Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria (17501 Views)

14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. / Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
South Africa 2000 years in front of Nigeria
Kenya 500 years in front of Nigeria
Ghana 500 years in front of Nigeria
Tanzania 500 yen in front of Nigeria
Rwanda 250 years in front of Nigeria
Angola to 255 years in front of Nigeria
Ethiopia 500 years in front of Nigeria
Algeria 500 years in front of Nigeria

all of this country are in front of Nigeria in all aspects. Whoever wants to add his own country to the list can go ahead
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
More disaster for Nigeria Nigerians are now saying that Zimbabwe is better and zimbabweans are more honest

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
TayserMahrii:

Hey Buddy grin
The main thread was unceremoniously shut and the blame goes to the mannerless hobbits. A kickass thread would be between Mzansi, Naija & 254. Such a triosome of roasting is just what we need grin grin

Let me try calling out the naughty felas....mtisthequbit, shma, gallivant, ednited, jln115
kikuyu1, theenchanter, forgiveness, abohboy, grin

Since that thread was closed NL has never been the same again.

6 Likes

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
I forgot to mention Zimbabwe and Botswana you're also welcome here
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
theenchanter:
guy, I really like that thread, I wonder why someone would make that thread go like that!!

Its a thread where I spend my spare time on NL and I love kicking rvp's arse. grin

Why didn't u call ur double nemesis... Oba and Sammy? cheesy

With the kind of infantile exchanges in the final days it was destined to go. I've actually replied to sammy here. No need to call the mayhem guy Oba. He'll soon be here causing all sorts of commotion like this grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2wjfnsbYy8
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

Don't worry at all I am ready to make 1000 more I will keep on trying until my heart stops

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by jude79(m): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

yes I have to keep on telling the truth.
If you know the ship is going to sink I want the people that the ship is going to send at least some of them can put life vest and enter the life raft. But now if This Ship is going to sink and you do not want anybody the people I do wedding and party fooling themselves when the ship goes down they only have their self to blame

Apt
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Fine living cool

4 Likes

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

True. The closer should have expelled the nuisance guys instead of closing it. Talk of burning the entire house to get rid of a few moles.

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hot rod cool

2 Likes

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saddamochieng00:
Hot rod cool

Only in the 254

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by theenchanter: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
TayserMahrii:

With the kind of infantile exchanges in the final days it was destined to go. I've actually replied to sammy here. No need to call the mayhem guy Oba. He'll soon be here causing all sorts of commotion like this grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2wjfnsbYy8
cheesy
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nairobi night life..

3 Likes

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
TayserMahrii:

Only in the 254

Lazima tupush ii thread otherwise me na NL tutaishana tu ivo... cry
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
theenchanter:
cheesy

Once upon a time me n chanter had that sort of dyadic convo that needs to return grin
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
My Naija people do you know that women in Nairobi pay for their own drinks...Can Naija babes even

3 Likes

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

Lazima tupush ii thread otherwise me na NL tutaishana tu ivo... cry

Kweli.. hakuna kitu ingine interesting.

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Don't worry at all I am ready to make 1000 more I will keep on trying until my heart stops

You must push this thread until it gets to them
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:16pm On Aug 18, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
Beautiful people

4 Likes

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
This chip-eating Kenyan comic is keeping Africans entertained on social media

(CNN)Elsa Majimbo is taking over social media by providing comic relief on Instagram and Twitter amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Kenyan comic, whose relatable monologues often go viral, films from her home in Nairobi, the country's capital city.

Majimbo first went viral after posting a video in March when initial restrictions such as intermittent lockdowns, border controls, and closure of schools and restaurants were imposed by the Kenyan government to curb the spread of Covid-19.

In the video, the 19-year-old talked about being in isolation at the time and wanting to be left alone.

"Ever since corona started, we've all been in isolation, and I like, miss no one," she said, laughing and eating potato-based crunchy chips in the video.

"Why am I missing you? There is no reason for me to miss you... do I pay your rent? Do I provide food for you? Why are you missing me?" she added, still laughing.

The quirky humor in the video earned Majimbo many reshares and more than 250,000 views from users across the continent, including South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria.

She told CNN she did not expect the video to get as much attention as it did, but many people related to it.

"It was the time we had just gotten to lockdown, and everyone was telling me they missed me, and I literally like being away from people, so I thought to myself, 'Let me make a video about that,'" she said.

