Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408611 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by calculusx(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
I am as well waiting for the rainy season to start before i get start my new project to get a fair deal on Cement but pending the time i can work on vibrated blocks to be done on my site while i negotiate the labor. I have to bookmark this thread for future reference, lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand
All Other Sand Is Sinking Sand!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
Bros payless
This your site ain't any cheap oo!! grin

Quote:

Town Square Bathroom Suite with Tub, Toilet, Faucets for $2,773 - Priced Before Discount at $3,098
SAVE $325 INSTANTLY

$2,773 Equals: #427,042
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
I called the welder and told him I want to change the
design of my burglary. So I was there tonight
and I Have choose a new design(not really a new design
jut did some little amendment on the old one).
The price is still same anyways
but tomorrow, I still have to be there
so as to confirm the design again

Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
payless:

I went to do window shopping for Jaccuzzi bath tub, toilet seats, washand basins, sinks, standing shower, and bathroom accessories. I can say for sure that the American brands for all this stuff are more sophisticated than the England and Chinese ones you have in Nigeria, in terms of quality and prices. They are just no match for what they sell in America. Checkout the websites below and confirm this.

Pls visit: www.lowes.com or www.homedepot.com

@ Payless, Those items you listed are all MADE IN CHINA. Just check under and you will find out. Even in homedepot ( I shop there regularly), you will find out that all those items have broad range in quality and prices. All can be found in the top shops in Naija. Quality for quality, most of those items will be cheaper in Naija.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
@AM Alone

You have to be there to see what they sell. The stuff they sell are on differenet level from what I saw in Lagos. There are lots of other stuff that are well less expensive than what you have up there. Checkout both websites to see more of their stuff. In case it asks for zip code, just put 27455. I actually saw a nice set; jaccuzzi with phone shower, standing shower with shower head, toilet bowl, and seat with double washhand basin for my master bedroom for $2,455. They look fantastic!

@Segewood

The stuff I am talking about are brand that come from U.S. The Kohler and American Standard are not made in China only. They are also made here in the U.S
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ Sagewood,
I strongly agree with you!!!
I am very glad I didn't check out
the price of Twyford Envy before
I went to the market to buy them
I bought it for 80k while the price
online was around 120k!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
payless:

@AM Alone

You have to be there to see what they sell. The stuff they sell are one differenet level from what I saw in Lagos. There are lots of other stuff that are well less expensive than what you have up there. Checkout both websites to see more of their stuff. In case it asks for zip code, just put 27455. I actually saw a nice set; jaccuzzi with phone shower, standing shower with shower head, toilet bowl, and seat with double washhand basin for my master bedroom for $2,455. They look fantastic!

Hmmm that would still be around 400k!!!
I will be happy for you ooo!!!
Total cash moi spend for my 4 toilets & bathroom
was around 700k!!! I think I did very great
Bros only master bedroom na 400k!
You will be spending up to 2million for your bathrooms stuffs
if you still stick with so much quality!
But I can assure you, they can be cheaper
and again. If you see them live, you can sure tell which is best!!

Also, do not fancy too flashy stuffs
They may be china. Quality #1
I assure you, 70% of all the stuffs I picket mysef
when I went to buy mine were china.(because i love flashy things!)
The guy kept telling me that!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Sagewood,
I strongly agree with you!!!
I am very glad I didn't check out
the price of Twyford Envy before
I went to the market to buy them
I bought it for 80k while the price
online was around 120k!

@ Am Alone, Please continue to do the good work in this thread. Much appreciated.

@ Payless, Don't get carried away by Kohler products. I am going to homedepot this afternoon. Check all those products, all MADE IN CHINA.
It depends on the shop u visited in Lagos / Nigeria.

payless:

@AM Alone

You have to be there to see what they sell. The stuff they sell are on differenet level from what I saw in Lagos. There are lots of other stuff that are well less expensive than what you have up there. Checkout both websites to see more of their stuff. In case it asks for zip code, just put 27455. I actually saw a nice set; jaccuzzi with phone shower, standing shower with shower head, toilet bowl, and seat with double washhand basin for my master bedroom for $2,455. They look fantastic!

@Segewood

The stuff I am talking about are brand that come from U.S. The Kohler and American Standard are not made in China. They are made here in the U.S
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
confess that some made in china stuffs can be very good
Like the one we have in America!
They can be very good. because this same China too
can produce quality products. It all depends on what you want
or what you ask them to produce.

