Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,221 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike (66430 Views)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / I Never New After My Nysc I Can Make This Far With This Business / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Bassmetrics:
God will surely see u thru bro!

Dis is my story, mayb u can pick courage from it!

I trained myself in d uni via okada, graduated with good result with profnal certs, finished service but cudnt land well paid job. I made a resolution never to go bak to okada, not cos of anytin, jst a personal decision. I got job offers but if d hustle dey ur body u no fit settle for a monthly pay less ur earnings from d hustle. Just like ur ordeal,some of my frnds dat never attended sch had well fed families,had lands,built house with good biz. To some extent, I was discouraged. I was blaming mysef for using my hustle to go to uni instead of investing in biz.
With d help of one of my coursemates, I first ventured into one online biz, made few cash but lost abt a million in a year. For d second time, I became devasted and confused. I had to go back 2 square one...learnt a skill n kicked off a small biz(nylon production). Like play like play d altitude came bak, I ventured into a more bigger biz...As God may have it, in less dan 2yrs I bought my own land, completed our family house and warming up for anoda small structure.

One tin I learnt is, never to give up, my schooling was never a waste, though not employed but it's helping me in biz..,not forgetting I can still be employed if i choose to. Importantly, I neva took to pride cos am a graduate, I humbled mysef. In fact d (foodstuff) biz am into 2da was tot me by my frnd who is not a graduate. I respect him and he respects me too. Some customers here upon learning dat am a graduate become shocked dat a graduate can mellow and do dis kind of biz..but who cares? So long it feeds me well, degree can goto hell. I have not gotten there, am also on d lookout for better opportunities.

My dear, jst stay focused, u will get there one day IJN Amen!

Amen.. again, am inspired
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:20am On Aug 14, 2020
Crochet:
Continue your hussle and never compare yourself with anyone. Everyone has his or her own time. The only two thing you need for now is for you to be patient and focus.

Thanks bro
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:22am On Aug 14, 2020
lowkeybahdguy:

God bless your hustle bro..

Amen. Thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:22am On Aug 14, 2020
lordess:
It is the blessing of GOD upon the work of
Your hand that makes you rich without sorrows.

May the blessing of the ALMIGHTY GOD rest
Upon the work of your heart.

Stay blessed.

Amen. Thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:23am On Aug 14, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
If I tell them University in Nigeria nah scam they no go believe, so after all the gree gree nah okada you end , chai

I no end here.. just a stepping stone sister, better they on the way. Shalom
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nyenom: 12:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Kingluqman:
You may buy the Okada but please don’t be the one to ride it. Give it to someone, I think the weekly delivery money � s 10k/week depending on your location. Why not POS business after getting the okada.

I don't think so.. reasons; let him give it a trial because based on experience, many have done it that way and are left in regrets of stories from the caretakers of either okada/drivers who will be just and faithful...
So Do The Dare And Scare Off The devil In U.. May God See You Through this Life Tuggle and Struggles
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:31am On Aug 14, 2020
stonecoldcafe:

Go for it if your heart is there. Drive safe

Thanks.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:36am On Aug 14, 2020
alismah01:
Yeah it's possible bro because people are making for online these days. Contact me if you want to earn $50 daily on binary trading. olalimi2013@gmail.com

HV sent you a mail. Thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:37am On Aug 14, 2020
Thelucifer666:

Use your savings to play 2 odds bro.
Atletico go win today.
Barca to score 1-3 goals tomorrow
That na 4 odds.

Atletico lost bros. Your advice strong oo
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:38am On Aug 14, 2020
alpharoyalty:
Life is not a place for competition, pray fervently, do whatever your heart tells you to do. Also, it does not necessarily mean that you must work with that certificate, if you find a good business pls go fully into it, as you also look out for a good job. May God bless whatever you lay your hands to do.

Amen thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:41am On Aug 14, 2020
Cleanworld:

You will exhale in life remember every Mallam to his on kettle. so don't run your life race with another man's horse. God will bless the work of your hands and your certificate will not be wasted. Remember the day shall come when you will look back and realized that land pass land and house pass house, keep focusing, it shall be well with you.,

Amen. Thanks I appreciate
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:42am On Aug 14, 2020
wildcatter23:

Let me weigh in on this matter. I congratulate you on taking a chance on the road to success. The Bible says never neglect the days of humble beginnings.

Well I have a friend who has done so well for himself that started far below your own station.

He started out working in a factory and he eat cheaply and saved every single money that came his way. In time he acquired a motorcycle that he put into hire purchase. He remained committed in his factory work. He bought another motorcycle. The two motorcycle gave birth to four motorcycle.

He moved the money into a golf and went into business for himself. He replaced the golf with a Camry and continued his transport business. Next he sold his car and went to learn a trade. He used his proceeds from the car sales to fund the trade. He exhibited thrift and industry.

