Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Experiences In Dating Foreigners... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Experiences In Dating Foreigners... (1803 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) Dating Foreigners. / "Nothing Wrong In Dating A Married Man If He Takes Care Of His Family" / What Nwaamaikpe Said About Dating Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 12:23am On Aug 21, 2020
I do hear of Nigerians abroad complaining about not wanting to date a Nigerian lady...

So what are the experiences, merits and demerits of dating a Foreigner/white...

Lol let's try to make this topic interactive, I'm not in any foreign country but I aspire to come to one of those countries, preferably America....

2 Likes

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Walexdubia:
I do hear of Nigerians abroad complaining about not wanting to date a Nigerian lady...

Lol let's try to make this topic interactive, I'm not in any foreign country but I aspire to come to one of those countries, preferably America....

Merits
1. Splitting of bills- no hair money, uber money, food money, upkeep money, transport money. I once dated a Jamaican babe in uk and all the bills were split( hotel, trips, dates etc) who no like better thing.
2. True love- many of them love unconditionally unlike our babes that mostly date who can take care of her needs and family.
3. Many guys date and marry them for papers. Most arab countries dont give citizenship even if you marry their babes. You don see 9ja guy marrying a Dubai indigene. In canada here were many of the Nigerians who migrated have papers dem no dey reason whites like that.
4. 9ja babe is likely to deal with you well during divorce. Your house and access to kids gone.

Demerits
1.sex is not a big deal to them they like to cheat and explore other dicks.
2.small fights most times equals divorce.
3 financial recklessness accumulating debts.
4. Training my siblings in Nigeria and caring of parents back home many frown at it. Abroad all man for himself.

8 Likes

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 2:53am On Aug 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Merits
1. Splitting of bills- no hair money, uber money, food money, upkeep money, transport money. I once dated a Jamaican babe in uk and all the bills were split( hotel, trips, dates etc) who no like better thing.
2. True love- many of them love unconditionally unlike our babes that mostly date who can take care of her needs and family.
3. Many guys date and marry them for papers. Most arab countries dont give citizenship even if you marry their babes. You don see 9ja guy marrying a Dubai indigene. In canada here were many of the Nigerians who migrated have papers dem no dey reason whites like that.
4. 9ja babe is likely to deal with you well during divorce. Your house and access to kids gone.

Demerits
4. Training my siblings in Nigeria and caring of parents back home many frown at it. Abroad all man for himself.
Thanks for the insight...

1 Like

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Cousin9999: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
Um, American black people are... different.

My suggestion is that you date black people from anywhere else, or first generation black Americans. Luckily, in America and Canada, you can meet black people from everywhere, and your passport allows easy travel.
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Cousin9999: 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:

This is primarily an issue with Americans and whites.

If you dated a Caribbean person or child of one, for example, it's very unlikely they would object. It's very common to finance private school for children back home. It's also common to care for elderly back home, buying homes, paying for in-home care, and etc.

People who have a problem with it are either paranoid or culturally/politically white.

I can't even imagine telling a spouse that they can't use a crumb of our resources to educate children in the family or put elderly family in a safe, comfortable home. That's just horrible. smh
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
Cousin9999:

If you dated a Caribbean person or child of one, for example, it's very unlikely they would object. It's very common to finance private school for children back home. It's also common to care for elderly back home, buying homes, paying for in-home care, and etc.

People who have a problem with it are either paranoid or culturally/politically white.

I can't even imagine telling a spouse that they can't use a crumb of our resources to educate children in the family or put elderly family in a safe, comfortable home. That's just horrible. smh
how is it horrible when its not in their culture any parent giving birth to children should make sure he can train them and people should also plan for retirements- children are not retirement plans.

3 Likes

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Cousin9999: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
how is it horrible when its not in their culture any parent giving birth to children should make sure he can train them and people should also plan for retirements- children are not retirement plans.

It's horrible to ignore suffering in general, but to ignore the situation of family when you can more than manage to help is cruel.

Why would you want to be with a person who thinks caring for elderly or giving kids a better start in life is a burden? I don't trust or respect people like that.

2 Likes

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Alex182,,Mamagee3,,Monkeybabe,,HeavenlyCherub,,
What do you have to say to this smiley
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Merits

Demerits
You said it all
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by HeavenlyCherub(f): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Walexdubia:

Only lazy men find African women intimidated I swear. I know white men who take care of their wives. They work and the women are housewives. You men need to pick one. Do you want a submissive housewife you cater to. That means solely responsibility is on you, or you want one who works and you men on Nairaland normally label feminist and gold digger. Pick a side

1 Like

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 7:55am On Aug 24, 2020
Cousin9999:
Um, American black people are... different.

