Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (53132 Views)

Peter Obi: Social Media Cannot Control Voice Of Prophecy - Fr Mbaka / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by BabaRamota1980: 5:41am On Aug 21, 2020
[s]
djon78:

Did they touch creflo dollar? No
He told them he was not answerable to them, and nothing happened.

Anybody fighting against the church is fighting against God
It is very very very dangerous

You can't fight your maker
Jesus said I will build my church and the gates of hell cannot prevail.

Irrespective of whatever they do
It will not touch the church in anyway
Never

I remember a church that had land
And one past government in the south
Wanted to take over the land as a result of the power they wield

The pastor said lai lai
Two government officials used bulldozer
To pull down the fence

The pastor picked up a block from the fence that was pulled down
And made a declaration
That if God didn't call him
That those two men will not escape divine judgement
Not up to two weeks
Those two officials
Died within the space of a day

Na run the state government
Run from the land
No be person tell them

People don't fear God again
Anybody that tampers with God's thing
Is playing with fire and eternal damnation
[/s]

This is why as a muslim i should become a pastor so i can exploit djon and people that think like him. After i make money i return back to Islam. grin
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by BabaRamota1980: 5:46am On Aug 21, 2020
samuelson06:

It's not about the pastors but the church. The church is the body of Christ and not about any man. Hence, no government can rubbish the body of Christ. Most importantly, Nigeria is the heartbeat of God so evil can't prevail. CAMA is evil against the church and the clause that's conflicting with the church's operation should be removed. It's like another man coming to run your family where you are the head. How would you feel?

On the issue of prophesy, there's nothing wrong about it. Prophesy by design is meant to be a warning so we can adjust our actions and avert it. It's shouldn't be about prophesying sweet things except when totally necessary. If a man of God prophesies about an impending calamity and then we adjust our actions to avert it, isn't that a good thing?

I understand that there are bad eggs in Christianity, just as it is in every other religion, but it's God's to weed His church and not any man to try to take advantage of that to destroy it. This is what it is. If you know anyone that is part of the CAMA plan against the church, tell them to walk away. This is a fight against God and no man can stand Him.

Really? The same church where pastor sleep with married women. Thats body of christ?

Ahh, look, who knows where i can enroll for bible school? I need to become a evangelist pastor.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by BabaRamota1980: 5:52am On Aug 21, 2020
emmnprince:

I see your point!

Government that is not serving the people as they should took it upon "themselves" to interfere in religious matter, clearly targeted the Church in this context.

When religious leaders meddle into government affairs and flaunt their flamboyant lifestyles so glaring before the Government's eyes, what do you expect!

In this case, Romans 13:1-7 comes to mind:
[b]Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
- Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
- For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
- for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
- Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.
- For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.
- Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.[/b]

1 Peter 2:13-15 says:
Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men—

. . .and Acts 4:19 and 5:29:
But Peter and John answered and said to them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to give heed to you rather than to God, you be the judge;

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

If these laws are passed to law, and religious leaders refuses to obey it, then anarchy is bound to happen soonest because there would be conflict of interests between the two parties!

Absolutely!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by xelly: 6:00am On Aug 21, 2020
Passing laws to regulate Christianity in Nigeria will NEVER stand. If anyone supports that, he should be ready to fight with his maker. We will do ours as human and spirit filled human and allow those that think they are wise and greater than their maker to face the music. Christianity is not a social gathering.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 21, 2020
Yobabad:
That why we said Buhari is Evil, if not that this stupid law is against Christianity He would never sign it into law. I have said it so many times that what matters to Muslims both Hausa fulani or Yoruba Muslims is Islam and not development or betterment of the so called Nigeria.
So u, is it not Christianity that matters u to the extent provoking u to make this self centred statement. This law was from National assembly, it passed two readings before forwarded to President for sign and u're here descending ur anger to signatory instead of the master minders. Why didn't u raised alarm when it's proposed?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by asamaigho(m): 6:39am On Aug 21, 2020
blackgold90:

The Catholic and Anglican Church are properly controlled from beginning, on single billionaire come from those churches that challenge govt decision and policies rudely.

You will remember that Pastor Oyedepo was in church the first week when govt advised that because if covid 19 religious activities should be suspended. He did that because he knew he can't be arrested and because of his billions,while his Catholic priests compile.

Also when Benson idahosa died,his wife took over church of God Mission while there are Senior pastors who would have taken over.

There are more billionaire pastors in Nigeria because they use church offering to enrich their self at the detriment of their members.