"I did not expect all the attention, but it happened, and I am glad it did."

Since going viral, Majimbo has made more videos combining dry humor and criticism around the subject matters she decides to film about.

Many of the videos have more than 250,000 views on Instagram and an average of 50,000 views on Twitter.

Some of the videos have also been featured on American owned cable channel, Comedy Central.

Eating crunchy chips
Majimbo often incorporates eating crunchy chips, which has become one of her signature moves, to emphasize her points in her monologues.

"In the first video that trended, I ate chips. A lot of people seemed to like it. There were a lot of comments asking me to do it again. So, I was like, OK whatever, and I did it again," she told CNN.

The comic sensation additionally wears tiny dark sunglasses as a prop in her videos. Just like crunching on chips, the '90s shades are for emphasizing on points made in her skits, she said.

"How do I manage to be this hot? The key to being hot is Photoshop," she said in one of her videos titled "If I pay for the app, I own the abs."

In the video, Majimbo joked about using Photoshop to look good in pictures, "Why get a six-pack in five months when you can get them in five minutes?" she added, putting on the sunglasses to make her point.

Her videos have received support from celebrities like actor Lupita Nyongo and current Miss Universe, Zozibini Tunzi.

Majimbo, who records all her monologues using her iPhone 6, said she does not write her lines down before filming, instead she simply "goes with the flow."

"The thing I like the most about my videos is that they come to me so easily and so naturally. I could just be sitting and feel like making a video about something, and I do it. Anything that comes to my mind, I record," she said.

"If I don't have any lines to record. I don't even bother, I just skip it and say no video today," she added.

'I've been able to find myself in a way I hadn't before'
Since becoming an internet sensation, Majimbo said she partnered with brands such as Canadian cosmetics manufacturer, MAC cosmetics, to create content aimed at promoting their products in fun ways.

The teenager, who is currently a journalism student at Strathmore University in Nairobi, is thinking about a completely different career.

According to her, she is taking the time to explore different and newer options, particularly in entertainment, "I think the career I wanted before is not what I want now. A lot of things have changed, I've been able to find myself in a way I hadn't before."

She added that she is looking into acting roles and having her own comedy show.

She has been given a South African name "Mpho" by her fans in the country. The name means "gift" in Tswana language spoken in Southern Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/18/africa/kenyan-comic-sensation-intl/index.html
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Abohboy: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
More disaster for Nigeria Nigerians are now saying that Zimbabwe is better and zimbabweans are more honest

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/

This is The greatest lie ever in history. Nigeria is nowhere near as bad as Zimbabwe your hate for Nigeria will consume you, I don’t understand why you hate the country so bad. But alas your stupidity is funny and enjoyable.
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
TayserMahrii:
This chip-eating Kenyan comic is keeping Africans entertained on social media

(CNN)Elsa Majimbo is taking over social media by providing comic relief on Instagram and Twitter amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Kenyan comic, whose relatable monologues often go viral, films from her home in Nairobi, the country's capital city.

Majimbo first went viral after posting a video in March when initial restrictions such as intermittent lockdowns, border controls, and closure of schools and restaurants were imposed by the Kenyan government to curb the spread of Covid-19.

In the video, the 19-year-old talked about being in isolation at the time and wanting to be left alone.

"Ever since corona started, we've all been in isolation, and I like, miss no one," she said, laughing and eating potato-based crunchy chips in the video.

"Why am I missing you? There is no reason for me to miss you... do I pay your rent? Do I provide food for you? Why are you missing me?" she added, still laughing.

The quirky humor in the video earned Majimbo many reshares and more than 250,000 views from users across the continent, including South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria.

She told CNN she did not expect the video to get as much attention as it did, but many people related to it.

"It was the time we had just gotten to lockdown, and everyone was telling me they missed me, and I literally like being away from people, so I thought to myself, 'Let me make a video about that,'" she said.

"I did not expect all the attention, but it happened, and I am glad it did."

Since going viral, Majimbo has made more videos combining dry humor and criticism around the subject matters she decides to film about.

Many of the videos have more than 250,000 views on Instagram and an average of 50,000 views on Twitter.

Some of the videos have also been featured on American owned cable channel, Comedy Central.

Eating crunchy chips
Majimbo often incorporates eating crunchy chips, which has become one of her signature moves, to emphasize her points in her monologues.