There after today he owns houses, cars and what you have but he started his life with just his sweat.
Am encouraged with ur above write up, am sure I will get there one day. Thanks bro
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:45am On Aug 14, 2020
Deborah98:
Wow God bless you bro even as you endeavor to make ends meet to make your parents happy not minding the country we have found ourselves, someone will graduate,stay at home for long before getting work,it's well. Good luck to your dear.

Amen. Thanks sis
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:46am On Aug 14, 2020
fairygeh:
You shall excel in whatever you lay your hands upon in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:47am On Aug 14, 2020
LordOfTheGame:
Hmmm bro this your idea of starting a legit hustling is not bad at all but what is wrong is the idea that if your friends can be saving up to 10k for a week then you being single will automatically overtake them. Destinies are different and more so, determination plays a part. You went to school because you were told that's the shortest route to success but now have to face the reality which is life after school. My advice, don't a "flexible" fellow. Be focused and stick to what works for you. I'm writing from personal experience. I went to school because I need to upgrade myself and not because my friends were in school. In fact, while they were in school, I was doing my mason and building works and they were seeing me then a less privileged but unserious person. I had my challenges but today, things turned around as I upgraded myself and my reasoning, I'm far more above some of them now. But in all, let God lead you.
Good luck bro...

Amen. Thanks a lot
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:48am On Aug 14, 2020
segun18:

You will be great but my brother stay away from women for now and hustle well. I repeat stay away from women for now.

God bless you

I will. Amen to your prayers
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:49am On Aug 14, 2020
colestephan86:

No be lie o, though I have graduated since 2012 , you won't believe I do save between 14 and 20k weekly from transporting pepper for aboki boys in my area between 4am and 6.30 am every single day, that's aside my steel business.

God bless you bro
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:50am On Aug 14, 2020
jay7:
Just believe in yourself bro, pray and huzzle but stop comparing your life with others. "Your own beans too go done oneday"

Amen
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:52am On Aug 14, 2020
maximunimpact:
Hey, find a way to contact me when you can
How do I contact you sir? Your phone number would be appreciated or email add
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:09am On Aug 14, 2020
TrippleEEE:
Don't Free Mason. Mah Guy!

God bless your hustle.
Amen
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:11am On Aug 14, 2020
Ajibolaowolabi:
May God bless your hustle my brother, what i will say is that make sure you meet up with your timeline and don't extend it beyond your target date because of your health, be focused on it. after meeting your target, you can give the bike to another rider who can still be doing delivering to you or better still you can sell it off to add to the money saved. and another things is that which ever account you are making the savings to, don't collect the ATM card of that account and don't put their app on your phone until you achieve your target.

Noted. Thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:11am On Aug 14, 2020
BKsoul:
God will always be there for you at all times... you will succeed in jesus name. God bless you.
Amen. Thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:13am On Aug 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Decree GOD'S FAVOR upon you..

The FAVOR of GOD will Pursue, Embrace and Embarass you in The Name of JESUS..

Just Flee away from Sin of any kind..

Walk with My DADDY!

I will Hear your Testimony..

Ameeeeeeeen

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:15am On Aug 14, 2020
Soar2019:
* buying a bike would have been a great adventure but for your opening remark * cos ur friend who did not go to school.....*
Are u kidding me?

I have a step brother who didn’t go to school but venture into farming and cocoa merchandise (cos that was our father’s work/business)... Now he is got houses huge lands and big cars .... so what?

I don’t have any of the above listed... does that make him better than me ? No! Does my schooling make me better than him ...? Never!! Never!!

That’s his passion and and he find fortune in it...I have followed mine too

My friend... you just came back from service you need to relax and take out time for what will fetch you durable riches and future fortune ...

Why on earth will you put urself on same pedestal as ur friend riding a bike ( do u think he is happy doing that?)

As I can see ... riding a bike is not your genre .. I will not advise you to go further ... but since u have bought one you may give someone for daily or weekly delivery
But for you ...
Sit down and ask urself what u really want to do with ur life ... no man on earth worth your reference... and I mean no man!
you are too much for that ‘thing’ u call house and land... get off my sight jare... you fall my hand!!!

Bro no vex for me, you know we humans we are easily moved by what we see (@the present)
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:21am On Aug 14, 2020
ImaIma1:

What were your plans when you went to the university? You studied a course for at least four years.

Was your plan to finish all that only to come be an okada rider? At least try to apply for jobs and improve your skills.

Your friend's destinies and choices are not yours. The fact that they are making it through okada riding doesn't mean that is the way you have to make it.

Think twice before you go into it because it shapes you from here on out...your mentality, your mindset, your ambition and expectations.

When you start riding, just have it at the back of your mind that it is what you might end up with. What skills will you develop riding okada that will be of help for you to secure a job later.

Please think of the future before making a decision. Stop letting friends' lifestyles entice you. Live your own life.
I have already applied in different parastatals, inec, civil defence, immigration etc even this recent npower not to talk of NGOs. Applications HV submitted are close to 50, HV been invited for some so my sister I actually know what am doing
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Positiveme2020:

Buy your bike and start your hustle before you spend all your savings. Goodluck to you.

