naija, you only need to see 4 different faces serve two terms each as President (and governors at state level) and before you know it, 32 years of your life is gone. The picture below explains it better.

My two cents. Peace

Hope you are also going abroad for business after concluding ur schooling, cause with these Corona thousands are loosing thier jobs over thier as well

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Benwallt(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
Yours is going to be slow but steady. Don't despair

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by OkCornel(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Elsueno:

Hope you are also going abroad for business after concluding ur schooling, cause with these Corona thousands are loosing thier jobs over thier as well

Corona virus is not here to stay forever. This is a temporary disruption in the scheme of things. Life will bounce back to normal. The world has seen similar, if not worse crises of this scale in the past.

And of course, the best thing to venture into either in good or bad times are essential commodities...hence my advice "set up export oriented business in Naija, while you're abroad" You'll get the best of both worlds that way.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by tellwisdom: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Thanks for your suggestion, but have weighed my options bro and I think it's little bit okay n I have equally prayed about it. It's just for a while let's say from now till December let me raise like 250k then I'll start up something come January

You wan raise 250k from now till December? Na dead body u wan de carry??
Better bring the money make we use am drink beer, chop nkwobi angry
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by nnamdi640: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
OkCornel:

Unfortunately, I'm not armed with loads of advisory information on this area. But one which can really help is the common wealth scholarship scheme with which you can further your studies in the UK. This scheme is open to citizens of common wealth countries of which Nigeria is a member.

Why UK is a good option now? well they're revising their immigration system to allow M.Sc graduates stay back and work for at least two years. Also, PhD holders no longer require a certificate of sponsorship to obtain work permit.

Other bits I know of are tuition free Universities in Germany, but the requirements to get there and eventually become a citizen...I don't know much.

You could browse through the Travel section of this platform, I'm pretty sure there are loads of valuable info there.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by sylve11: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmm o. cool
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by slimanyd: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

A SON OF NOBODY that wants to become SOMEBODY without knowing ANYBODY must not think like EVERYBODY�

I come in peace �‍♂️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by einsteine(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
If education is trash as some people have been led by poverty to say, why do many rich, illiterate traders spend a lot of money to get their kids the best education?

The extreme poverty in Nigeria has made a lot of people think everything in life should be predicated on money. Imagine we were having a game of chess one fine evening and an idiot walked up to us to ask how much we were earning from the game

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Deborah98(f): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
Wow God bless you bro even as you endeavor to make ends meet to make your parents happy not minding the country we have found ourselves, someone will graduate,stay at home for long before getting work,it's well. Good luck to your dear.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Deborah98(f): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
slimanyd:

A SON OF NOBODY that wants to become SOMEBODY without knowing ANYBODY must not think like EVERYBODY�

I come in peace �‍♂️
meaning?that's your kind words ni abi what sef

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Judolisco(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

no kill yourself land never finish

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by pasol4real(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
It’s really amazing how ppl see ssce holders as not been educated. It really baffles me.
Most of the things i know today I learnt when I was in secondary school not university.

5 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by fairygeh(f): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
You shall excel in whatever you lay your hands upon in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by HELLASJ(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
nice idea anyways don't compare yourself with anyone
you've got what they don't have and they got what you don't have.
so it's let's for you to balance up
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by AngelicBeing: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
sad
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Kingluqman(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Be wise bro! Get someone (friend or relative) to act as the owner of the okada, introduce that person as military personnel to the rider. Make the rider known that you are just an intermediary and you wouldn’t want any problem with the officer. The officer will make it known to the rider should be paying into your account as you are in charge of it. E no go try delay your alert. Been collecting mine soft with this little trick grin.
Futurejoy:

So that the person will be giving him stories that touches the heart every week

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by LordOfTheGame: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmmm bro this your idea of starting a legit hustling is not bad at all but what is wrong is the idea that if your friends can be saving up to 10k for a week then you being single will automatically overtake them. Destinies are different and more so, determination plays a part. You went to school because you were told that's the shortest route to success but now have to face the reality which is life after school. My advice, don't a "flexible" fellow. Be focused and stick to what works for you. I'm writing from personal experience. I went to school because I need to upgrade myself and not because my friends were in school. In fact, while they were in school, I was doing my mason and building works and they were seeing me then a less privileged but unserious person. I had my challenges but today, things turned around as I upgraded myself and my reasoning, I'm far more above some of them now. But in all, let God lead you.
Good luck bro...
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by segun18(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

You will be great but my brother stay away from women for now and hustle well. I repeat stay away from women for now.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by 2cribz: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
No be by land na. My guy travel go europe

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Olawale118(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
See ehn... there's a time for everyone and a season for everybody. When it's your time, you will buy yours also. Starting early doesn't guarantee finishing early... something like that

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by JuwonBobo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
Bro..Life is no competiton, remember? Obama retired as the POTUS @ the age of 55 While Oga Trump com start him own for 71. See say life no balance..

This us what I have for you:

Stay true to the game (hustle)

Pray

Never Give Up (Remember when you give up on those plans, dreams, aspirations etc, you are no longer living)

My 2cents..

@EG XCHANGE

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by colestephan86: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

No be lie o, though I have graduated since 2012 , you won't believe I do save between 14 and 20k weekly from transporting pepper for aboki boys in my area between 4am and 6.30 am every single day, that's aside my steel business.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Roman7(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Who school help

Being educated is no sure bet you would be way ahead of your friends that didn't go to school up to your level .

Just work hard , stay focused and true to your hustle and pray for Grace .

U for no go school na.....
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by jay7(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
Just believe in yourself bro, pray and huzzle but stop comparing your life with others. "Your own beans too go done oneday"
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ubcandid(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
colestephan86:

No be lie o, though I have graduated since 2012 , you won't believe I do save between 14 and 20k weekly from transporting pepper for aboki boys in my area between 4am and 6.30 am every single day, that's aside my steel business.

transporting from the north or within your vicinity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs / Joseph Ebosa 'Young Don', Meet Delta State Young Multi Millionaire (Photos) / Aliyu Abubakar's House: The Most Expensive Mansion In Abuja, Land Cost N1Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.