Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,377 members, 7,829,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408620 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
more pics,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
more pictures,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
more pictures,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
more pictures,

1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
still more,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
views from the top of the castle, grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
more views from the top,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
more pictures,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
more still,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
fresh green bamboo to be used in the house,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
This local duplex was constructed in the late 1920s according to the survivors of the original owner, it was built with zero cement, nil rods and the plan was never drawn by any engineer. but it is still standing. we have a similar house built by my grandfather. enjoy the picture once again, grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^^^^ @Spyder, Does anyone still live inside that house. Na real 'at owner's risk' men!!

E be like say the house go fall at anytime now!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
I paid out another 10k today to settle those that supplied me bamboo sticks, also paid 5k for the transportation of the bamboo. this will bring the total money spent on this house to N1,101,900.00.
We are still working on the house, a boy came to me offering to do the iron bender works for my decking, if my engineer approves of his skills, then he will do the job. He said he will take 30k when we are ready to do the decking, but I may beg him to go lower still. Anyways the carpenter will be finishing before he can start.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
Demain_man:

^^^^^^ @Spyder, Does anyone still live inside that house. Na real 'at owner's risk' men!!

E be like say the house go fall at anytime now!!!

Nobody lives in the house now, the survivors who obviously were born in that old house are the occupiers of that newer house beside it with green roof. But my point is that the house could last this long without collapsing even as no modern materials were used to build the house. I will not sleep inside even if them pay me 1 milla cheesy grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^^^ I feel you bro. What about 2 or 3 milla? grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
Demain_man:

^^^^^ I feel you bro. What about 2 or 3 milla? grin grin

chai, I am tempted to agree, but, life dey sweetooo grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by dudubody: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
@spyder880, how much did ur pillars cost u, iron and cement etc. and how much did the lintel cost pls , i am at the poingt too with similar project but its (3) two bedrooms on ground floor and same up
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beautiful pix . . . . . .thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Spyder, Sir, do you know how much a trip of plaster sand is. I have been given N18,000 quote. I understand there is another sand called decking sand for plastering underneath the decking. Are these sand not the same as sharp sand?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Bisanjay: where are you building your own house? is it in Lagos, cux mine is. I am hiring a mixing machine for my decking as well. The actual labour cost is N100,000 plus N20,000 for the machine bringing it to N120,000. Remember its a day's job so hiring the machine is recommended so that work will go faster.

As for the Carpenter: Ol'boy I no know them ohh, but if you are building in lagos I can get his number from my brother who is supervising the work for me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
Demain_man:

@Spyder, Sir, do you know how much a trip of plaster sand is. I have been given N18,000 quote. I understand there is another sand called decking sand for plastering underneath the decking. Are these sand not the same as sharp sand?

Plastering sand should be slightly more expensive than sharp sand. In Enugu here, we buy it for N7500.00. I have not heard of any sand called decking sand, its the plastering sand that is used to plaster under the decking, and its always a difficult task to plaster.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by deemax: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Great Nairalander!Great! Pls can anyone send me a complete house plan(5 or 6 Bedroom Duplex).Pls i need ur assistance
email :aligacp@yahoo.com .God Bless you all!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
deemax:

Great Nairalander!Great! Pls can anyone send me a complete house plan(5 or 6 Bedroom Duplex).Pls i need your assistance
email :aligacp@yahoo.com .God Bless you all!

Look at page 2 of this thread and see if you can use the one I uploaded there, it was a 5 bedroom but I reconfigured it to make it a 6 bedroom stuff.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bisanjay: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
@prince onx,
i'm building in Lagos. would you confirm if the labour cost you quoted above involve; welder, bricklayer, carpenter and labourers w supplying the bricklayers.
i have also observed from the images shown on this thread that one block was set after lintel, but my own bricklayer wanted 2 blocks set round after lintel and befere decking is done. could this be write ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
@bisanjay:   The material and labour quote I gave/above is just/only for the decking. The welder/iron bender charged N60,000 just for the decking and steps. I paid him separately for all the pillars from foundation, lintel, and ark rod design. I also paid my carpenter separately for all the carpentry work from German (na G abi na J be this jerman thing name?) to pillars, then lintel, and ark design. The N250,000 I mentioned is just for decking carpentry work with their own planks, nail, and labour. I paid my bricklayers separately for casting after the foundation, setting of blocks to German floor level (N70,000 I think) and separately again after German floor to decking level (N180,000). I paid N80,000 for my German floor labour.