It is a good thing for a group of people to be controlled.
now i undertand where u are coming from.
but forgot to mention dat police station was burnt in kastina because ncdc officials tried to stop a jumat service during lockdown.
u forgot ti mention dat muslim terrorist attacked christain communities during lockdown. but u where very apt to say oyedepo didnot comply for d 1st week. dats hypocrity.
2ndly oyedepos billions i non of ur business, he has various companies and even d best schools in nigeria aswell.
leave d church to choose their leaders as it is non of govt business abi is it d govt dat chooses rev father, bishop and popes for d catholic church?.
your hypocrity is mind blowing.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by genkins(m): 6:46am On Aug 21, 2020
asamaigho:

now i undertand where u are coming from.
but forgot to mention dat police station was burnt in kastina because ncdc officials tried to stop a jumat service during lockdown.
u forgot ti mention dat muslim terrorist attacked christain communities during lockdown. but u where very apt to say oyedepo didnot comply for d 1st week. dats hypocrity.
2ndly oyedepos billions i non of ur business, he has various companies and even d best schools in nigeria aswell.
leave d church to choose their leaders as it is non of govt business abi is it d govt dat chooses rev father, bishop and popes for d catholic church?.
your hypocrity is mind blowing.
How did oyedepo get money to build companies and schools that you claim made him a billionaire. What is his day time job? Or did he inherit the wealth from his parents? Or what did he invent or patent? Answer pls, we are waiting.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by PropertyBuying(f): 6:56am On Aug 21, 2020
Omooba77:
Las las we go dey alright.....
I just pray these people will not add religious crisis to already volatile space.......
We pray God should guide us especially all leaders in different aspects.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 21, 2020
leofab:
i worship myself.. are you okay now ?
Ur Self?

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by shaw2(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Government as a matter of urgency should and must control the churches and mosques.

The same CAN that kept mute since the killings in southern Kaduna now out of nowhere resurface to fight for their personal interest instead of that her followers.

Don't know when people should wake up and see they are been used
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2020
leofab:
these organizations have turned to rogue houses... many citizens are being scammed and Maimed right before our noses... it’s time to regulate it... no organization is bigger then the government.
The relationship between churches and followers is a mutual one held by trust and faith. Regulating the church against the wish of the members is against both the leaders and members who accept the leaders as God sent.
By the way, what goes around the church is a tiny fraction of wealth in the system so we know better.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:23am On Aug 21, 2020
1TRUEEGOD:

I STILL SELL SENSE 1 KOBO

MIGHT CONSIDER GIVING YOU FREE BECAUSEOF YOUR MENTAL PREDICAMENT OF RELIGION.

BUT WHY DO YOU NEED TO SPEAK FOR GOD?

SEEMS ALL STUPID TO ME TO BE FIGHTING FOR A GOD .

IF YOU AND YOUR RELIGIOUS GANGS DONT WANNA PAY TAX ON BILLIONS YOU GENERATE, CONTACT YOUR GODS TO ACT OR WORSE YOU AND YOUR GOD COME DISPLAY PLAYCARD ON THE STREETS
You cannot term a contribution as money generated. It is as stúpid as stúpidity itself. What you have in the hands of church leadership is a contribution entrusted unto them by those who accept them as God's called and sent agents. If anyone feels there is mismanagement of such funds he is free to leave but forcing yourself upon the church leadership in what is suppose to be a mutual relationship is as daft as the idea of the devil himself.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2020
shaw2:
Government as a matter of urgency should and must control the churches and mosques.

The same CAN that kept mute since the killings in southern Kaduna now out of nowhere resurface to fight for their personal interest instead of that her followers.

Don't know when people should wake up and see they are been used
May lie not kill you.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by donnie(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2020
I am not a Christian but I'm against that law. Only fools will give government absolute control over thier lives. This government that we know came in through propaganda and is sustaining itself by propaganda.

They have failed even as the most incompetent of men and as such cannot handle such authority. Because it wouldn't end in church control. There's more where that came from.

And yes, many have built empires in the name of church, but it was done by FREE WILL. And the contributors believe their contributions are being put to the purpose for which they were given.

Even looking at it in the business sense, do you think the people will still contribute when they know you thieves are in charge of the funds?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2020
genkins:

How did oyedepo get money to build companies and schools that you claim made him a billionaire. What is his day time job? Or did he inherit the wealth from his parents? Or what did he invent or patent? Answer pls, we are waiting.
How did Jesus make the money Judas kept as a treasurer and stole from to the point only Jesus(not all disciples) knew of the theft by revelation?
Use your brain. Oyedepo doesn't directly owns schools or businesses? Use your brain more.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2020
donnie:
I am not a Christian but I'm against that law. Only fools will give government absolute control over thier lives. This government that we know came in through propaganda and is sustaining itself by propaganda.

They have failed even as the most incompetent of men and as such cannot handles such authority. Because it wouldn't end in church control. There's more where that came from.

And yes, many have built empires in the name of churche, but it was done by FREE WILL. And to the contributors they believe their contributions are being put to the purpose to which they were given.

