Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad (42266 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / Sad Truths About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by UnknownJr: 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by armadeo(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
Who dem epp.

Anyway if people calling you for help pushed you to commit crime in order to help said people, you should receive double the punishment for the crime if you ever give that as your reason.

Akata peeps shouldn't give a Bleep about anyone except parents and siblings. Stretch yourself to accommodate them not one aunty or uncle that you dont know well calling for help that you cant give.

If it was easy he wouldn't be asking for help. You too need help

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by pretydiva(f): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2020
It's quite sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by LoyalRccgMember: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2020
too late
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Maneq: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Oga tell them to return home if living abroad isn't good for them.. As long as they're abroad, we will continue to call them.. cheesy cheesy
Omoyami.

MAFO!!!
a yoo pe ọ

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Ezeimo: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Oga tell them to return home if living abroad isn't good for them.. As long as they're abroad, we will continue to call them.. cheesy cheesy

Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2020
promotervickky:

Lol period grin

Stay in Nigeria NO! they will say Nigeria is bad.
Another wicked and selfish folk identified.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Kemimarch16(f): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2020
It is true
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by kunle75(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

I decree today you will make it there and particularly US to be precise.

Then i will be here to listen to your side of the story,trust me it wont be long cos i can relate with the OP.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Ezeimo: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

Get a life and stop being idotic

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by lilmax(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:
Many people in Nigeria think all is well with everyone living abroad especially those in Europe.

It's sad that many don't even want to know what you are doing for a living or if you even have accommodation.

Many don't care if you have eaten or if u even have the necessary documents to move around to work. The moment they call their loved once they start laying their complains and expect u to meet all their expectations. Failure to do so, they tag u with different names such as being wicked, stingy etc.

This has pushed alot of people Abroad to engage in all sorts of illegal deals to raise funds to meet family needs. But when yawa will gas u will be left alone to carry the cross. Inside Life
why can't they come back if all is not well?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by wunmi590(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by kunle75(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Maneq:

Omoyami.

MAFO!!!

Please tell her
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by maxwell767(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:
Many people in Nigeria think all is well with everyone living abroad especially those in Europe.

It's sad that many don't even want to know what you are doing for a living or if you even have accommodation.

Many don't care if you have eaten or if u even have the necessary documents to move around to work. The moment they call their loved once they start laying their complains and expect u to meet all their expectations. Failure to do so, they tag u with different names such as being wicked, stingy etc.

This has pushed alot of people Abroad to engage in all sorts of illegal deals to raise funds to meet family needs. But when yawa will gas u will be left alone to carry the cross. Inside Life

So then why going there at first
Abeg send me something... cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Ategberoson(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2020
I read here years back when someone was asking he had 11mllion and he was planning to relocate to Canada and I was like what a fúck

my dream to travelled out died the period I made my first 1 million as little as it was

except if I'm touring with family, I'm not relocating anywhere, even though those living in North will want to leave their lion den but no where is actually safe

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Sososo(f): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2020
Then let them keep their bum bum in Nigeria because that mentality has come to stay

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by dingbang(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
taa won't even pick ya call if I be ya relative for abroad.
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Stillthebest: 10:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

Just wow me lol. Have u heard a saying? "Instead of a child to return empty handedness, he would rather spend more years abroad"

Many can't stand the shame of coming empty handed. Most of them, when returned that way most times become almost useless because they won't know where to start from.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by sulaak(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

.....return too what?
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Goldenheart(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by OlawaleBammie: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

No b only abroad sef cheesy

If Ur mama dey live for Abeokuta and U mistakenly relocate to Abuja or Lagos..

Well, sorry is Ur case grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by agarawu23(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by soleexx(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:

You 100% Right...
Its really not about mentality!
"Seeing is believing "
You don't expect an average Nigerian man or woman that has never get to sit on airbus to know what's going on Abroad... So everything been broadcast about foreign countries is what they
Belive on... So until each of this men's, women travel outside nigeria.

Everything will be exposed to them..

Peace Out!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by luscioustrish(f): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2020
Elijahrona:

She was joking.

Here is another unique thing about Nigeria: We insult too much

Honestly.. you can't make jokes in peace, anyone with a brain would know that was a joke, very distasteful.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by ekwerendi(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2020
paulolee:
they are in advanced counties than Nigeria and dts Y we keep disturbing them but truly its not easy for them overthere..
was chatting with ma gee dts working in u k and he said since this year he had send a total of 50,000 pounds to his family in Nigeria and he sounded asif he's being stressed..
i told him dt he should not worry and think abt it too much bcoz they are his family and dts the price he would pay for working there..

50k pounds? He must be very generous...

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by dederocs(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2020
Not all Nigerians think this way, most Nigerians are busy trying to make their own money, they no send you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Jotrade: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Oga if you think say ge easy go try get Naija passport not to talk of Visa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2020
To my own understanding and knowledge...I don't think too much of billing can make you do illegal jobs, if it's not that you made up your mind to do it...you can't give out what you don't have.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by luscioustrish(f): 10:30am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by justlikedat: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
You can also be a giver and not a beggar, you need to change your mentality.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Dies In A Kano Park While Boarding Bus To Katsina State. Graphic Photos / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me / Oyinbo Man In Nigeria Gushes About Mobile Policemen Protecting Him (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.