For example. Check out any KFC(Chinese restaurant) outlets.
Everything there were made in China and they still look not only
very good but very durable!!!
I haven't mentioned that the most expensive/beautiful/adorable
tile I even walked on was made in china?
Peace & Gudnyte wink !!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Sagewood

Those items you listed are all MADE IN CHINA. Just check under and you will find out. Even in homedepot ( I shop there regularly), you will find out that all those items have broad range in quality and prices. All can be found in the top shops in Naija. Quality for quality, most of those items will be cheaper in Naija.

You already said they were made in China. Now you said, you were going to home depot this afternoon to confirm. Why people like to just jump to conclusion when they don't really have the full information. This shows that you are not sure of what you just said, that is why you are heading to home depot.

Of course some of the stuff Kohler made come from China, while most of their products are still manufactured in the U.S. Don't forget that America will not allow unsafe and substandard product to come into their country. That is why you see a lot of Chinese products in Nigeria that are below par. Such products that are not good enough can only be dumped in a third world country like Nigeria and not USA. Don't compare stores that sale building materials in Nigeria to the ones in America. How many companies that sell building materials in Nigeria look like the one in America. I did not see any bathroom washhand basins that have double bowl in Lagos. Here in U.S, we have a lot of it made with mables. Everyone in Nigeria now buys washhand basin with pedestal. Don't forget that there are hundreds of thousand if not millions of bathroom products to choose from in U.S than Nigeria. What about toilet seats with automatic flush in Lagos? Not even a single washhand basin that uses sensor or shade. Never compare sleep to death. You have varieties in America while you have few in Nigeria. Combine all the building material shops in the whole Nigeria into one and they still cannot compete with what lowes have in one state in the whole of USA. Fact! There are other tens of companies, even hundreds that sell building materials in America other than home depot and lowes. How many are there in Nigeria? In fact, some people travel all the way to Lagos to buy building materials from far away. In America, in almost every city you can find stores that sell building materials, while in Nigeria, some people go tens or hundreds of miles in order to buy a single pipe or even nails.

Kohler and American Standard are the only two companies left that manufacture most of their bathroom products in U.S. Other companies are already in China full time. But not because of technology, it is because of cost of labor and manpower.

Just open the link below so you see for yourself that Kohler are still made in USA:

http://www.ffstock.com/blog/everything-else/kohler-faucets-fixtures-accessories/to-kohler-or-not-to-kohler-where-is-kohler-made/
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:53am On Apr 10, 2011
80% if not more of the products we use here in America from electronic to cloths, house item, building material, shoes, just name it are made in China but with higher quality. products are inspected for safety, standards, and quality before being imported to the US unlike naija where importers demand lower and lower quality each time they visit China. 99.9% of homedepot, lowes and sears item are from China.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:08am On Apr 10, 2011
@ Payless, Your argument is baseless. I was saying that I shop @ home depot regularly and will even be there today. This was to point out that I know a lot about the products they sell in their shops. I was not infering that I will checking MADE IN CHINA when I go there.
You need to understand the postings before replying with ignorant comments. I wonder the side of America you live in (white house?). There are a lot of substandard goods here. Go to WalMart, WinCo, JCPenny, Best Buy, Sears,  etc,  Like I stated before there are BROAD RANGE OF QUALITY from the lowest of the products to the best that dollar can buy. Your statements are pitiful. One does not look down on his home country because he is based in America. I am a proud Nigerian American. But I am Nigerian first. Everyone knows that America is far more developed that Nigeria. That's not the point here, the point I am trying to make is that most of those products can also be found in the top shops in Nigeria (like Mega Plaza in VI and other high end shops). America also have low quality products made for the poor masses. I hope you will use Kohler and American Standard products for your little house in Nigeria! Be real!
Let us not detract from the main topic. But I hate fake people trying to be whiter than white. Nigeria is a developing country and we want the place to be better.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2011
My people, its better for you to buy and use N4500 toilet seat to complete your house than to stay a day longer in a rented apartment.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hardbody: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2011
@spyder did u use 6inches rather than 9 to build your groundfloor? Am just asking bc i thot u were doing a duplex. I am working on one too but i first moulded 9inches. Of course i did the bungalow with 6 inches, there is no prb on that. What roofing sheet will be slightly less expensive than these longspan stuff, i used the other non-corrugated roofing sheet b4, but i want something closer to aluminium now for the roofing of the duplex and i'd like someone to confirm this stuff about 'cameroun roofing sheet' i understand it is a hybrid between the long span and some other brand. Btw this thread is very practical.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Sagewood