"In the first video that trended, I ate chips. A lot of people seemed to like it. There were a lot of comments asking me to do it again. So, I was like, OK whatever, and I did it again," she told CNN.

The comic sensation additionally wears tiny dark sunglasses as a prop in her videos. Just like crunching on chips, the '90s shades are for emphasizing on points made in her skits, she said.

"How do I manage to be this hot? The key to being hot is Photoshop," she said in one of her videos titled "If I pay for the app, I own the abs."

In the video, Majimbo joked about using Photoshop to look good in pictures, "Why get a six-pack in five months when you can get them in five minutes?" she added, putting on the sunglasses to make her point.

Her videos have received support from celebrities like actor Lupita Nyongo and current Miss Universe, Zozibini Tunzi.

Majimbo, who records all her monologues using her iPhone 6, said she does not write her lines down before filming, instead she simply "goes with the flow."

"The thing I like the most about my videos is that they come to me so easily and so naturally. I could just be sitting and feel like making a video about something, and I do it. Anything that comes to my mind, I record," she said.

"If I don't have any lines to record. I don't even bother, I just skip it and say no video today," she added.

'I've been able to find myself in a way I hadn't before'
Since becoming an internet sensation, Majimbo said she partnered with brands such as Canadian cosmetics manufacturer, MAC cosmetics, to create content aimed at promoting their products in fun ways.

The teenager, who is currently a journalism student at Strathmore University in Nairobi, is thinking about a completely different career.

According to her, she is taking the time to explore different and newer options, particularly in entertainment, "I think the career I wanted before is not what I want now. A lot of things have changed, I've been able to find myself in a way I hadn't before."

She added that she is looking into acting roles and having her own comedy show.

She has been given a South African name "Mpho" by her fans in the country. The name means "gift" in Tswana language spoken in Southern Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/18/africa/kenyan-comic-sensation-intl/index.html

There's this other one called King Kalala...i swear that girls crazy as fvck. It seems rona was a blessing in disguise to some peeps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-7aLGb9NWM

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by ednited(f): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
TayserMahrii:

Come in. had to call you grin grin
How have you been? Where have you been tho? grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Samorobo2:

Cos you are always having stupid illogical feelings..

I know that thread meant life to you only that you won't admit it...but what shall we do we must carry on with life brother. cry
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
kikuyu1:

That was the greatest thread on the entire forum,possibly in THE ENTIRE WORLD!? It had real info on respective sociopolitics,consumption patterns and statistical economical breakdowns a good student would be proud to present to a diligent tutor. Off head,I rmbr it also had archaeogenetics on some southern Ethio Omotic (not Oromo) dna in Kikuyus,the centuries old legalised (Inboekseling) Boer slave holding that morphed into prison labour lasting til the 80s,shocking WA cultural practices like trokosi, etc,etc.
Keep me out of competing with Mzansi,though-that's a fruitless exercise like wrestling with the wind. If the post covid world continues its growth pattern I'll revisit this thread.

I think only one other Kenyan thread in Jamii forum ran longer than that one. Can you imagine two of the longest running threads on the net revolve around Kenya and were created by foreigners.

1 Like

Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by kikuyu1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
Seen the latest ,ednited?

The WHO chief said that countries needed to work together to "prevent vaccine nationalism," so in the event a vaccine or vaccines are developed, those at the highest risk will have equal access.
[url][https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/who-chief-warns-vaccine-nationalism?ampurl]

I'm personally UNBOTHERED tbh. Me and mine won't undertake foreign vaccination under any circumstances! If people are dumb enough to accept the word of a homo with a depopulation agenda they deserve all the inevitable fecked up results.
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
ednited:

How have you been? Where have you been tho? grin

I'm fine. Thank you for not mentioning the competition (mtis & co) grin. Who killed Hachalu Hundessa? wink
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Wuoche and Baliv254.....we miss the Nairobi pics
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

I know that thread meant life to you only that you won't admit it...but what shall we do we must carry on with life brother. cry

If there is one person I know whose life has been thrown into disarray is Sammy. grin
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Saddamochieng00(m): 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
TayserMahrii:

If there is one person I know whose life has been thrown into disarray is Sammy. grin

grin grin grin
Re: South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

grin grin grin

The hobbits ruined it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Zamfara Government Official, Businesswoman / Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors / Peter Obi Meeting With Cross River State Traditional Rulers(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.