My suggestion is that you date black people from anywhere else, or first generation black Americans. Luckily, in America and Canada, you can meet black people from everywhere, and your passport allows easy travel.

Ok thanks for the insight. Ladies also on this forum can also share their own experiences in dating foreigners..
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2020
Cousin9999:

Thanks for the insight..
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2020
Cousin9999:

It's horrible to ignore suffering in general, but to ignore the situation of family when you can more than manage to help is cruel.

Why would you want to be with a person who thinks caring for elderly or giving kids a better start in life is a burden? I don't trust or respect people like that.

You have a point though, this life ain't perfect, everyone is just struggling..
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Cousin9999: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2020
Walexdubia:

You have a point though, this life ain't perfect, everyone is just struggling..

Also, people who have a major problem with this reek of insecurity and other mental problems. It horrifies them to think that someone else will have the same lifestyle as them or better. They want/need people, even family, to have less than them, have nothing, or suffer. Again, I don't respect or trust people like that.
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2020
Cousin9999:

Also, people who have a major problem with this reek of insecurity and other mental problems. It horrifies them to think that someone else will have the same lifestyle as them or better. They want/need people, even family, to have less than them, have nothing, or suffer. Again, I don't respect or trust people like that.

You've said it all, insecurity is a major challenge even the Rich can't fight insecurity with their money..

1 Like

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Merits

Demerits

Lol I'm white Australian girl n isn't true. We all dnt cheat. We don't all rush into divorce. We don't all stop men seeing their kids if divorce happens nor take all the man's money, sum want nothing. My man is Nigerian n I wouldn't care bout helping his family back home as they're my family too.
Not all interracial marriages r bout papers sum is for love. Not all are financially reckless either lol. Not all women are the same no matter the country. That's stereotyping. I don't know why Africans think all white girls are like this. Yeah you'll get sum like it but we ain't all the same. Majority I know here in Australia have been in long term relationships. I know interracial couples been together for years happy. My mums friend married a Nigerian man they had kids then got grandkids n many happy years together til he passed away a cpl years ago so she took his body back to his homeland in Nigeria for burial. They had a beautiful relationship. I guess it's all about finding the person who's right for you which is nothing to do with colour. Also most of us believe in splitting bills that's true. Here in Australia we either work n those who can't cos we gotta raise kids or anyone with sickness etc or can't find work we get paid weekly or fortnightly by our gvt so we have our own money. We ain't really the dependant type.

5 Likes

Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2020
Cousin9999:

Lol not all white ppl are like that. some do help family and inlaws some don't. Not every white person is the same just like not all black ppl are the same. Yes our cultures are different but sum families are close, some ain't, I'm especially talking bout Australia for instance we get free education unless U want private schooling, we get government payments weekly if we don't or can't work, free Medicare etc so usually there's no need to help our family in monetary ways. But sometimes ppl still need help for various reasons n like I said some families help each other some don't. N I think some European countries have access to similar things from our gvt. So really U can't compare things in that way to us. Some ppl put elderly parents in homes to be cared for cos they work n have children to care for aswell or cos of medical reasons, some tough it out n stay home with them care for them but can't work so the gvt pays them. Less than working would get but plenty to get by. It's not the same here so comparing in that way doesn't really make sense. As for interacial relationships my man's Nigerian n I wouldn't mind helping his family bk home as they're my family too. Some white girls wouldn't mind, would want to help. Some wouldn't. Depends on what kind of person they are.
Re: Experiences In Dating Foreigners... by Walexdubia(m): 1:34am On Aug 25, 2020
Missyford31:

Lol not all white ppl are like that. some do help family and inlaws some don't. Not every white person is the same just like not all black ppl are the same. Yes our cultures are different but sum families are close, some ain't, I'm especially talking bout Australia for instance we get free education unless U want private schooling, we get government payments weekly if we don't or can't work, free Medicare etc so usually there's no need to help our family in monetary ways. But sometimes ppl still need help for various reasons n like I said some families help each other some don't. N I think some European countries have access to similar things from our gvt. So really U can't compare things in that way to us. Some ppl put elderly parents in homes to be cared for cos they work n have children to care for aswell or cos of medical reasons, some tough it out n stay home with them care for them but can't work so the gvt pays them. Less than working would get but plenty to get by. It's not the same here so comparing in that way doesn't really make sense. As for interacial relationships my man's Nigerian n I wouldn't mind helping his family bk home as they're my family too. Some white girls wouldn't mind, would want to help. Some wouldn't. Depends on what kind of person they are.
Thanks for the insight...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? / Why Is It Hard To Get A Wife Material? / Why I Always Recommend Northern Ladies To Decent Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.