@ Payless, Your argument is baseless. I was saying that I shop @ home depot regularly and will even be there today. This was to point out that I know a lot about the products they sell in their shops. I was not infering that I will checking MADE IN CHINA when I go there.
You need to understand the postings before replying with ignorant comments. I wonder the side of America you live in (white house?). There are a lot of substandard goods here. Go to WalMart, WinCo, JCPenny, Best Buy, Sears,  etc,  Like I stated before there are BROAD RANGE OF QUALITY from the lowest of the products to the best that dollar can buy. Your statements are pitiful. One does not look down on his home country because he is based in America. I am a proud Nigerian American. But I am Nigerian first. Everyone knows that America is far more developed that Nigeria. That's not the point here, the point I am trying to make is that most of those products can also be found in the top shops in Nigeria (like Mega Plaza in VI and other high end shops). America also have low quality products made for the poor masses. I hope you will use Kohler and American Standard products for your little house in Nigeria! Be real!
Let us not detract from the main topic. But I hate fake people trying to be whiter than white. Nigeria is a developing country and we want the place to be better.

You seem to know too much. Now you are asking me what part of America I live. Let me just leave you with your problem. I really don't have time for someone like you that argue about something without facts. Stating the facts does not mean I look down on my country. You will be amazed to see what I do to contribute my quota to Nigeria. You just don't comapare what we have in Nigeria to what America has to offer when it comes to building materials, period.

You can see how low you are by saying you "hope I can use Kohler and America Standard for my little house that I am building". I thank Almighty God for providing me with money to be building the "little house". There are some that would appreciate to build the same "little house" (4 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 family room, 2 car garage, sunroom, 4 bathrooms, nook and a storage facility for that matter). It is laughable you are refering to that as "little house". So, buying quality bathroom sets from U.S that I think are of quality means I want to be whiter than white people or that makes me a fake. You got to be kidding me. Because you want Nigeria to be a better place does not mean you have to twist the obvious. I absolutely want Nigeria to be better than what it is today. I am not one of those people who wants to be whiter than white. If you love Nigeria so much, why don't you move back there?

What a shame!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ hardbody, yes I used 6" solid blocks for the downstairs of my duplex. I was thinking of using 5" solid to do the upstairs but my engineer says we are going to use 6" hollow blocks on top. There is no problems with that. But you can use 9" hollow fr your downstairs section, its okay.
On roofing sheets, aluminium long span is not all that expensive these days. A friend has told me of the Cameroun zink but am yet to go and do a survey on that as I ve not used it before. They said its fine but am not sure of the price as I ve not got to that stage yet.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
These are bathroom sinks. If I find them available and cheaper in Nigeria, then I buy them and be proud of it. But are no where to be found.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2011
Affordable, Quality, and Beautiful. You will be amazed to know they cost a little over a $1000 for the set.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
They look really good but don't cost much. A little over $299 each.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
If you want the price, I give you the price. They are cheaper than what you think. The toilet seat cost a little over $300, while the standing showers cost a little over $700 each.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
The point is all the items I posted above are of more quality than what importers bring to Nigeria from China to sell. The bathrooms sets they bring from China to U.S.A are of more quality that what we see in Nigeria. If they bring bathroom sets of this quality to Nigeria, how many people can afford them? Even I saw some bathroom sets that are still more expensive than what I posted above. But to me they worth it if you have the money. So I disagree with some people who argued with me over this when they claim the bathroom sets in Nigeria can match the ones they bring from China to U.S.A in terms of quality.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ Payless,

No need joining issues with ignorant person and probably half - educated. You are not stating any facts. The facts remain the same: there are broad range of quality products from the lowest of the low to the best, period! China makes most of those products, and that is a fact.
Posting pictures does not mean anything. People should buy whatever quality products they can afford, home or abroad.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Sagewood
I am a Duke University Alumni. I refuse to go into gutter with you. That's where you belong. Please go away!

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ payless, well am aware of the tactics of our importers hen it comes to cutting corners in the quality of products. But dont you think the higher prices in the US has something to do with the overheads in those US stores.marketing costs are not an issue of cost of product alone. Those wares look very real anyway.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Spyder880

There is no reason for Nigerian importers to cut corners when it comes to bringing quality stuff into the country. The government must ensure quality products are brought into our country through rigorous inspection. I agree that the hihgher prices have something to do with the overheads. When you want the best, you always demand for the best. The wares look really good, but there are cheaper ones also that look really good.

The stuff I posted above are not bad for their prices.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ Payless,
Post your full name and department you graduated from in Duke. I will check to confirm if you are real. If you are actually educated like you claimed, then you should know that most of the products are made in China. When people shop, they buy what they can afford. Try WalMart and see the amount of low quality products. Stop running down Nigeria.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
I refuse to have anything to do with you again. Are you having a bad day?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ Payless, I am trying to stop fake people from making false impressions.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
Please go ahead!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2011
Good! This will put you in check from making any frivolous statements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.