Thanks bro
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:22am On Aug 14, 2020
lordess:
GOD will bless the work of your hands

Create and Produce Value. Offer it to the right people.
Offer it to lots and lots of people.

Take a leap of faith and make the move.

Never start comparing yourself with/to others.

Do well to educate yourself on practical financial
management.

Read books on entrepreneurship, business, money,
finances.

Build mental capacity. Build performance capacity.

Nothing happens just like that.

Take massive actions. Take responsibility for your life.

Stay Blessed.

Amen. Thanks a lot
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:24am On Aug 14, 2020
NofiuFade:
hope you are not in Lagos Sha because Lagos state govt/task force were seriously clamping down on bike riders, and consider the risk involve' can you try figure out other business??

Those friends of yours don hammer taytay from bike business, it's no more lucrative police and task force will just turn you to their normal ATM, or they will just seize the bike. They even go to an extend of arresting private bike riders...

Don't go that lane bro!

Am in Delta
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Writercruze:
My guy, I perfectly understand what you are going through, it can be frustrating. But you are a million times better than your guys who are buying lands and building houses through their every day Okada riding business.

You aren't alone on this, there are several other graduates out there who are facing the same problem. But it's not your fault. It's not your fault that after graduation you are contemplating on becoming an OKADA rider. It's our unrealistic and unorganized educational system I blame.

That's why you will see a graduate of Mechanical engineering who can't even open an engine or tight a bolt. Similarly, I have seen electrical engineering graduate who couldn't fix a ceiling fan. Some computer science graduates in Nigeria can't operate system very well.

So, it's a systemic issue.

But I advise you not to get an OKADA, trust me, it's not what you should be thinking right now.

Let me ask you a quick question; What did you study in school?

Why don't you learn skills like programming, computer engineering, software engineering, mobile engineering, content writing, graphic design etc.

With these skills, you can easily become a freelancer. Talking of freelancer, here's a resources on how to become a freelance ===> https://sidehustlepoint.com/how-to-become-a-freelancer/

If you need more guidance or assistance, drop a comment after reading the article on how to become a freelancer. I will genuinely teach you how you can earn enough to achieve all the things your friends have achieved within a year. And I will teach you FREE of CHARGE. But you must be willing to learn...

I know life after graduation is very tough. But be optimistic, nothing good comes easy. Las las God Nor go shame us ooo.

Am in bro..
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Btruth:
I like your courage. And the Lord will see you through all your endeavor in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:37am On Aug 14, 2020
justified007:

Why venturing into okada business like them when you can just venture into more dignifying and less stressful business like POS , Bet9ja , business center and computer training school etc ? You will even make more money than them if everything goes on fine

The number of POS spot here is something else, very many. am even sure some of them don't even make any transaction some days
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 1:41am On Aug 14, 2020
Awoleesu:
My dear,
I understand your frustration. But I'll advice you don't do rational decision! Everything about life is according to time.

Let me share my story with you:

Seeking admission into tertiary institutions in our days was a herculean venture. I gained admission about 3 years after passing out of secondary school. Within the periods sitting at home, I hated myself because even my juniors in school would inform me they'd been admitted to so and so university... and I'd think here am I wasting away! Well, in those periods also I'd unconsciously learned some life lessons that would remain with me forever! - The race is not for the swift! FFwd, today, I am not just a graduate but pursuing my PhD. Most of the guys I thought had gone ahead of me back then are still living with their first degrees!

Then came marriage...
My guys who married around same time as me all had their own cars before their wedding. Bro, I did all things I could to get even a small car too before my wedding, just to measure up... but nothing worked! I even got scammed in the process! But Lo! exactly 3 months after my wedding I was offered a giveaway-priced car! and while my guys bought Hondas, Nissans etc before their weddings, Behold I rode a Mercedes Benz C class in their midst! Many of them couldn't conceal their envy...

Then came owning house...
Again, many of them started building their own houses while I was managing a rented 2BDR flat! 5 -10 years after some of them had become landlords, God picked my call too! I bought a Manor House in a choice area with the option of mortgage or installment payments. My guys came over to see my property and one of them commented thus; "You no dey quick launch, but when you launch ehn, na oppressor "!... It didn't stop there, now as I type, by God's grace, I lord over many landed properties!

So, my young man. God alone gives grace and power to succeed. By strength and struggle, no man can add a single inch to his height in life. Wait for your time! Trust in God and don't envy no one!

It's good you're forward thinking in starting a venture, but I advice you, put the knowledge you have acquired in school to use... perhaps that's what will make the difference. They ( your guys) have spent their time learning the tricks of their trade, give yours too a good shot.

You'll succeed!

You've uplifted my spirit.amen. thanks sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) / 5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs / Joseph Ebosa 'Young Don', Meet Delta State Young Multi Millionaire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.