Even looking at it in the business sense, do you think the people will still contribute when they know you thieves are in charge of the funds?
Thank you. I am happy one or two reasonable people are still around.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2020
commited:

Am not sure your Spiritually inclined with what is happening if not you won't be saying this. Put your brain to work and not to stupidity.
Well, Mr.spiritual inclinator, leave us out of your frustrations. Tithes and offerings have stopped coming for a long time shey? You and the rest of fraudsters have taken it to the next level. Weather you like it or not, your end is near. All those fraudsters and deceivers, all those useless spiritual fraudsters, God in heaven is preparing your judgements already. Fools
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2020
genkins:

What did Jesus invent or patent in human form that he had Judas as a treasurer? Apostle Paul too?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Sparro:

Well, Mr.spiritual inclinator, leave us out of your frustrations. Tithes and offerings have stopped coming for a long time shey? You and the rest of fraudsters have taken it to the next level. Weather you like it or not, your end is near. All those fraudsters and deceivers, all those useless spiritual fraudsters, God in heaven is preparing your judgements already. Fools
Empty talker.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by DedeNkem: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2020
Jihadi Buhari, who never liked Democracy, is doing everything to bring back dictatorship!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CodeTemplar: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God never asked His followers to gather in buildings belonging to world government registered businesses.
Stop that trash. Did the apostles gather in physical buildings or not? Holy Spirit even descended on them.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by cgei: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=93046690]
I am not certain what you are even arguing here.

Are you trying to say CAMA is God's plan for the government registered businesses called churches(which are not God registered entities) or something?

Answer , Revelation 17:16,17

The final result of these drama is here > Revelation chapter 18.

Everything is working as planned divinely.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by samuelson06(m): 11:46am On Aug 21, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Really? The same church where pastor sleep with married women. Thats body of christ?

Ahh, look, who knows where i can enroll for bible school? I need to become a evangelist pastor.

You are free to open a Bible school or even run a church. But know one thing, you'll eventually be disgraced like the ones that do abominable things in the church. Go and check all those who try to make a mockery of the church how their life is and also check those who are genuinely call for the work how they're doing. So anyone is free to do anything I'm the name of God and the church but the Satan they work for always have a way of disgracing them.

I'll stand for Christ regardless because I know the bad news are coming from the wolves in sheep's clothing within the church. It's always a matter of time before the weeds are separated from the crops. The church is open for all but if you think you can come in and rubbish the name of God, you tell yourself a lie.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by highflyer012020: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO CHANGE A PEACFUL LEADERSHIP OF THE CHURCH WITH ITS MEN. THE CHURCH IS NOT AN ORGAN OF GOVERNMENT PUT PART OF THE SOCIETY. IF THE GOVERNMENT FUNDS THE CHURCH THEN, HE CAN HAVE MANDATE TO REMOVE OR NOT. BUT IT DOES NOT AND WILL NOT FUND THE CHURCH, SO THE GOVERNMENT IS ONLY LOOKING FOR THE WRATH OF GOD.
techmo:
cool

Nonsense and ingredient... So CAN wants to tell us there are no Christians out of the over 400 National Assembly Lawmakers during the first and second reading, or the Public hearing of the bill

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Xeeex: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
Brandstudio01:
So who controls the Church is now more important than the country's many challenges?

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

Why only churches? Why not mosques?

Islamization plan in full swing
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by highflyer012020: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
THE GOVT WANTS TO CONTROL THE CHURCH AND CHANGE THE LEADERSHIP OF THE CHURCH . PLEASE KINDLY READ ACTS 12:1-4, 20-24.
seunlayi:
Govt can control churches. CAN should shut up or are they just waking up to see this coming? The court is there for us. Those who made that law includes Christians, even the VP is a lawyer/pastor.... But Govt should fear the supreme judgement of God over their obvious discrimination /disparity /favouritism over one religion than the other.

To those quoting me, let put the bible aside and let me ask if your pastor is above the government or an Oyedepo, Adeboye, Okogie,... can stand up and say he is above PMB? Let's learn as an Heavenly minded Christian to balance the respect for our Leaders. The disparity by Nigeria government in the way they handle matters relating to Christian vs Muslim is another thing entirely that obviously known to all. The day your pastor or preacher start lashing words not supported by the Bible against the leader, pls pick your bible and leave the church.

The poster above is making a point as a Christian.

Romans 13:1-7
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

1 Peter 2:13-17

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by oluxy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ok?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by seunlayi(m): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
highflyer012020:
THE GOVT WANTS TO CONTROL THE CHURCH AND CHANGE THE LEADERSHIP OF THE CHURCH . PLEASE KINDLY READ ACTS 12:1-4, 20-24.
yes, thanks for that passages and others in the old testament. This is where we should exercise our patience and be hopeful in God to have his way. Note that in those passages, nobody stood against the rulers but God proved Himself. This is where we should come together and unite in prayer, the discrimination and disparity, etc are just too much.

Do you know that even here on Nairaland, a Muslim can comment on any Christian topics but Christians can't comment on Muslim threads?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by AnanseK(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
seguno2:

While the mosques are left for people to pray five times a day
Are you serious? Or you are seriously joking

Joking seriously.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
This is the real secret behind all the arguement resulting from religion!
Apart from Jehovah's Witnesses, all other people are certainly worshiping themselves! smiley
But only Atheists do come out openly like this, all the others just try hiding behind a finger to bury their pride! smiley
leofab:
i worship myself.. are you okay now ?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by membranus: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
Evercurious:

Thank God it's your opinion.. very sillykne at that

Silly to a man of petty mind like you who cannot see beyond his nose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

TB Joshua's Prophetic Message For 2017 (Video) / Church Members Lie On The Floor For Pastor, To Welcome Him (Photo) / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.