Mine too is 2 blocks after lintel before my decking. I can forward you picture from my email if I get your mail account. Good luck.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2011
spyder880:

Nobody lives in the house now, the survivors who obviously were born in that old house are the occupiers of that newer house beside it with green roof. But my point is that the house could last this long without collapsing even as no modern materials were used to build the house. I will not sleep inside even if them pay me 1 milla cheesy grin

Spyder, you get those buildings in ancient cities across naija, its more evident in the ancient city of Benin,  before the bypass to the east was constructed, when coming from Lagos to the east, most of those buildings you see along the road in the town are built with such sand,  though not duplex, and people still live in them, in fact renting shops there na hotcake, some span over a hundred yrs old,  but the colour of the sand is always very red,  deep red, or should I call it deep dark wine colour,

in those days they even paint them with sand and water to form a milky mixture,   the same sand is used in the old days to make local oven for bakery,  and many more,  its a tough susbstance I guess,

if you give me 50k, put a bed in that place with light, and mosquito net I would sleep there for a night, the 50k is for inconveniencing my family,  lol grin grin

seriously, I'm certain that building as u see it can go for another 20yrs,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2011
kuntash:

Spyder, you get those buildings in ancient cities across naija, its more evident in the ancient city of Benin,  before the bypass to the east was constructed, when coming from Lagos to the east, most of those buildings you see along the road in the town are built with such sand,  though not duplex, and people still live in them, in fact renting shops there na hotcake, some span over a hundred yrs old,  but the colour of the sand is always very red,  deep red, or should I call it deep dark wine colour,

in those days they even paint them with sand and water to form a milky mixture,   the same sand is used in the old days to make local oven for bakery,  and many more,  its a tough susbstance I guess,

if you give me 50k, put a bed in that place with light, and mosquito net I would sleep there for a night, the 50k is for inconveniencing my family,  lol grin grin

seriously, I'm certain that building as u see it can go for another 20yrs,

N50k? Bros, make sure you take an insurance first, lol.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mykel09(m): 8:15am On Apr 19, 2011
confirmed cement prices are down to 2.5k here in abj so i decided to commence my project,its a 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom bungalow all detached,went there with the engr and we discovered some illegal loggers had cut a tree and it fell on a portion of my plot ,so i had to arrange for electric saw guys to come cut it into manageable size so we can start clearing ,
total cost so far=5k
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2011
bisanjay:

@prince onx,
i'm building in Lagos. would you confirm if the labour cost you quoted above involve; welder, bricklayer, carpenter and labourers w supplying the bricklayers.
i have also observed from the images shown on this thread that one block was set after lintel, but my own bricklayer wanted 2 blocks set round after lintel and befere decking is done. could this be write ?

On the number of blocks to be set on top of the lintel, its a result of the house plan. Some people cut their window after 3 blocks, I did mine after 4 blocks. Some people make their window height 4 blocks, mine is 5 blocks high, so I have like 9 coaches before the lintel, then after the lintel, I only added one block.
Also, my house will carry a beam before the decking, thats why you see those woods protruding on top of my house, it will make the house like 12 blocks high. That will be high enough.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 8:54am On Apr 19, 2011
@Spyder880, God has been good to you and he will sure complete it. This work is impressive.
Thanks to all of the Ogas in construction business that have been given us building nuggets.
Keep it rolling please.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:10am On Apr 19, 2011
atasteve:

@Spyder880, God has been good to you and he will sure complete it. This work is impressive.
Thanks to all of the Ogas in construction business that have been given us building nuggets.
Keep it rolling please.

Thank you my man.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by deemax: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dear All,Pls can anyone send a complete 5 or 6 bedroom duplex plan to me.God bless you all

aligacp@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.